• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I have not been able to 0 stone clear this fucking Zeus dungeon yet, in exactly all of my runs ever in that place I've gotten a 8+ cascade to wipe the mask floor which means that to kill Zeus it'll cost me at least one stone. It's so fucking irritating.

linsivvi

Well then it should be pretty easy. If you can combo that much each turn which also means you should be clearing each stage fairly quickly, S rank should be easily achievable. You only need like 150k to get S rank and he has more than enough points there so you could use higher rarity teams.

Yeah, if Robin works then I have everything in that team except Rowdy Goblin, which will be useful against Tengu too, so it's time to get one.

Selner

I'm not sure what game Monster Strike is riffing off of on its gameplay side; the closest I can think of is Metal Walker. Basically your cards are represented by pucks on a rectangular field with monsters dotted about. Each turn you flick one monster in some direction and speed and anything they collide with takes damage, with well placed ricochets doing huge damage. If you collide with one of your own pucks, their Friend Combo ability activates and big numbers and explosions happen. Think of it like PAD x Pool with a little bit of shmup thrown into the mix.

That sounds a little bit like the Dungeons and Dragons game. The Mobage Arena of War game.

I played it a little bit ago, and it's got the leveling and fusing thing if I recall correctly. And you fight by flicking your cards/character and they pinball around the screen. I played it a little bit, but it didn't hook me. Something about loading times I think.

Back to PAD...
I am enjoying Hello Kitty so far. I picked up a couple of the slimes (green, yellow, red) in the 2nd dungeon (not enough stamina for the third). I don't have any dual-color monsters, so if i can get them evolved they'll be my first dual-colors, woo.

Althane

Trying to think of what to do for the Hello Kitty - Master dungeon. On one hand, it doens't seem that bad, on the other, if the attack timers hit at the wrong time, or I get orb-trolled, my monored team will get torn to shreds.

I'm not sure I'm ready for a Master level dungeon yet, but... I like killing the cute things...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I mean, a lot of us are at the point in the game where we don't need to roll monsters to build new teams around. Purin does something, just not anything that my current teams need.

I was being facetious. :p

Hello Kitty mobs are cool and situational, but none of them are game changing for end-game players.

Ducarmel

Trying to think of what to do for the Hello Kitty - Master dungeon. On one hand, it doens't seem that bad, on the other, if the attack timers hit at the wrong time, or I get orb-trolled, my monored team will get torn to shreds.

I'm not sure I'm ready for a Master level dungeon yet, but... I like killing the cute things...

Assuming Kittyn & Mimmyna does not invade in your run, I think for your Ame team you just need to stall on the first 2 floors for Echidna, menace on floor 3 and kill them all with mass attack and combos, and then it should be safe enough to finish, stall for skills and unload them on the boss.

I just did it with Ame/Ares, but my team is high leveled so I just played it normally.

Assuming Kittyn & Mimmyna does not invade in your run, I think for your Ame team you just need to stall on the first 2 floors for Echidna, menace on floor 3 and kill them all with mass attack and combos, and then it should be safe enough to finish, stall for skills and unload them on the boss.

I just did it with Ame/Ares, but my team is high leveled so I just played it normally.

They invaded my run...didn't know it was a good drop. Useful?

bodine1231

Do you still need a Zeus? If you do, I'll make space for you and put up my Zeus Olympios.

Static@GAF

Thanks for that but one of my other friends put theirs up for me. Took me 12 stones but I got him,messed up on the masks and got orb screwed a couple times so should have been around 9. Zues only took me 3 stones,it was those damn horsies that took me 8 stones to plow through.

Ducarmel

They invaded my run...didn't know it was a good drop. Useful?

If you don't have Cu Chu she might be an o.k balanced team lead but you would need to have a team of all water balanced type to use her active skill to full potential.

If you don't have Idunn&Idunna she is a good replacement for mono blue teams.

So just a trophy.

Totakeke

I went in on master on my rank 55 alt account using a haku team and I have to say stalling in here is extremely hard with the constant orb changes. :p Still managed to clear it though, wasn't that hard. I could pretty much run this endlessly at this rank. I wish I had a fruit dragon now.

Totakeke

Did master got i&i and pretty much everything. Easy dungeon even for haku/haku

Well my alt is a unevolved haku team with less than 9k hp, and it just died on the 2nd run. If you have a built up team of whatevers that can tackle descends all these are easy.

Kreed

Well my alt is a unevolved haku team with less than 9k hp, and it just died on the 2nd run. If you have a built up team of whatevers that can tackle descends all these are easy.

Try a mono colored team with an x2 HP multiplier if you're having trouble.

seady

Seems Pierdra Maru is pretty good for restricted dungeon? 3x attack for 5 combos and can mix with any type of monsters.

Althane

No invade, ran it with a Red Noel instead of an Ares. Meant my hits were less powerful, but I had plenty of HP and RCV to run it.

Because of the boosted HP, I just tanked everything.

Now the question is, can I do Mythical with that? The final boss isn't that scary... it's getting to it that'll be a pain.

Kitty Kingdom is really easy to Valk/Valk,

Mystic Light dragon on the other hand...

It's bind is what is killer.

Took in a Freyr/Ares team with a persephone (mainly to up the RCV and occasional dark orb turns). Pretty easy up to the boss.

Boss is a pain, got it down to about 15% and then it bound Ares, Bound Ares meant that my HP was under his move. I stoned because my Goemon had just popped up and I knew that skill would kill it. Pain in the rear, hopefully it will not be as difficult as the mystic land dragon.

Sadly can't just go in with Luci/Luci, and no one puts up Raphael.

linsivvi

2 days straight of super metal for fire starters, I don't have much stamina left to run these dungeons.

Not that I'm complaining.

ccbfan

Kitty Kingdom is really easy to Valk/Valk,

Mystic Light dragon on the other hand...

It's bind is what is killer.

Took in a Freyr/Ares team with a persephone (mainly to up the RCV and occasional dark orb turns). Pretty easy up to the boss.

Boss is a pain, got it down to about 15% and then it bound Ares, Bound Ares meant that my HP was under his move. I stoned because my Goemon had just popped up and I knew that skill would kill it. Pain in the rear, hopefully it will not be as difficult as the mystic land dragon.

Sadly can't just go in with Luci/Luci, and no one puts up Raphael.

Mystic light is really easy with

Any light def (Light Neptune Best)

Enchilada
Some 50% Def char (I had a Max skilled fire golem)
Poison(If you didn't use light neptune for res)
Gravity

Best Amu you can find, hopefully max awoken.

Takes forever but nothing can kill you. Enchilada and Golem is for when light def gets bind.

What's your ID on monster strike? for some reason i see your friend invite but i can't do anything, there's no menu to accept, weird.

Not sure if i'll pull the Hello Kitty Machine, i see nothing useful for my teams.

Maybe this would explain why I have yet to get any friends despite having the apparently most OP starter in the game.

Kreed

No invade, ran it with a Red Noel instead of an Ares. Meant my hits were less powerful, but I had plenty of HP and RCV to run it.

Because of the boosted HP, I just tanked everything.

Now the question is, can I do Mythical with that? The final boss isn't that scary... it's getting to it that'll be a pain.

You should be fine if you have more than 11-12k HP. If you have more than 20K you can just run the dungeon on auto pilot.

Hey guys, anyone running zeus descended today to farm for skillups? What kind of team are you guys using?

I've not been having much success with either zeus or goemon, but part of the reason is that i fail at stalling and overkill. What teams have you guys had success with?

Flambe

ugh on Zeus with Kirin team but cascade killed masks. Still 9 turns left for kirin gravities, should I bother using stones if I die or push through. I don't mind spending stones for Zeus but dunno how many I might have to spend without gravities and will be 3 turns on zeus before echidna is up.

Jagernaut

Hey guys, anyone running zeus descended today to farm for skillups? What kind of team are you guys using?

I've not been having much success with either zeus or goemon, but part of the reason is that i fail at stalling and overkill. What teams have you guys had success with?

I'm not running it today but this Haku team does really well on Zeus:

Haku
Echidna
Orochi
Hera-Is
Hera
Haku

linsivvi

To those who are interested in playing the JP version but have a rooted Android phone, PAD has recently launched in Taiwan and Hong Kong, which is exactly the same as the JP version (the game is in Japanese still) and even share the same server, but reportedly does not have root detection.

asta aka easy mode zeus :p
no god in my team and going with a cheap
asta//asta
hera-is (max)
hera (max)
echidna (6 skilled, lvl 43 lvl)
dj (5/7 skill, lvl 58)

i've almost killed the chimeras on fllor 4 and 0 stone easily so far :p

asta aka easy mode zeus :p
no god in my team and going with a cheap
asta//asta
hera-is (max)
hera (max)
echidna (6 skilled, lvl 43 lvl)
dj (5/7 skill, lvl 58)

i've almost killed the chimeras on fllor 4 and 0 stone easily so far :p
You haven't even reached Zeus yet, but you're already calling the team easy-mode? I wish you the best and hope you're successful, but with that team 1F-4F should be easy. Zeus is the only real test.

edit: heh. Congrats! So was it "easy mode?" How many turns did you need to survive Zeus?

0 stoned :)
zeus was easy...
even in the UNLIKELY event that he was willing to throw me 2-4 supernova (that i can tank mind you, i have 54k hp...)..
1) first supernova... i survive..
2) if the board has enough heart (6) with 2x heart combo and 4-5 more combo i heal to 47-48k again easily..
3) if i get another supernova..
4) dj dark-->heart.. AND redo step 2..
if dj is down i can throw echidna and get 4 stall turns..
my team only gods are the two heras and most of my steady damage comes from astaroth's counter..
so.. long? yeah
hard? nope :)
i had to just try and have the two heras and 1x astaroth up whhen he reach 20%..
then simply gravity, gravity coutner..
if he do a double supernova he almost kills himself lal :p

edit: heh. Congrats! So was it "easy mode?" How many turns did you need to survive Zeus?

surviving ain't real an issue..
I ran a LOT of descended with monored 2hp/4atk/2rcv (lacking rcv since monored rcv is always lacking but compensating with 2x on rcv)
so going with a 4x on rcv and my team with HIGH rcv makes me just feel ezMode..
i can heal 30-35k like nothing.. 45k is more then doable..
took quite some turns but nothing too extreme..
if we ever get astaroth skillup it would be a lot better..
personally since i was unsure (my first zeus run ever) i preferred to run with dj rather than the red archdevil... and it was the correct choice since dj let me do some extreme healing on demand as a secondary cooldown :)
i loose a bit more time, but really, i've downed hera and hera-is with a resist team on my first run of these two descended, so i've learnt patience..
anyway took around 40mins top (the whole thing), and that's not too much considering i never left a floor without full cd :p
had to stomach i think 3 novas simply because i timed badly the heras, but then again nothing too extreme..
first nova (with counter up) used dj
second nova (counter up)
active menace used
full hp
ri-counter up before menace end
third nova counter --> boom :p

Cool. Congrats. Zeus is a beast and great addition to your toolbox. Yeah, Echidna + DJ really increases survivability. Especially since neither of them nor the Asties get bound by Zeus. It's still not guaranteed if you get Heart orb trolled, but since you're good at comboing, you obviously had no problem clearing out garbage orbs every turn.

I've run Zeus a few times now with different teams, and Dual Lucis are still the most consistent team imo. Haku is obviously faster, but it's not a guaranteed victory, especially if your Haku activations leave the board light on Dark orbs and you don't get help with the orbs that drop.

It's a lot slower, but this team is pretty much a guaranteed victory:

Lucifer
Zeus
Zeus
Hera
Echidna
Lucifer

You can mix and match any versions of Zeus and Hera, but the important part is having two 35% and one 30% gravities. Obviously having a Dark Zeus or Zaerog will give you more HP, but actually less RCV unless they have +RCV stats. It basically plays the same as dual Asties, but Zeus dies in only 2 turns. 1st turn activate all gravities, Menace, and one Morning Star. Make a Heart match to heal a bit. 2nd turn kill Zeus with your second Morning Star.

Don't have a lucifer or a haku, which sucks because they seem to be the basis for most zeus farm teams. I am experimenting with satan teams, but I lack the orb changers to really make him work. I either stall out on round 4 or fail to kill zeus round 5.

Top Bottom