• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

They don't stack though, do they?

His active skill and King Shynee's wouldn't stack, but a squad of Physical types with a King Bubblie would be strong enough since most physical types have high attack anyway. But it might be better to run a team of light types with an light orb enhance monster like Athena.

razterik

Yeah, run light ninja, AB Chuck/Hermes, Takeminakata/Thor, Bubblie. No need for RCV when everything dies and you have skill boosts.

quin

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/2200_2300m.html

The next event for Japan. A few notable things.

-Twinlits and dragon fruits in the pal machine
-1 stone and 1 tamadora a day for 7 days
-King carnival is for 24 hours(?) Twice!!!
-Tuesday, thursday and friday dungeons are getting a renewal. New floors and new monsters.
Also, every thursday will be trifruits and friday is twinlits
-there is a new dragon descended dungeon

Looking good!!!

-Tuesday, thursday and friday dungeons are getting a renewal. New floors and new monsters.

Looking good!!!

Dragon Zombie Descended, Normal Dungeon, two difficulty levels. Looks cool
zonbi.jpg

Also I guess putting Trifruits/Twinlits into PAL is one way to get people rolling the PAL machine when it's on Evo mats.

Totakeke

Not my idea, but a max skilled Super Gunma with Princess Valkitty looks like much better than TAMADRApurin. You lose one useful sub spot for 16x vs 12.25x while still having your full rcv, plus light healer vs. light physical, plus the delay vs. 2x for one turn. Still, most of us will probably never roll either. :p

Radav

Looking good!!!

Wow, will we ever see anything like this? We're so far behind Japan. What possible reason could they have for not giving us similar rewards? How do we not have those Egyptian Ultimates either. Gah... so annoying.

Nice to see that eventually we might see those twinlits show up in the PAL machine and having that dungeon show up every Friday would be nice as well.

Kreed

Wow, will we ever see anything like this? We're so far behind Japan. What possible reason could they have for not giving us similar rewards? How do we not have those Egyptian Ultimates either. Gah... so annoying.

Nice to see that eventually we might see those twinlits show up in the PAL machine and having that dungeon show up every Friday would be nice as well.

Most of that content we'll eventually get in the English versions minus the Tamadra giveaways.

It seems we're kind of back to where we starting with being SO far behind on content. There was a while last year where it was pretty close. Wonder what changed.

Limit

I have finally figured it out. In Gungho's eyes NA PAD players are 3/5ths of "real" PAD players. Can't be anything else.

Tobe

Ok i can probably 0 stone Hera if I don't orb trolled but maybe 1 stone us more realistic. Just did 3 stone run with haku/haku.

Colby

Be pro-active about asking for help for the challenge dungeons. We should try to help each other as much as we can. The lack of PAL points is kind of silly...anyway, maybe we should make a new spreadsheet that includes good subs? For example, I have a near perfect Echidna (+287, max skill/Awoken) that should help you guys.

Selner

Low level Challenge Mode = 6 Valks.

I hate the new AOE effect.

Where is the Challenge Mode again? It was posted earlier that you could see it at the bottom of the Friends list when choosing an Ally, but I don't see anything there.

Do you need to be of a particular Rank? or does it need to be unlocked some way?

I could use some free stones :)

And the AoE effect is... jarring. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I didn't really mind the old ones.

ZeroAKA

Where is the Challenge Mode again? It was posted earlier that you could see it at the bottom of the Friends list when choosing an Ally, but I don't see anything there.

Do you need to be of a particular Rank? or does it need to be unlocked some way?

I could use some free stones :)

And the AoE effect is... jarring. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I didn't really mind the old ones.
Challenge mode only appears for the Normal and Technical dungeons. After you've completed Challenge mode for a dungeon, you get a filled-in star next the "Clear!" text instead of just an outline.

I don't understand challenge mode. Do you get a stone for revisiting the dungeons again?
Yes.

Really digging this update, and I haven't even processed it all yet. A lot of new stuff. I didn't see anyone mention that friends list limit has also increased. Not sure if there's anyone else here besides me who actually maxed out the 200 friend limit.

And YES!!! I have 10 team slots! Going to be so nice to be able to have presets for all my various farm teams. Not even sure 10 will be enough until I start building the teams.

Love the Hello Kitty collab lineup. Something for everyone. Dark got its Shiva. Light and Wood got delayers. TAMADRApurin is the PERFECT solution to my ideal Twinlit farm team. It's effectively Olympios with a Skill Boost for that team. And the 2x Light skill will increase Ra's, L.Whiskey's, and TAMADRApurin's attack to 42x for 1 turn, more than making up for the loss of 35% Wrath of God. How coincidentally convenient. Now the team will have 8 Skill Boosts to guarantee Echidna is active for 3F.

low level challenge mode = Joker lead and no subs. Easiest. stones. ever.
I was gonna say Kagutsuchi, but realized not everyone has one, while a lot of players have Joker. Good call.

Mixed in with the Hello Kitty news, Gungho is changing the weekly dungeons by adding the new descend dungeons as new floors (example Friday will have Twinlits Descended every week, and Thursday will have Trifruit Descended). Gungho is also saying a new Keeper is going to be added to the Tuesday dungeons.
Nice. TAMAs went from being super hard to get, to pretty easy if you have a Twinlit farm team. I'd much rather farm Twinlits for a guaranteed TAMA or Dub-myth than farm the Expert Sprite dungeon for a 33% Dub-myth on 2x days and even lower chances on non-2x days.

Limit

Be pro-active about asking for help for the challenge dungeons. We should try to help each other as much as we can. The lack of PAL points is kind of silly...anyway, maybe we should make a new spreadsheet that includes good subs? For example, I have a near perfect Echidna (+287, max skill/Awoken) that should help you guys.

I plan on putting my Echidna up all through weekends for the next few weeks.

it's definetely something we're going to have to look into a little later. For the lower levels, you can basically faceroll through with whatever you want. Run 5x valk or a devil team with Hera.

The lack of PAL points gives me almost no motivation to put up 'good subs' instead of leads. They could have at least given 1 or 5 points everytime you get used.

Selner

Challenge mode only appears for the Normal and Technical dungeons. After you've completed Challenge mode for a dungeon, you get a filled-in star next the "Clear!" text instead of just an outline.

Yes.

However, I have not yet cleared Castle of Satan in the Abyss, which apparently is required to access Challenge Mode.

At least I am seeing online. So no challenge mode for me for a while.

EDIT: well, maybe sooner. I am almost done with Blazing Highway. Just need Faithless Temple, Twilight Woods and Castle of Satan.
Pretty sure I can do those. I just lose every so often and get frustrated :p .

bodine1231

I just tried Hera with my Valk team and got orb trolled HARD on the 2nd floor and lost. No light orbs for 3 straight turns :(

Thinking about just running my Persephone/Lucifer dark team and 2hr it while I'm at work,seems safer :/

xCobalt

I do like the new effects. Challenge mode = free stones.

I do think Valk is the premier Hera farming team.

I prefer running Kirin. I'm sure they're both fast but I like being able to survive a hit from bosses in the event I can't activate the 25x damage.

Genji

Never actually tried with Valk, but all of my Haku subs is pretty well leveled by now and I'm steamrolling through it no problem.

Running out of Hakus though, everyone seems to do challenge mode. :(

I'll stick my Haku back up in a sec.

Was really running low on stones so great timing on getting the challenge mode up for the free stones!

bodine1231

Is the challenge mode not up for Android or something? I've updated to 6.3 and exited the game and also cleared it from the cache yet I see no stars next to the dungeons and there is no Team Challenge button at the bottom of the friends list.

Also there was supposed to be Super Metals at noon for fire starter but its just regular metals :(

Jagernaut

yeah the schedule is fucked. Your regular metals are based on your ID.

And this is why GungHo should add the damn schedule to PAD itself. Relying on 3rd parties for this is just bull

3rd parties post the schedule they see by time traveling, but Gungho sometimes changes the schedule at the last minute.

Top Bottom