• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Now that we have awakenings, GOdin/Amaterasu teams also work for Zeus.

I have a max lvl max awoken godin but i dont really want to grind it out for hours, especially since I am trying to farm zeus for skill ups. I am getting a bit closer to a stable team though, it seems like satan/vamp/king baddie/cerebus/wicked lady/satan will work if i get somewhat lucky with the orb drops. I can probably make it more stable if i had a persephone instead of wicked lady, skilled up king bubblie, and a dark blue vamp instead of the blue dark one. Also, i need to calculate damage better so i dont over kill the masks on round 2.

Now that i know how to go for each floor i'm doing a new run..
Start time 12:43, Now i'm starting floor 5..
Might go a bit faster than 40 mins this time!

J0dy77

Don't have a lucifer or a haku, which sucks because they seem to be the basis for most zeus farm teams. I am experimenting with satan teams, but I lack the orb changers to really make him work. I either stall out on round 4 or fail to kill zeus round 5.

I was waiting for a level up today but I'm going to try and Queen Hera farm team. With a big Barrie I should be ae to one shot Zeus and hopefully I can stall on the chimeras round 1 if I can control damage.

As for the Hello kitty drops, any of them worth keeping. Looks like a lot of fruit dragon skillups that we don't have yet. The dj looks pretty terrible.

Jagernaut

I was waiting for a level up today but I'm going to try and Queen Hera farm team. With a big Barrie I should be ae to one shot Zeus and hopefully I can stall on the chimeras round 1 if I can control damage.

As for the Hello kitty drops, any of them worth keeping. Looks like a lot of fruit dragon skillups that we don't have yet. The dj looks pretty terrible.

The rare invade is a decent substitute for I&I, that's it.

Jagernaut

Wait, what team?

I'm not looking for skill ups just max awokenings so I can Ult Evo it.

Amaterasu - max awakened, over 1011 rcv
2 gravities
Lucifer
Nuke dragon
Odin - max awakened

You need a Lucifer sub or something to help take out one chimera immediately. When you get to Zeus, you can't be killed until Zeus does his big attack below 20% hp.

Voting for Survey Dungeon 7 is now open; new candidates since last time are:
all chasers (Chinese Gods + L.Meta)
all pirates (Chiyome, Umiyama, Kushinada, Kotaro, Ookuninushi)
Fey series
Japanese beasts (other ninjas)

How to vote:
Tweet the name of the monster you want (in Japanese) and the hashtag #パズドラアンケート to Murako's account @pad_sexy. Usual stipulations apply with cheating and voting only once, etc.

List of all candidates:
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140128_anke.html

xCobalt

Fey series

How to vote:
Tweet the name of the monster you want (in Japanese) and the hashtag #パズドラアンケート to Murako's account @pad_sexy. Usual stipulations apply with cheating and voting only once, etc.

List of all candidates:

Does the list have any collab monsters? I really want ECO Dumpty so I can skill up loki.

Totakeke

Fey series

How to vote:

List of all candidates:

The only correct answer is king slimes, benefits everyone. Forget about skill up monsters.

Does the list have any collab monsters? I really want ECO Dumpty so I can skill up loki.

Nope, only things available in the "base" game.

I got my twitter client doing search on the keywords (but not collecting them cause I don't know how to do a twitter bot) and a few trends are already present:
- now that all Chasers are up for voting, votes are being split between them with Purple Chaser (Haku) having a slight lead
- the Pirates are also having split votes
- Hamahime, who skills up Hanzo, has a slight mode
- King Shynee is also a contender
- rip Mystic Ice Knight

Genji

Long day at work, so decided to play some PAD to relax. Ended up attempting Zeus and wiping the masks on stage 2 during the first turn, leading to a horrible death on stage 4. Next time I'll get a nap in before trying a new dungeon :)

Haku chaser or red chaser.

Followed by king slimes, though I can think of another way they would do slime dungeon.

King slimes would not drop evolved, but 1 level would always drop a random king dragon (going from metal to gold, equal rarity). Vastly prefer dropping evo'd BUT I could definitely get behind that option.

Still prefer Haku skill up though.

Totakeke

Haku chaser or red chaser.

Followed by king slimes, though I can think of another way they would do slime dungeon.

King slimes would not drop evolved, but 1 level would always drop a random king dragon (going from metal to gold, equal rarity). Vastly prefer dropping evo'd BUT I could definitely get behind that option.

Still prefer Haku skill up though.

100% drop rate for kings on a survey dungeon? Sounds too good man.

Musan

I would go red or dark chaser, at least hanahime can be farmed in tengu at a 30% drop. I'm almost done with my King shynee, so that doesn't really appeal to me either.

100% drop rate for kings on a survey dungeon? Sounds too good man.

ok king and two smalls. guaranteed spawn but not drop. if all King slimes are in the same dungeon then randomize the color.

i just don't see them having the kings drop fully evolved. same with the chasers, Pretty sure they will not drop fully evolved for skill ups.

doesn't stop me from wanting Haku skill ups.

xCobalt

It seems like ever since the update, we haven't been able to see what the jewel dragons for the next day are. Not sure whether to save my stamina or spend it :(

Hmm ... All this talk about Chasers made me realize that Hello Kitty may be a good alternative to Flame Chaser. 4x ATK/RCV for Fire monsters instead of 4x ATK/HP for Physical. Fire already has decent HP but RCV was always a problem. I wonder if Hello Kitty would be better or worse than Flame Chaser for Tengu. Or you can combine them for 2/4/2 Physical. Hello Kitty would only get 1/2/2 though. But it might be a better balance of multipliers.

In fact, like the Batman collab, this Hello Kitty collab seems full of good monsters for low cost dungeons. Dual TAMADRApurin gives 12.25x ATK for only 10 cost. That qualifies for both Tengu and Draggie dungeons. Who cares about HP/RCV if you're stomping on everything. I'm considering pulling for a second Purin to keep unevolved.

JP 6.4.1 out now; fixes the timezone bug and some iCloud backup bug.

Also there is a scarily non-negligible number of people voting for Failio on the Twitter survey.

Tobe

Hmm ... All this talk about Chasers made me realize that Hello Kitty may be a good alternative to Flame Chaser. 4x ATK/RCV for Fire monsters instead of 4x ATK/HP for Physical. Fire already has decent HP but RCV was always a problem. I wonder if Hello Kitty would be better or worse than Flame Chaser for Tengu. Or you can combine them for 2/4/2 Physical. Hello Kitty would only get 1/2/2 though. But it might be a better balance of multipliers.

In fact, like the Batman collab, this Hello Kitty collab seems full of good monsters for low cost dungeons. Dual TAMADRApurin gives 12.25x ATK for only 10 cost. That qualifies for both Tengu and Draggie dungeons. Who cares about HP/RCV if you're stomping on everything. I'm considering pulling for a second Purin to keep unevolved.

shit with that you might aswell just sub in attackers with 1000+ atk. easy stomping

Totakeke

Some of us don't have Fairlio though.

I could think of plenty other mobs to just get one copy of... while skilling up at the same time. The standard ~15% survey dungeon drop rate for fairlion would be pretty crappy for skilling him up considering the other options available.

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Ahhh man, my phone froze and crapped up mid-update and now whenever I try to enter the game, it just seems to update over and over and I cannot play anymore. I'm thinking of making a backup (iPhone) and then deleting and re-installing the app, would anyone be able to tell me which files I need to make a copy of in iFunBox in order to do this? Losing my account now would be rather upsetting to say the least. :c

Noirulus

I did it, I fucked up Zeus! Took 6 stones, but so worth it. (Thank you free challenge mode stones!)

I used:

56 Lucifer (+22)
53 Awoken hera
53 Siren max skilled
61 Underlord Hades
RK
Max Lucifer (+144) [Thank you suko@GAF for the beast lucifer!]

iAGSKuG.png

Also, thanks for the advice on team building guys.

okkay bro you have

ASTAROTH TEAM READY
astaroth lead
amon sub
dj sub
herasub
herais sub (when you get her) place another devil atm, like busty hades (you just have to busty your hades)
lead friend --> lucifer//astaroth (i have max leveled evolved astaroth if you want)

LUCIFER TEAM
lucifer lead
vampire sub
hera sub

dj//echidna(depending) sub
yomi sub
lucifer friend

UMIYAMA TEAM.. kushinada team..
valk team...

you just have to decide two teams you want to pursue...
I'd say either valk or luci team for tanky descended...
1) if you are combo-cracking you can go with kushinadahime.. terrific spike lead with an active that lets you chain menace..
menace --> on the attacking turn from mob kushinada passive --> menace//orochi's active :)
2) or you can go with an umiyama team..

umiyama sample team
umiyama
yomi (change the world will make sure you WILL get the best combo ever :p i personally avoid this active as i'm good enough, but it CAN change your world, if you're not averaging 7 combo always)..
valk
adk (busty yours it's always better)
hera//herais --> in your case i think busty vampire is better since i doubt you've skilled hera/herais
and this will rock your world :p

or there are a lot of other feasible setups for umiyama...
so i'd say that your plateu is --> start using spike team seriously :p

Looks like I'm gonna need to do a lot of ranking up to be able to field some of those setups. And yeah, I should start focusing on building a good spike team, I've been keeping my spike setup on the down low because I'm not great at activating UmiYama, and Kushinada is not really useful for descends unless they're orb restricted or you can make 7+ combos consistently every turn.

UmiYama / D/L Hades / Yomi / Kushinada / Echidna
Astaroth / Hades / Hera / Drawn Joker / Amon
Raphael / Valk / Verche / Angelion / G.Odin

I don't feel your teams are the problem. Without too much deliberation, I saw these 3 teams and thought they are capable of clearing descends - I didn't even bother mentioning Lucifer. I would say you need to get both your levels up and your evolutions to their top levels. You have solid pieces and good teams already. Focus on the UmiYama team (since it includes Kushi, that's another lead you'll be leveling for additional teams) and one or both of the grind teams.

I hadn't considered my Asty team viable but I might have to start leveling up Amon/DJ and maybe even get another Hera to see how it'll work.

I did it, I fucked up Zeus! Took 6 stones, but so worth it. (Thank you free challenge mode stones!)

I used:

56 Lucifer (+22)
53 Awoken hera
53 Siren max skilled
61 Underlord Hades
RK
Max Lucifer (+144) [Thank you suko@GAF for the beast lucifer!]

I hadn't considered my Asty team viable but I might have to start leveling up Amon/DJ and maybe even get another Hera to see how it'll work.

I did a 0 stone zeus with
max lvl asta (non skilled)
max level hera (non skilled)
max level hera-is (non skilled)
drawn joker 57 (5/7)
echidna 47ish (4-5 skill i can'0t remember)
max level asta friend

so yeah i'd say pretty viable..
your setup can be
max level asta
hera
hades as second gravity
echidna
then.. if you don't need another defensive cd, go with vampire, else go with dj
max level asta friend

if only there was a delay with devil type..
so i'd go with echidna.. you have one more "color", can be skilled, more rcv is always welcome :p
but if you really think you can go without, use dj instead of echidna and use in the fourth slot another devil stat stick or another counter..
but keep in mind that if we get the skillup dungeon, then you get 100% coverage counter with just 2 counter (asta&asta)

linsivvi

I could think of plenty other mobs to just get one copy of... while skilling up at the same time. The standard ~15% survey dungeon drop rate for fairlion would be pretty crappy for skilling him up considering the other options available.

Yes, what I mean is a lot of people who voted for it probably wasn't thinking of skill up, but to get a copy of the monster. Those people probably run Valk as their main team.

Ahhh man, my phone froze and crapped up mid-update and now whenever I try to enter the game, it just seems to update over and over and I cannot play anymore. I'm thinking of making a backup (iPhone) and then deleting and re-installing the app, would anyone be able to tell me which files I need to make a copy of in iFunBox in order to do this? Losing my account now would be rather upsetting to say the least. :c
data048.bin is the most important file to back up as it contains your login credentials. data056.bin used to contain monster book info but recently much of that has been moved serverside.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fingers are crossed - my new phone arrives today. I'll be doing the data transfer to Android sometime between now and 6 PM. Going to backup my data files so that if something does shit out, I am not entirely screwed...

Zero_IYAD

Fingers are crossed - my new phone arrives today. I'll be doing the data transfer to Android sometime between now and 6 PM. Going to backup my data files so that if something does shit out, I am not entirely screwed...
Congrats on the new device : )
Don't worry, just follow the steps they posted on the official fb page & everything'll go smoothly.
Also take a screenshot of your ID #, Secret Code & Device Change Code.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Congrats on the new device : )
Don't worry, just follow the steps they posted on the official fb page & everything'll go smoothly.
Also take a screenshot of your ID #, Secret Code & Device Change Code.

I actually printed those steps out already, ha. BUT! I didn't think to screenshot the device change code. Smart.

Zero_IYAD

I actually printed those steps out already, ha. BUT! I didn't think to screenshot the device change code. Smart.
When my S3 died on me & I couldn't trigger data migration, the only thing that saved me & made them give me back my account were screenshots of the codes ^^"

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
When my S3 died on me & I couldn't trigger data migration, the only thing that saved me & made them give me back my account were screenshots of the codes ^^"

Oh wow, smart! Well I'll be taking screenies of everything when my Nexus 5 comes in. Looking forward to adjusting to a new world of PAD, hahaha.

Limit

Is anyone running Challenge dungeons today? I can put up my Echidna if needed (max lvl/max skill / +60)

I am up for it. But I need at least two more people to commit their max skilled Echidnas. Rolling with three is the safest route for me in tackling highest tier dungeons.

I am up for it. But I need at least two more people to commit their max skilled Echidnas. Rolling with three is the safest route for me in tackling highest tier dungeons.

technically you can run with :
ares+freyr+gigas+3 echidnas
a lot of hp to tank through.. basic rcv is high enough you can go with naked 1xrcv..
you have good orb converting with gigas and ares+freyr combo for massive damage
3 echidna you can rotate :X

Top Bottom