• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

challenge mode on paper sounds really interesting, but...
challenge mode will definitely require a new "separate" tier list..
since the leader skills becomes useless a kirin team can as well go with multiple heartbreaker instead of kirinXkirin :p
same for pretty much anything..
the friend slot becomes a sub slot as well :L

Any decent spike leader can clear contents up to Juno Island. They are definitely not useless.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So even if Hello Kitty REM comes to the US (which it appears as though it will), I can't decide if I want to roll. Novelty aside, I'm not sure if the monsters will be of any use...

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Wouldn't Odin with a bunch of auto healers clear Starlight Sanctuary too?

Edit: Nevermind, Zeus does too much damage

Weell, not necessarily, max RCV busty Ammy plus some awakening heals could tank the Zeus damage, I think the problem would do doing all of the floors leading up to the bosses since you'll be facing more than one enemy at a time and some are likely to be attacking on the same cooldown.

Colby

Can someone put up an Odin for me, please? Higher-leveled would be best. I'm Tim@GAF

384 134 290

Edit: Thank you, Nexus and Static. You can switch back now.

saichi

I used the following team to clear Hera with 0 stone.

DJ Lv 42
RK
Echidna Lv 37
Bluebird Lv 40
Awoken Hera Lv 45

GOdin max awaken

What's my chance to clear Hera-IS with this team?

Ducarmel

I used the following team to clear Hera with 0 stone.

DJ Lv 42
RK
Echidna Lv 37
Bluebird Lv 40
Awoken Hera Lv 45

GOdin max awaken

What's my chance to clear Hera-IS with this team?

You don't need blue bird bring siren or another RK and read up on the dungeon on padx the difference between hera and hera-is, hera-is is a technical dungeon. So you need to know when to activate RK skill, etc.

Totakeke

I'd go with team 1 but swap Astaroth with Jester Dragon. With astaroth as leader, you're losing some effectiveness since RK isn't a devil. Just hope you can get a steady supply of heart orbs to keep your health topped up.

Hmm, that might work since I can still kill CDD on his first attack... but 9k incoming damage with less than 4k rcv on Hera-Is doesn't sound like a good time, which was the problem with that team even with Astaroth lead. But with Astaroth lead I could kill Hera-Is faster with higher reflect damage. So it's kind of a wash.

Any decent spike leader can clear contents up to Juno Island. They are definitely not useless.

ehm no maybe i wasn't clear enough..
i meant that in challenge mode, where you just have YOUR leader skill, if you use spike leadXspikelead combo, you might as well use just your spike lead and then go for a full heartbreaker team :X active skill become much more important since the friend leader skill is not activated :p

Totakeke

Yay, did it with my Astaroth lead, unfortunately I had to one stone it near the end where I was healing ~15k each turn while she was dealing 18k, so I could only make it up every six turns when DJ was up. I also almost messed it up bad for the 5th stage because I didn't have any of my CDs ready, so I had to stall for 5 turns and take two hits, but thankfully it was the chaos blizzard dragon which I could take out with just 2 gravs and one MS instead of needing to use astaroth too.

Best news of all, it dropped. I have pretty good luck with legend descend drops so far. Two runs for one berserk and one highlander, one run for valk, and now one run for hera-is.

hermit7

Can anyone throw up their Busby drawn joker? Trying to run her a is with a godin and don't have any one my friends list at the moment.

357,270, 258

"oh hey kings are in PAL, maybe I'll roll a stack of 10 even though Twinlits will be in there later"
NdgWurIl.jpg

aww yeahhhhh

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Twinlits in the PAL?????

Also, from Hygor in the PAD group. If you're going to roll for the Kitty stuff...Read.

Short version:

--- Kitty Dragons:

- Kitty Tyrra:
Pros: balance enhance, 2/4/2 balance team with fire ninja. Ghetto Noel.
Cons: Fire balance is hard to create.

- Kitty Plessie:
Pros: Water 2/4/2 with Hermes helper, water physical
Cons: Second "idunn" in this collab, other is free from dungeon.

- Kitty Brachy:
Pros: Green delay and plus orb, awakes, Freyja alt.
Cons: Yet another green balance (could be a pro).

--- Kitty Big Sisters/Sempai

- Kitty Pierdra:
Pros: Attacker reshuffler
Cons: Very niche

- Kitty Lilith:
Pros: Dark Shiva, time awake, devil
Cons: Not a healer

- Kitty Angel
Pros: Orb changer, Purin/valk sub
Cons: Long skill rounds

--- Kitty Awesomers

- Purin:
Pros: Almost broken lead, awesome skill, amazing awakes
Cons: Subs are light/inapp heavy.

- Valkitty:
Pros: Time Mage replacement for us. Awesome awakes. Fun lead.
Cons: Very niche lead skill.

------------

Rolling Assesment:

-- Non inappers:
Purin > Valkitty > kbrachy > klilith > kangel > kplessie > ktyrra > kpierdra

• Purin/valkitty rock, and valk is still a top inapp/non inapp lead.
• Kbrachy is a good freyja replacement.
• Klilith is a shiva but you have droid

— Roll 3-4 times max. Purin and valkitty are good. But strong heroes, fruit dragons, jp. Pretty much every godfest these days the gods have end ulti amazing uses. This rem is mostly for inappers. If you get valkitty or Purin stop and save your stones.

-- Inappers:
Purin > Valkitty > klilith/kangel/kpierdra > kpierdra > others

• Purin/valkitty are awesome.
• Klilith and kangel help fill some niche teams. Kbrachy is a green delay but echidnas getting an ulti too soon.
• kpierdra is fun on dtron, but very niche. Others are replacements/side placements for things u have.

— 4-5 rolls max. Stop if you get Purin and valkitty. Save stones for strong heroes/Rodin/sonias.

-- Heavy Inappers
Purin > Valkitty > kpierdra/klilith/kbrachy > kangel > others

• Grab a valkitty and Purin. Purins pretty much gonna change the game for some people. Valkitty for time Mage slot.
• Grab Pierdra for dtron fun. Lilith and Brachy for status active replacements.

— you don't need ktyrra/kplessie. Don't roll for them unless u just like to complete things.

Totakeke

Yup, I definitely want Melody out of the silver eggs, so much better than Gryphon. I'd rank them similarly too. Lilith is okay because you get a devil with void def but the high cd means it'll be quite situational. Don't expect to roll any gold eggs so meh. :p

Kreed

Twinlits in the PAL?????

This thread was moving pretty fast with the Hello Kitty news but during this new event in Japan all the new EVO material (the Twinlits and the Trifruit) are in the Pal machine, in addition to the Twinlit and Trifruit dungeons getting regularly weekly schedules/being added as a higher tier in the weekly dungeons (Twinlits on Fridays, Trifruits on Thursday, the upcoming Keeper Dungeon on Tuesday). Obviously we haven't gotten these changes yet but they are coming so save your Pal points.

suko_32

This thread was moving pretty fast with the Hello Kitty news but during this new event in Japan all the new EVO material (the Twinlits and the Trifruit) are in the Pal machine, in addition to the Twinlit and Trifruit dungeons getting regularly weekly schedules/being added as a higher tier in the weekly dungeons (Twinlits on Fridays, Trifruits on Thursday, the upcoming Keeper Dungeon on Tuesday). Obviously we haven't gotten these changes yet but they are coming so save your Pal points.

And who knows when that'll be. I'm still waiting on my Egyptian God ultimates.

yami4ct

Baby tamas will replace the regular tamas in twinlits and tri fruit dungeon, huh?

That sure sounds like something GungHo would do. Sad, since I never got a chance to get to the level where getting Tamas from those dungeons was viable. Oh well, guess I'll be hoping to get TAMAs the old fashioned way. Pray I get lucky with the PAL and run metals a lot if they do 2x TAMAs again.

What? That better not happen. That's fucking garbage.

I can't imagine where else they would choose to implement the babies.

[JP] I actually thought it would be a good gimmick to have an increased rate to hit Great! and Super!! at the power up screen. RNG has been giving Greats! at about 1 every 3 feeds.

Edit: @cosmo were you able to S-clear the hello kitty dungeon?

On the plus side, all the time-limited special dungeons (collabs, biweekly dragons) will now grant you a TAMADRA for S-ranking them on the highest difficulty level for score attack.

wait what? there is now a rank system on the dungeons?

I thought it was introduced in 6.3 but apparently not
Anime Schoolgirl" post="424920527 said:
Starting from 6.4, scoring S rank (apparently determined per dungeon, but it's above 180000-200000 points for Lagavulin and probably the rest of the Whiskey 3-colors) can get you a Tamadra per Legendary difficulty dungeon. Once per dungeon, obviously, but damn.

You get points for:
-Average combo score (this is worth the most points)
-Using fewer turns to complete (going over par will penalize you, par is apparently 25 for Lagavulin?)
-Using less rare monsters (all-7 stars will give you a rarity score of 0)

This has gotten me to sink about 300 stamina in it before I found out the rank requirements and then welp.

Tobe

I thought it was introduced in 6.3 but apparently not

guess thats actually why there is going to be a silver rem. i think of it as low-mid tier character only fighting game tournaments. its gonna create a whole niche of exotic low tier teams.

and robin is probably gonna be the star of it.

Noirulus

So GAF, I feel like I've run into a plateau. I've got some good pieces here and there but nothing really solid to take on all sorts of descends. I've only beaten Hera so far. (I could probably beat Heroes and Goddess, though. Just haven't tried)

Here's my box: http://www.padherder.com/user/BCHero/monsters/

I feel like I have no real solid team. I'm currently working on ranking up, but man it sucks to look at a descend and then realize I don't have the right pieces to beat it.

So I guess my question is, what do I do from here?

(Man, this is like the third time I've asked this in the last 2 months lol)

Just stuck mine up.

Put mine up. Good luck.

great thanks guys. 0 for 2 so far. Boo. Dieing to my D/L Yomi on my Haku team for that extra orb movement

Got linked to this PAD/DQ/whatever the hell you want to call it game from two independent sources so maybe it is good? Currently in the Top 10 Grossing apps on JP
http://www.monster-strike.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeRg8KZlcNw

edit: actually finished watching the video, looks pretty sick, downloading now

What in the hell is going on with that combat. Looks like organized chaos

So GAF, I feel like I've run into a plateau. I've got some good pieces here and there but nothing really solid to take on all sorts of descends. I've only beaten Hera so far. (I could probably beat Heroes and Goddess, though. Just haven't tried)

I feel like I have no real solid team. I'm currently working on ranking up, but man it sucks to look at a descend and then realize I don't have the right pieces to beat it.

Looks like a pretty solid Dark team there. Lucifer with Hera / Hades gravity and heartbreakers. You got Echidna / Siren as well. You got the drawn joker and such like that.

Looks like you, same as me too, just needs to sit back and level up a ton and + egg up and skill up.

I am only worried about that from here on. They keep tempting me with all this stuff, but now that I have beaten Hera I am good to go. Now to get the 90+ million exp I need to level up everything lol.

okkay bro you have

ASTAROTH TEAM READY
astaroth lead
amon sub
dj sub
herasub
herais sub (when you get her) place another devil atm, like busty hades (you just have to busty your hades)
lead friend --> lucifer//astaroth (i have max leveled evolved astaroth if you want)

LUCIFER TEAM
lucifer lead
vampire sub
hera sub

dj//echidna(depending) sub
yomi sub
lucifer friend

UMIYAMA TEAM.. kushinada team..
valk team...

you just have to decide two teams you want to pursue...
I'd say either valk or luci team for tanky descended...
1) if you are combo-cracking you can go with kushinadahime.. terrific spike lead with an active that lets you chain menace..
menace --> on the attacking turn from mob kushinada passive --> menace//orochi's active :)
2) or you can go with an umiyama team..

umiyama sample team
umiyama
yomi (change the world will make sure you WILL get the best combo ever :p i personally avoid this active as i'm good enough, but it CAN change your world, if you're not averaging 7 combo always)..
valk
adk (busty yours it's always better)
hera//herais --> in your case i think busty vampire is better since i doubt you've skilled hera/herais
and this will rock your world :p

or there are a lot of other feasible setups for umiyama...
so i'd say that your plateu is --> start using spike team seriously :p

yami4ct

So I've been running Blade of Justice trying to get a Yellow Mystic Knight to possibly have for later. My team isn't really able to tackle the Expert level, so I've been running Int. Is the drop rate for these guys impossibly low on the middle level? Should I give up running that and try to get through expert? I think with the right strategy and luck, I could get through an Expert run, but it's not really farmable so I haven't been going for it. How has the drop rate varied between the two?

Colby

So I've been running Blade of Justice trying to get a Yellow Mystic Knight to possibly have for later. My team isn't really able to tackle the Expert level, so I've been running Int. Is the drop rate for these guys impossibly low on the middle level? Should I give up running that and try to get through expert? I think with the right strategy and luck, I could get through an Expert run, but it's not really farmable so I haven't been going for it. How has the drop rate varied between the two?
The difference is enough that you should focus on Expert. It shouldn't take more than two or three Expert runs to get a drop...maybe up to five runs if you're unlucky.

yami4ct

The difference is enough that you should focus on Expert. It shouldn't take more than two or three Expert runs to get a drop...maybe up to five runs if you're unlucky.

Alright, I'll push through Expert. I should be able to do it if I can keep my Isis combo-ing up and get a good dark friend. Worst comes to worst, I'll get my free stone out of it.

coy

UmiYama / D/L Hades / Yomi / Kushinada / Echidna
Astaroth / Hades / Hera / Drawn Joker / Amon
Raphael / Valk / Verche / Angelion / G.Odin

I don't feel your teams are the problem. Without too much deliberation, I saw these 3 teams and thought they are capable of clearing descends - I didn't even bother mentioning Lucifer. I would say you need to get both your levels up and your evolutions to their top levels. You have solid pieces and good teams already. Focus on the UmiYama team (since it includes Kushi, that's another lead you'll be leveling for additional teams) and one or both of the grind teams.

Jagernaut

Alright, I'll push through Expert. I should be able to do it if I can keep my Isis combo-ing up and get a good dark friend. Worst comes to worst, I'll get my free stone out of it.

Expert is the way to go, I made about 15 runs yesterday and got 10 mystic light knights. I need 2 more skillups to max my Verche, hopefully that will be enough.

Do me Do me!!!

http://www.padherder.com/user/IAmRandom31/monsters/

My current main teams are the mono-green, Okinunishi, Dark and Karin teams. One day I might get good enough to use Kirin and Ra effectively.

And holy hell. 14 runs of Blade of Justice and 0 knight drops .. WTF.

I've been farming Clayus Prison too trying to get a divine mask but that damn thing won't even show up either. Same with the Red masks! The RNG is really turning against me.

UmiYama / D/L Hades / Yomi / Kushinada / Echidna
Astaroth / Hades / Hera / Drawn Joker / Amon
Raphael / Valk / Verche / Angelion / G.Odin

I don't feel your teams are the problem. Without too much deliberation, I saw these 3 teams and thought they are capable of clearing descends - I didn't even bother mentioning Lucifer. I would say you need to get both your levels up and your evolutions to their top levels. You have solid pieces and good teams already. Focus on the UmiYama team (since it includes Kushi, that's another lead you'll be leveling for additional teams) and one or both of the grind teams.

as i said :p
but the raphael godin team is.. i'm not really a fan XD

Tobe

so i just had my first taste of my Dtron team

running
Dtron lv 60 with 2 awks
Haku lv 66 max awk
High dark hanzo lvl 30
Busty orochi lv 88 (that hp :D )
friend dtron lv 60 max awake

went into mystic land dragon master and blazed through everything just doing a cheap 3 combo was enough to destroy every regular mob, the guardian was just a matter of AOE (not even row bonus), got to the boss, popped haku then hanzo, poor dragon just saw a mass ball of dark energy.

Amon37

trying to get the pieces for a valk team

I have
Valk
Valk
Verche(well just a mystic white knight for now)
C&C healer

what else do I need again?

Top Bottom