• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Got another Tamadra... No clue where to use the darn egg...

Valk is awoken 2
the rest of the heart breakers do not have one (CHU CHU is not evo'd enough to gain an awakening either)
I have 1 awakening on D/D Hades,
None on Dark Neptune or Dark Minerva

Other notables that are ready to awaken
Persephone
Luci (lol)
Ra
Loki,
artemis
Sasuke
Raphael (lol)

Nothing else that is not farmable.

Nope it's terrible and Horus was completely screwed in terms of awakening skills.

wah. He's completely boss otherwise those. haha

Seems they gimped the 'awesome' monster via awakening. Lucy, Ra, Horus...all have shit awakening skills I won't be bothering with.

Musan

Got really lucky, and got three tamadra drops in a row in three metal dragon runs. Decided to put it all in Haku, since I run that time for descends most often.

Next for me will be Loki most likely, then Idunna and Blue Odin next. I'm thinking of how the combine them with Satan for weird enhanced blue and dark attack gimmick teams, should be fun.

JWong

Banned
Got really lucky, and got three tamadra drops in a row in three metal dragon runs. Decided to put it all in Haku, since I run that time for descends most often.

Next for me will be Loki most likely, then Idunna and Blue Odin next. I'm thinking of how the combine them with Satan for weird enhanced blue and dark attack gimmick teams, should be fun.

Chinese gods have strong awakenings.. except Kirin for some reason doesn't have three + orb skill.

coy

Chinese gods have strong awakenings.. except Kirin for some reason doesn't have three + orb skill.

Wow the OPness of Kirin with similar awakenings would be something to see! Though, who'd be odd orb out?. As it stands, I am patiently waiting to awaken Byakko (after Odin).

Colby

Horus is obviously better than the 3.5x Chinese gods. But how do they compare when you factor in the triple orb enhancement chance? Are there any concrete numbers floating around? I'm kind of hoping for an excuse to level up Karin.

i have a fully awoken echidna.

my starter fire is almost level 99 now. only 36k exp to go. im wondering if i should focus on my himura, or titan to evolv right now? my gigas is at level 31 and i got everything for its evo plus it's max skilled. my knight is level 47 and im missing its fire mythlit to evolve it. what would you guys do?

Ducarmel

i have a fully awoken echidna.

my starter fire is almost level 99 now. only 36k exp to go. im wondering if i should focus on my himura, or titan to evolv right now? my gigas is at level 31 and i got everything for its evo plus it's max skilled. my knight is level 47 and im missing its fire mythlit to evolve it. what would you guys do?

I would not evo gigas (max him out if you want) because mono-fire teams already have crappy rcv and red giant comes with a -500 rcv. So I would focus on Homura.

Colby

Unevolved Gigas is great for fire teams that need RCV and for dungeons that need 10 cost or less. Evolved Gigas gets Awoken Skills, a huge HP stat, and is vital to Goemon teams. Ideally, you'd have at least one of both. Either one is good.

razterik

For where your mono red is right now, I would hold off on evolving Gigas, but maxing him out is a good idea just for his HP and ATK. Homura has relatively weaker stat gains in comparison.

My kingdom for a yellow dublit. Damn game knows I need one badly. Instead, I get a bunch of these:

MGCkkECl.jpg

Unevolved Gigas is great for fire teams that need RCV and for dungeons that need 10 cost or less. Evolved Gigas gets Awoken Skills, a huge HP stat, and is vital to Goemon teams. Ideally, you'd have at least one of both. Either one is good.
pumping recovery eggs into gigas would get rid of his weakness, right?

razterik

Not a weakness for Goemon teams which want low/negative RCV so don't do that. There are better places to put eggs than Gigas anyway.

razterik

Echidna is a good choice to give + eggs since she ends up on so many teams. She just doesn't lead anything, so having eggs there won't benefit your friends and won't help you earn PAL points. Don't worry about maxing her level for a while; her stats/exp ratio is terrible beyond about 50. I only maxed mine since she sits on my Valkyrie team and every bit of HP counts there.

Echidna is a good choice to give + eggs since she ends up on so many teams. She just doesn't lead anything, so having eggs there won't benefit your friends and won't help you earn PAL points. Don't worry about maxing her level for a while; her stats/exp ratio is terrible beyond about 50. I only maxed mine since she sits on my Valkyrie team and every bit of HP counts there.
Well I've got a valk now as well, so I'm building her up in anticipation for that. What's your call team like?

razterik

You mean my Valkyrie team? Generally it's Valk/Valk/Echidna/Siren/King Shynee/Valk. Siren is due to be replaced by Angelion as soon as they roll out his healer type update. My second Valk is occasionally replaced by Cosmos Venus depending on what I need. I have max or near max levels and a bunch of + eggs here since this team has been my focus for a couple months.

Musan

Horus is obviously better than the 3.5x Chinese gods. But how do they compare when you factor in the triple orb enhancement chance? Are there any concrete numbers floating around? I'm kind of hoping for an excuse to level up Karin.

I wouldn't say Horus is outright better than the 3.5x Chinese Gods. I know I can clear SS King of Gods and most if not all descends with my Haku team, where I know Horus teams start having trouble around Zeus-Dios and Satan due to not enough burst damage, although they can pair up with ra to alleviate that problem.

Horus teams do provide better damage consistency from turn to turn, and subs for horus teams are relatively easy to get. The best subs for the 3.5x Chinese Gods are usually REM based, usually Norse Gods to maximize burst damage.

raiot

Special daily dungeons = Keeper, Masks, Dragon Plants, Mythlits...

BUUUUUUUUT... the REAL interesting thing is:
Weekend dungeon = 1/2 Stamina.
And when you check the XP/Stam Ratio for Weekend Dungeon Master: 407 XP/1 Stam

->

814 XP / Stam for Master. This is INSANE! Bring in the Rank ups! :D

J0dy77

I wouldn't say Horus is outright better than the 3.5x Chinese Gods. I know I can clear SS King of Gods and most if not all descends with my Haku team, where I know Horus teams start having trouble around Zeus-Dios and Satan due to not enough burst damage, although they can pair up with ra to alleviate that problem.

Horus teams do provide better damage consistency from turn to turn, and subs for horus teams are relatively easy to get. The best subs for the 3.5x Chinese Gods are usually REM based, usually Norse Gods to maximize burst damage.

Well that depends on the Chinese god youre talking about. The best Byakko team is 100% farmable (Hera-Ur, Hera-IS, Seigfried, echidna. You could even drop in vamp, Fenrir or rgg if you wanted). I'm not sure about the other Chinese gods but Kirin teams are all farmable as well.

dat gold!!

Yeah I'll be stocking up here. That's a ton of gold and exp.

J0dy77

->

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing. I will dump a few stones on this. I've always hovered around 2-3 million gold but lately I'm starting to drop around 1.5. This will be a nice bump. Plus the levels should coming pouring in.

linsivvi

->

Arghh of course. Brain fart.

Got all excited about nothing. :(

Hey Zues-Dios!

I think I can run that now.

I have a decent Satan team, a Ra team, Goemon ( missing a second RGG though so sub in satan), and a Luci team

Any recommendations for his dungeon?

Jagernaut

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
3 hours ago · Edited
*All Hallows Haunt*
[Duration]: 10/21 (Mon), midnight - 11/1 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Our extra-long Halloween event dominates the rest of October with devilishly fun, tricky Dungeons descending in the world of P&D! Whether you’re a novice or an expert, there is something for everyone to enjoy this time around - including (a total of) 12 FREE MAGIC STONES!!!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
1 Free Magic Stone [10/21 4:00 AM - 11/2 3:59 AM]
※Magic Stone will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② New Dungeon Bonus
[Duration]: 10/21 (Mon), midnight - 11/1 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)
1.5x drop rate in the Normal Dungeons

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
10/21 - Dragon Guardian
10/22 - Blade of Justice
10/24 - The Thief Descended!
10/25 - Scarlet Snake Princess
10/26 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
10/27 - Zeus Descended!
10/29 - Sword of Flames
10/30 - 11/1 - Lightless Devils’ Nest
10/31 - Heroes Descended
11/1 - Satan Descended!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from the Pengdra Village and Super King Dragons - (including invasions from TWO of the Jeweled Super Kings)]
2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
½ Stamina cost for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon (means twice as many runs!)
2x Skill Up rate

[Even more exciting info is on the way!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Zeus Dios and Satan are the only Descends I haven't beaten yet and last time I did not have Lucifer, Byakko, and Valkyrie. I have to research some good teams for those 2 dungeons.

razterik

Dios is like the hardest thing in the US version right now. You basically have to sweep through most of it and heal along the way. Not recommended unless you have a maxed out team and/or stones to drop.

Nice event, although it'd be nice to have a new dungeon in there somewhere. Going to abuse OoH all week long and then hit up weekend. Maybe try my hand at farming mythical Goemon with mono blue, but not sure if they can cut it quite yet. Should pick up some extra Satans for awakening, but I still haven't really gotten to my first one, so probably going to wait on it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm going to run my Asty build I think. I'll need a partner with a high level Asty (Ashodin stop slacking). I can get somewhere between 65-70k HP with around 11k heal per 3. That MAY be able to do it. We'll see...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Zeus dios looked a lot harder than it was. Horus/Horus zero stoned it for me. Having him weak to fire really helps with 3 red mobs.

That's a good point.

I COULD Kirin it (or Horus, although my Horus is severely under-leveled) and go burst. But it just seems like a lot of burst to pump out in the dungeon. What did your Horus team look like? I may focus on getting Horus ready if that's the smart move.

Top Bottom