• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Re-clearing these Challenge mode dungeons is as tedious as Plant farming so far. Been mindlessly clearing them with Kagutsuchi and I think I only had to stam refresh once. But I got 18 stones for my boredom so far!

I should be running Hera though. Gotta get the final 2 skill-ups on my Queen Hera. The Challenge dungeons will always be available.

How far are/were you able to clear with just Kagu?

hermit7

Beat Hera, only took me a couple stones because I was an idiot and didn't meet the hp threshold for Odin (thought it was 12k) and only had 2 RKs. So during Hades I was kind of screwed. 2 of my stones went to that, a third was shitty because I got a call and didn't make any match and so I wasn't able to heal.

Overall it was alight but the time it took was outrageous. Need to skill up and level up next time I run it.

Went ahead and finished Ice Mechdragon as well. Nothing hard about that until the end when Mech did the double attack stuff that even Odin couldn't hold back. Each turn from him was insta-death.

Took 3 stones on that. Oh well. My box is f'in STACKED now. Got Fire Mechdragon, Ice Mechdragon, Hera as my newest additions. No, also got a Titan. Checked out the ultimate evo on the Titan and man ... that will come in handy.

Now to destroy all the normal and technical challenges and stack up for the next Super Sapphire / Dark dragon descends and the next godfest. Hope to have about 40 stones by then.

linsivvi

Juno Island boss cleared with this team:

Drawn Joker, Luci, Luci, Valk, Valk, Zeus.

Challenge mode is pretty fun so far. I get to try out some crazy team compositions with an insane amount of plus eggs.

Limit

Weekend is fast approaching and I am going to be in need of a couple of max skilled Echidnas for clearing all the top tier dungeons. My plan is to take my Odin, two gravity users, and 3 Echidnas for clearing Starlight Sanctuary and down. Of course when not running dungeons I will be leaving up my Echidna up too. Please post your IDs or register mine:

ID: 390,751,202

coy

challenge mode with 6 max awoken satans = gg. whats the calculation on 18 dark row enhances anyways? Also, I am also red group and no super metals =(

Someone can correct me if it is inaccurate:

3.5 * 2.8 * 1.75 = 17.15x

3.5 = 1 Satan leader multiplier
2.8 = multiplier for Awakenings
1.75 = multiplier for 6-orb match

Juno Island boss cleared with this team:

Drawn Joker, Luci, Luci, Valk, Valk, Zeus.

Challenge mode is pretty fun so far. I get to try out some crazy team compositions with an insane amount of plus eggs.

The team comps are my fave part of the mode (apart from the stones, of course). Having 5 maxed DMeta subs with W/D Vamp lead is too easy.

Congrats to all the new Hera owners!

J0dy77

Farmed 10 Hera today. Debating where to put them, DQ Hera or Hera-IS. What's the consensus?

DQ is really strong and I like her potential as a leader but IS fits better in a Horus/Kirin team.

How far are/were you able to clear with just Kagu?
I cleared Castle of Satan before I switched to farming Hera. I soloed the easiest dungeons with just Kagu. Then I started running 6x Kagu for the dual elements to kill High Dragons. I completed COS with 5x Kagu + Echidna for insurance. Would've still been pretty easy without her. I know the difficulty spikes after COS, so I'll see how easy/difficult it is with Kagu when I get back to it.

coy

Farmed 10 Hera today. Debating where to put them, DQ Hera or Hera-IS. What's the consensus?

DQ is really strong and I like her potential as a leader but IS fits better in a Horus/Kirin team.

I'd roll with DQ Hera. Her viability as a lead for descends appears solid, she's a better sub for Satan teams and her outfit is sweeter. Do what I did and check out your devil subs to see if you can wrangle a good group together. As for Hera-Is, if you go with F/L Horus, perhaps Hera-Is would be the better choice. I think you also have Hermes so that'd beef up your monoblue team.

Looking at the Sanrio collab some more, the (REM?) characters have nice leader skills for low cost dungeons. All of the unevolved forms are only 10 cost so they can fill the role for the currently available dungeons. This also means I can evolve D/D Batman and I don't have to farm/pray for chasers.

Just noticed the Greek 2.0 Gods got their max skill levels increased. I just bustied my Ares and noticed his skill wasn't maxed out, and I knew for sure he was maxed before. Looked it up and it looks like his CD goes all the way down to 9 now. Gonna have to wait for Groove Coaster collab to come back around now.

Unless you plan on leading with DQ often, I prefer Hera-Is. She's more versatile for multi-color spike teams, and is the only Water gravity monster. I also prefer her higher HP and RCV over DQ's higher ATK, because it helps with stalling/surviving/getting over HP thresholds.

Tobe

Proud owner of a takeminakata :) Anubis and kush :) did it on legend first try 2 stone it, no drop second try after farming a few stone, 0 stoned and got the drop :) #OneTrueGod.

Kreed

His active still is good for a light team but I have Thor for similar ability. I'd have to see the level 99 stats but the leader skill is a gimmick. You'll be hobbled to heal and can't see many of these being used consistently on a friend list. I'd rather run DQ Hera and I have enough basic farm teams.

You're overestimating the need for RCV with a x3.5 attack lead. Satan and Zaerog are similar in style but have negative RCV so you can't even heal at all, then there's the HP must be above x amount leads that can't take a hit at all/barely take a hit. With this lead you could at least supplement him with plus eggs or high RCV subs to make up for it (assuming you don't run him with a team of physical monsters who all have high HP and attack so it's not a big deal anyway). Then there's the ability to use King Bubblie for Physical spike or his active skill for a Light spike with an Light Orb Enhance monster.

He's not an over powered/must have monster, but he's at least on the same tier as the non Kirin Chinese gods.

Apparently Dragon Zombie Descended is a conditional that only allows you to bring Dragon types into it.

I knew there had to be a catch when they said it was a normal dungeon (it's been so long since they've made a new normal dungeon). Guess this will give their new Dragon Ultimates some use.

Limit

I spent 40 minutes tackling Starlight Sanctuary Zeus in challenge mode with Odin leader and because the 3 Echidnas I was using were not max skilled, a turn came where no delay was available and no hearts were present on screen. Run wasted.

I guess everyone is tackling challenge mode from the bottom instead of putting their best subs as leaders, at least everyone on my 200+ long friend list. Need more Echidnas.

I spent 40 minutes tackling Starlight Sanctuary Zeus in challenge mode with Odin leader and because the 3 Echidnas I was using were not max skilled, a turn came where no delay was available and no hearts were present on screen. Run wasted.

I guess everyone is tackling challenge mode from the bottom instead of putting their best subs as leaders, at least everyone on my 200+ long friend list. Need more Echidnas.

...Why would you not? I picked up 5 stones yesterday running nothing but joker and 5xValk. We need to get coordinated, and that really only applies for the later runs.

Limit

...Why would you not? I picked up 5 stones yesterday running nothing but joker and 5xValk. We need to get coordinated, and that really only applies for the later runs.

Its not a matter of why not but one of hype. I am of the mind of knocking toughest dungeons out while the hype for challenge mode is still here and people are putting suitable subs at the cost of losing PAL points. Lower level dungeons can be done with almost any subs.

Quantum

I used the device transfer twice this morning (switching my main touch account and my android account).

It worked perfectly.

J0dy77

So I woke up to gold dragons and 1/2 stamina weekend dungeon on my JP account. While I still don't have Egyptian evolves on US. Why do you hate us Gung-ho?

Anyone hear more about the new busties?

Ok weird situation, can anyone put up a nebradisk? I'm going to do the final level of castle of satan and I can getting to hades isn't a problem.

Lots of GrOdins on my list so auto healing and killing him isn't an issue, just need something to tank some damage.

J0dy77

He's not an over powered/must have monster, but he's at least on the same tier as the non Kirin Chinese gods.

Goemon teams work because they're 25 attack. Satan has amazing awakening to burst power and even then wouldn't be descended capable and requires his amazing leader skill. 12.5 attack is not enough to clear dungeons without some healing. Can it work, sure but I'd take my chances rolling for gods over him. Agree to disagree I guess.

Ok weird situation, can anyone put up a nebradisk? I'm going to do the final level of castle of satan in the abyss and I can getting to hades isn't a problem.

Lots of GrOdins on my list so auto healing and killing him isn't an issue, just need something to tank some damage.

I mean castle of satan in the abyss...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been clearing T5 challenge with 5 Valks and an Echdina. T6 is going to be where I need to think I imagine. Love these free stones, though!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
damn I got six plus eggs in a row from OoH with one run dropping two plus eggs

last run was no plus eggs, I guess drops in this game really are "streaky"

Yeah, that's what we've sort if been trying to engrain in people. REM, +eggs, PAL pulls...Everything operates on a streaky RNG hit.

Tobe

Man tried take on myth got trolled always getting 9 combos :( but this shit is pure rng.

Also is everybody farming verche skill ups?

Kreed

Goemon teams work because they're 25 attack. Satan has amazing awakening to burst power and even then wouldn't be descended capable and requires his amazing leader skill. 12.5 attack is not enough to clear dungeons without some healing. Can it work, sure but I'd take my chances rolling for gods over him. Agree to disagree I guess.

That's why I mentioned you'd ideally team him up with King Bubblie (x37.5) or a Light Orb Enhance monster combined with his x2 Light Attack (x70 if every orb is yellow and enhanced). I agree it would be nice if he didn't have the healing handicap, but I won't be surprised to see a lot of people running him once he shows up in both versions. But we can agree to disagree.

J0dy77

I am loving my Valk team again since I rolled back Venus to Love Deity version. The double light attack and stats are so strong even at lvl 42 and I have a completely new appreciation for change the world. With King Shynee and Change the world I was hitting Hera for nearly 10 million damage and just crushed Takeminikata.

Whenever gold dragons comes around I'm dumping all these challenge stones. Need so much light exp.

Jinko

I am loving my Valk team again since I rolled back Venus to Love Deity version. The double light attack and stats are so strong even at lvl 42 and I have a completely new appreciation for change the world. With King Shynee and Change the world I was hitting Hera for nearly 10 million damage and just crushed Takeminikata.

Whenever gold dragons comes around I'm dumping all these challenge stones. Need so much light exp.

What does the party make up look like, I assume its valk/valk ?

Really need a king gold to evo my shynee :(

5 Super Metal Runs

2 Invades + 2 other last stage Super drops, so 4 Supers from those 2 runs. 1 other super from the other 3.

5 total supers, 6 kings, yadda yadda highs. Good amount of em .. think like 16 or something like that.

J0dy77

What does the party make up look like, I assume its valk/valk ?

Really need a king gold to evo my shynee :(

Having enough HP to still run Shynee gives the team big potential. Excited to see what the team can do with Angelion and Venus maxed.

cpFWFsNl.jpg

sighhh
trying sea-god of heaven
ares//ares/freyr//freyr//hera-ur//echidna

sooo..
it went great..
but..
I'm on neptune..
In 4 turns i heal myself a LOT (like 24-25k every four turn) so he can't kill me..
BUT.......
i'm dealing 1 every time with hera-ur active up, almost full board red + freyr active up...
so.. it will take ages.... i fear i'll give up and let him kill me...
65000 hp..
so i deal 2+2+2+2+2+1 = 11 damage for turn!
i'll kill him soon! :L

Tobe

sighhh
trying sea-god of heaven
let him kill you ask for someone to put a shiva up, or top droid.

im going kinda off topic here but whats everybodies favorite monster, not talking about abilities but artwork.

currently my favorite one is D/L yomi \
989.jpg

as for the worst looking ones

fenrir knight
101.jpg

underlord hades
131.jpg

Jinko

At the moment the Archangel busty's are my favourites.

1103.jpg

1104.jpg

Agree fenrir, phoenix and dragon knight all look pretty bad as do mermaid & cupid.

bodine1231

sighhh
trying sea-god of heaven
ares//ares/freyr//freyr//hera-ur//echidna

sooo..
it went great..
but..
I'm on neptune..
In 4 turns i heal myself a LOT (like 24-25k every four turn) so he can't kill me..
BUT.......
i'm dealing 1 every time with hera-ur active up, almost full board red + freyr active up...
so.. it will take ages.... i fear i'll give up and let him kill me...
65000 hp..

I'm stuck on Leviathan. I tried my Valk team but didn't make it past the 3 white dragons. Then switched to my mono dark and got 1 shotted by leviathan. Guess I'll have to go the Odin/healer route but that seems like a pain in the ass,especially if the 3 dragons are synced. Or maybe try dark again with Odin helper and 2 gravity.

Kreed

NA might...actually be getting the Hello Kitty collaboration on the 27th? That's surprising. O_O

Gungho has been pretty good with global releases for collabs that don't have licensing issues (Batman, Clash of Clans, Groove Coaster, Angry Birds).

linsivvi

Its not a matter of why not but one of hype. I am of the mind of knocking toughest dungeons out while the hype for challenge mode is still here and people are putting suitable subs at the cost of losing PAL points. Lower level dungeons can be done with almost any subs.

Agreed. For normal dungeons, only Starlight Sanctuary needs coordination but I'd like to get this over with.

challenge mode on paper sounds really interesting, but...
challenge mode will definitely require a new "separate" tier list..
since the leader skills becomes useless a kirin team can as well go with multiple heartbreaker instead of kirinXkirin :p
same for pretty much anything..
the friend slot becomes a sub slot as well :L

Top Bottom