• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

fairlion, king shynee. echilada

And drop Verche, he's not a healer so he doesn't benefit from the x9 healer attack bonus. Also CoC Healer fills the role of Angelion/Fairlion, but if you get a Fairlion level that instead since it has much better stats.

Jinko

So GAF, I feel like I've run into a plateau. I've got some good pieces here and there but nothing really solid to take on all sorts of descends. I've only beaten Hera so far. (I could probably beat Heroes and Goddess, though. Just haven't tried)

Here's my box: http://www.padherder.com/user/BCHero/monsters/

I feel like I have no real solid team. I'm currently working on ranking up, but man it sucks to look at a descend and then realize I don't have the right pieces to beat it.

So I guess my question is, what do I do from here?

(Man, this is like the third time I've asked this in the last 2 months lol)

Yea I am in the same situation, I think its just a matter of leveling up your main teams so you can do more events in the future.

It's pretty annoying seeing all these cool events that you can't do without spending ridiculous amounts of money though :(

J0dy77

great thanks guys. 0 for 2 so far. Boo. Dieing to my D/L Yomi on my Haku team for that extra orb movement

I just did the D/L Yomi ultimate evo this afternoon after Super Metals. Had to evolve here first. I didn't realize her awakenings had two time extends. Between her and Ra/Horus you can add up to 2 seconds of extra time.

I really want the Egyptian busties so I can Test Ra's potential. Really want to see how frequently I can match 7x with the extra time.

razterik

Probably not till the upcoming weekend when a new event starts.

In JP, I finished a straight 10+ combo run of Ancient Wood on Legend with my fairly crummy Ranger/Kushi team. Only scored 55,000. Free Tamadra is so far away.

Okay I've been playing Monster Strike for like four hours and it's legit good. Definitely check it out when/if it gets translated into English.

Bonus: a monster that is basically Pervert Robin Williams
OgcUSCu.png

Limit

Okay I've been playing Monster Strike for like four hours and it's legit good. Definitely check it out when/if it gets translated into English.

I am stuck in the loop after initial install where I it says downloading something 1 of 3, giving some -1 error, and then download restarting again. Unable to try the game out on android.

saichi

7 stones for Hera-IS Legend... was a good experience to go through it. My goal is to spend 5 stones to get Hera-IS. It's better than the crap shoot with REM.

What's the deal with it?

You know how when you first started playing PAD you were all like "hell yes this is awesome" and spent an entire night just playing it? Well uhh, I did, and Monster Strike gives off that same sort of vibe.

I'm not sure what game Monster Strike is riffing off of on its gameplay side; the closest I can think of is Metal Walker. Basically your cards are represented by pucks on a rectangular field with monsters dotted about. Each turn you flick one monster in some direction and speed and anything they collide with takes damage, with well placed ricochets doing huge damage. If you collide with one of your own pucks, their Friend Combo ability activates and big numbers and explosions happen. Think of it like PAD x Pool with a little bit of shmup thrown into the mix.

Also AFAIK from rerolling for three hours the post-tutorial roll is guaranteed to be a gold egg like 95% of the time which is cool. There also seems to be a four-player co-op mode where each player controls an individual puck but I don't know if that's ad-hoc mode only or if I can do it over the internet.

Ashodin

You know how when you first started playing PAD you were all like "hell yes this is awesome" and spent an entire night just playing it? Well uhh, I did, and Monster Strike gives off that same sort of vibe.

I'm not sure what game Monster Strike is riffing off of on its gameplay side; the closest I can think of is Metal Walker. Basically your cards are represented by pucks on a rectangular field with monsters dotted about. Each turn you flick one monster in some direction and speed and anything they collide with takes damage, with well placed ricochets doing huge damage. If you collide with one of your own pucks, their Friend Combo ability activates and big numbers and explosions happen. Think of it like PAD x Pool with a little bit of shmup thrown into the mix.

Also AFAIK from rerolling for three hours the post-tutorial roll is guaranteed to be a gold egg like 95% of the time which is cool. There also seems to be a four-player co-op mode where each player controls an individual puck but I don't know if that's ad-hoc mode only or if I can do it over the internet.
WOAH

Totakeke

First of all, You will probably need 150k score to get a S.
So, how hard to get a S?
Combo:
http://i.imgur.com/Gvcj4ZP.png
The score is to the quad power of the average combo you made. You'll probably want a score of 90k~100k here to get an S (with a normal team), meaning your average combo should be above 8.2.
Turn:
http://i.imgur.com/iKp5YKT.png
You have a base score of 65k and get a 2.5k deduction each turn. On a 10-floor dungeon, maximum score you can get here is 40k, when your echidna is just ready. When your max skilled gravity is ready, you can only score 27.5k from this section. So I assume you can get ~30k from this section on a average dungeon (echidna ready + 3 turns to kill, or OSK with Chinese god skills).
Skill boost CAN earn you some score here!
Rarity
http://i.imgur.com/xI9zkkW.png
Not exact. Might be off by ~100. The power should be 4.00267-ish.
Consider this is a Mystical dungeon. On average, you team should have two to three R6 gods including the helper, one or two R7 gods from descends, and maybe one ready-to-ultimate-evolve R5 subs. That makes your Rarity score well below 20k. There are also special teams that lower the rarity just to aim at getting ~100k here for an S.
So,
With average burst team that have rarity of 35+, waiting for Echidna, enhance-rin, or orb changers (12turn+), you'll still an average combo of 8.5 to get that fricking Tamadra.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/1w9g2a/how_to_get_more_score_in_score_attack_mode/

Super low rarity tamadra farm teams go!

bodine1231

Which of these two teams would I be better off with against Zues? I'm assuming I'm looking at ~10 stones either way? My CDK is only lvl 2 and my Vamp is maxed,Echidna is lvl 2 as well.

Wanchan

Been playing it since Murai posted videos about it, fun but we're missing tons of content outside JP since multi is impossible. it's like missing all technical dungeons in PAD...the GPS-based multi ruined it for me. Anyway, my ID is 665369404 if you want to add me, i've been playing really casually so far since i'm also playing DQM super light.

Zero_IYAD

2 rolls:
Kuromi
Cinnamoroll

The dungeon is extremely easy even on Kingdom difficulty -& it actually gives great EXP!-

Anyone encountered the I&I kitties?
Do want :(

Kreed

What's the exp/stam?

Kingdom Difficulty
Exp: 23,125
Coins: 29,320
Stamina: 50

As Zero_IYAD said, the dungeon is incredibly easy. The only "danger" is the evolved slimes when they get below 30% HP they may randomly do a bounce attack that does between 9-10k depending on the slime. Otherwise all they do is change orbs (might be annoying for color combo teams vs mono/spike type teams), with the final boss actually creating heart orbs at random. So if you're looking for a quick rank up and aren't that far in the game yet this dungeon is perfect.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Valk team is really easy for Hello Kitty. XP is nice, but it's only about 450-470/stam. That's no better than something like OoH or Starlight dungeons.

bodine1231

Does anyone have a high level Zeus that I can use please? I keep a Rose Valk/Horus up usually if you want to keep me as a friend.

Lucy/Hera-Ur destroyed Legend. Super easy and nice XP. Got the I&I twins, looks decent enough

Rolled 85 stones on kitty REM, pretty disappointing, no purin and no valkitty, got everything else though.

is there really anything thats worth rolling that many times for??

Kreed

Valk team is really easy for Hello Kitty. XP is nice, but it's only about 450-470/stam. That's no better than something like OoH or Starlight dungeons.

It's definitely more for people who can't run the harder dungeons consistently and are looking for a nice XP boost. The drops aren't that great either unless you have the fruit dragons or Idunn and Idunna.

Is the water Valkyrie a decent roll?

Valkyrie is a great lead/sub regardless of color, but the only issues with Blue Valkyrie is that there is already a heart -> blue orb maker in Siegfried, and she doesn't match as well with King Shynee as Yellow Valkyrie. Otherwise hold on to it, at the very least you might get a lot of pal points from people wanting to use the blue one.

Kreed

Soooo....What am I looking at?

In the Japanese version they've added an scoring system to the game. If you can get an S score, you get a free Tamadra. Scores are based on combos, number of turns, and how rare your monsters are (the less rare the better).

linsivvi

The last one was for the Kitty collab so we obviously won't get it this time.

This one is the for the Ancient Wood Dragon:

wpid-1390806339337.jpg

I don't have Kushinadahime. I guess Robin could do as well?

Jinko

I duno why they don't add a rare drop/encounter monster for skill ups, they definitely need a better way of skilling up.

Totakeke

The dungeon only has 3 colors + heal orbs. It's not as crazy as it sounds.

Well then it should be pretty easy. If you can combo that much each turn which also means you should be clearing each stage fairly quickly, S rank should be easily achievable. You only need like 150k to get S rank and he has more than enough points there so you could use higher rarity teams.

Top Bottom