• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

*Lunar New Year*
[Duration]: 1/30 (Thur), midnight - 2/6 (Thur), 11:59 PM (PST)

The new year is a time for remembrance and growth, so what better way to do so than to celebrate P&D with friends and family! Here's some awesome bonuses, a choice selection of descended dungeons, and a special surprise commemorate this version 6.3 update event!

■① Daily Log-in Bonus
1/30 - 2/6 - 1 Magic Stone
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
1/30 - Draggie!
1/31 - Satan Descended!
2/1 - Beelzebub Descends!
2/2 - ???????????????
2/1 - 2/2 - Twinlit Descended!
2/3 - Heroes Descended
2/5 - The Thief Descended!
2/6 - Hera-Ur Descended!

■③ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
1/30 - 2/6 - Rare Evo Materials
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from Super Jewel King Dragons]
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

Godfest info is on the way!

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t
Only descended candidates for mystery dungeon are Izanami (hold on to your butts) or Hercules.

Wonder if we're getting Shrine of New Year this year...

GungHo Facebook said:
*Lunar New Year*
[Duration]: 1/30 (Thur), midnight - 2/6 (Thur), 11:59 PM (PST)

The new year is a time for remembrance and growth, so what better way to do so than to celebrate P&D with friends and family! Here's some awesome bonuses, a choice selection of descended dungeons, and a special surprise commemorate this version 6.3 update event!

■① Daily Log-in Bonus
1/30 - 2/6 - 1 Magic Stone
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
1/30 - Draggie!
1/31 - Satan Descended!
2/1 - Beelzebub Descends!
2/2 - ???????????????
2/1 - 2/2 - Twinlit Descended!
2/3 - Heroes Descended
2/5 - The Thief Descended!
2/6 - Hera-Ur Descended!

■③ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
1/30 - 2/6 - Rare Evo Materials
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from Super Jewel King Dragons]
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

Godfest info is on the way!

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Rare Evo Mats? boo. I've got about 60 pulls stored up...give me metal dragons

Wonder what the '???' is

edit : dammit Cosmi

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm putting my Echidna up too. Nicoga, what is your friend code? I don't think I have you in my friend list.

I probably deleted you at one point when clearing out leaders I don't use. I've since expanded to 165 friends (and probably will get to ~200 or so with the event coming up), so I keep more folks around. My apologies!

Limit

I was hoping we would be getting Egyptian ultimates update paired with the next event. No dice.

And I need one more max skilled Echidna up for today. Anyone game?

Zero_IYAD

That awesome feeling when you look at the event list & you actually own all of the descended :eek: !
The ??? can be Izanami, a free Tamadra or Shrine of New Year I guess :|
Not gonna run Twinlits this time.
Give us the Egyptian gods busties already!!

yami4ct

Do some people here have any good auto-healng leaders they can friend me with and put up? I could really use it. I'm so close to being able to easily clear the Rainbow Keeper, I just need better auto-healing to get past the first couple rounds.

I am up for it. But I need at least two more people to commit their max skilled Echidnas. Rolling with three is the safest route for me in tackling highest tier dungeons.

Just put up my max lvl max skill max awoken +273 echidna. PM me for friend code if you want to run with him

Draggie huh? Time to see a friends list full of Hello Kittys!

I never thought it would be the case, but I actually prefer the rare evo Pal to the Kings. We get Super Kings all the time now, but it still sucks farming for rare evo mats.

Also, Twinlits reminded me to check and they now give 15K exp when fed to the same element monster. Now I can start feeding away all those extra Angelits. Though I still need a D.Tron to absorb all the Devilits clogging my box.

StMeph

I would imagine that Shrine of New Year would be on the day (1/31) and not on 2/2, so Izanami makes more sense, to me. A free Tamadra would probably not be a 24-hour only thing as well, but more like one-time only during a longer window.

I never thought it would be the case, but I actually prefer the rare evo Pal to the Kings. We get Super Kings all the time now, but it still sucks farming for rare evo mats.

Also, Twinlits reminded me to check and they now give 15K exp when fed to the same element monster. Now I can start feeding away all those extra Angelits. Though I still need a D.Tron to absorb all the Devilits clogging my box.

why are you farming twinlits if you don't need the lits?

Really hope it's Izanami and is the most likely conclusion. I want both forms and they're both pretty awesome.

They look pretty awesome. Is that 50% damage reduction or 50% HP reduction?

Do we have Twinlits in the PAL machine now?

Thats what I thought. The ultimate Glass Cannon

imo its actually not even that. Goemon gives you more multiplier for same level of risk, plus goemon bonuses apply to all mobs. Honestly you cant even stall effectively because you wont be able to take a hit, and utility mobs like gravity, echidna, etc dont even get boosted.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
imo its actually not even that. Goemon gives you more multiplier for same level of risk, plus goemon bonuses apply to all mobs. Honestly you cant even stall effectively because you wont be able to take a hit, and utility mobs like gravity, echidna, etc dont even get boosted.

The problem with Goemon is that you have to work to trigger his ability. If you accidentally heal above threshold on a boss, you're fucked. Unless you're running a high RCV Goemon team...Even then, being able to tank some Descended hits is just silly.

Limit

Hey lightening did you get my pm? I can't send you a friend invite because you have already too many friend invites.

why are you farming twinlits if you don't need the lits?
The Twinlits are actually just a bonus for me. I'm currently more interested in the 1F and 3F drops.

Let's compare it to running the Friday dungeons. 1 Twinlit run cost the same amount of stamina as running Expert Friday twice and regular Friday once. If we ignore rare invasions before the boss rd (because they're so rare as to be statistically insignificant), you have about a 55% chance of getting a Dub-myth and 33% chance of getting a Mythlit for your 60 stamina on Friday.

Compared to the Twinlits dungeon, you have a 100% chance of getting either a TAMA(33%) or Dub-myth(66%), a 43% chance of Mythlit, and either Angelit or Devilit.

If you're farming Friday dungeon (on 2x days) for either Dub-myths or Mythlits, you'll get higher probabilities in the Twinlits dungeon. And even if you get neither to drop in a run, that only means you got a TAMA and one of the Twinlits. Whereas if you don't get the drop on Friday, it's a wasted run full of trash if you don't need the other (Dub)lits.

I don't know. I've only pulled a few here and there to keep from hitting the 50 cap and wasting Pal points. Didn't get any Twinlits. But I did get a Neneko that max skilled my Hatsume!

Totakeke

question..
160ish plus egg..
target..
kirin? echidna? horus? ra? valk? bastet?
suggestion, gaf?

Considering kirin, horus, ra, valk, bastet can all use echidna...

Me on the other hand, have to decide between using it on echidna on a valk team or on astaroth which is a delay team.

Echidna is the most versatile/common monster used among different teams, so I think +stats would be most useful on her. Plus, the challenge dungeons will actually make her useful for your friends if you put her up for that purpose. Having +stats on your most used/best leader gets you more Pal points and friends, though. Like, my max level Sakuya was being rejected by a lot of Sakuya players before I fed her my +297 Zaerog. Valkyrie is the second most used monster in that list and makes a good case, too. Valk is the easiest/most common team for farming many dungeons. But she doesn't really need +stats for that role. Where +ATK in particular comes in handy, is farming the staple Hera dungeon for all-important gravity skill-ups. +ATK helps her break Neptune's defense. Though, it seems like 90% of Valks are +297, so having your own may not be that important.

The problem with Goemon is that you have to work to trigger his ability. If you accidentally heal above threshold on a boss, you're fucked. Unless you're running a high RCV Goemon team...Even then, being able to tank some Descended hits is just silly.

You tank hits in descends in the earlier trash mob levels, so you can stall and get your skills charged. I think a high RCV goemon team is a must here. With 25% hp, you wont even be able to take a hit in those situations. Also, the skydrop heals suck, but they can be minimalized by good orb management and heartbreakers, imo. I just dont see how this low hp team with no stalling abilities and just average spike will be able to deal with any major descend.

Okay. I just ran every dungeon in the Hello Kitty collab for the clear stone and got every single possible drop, with the exception of the Wood/Water blob thingy, but I just evo'd a green kitty blob to complete that. I didn't realize Kittyn & Mimmyna was a rare invade until after. But I got them on my only Kingdom run. Was I lucky, or is the invasion rate for Kittyn & Mimmyna much higher than usual invasions?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You tank hits in descends in the earlier trash mob levels, so you can stall and get your skills charged. I think a high RCV goemon team is a must here. With 25% hp, you wont even be able to take a hit in those situations. Also, the skydrop heals suck, but they can be minimalized by good orb management and heartbreakers, imo. I just dont see how this low hp team with no stalling abilities and just average spike will be able to deal with any major descend.

Oh believe me, I've cleared a LOT of content with Goemon. He's just super finicky. I think mine is only slvl 2, so maybe max skilled with CD reduction would be more manageable...

Also!

I'm on my Nexus 5! Phone is BUTTER! I love it!

J0dy77

They look pretty awesome. Is that 50% damage reduction or 50% HP reduction?

I want them for the active skill more than anything. A 30% damage reduction with the possibility of 8 turn cooldown is really good. They also have uncommon colors, dark/fire and light/water which should make switching up burst teams a bit easier.

I'm on my Nexus 5! Phone is BUTTER! I love it!

Was going to ask you about this. I was testing a galaxy S4 for work and it lagged like crazy playing PAD. Nowhere near as smooth. Are you seeing anything like that? Still prefer ios but I've debated switching to android.

Colby

I want them for the active skill more than anything. A 30% damage reduction with the possibility of 8 turn cooldown is really good. They also have uncommon colors, dark/fire and light/water which should make switching up burst teams a bit easier.

Was going to ask you about this. I was testing a galaxy S4 for work and it lagged like crazy playing PAD. Nowhere near as smooth. Are you seeing anything like that? Still prefer ios but I've debated switching to android.
That's strange. My old ass Galaxy S3 runs PAD super smooth. Phones get upgraded so fast, man. I thought my S3 was the greatest thing in the world 18 months ago. Now, school bullies wanna make fun of my "ancient flip-phone."

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

All I've done is pull the Hello Kitty REM and screwed around in Endless. It was so wonderful. I'm going to try some actual content here in a bit.

Also:

1509853_10203076541822920_2125368265_n.jpg

Only took 12 pulls to "catch them all".

Okay. I just ran every dungeon in the Hello Kitty collab for the clear stone and got every single possible drop, with the exception of the Wood/Water blob thingy, but I just evo'd a green kitty blob to complete that. I didn't realize Kittyn & Mimmyna was a rare invade until after. But I got them on my only Kingdom run. Was I lucky, or is the invasion rate for Kittyn & Mimmyna much higher than usual invasions?

I had the same as you. K&M Invade on only Kingdom run. Didn't know they were the 'rare' invade either, thought it was the stage 5 boss.

Kingdom difficulty does give some solid XP though, and is pretty damn easy.

I had the same as you. K&M Invade on only Kingdom run. Didn't know they were the 'rare' invade either, thought it was the stage 5 boss.

Okay. There's really nothing worth farming the dungeon for though, so maybe that's why it's so easy. I'll probably just run it a couple more times for Joker awakenings. Never know if it'll come handy with it's 50% Dark resist and bind immunity.

Quantum

I've run kingdom 6 times, The experience is really nice (I'm rank 136 w/ 84 stam currently)

I've had 1 invasion.

but of course rng will be rng.

Huh. Downloaded an update for JP P&D. I don't have to switch time to JST anymore when I want to play. This is on iOS, btw.

In other news, finally fully awakened and bustied my dragon knight. Just 4 more knights to go.

Huh. Downloaded an update for JP P&D. I don't have to switch time to JST anymore when I want to play. This is on iOS, btw.

In other news, finally fully awakened and bustied my dragon knight. Just 4 more knights to go.

Did you use tamadara or evolved knights? I think that with twinlit dungeons dropping tamas and being relatively easily farmable, its more stamina efficient than running for exp and evo material to leveling up knights and evo the knights

Did you use tamadara or evolved knights? I think that with twinlit dungeons dropping tamas and being relatively easily farmable, its more stamina efficient than running for exp and evo material to leveling up knights and evo the knights

I used extra knights. I had already started the project a while back, and since I can't run twinlits even remotely consistently, I opted to just raise extra copies. Plus, the RNG has just straight out boned me with very few tama appearances, let alone drops in jewel dungeons and PAL machine.

JP is a different story, though. I have more Tamas than pets to feed them to.

I used extra knights. I had already started the project a while back, and since I can't run twinlits even remotely consistently, I opted to just raise extra copies. Plus, the RNG has just straight out boned me with very few tama appearances, let alone drops in jewel dungeons and PAL machine.

JP is a different story, though. I have more Tamas than pets to feed them to.

I never get why gungho US is so damn stingy with tamadaras. Honestly its not like giving out more is gamebreaking, and they already hand them out like candy in all the other servers. I remember one event in JP they got 7 tamas. Here we get maybe 1 tamadara a year if we are lucky.

I'd awoken so many monsters via dupes before we got easy access to them in Twinlits. In fact, I'm sitting on 3 max level Siegfried Blue Champions, waiting to be evolved and fed to my Emperor Siegfried. But that would take 4 sets of evo mats (3 to evo to Kings and 1 to ultimate evo to an Emperor). I'm tempted to just eat the time, mats, and exp it took me to raise those 3 Siegfrieds and feed them off for exp, and just use TAMAs to awaken my Emperor. If I continue with the dupe feeding route, I'd be wasting the exp since my Emperor is already max level and max skillled, so I don't need the skill-ups either. I'm sitting on 12 TAMAs and will pick up more this weekend. But for some psychological reason, I hate thinking about "wasting" TAMAs on him since his awakenings aren't even that great. But I wouldn't hesitate to feed him 3 dupes, since they're not useful for anything else. Each of my max Siegfrieds give 78750 exp to same element monster, so about a King's worth of exp for each one. And it took a total of 6 Mystic Masks, 3 Blue Divine Masks, 3 Blue Keepers, and 3 Mythlits to evo them to this point. And it would take an additional 4 Rainbow Keepers, 4 Dub-myths, 3 Dragon Fruit, 3 Mystic Masks, 4 Dub-sapphilits and 1 Dub-rubylit to get the same results as only 3 TAMAs...

Well, after typing all that out and reading it, I'd be an idiot to continue to evolve them all just for awakenings. I guess I'll just consider the mats used on them so far as sunk costs.

J0dy77

I never get why gungho US is so damn stingy with tamadaras. Honestly its not like giving out more is gamebreaking, and they already hand them out like candy in all the other servers. I remember one event in JP they got 7 tamas. Here we get maybe 1 tamadara a year if we are lucky.

I'm sitting on 21 on my JP account with nothing to feed them to. I dumped 3 in Siren just because I needed the box space. It really is ridiculous.

Top Bottom