• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

Anyone else find themselves abandoning their primary monsters to change things up? It's has been a new enjoyment for me to see what I can clear with alternate teams. I never seem to use Horus any longer just bored of that team. It could also be that for farm content the 9x team are more than capable and quicker/easier. I just find myself practicing with a lot of other teams, been a lot of fun.

I'm loving Divine Queen Hera teams. If I can max gravity along with big Baddie that team could crush a ton of content. So much dark damage. Easy farm team for Zeus as well. Biggest problem is that not many people are running her. Is it because of the lack of twinlits or people aren't really interested?

linsivvi

I wonder if they'd release the Horus ultimates before Izanami. The additional time would help but I'm still not sure if I want to give up the rcv.

suko_32

Anyone else find themselves abandoning their primary monsters to change things up? It's has been a new enjoyment for me to see what I can clear with alternate teams. I never seem to use Horus any longer just bored of that team. It could also be that for farm content the 9x team are more than capable and quicker/easier. I just find myself practicing with a lot of other teams, been a lot of fun.

I'm loving Divine Queen Hera teams. If I can max gravity along with big Baddie that team could crush a ton of content. So much dark damage. Easy farm team for Zeus as well. Biggest problem is that not many people are running her. Is it because of the lack of twinlits or people aren't really interested?

For me, it's lack of 2 Super Metals.

i think that maxing a gravity is NOT fun, that's why :p

Man, it's been too long since I played this (sidetracked with Brave Frontier, and other things) and here's my current box:
8809e25a6951393d19d5264b482762ac_zps21f955e4.jpg

Right now, I'm stuck at the Vulcan Tower. I don't suppose the quality of this box and my rank warrants a complete restart, does it? Not sure why I want to start over.

Man, it's been too long since I played this (sidetracked with Brave Frontier, and other things) and here's my current box:

Right now, I'm stuck at the Vulcan Tower. I don't suppose the quality of this box and my rank warrants a complete restart, does it? Not sure why I want to start over.

Whelp, there is an event coming up soon, where you could try to reroll. Just my opinion, but I would reroll with that box.

I'd awoken so many monsters via dupes before we got easy access to them in Twinlits. In fact, I'm sitting on 3 max level Siegfried Blue Champions, waiting to be evolved and fed to my Emperor Siegfried. But that would take 4 sets of evo mats (3 to evo to Kings and 1 to ultimate evo to an Emperor). I'm tempted to just eat the time, mats, and exp it took me to raise those 3 Siegfrieds and feed them off for exp, and just use TAMAs to awaken my Emperor. If I continue with the dupe feeding route, I'd be wasting the exp since my Emperor is already max level and max skillled, so I don't need the skill-ups either. I'm sitting on 12 TAMAs and will pick up more this weekend. But for some psychological reason, I hate thinking about "wasting" TAMAs on him since his awakenings aren't even that great. But I wouldn't hesitate to feed him 3 dupes, since they're not useful for anything else. Each of my max Siegfrieds give 78750 exp to same element monster, so about a King's worth of exp for each one. And it took a total of 6 Mystic Masks, 3 Blue Divine Masks, 3 Blue Keepers, and 3 Mythlits to evo them to this point. And it would take an additional 4 Rainbow Keepers, 4 Dub-myths, 3 Dragon Fruit, 3 Mystic Masks, 4 Dub-sapphilits and 1 Dub-rubylit to get the same results as only 3 TAMAs...

Well, after typing all that out and reading it, I'd be an idiot to continue to evolve them all just for awakenings. I guess I'll just consider the mats used on them so far as sunk costs.

Damn, GC. I drew the line with knights as far as using dupes to awaken (and I guess Golems, too). But yeah, my new priority is to be able to farm twinlits to make acquiring
baby?
Tamas easy. TAMAS FED TO EVERYONE! A TAMA FOR YOU, A TAMA FOR YOU, TAMAS FOR EVERYONE!

Teriyaki

Monodark teams are a slog to play, and my primary is Kirin where turns take forever to think through and give me a headache. I swap between Hera-Ur and Isis leader pairs to farm since it's always 9x, but both have a different kind of mindless gameplay. Working on trying to make Deathstroke viable too.

bodine1231

I'd wait for the event coming up and reroll,definitely.

I've been trying to make a Pandora team work for this very reason. It... hasn't gone very well so far since I'm missing a lot of well leveled / skilled / awakened subs for that team.

coy

Funny! I am in a similar situation, but since I only pulled Horus during PC godfest, I've found myself using him to farm 1.5x dailies to test team comps and because newer = cooler. Also, as I've gradually increased my friend slots (up to 150!), I'm afforded the opportunity to use a medley of leads. I still have Bastet up a majority of the time, but that's more to whore for PAL points.

Speaking for myself, I cannot wait to busty Hera. I'd hope others are interested as she looks like an absolute beast after the retooling. I have someone on my list that has her max +egg/skill/awoken so there are folks that do believe in her abilities. In any event, I'm going to start stoning Hera runs and try to max her out. That is, if I have enough willpower to not roll for Heroes.

Quantum

non-IAP, played 300+ days intermittently, more recently I have been playing frequently.

I was wondering if anyone would take a look - I put most of my interesting mobs into PAD herder and I have realized that I have absolutely no organization skills - or goals.

http://www.padherder.com/user/Island/monsters/

for a few months I was interested in the rippers - then trophy dragons, then an ADK, then my siren, then LOKI.

Now, most of the time I run a Monodark team (loki main) and recently rolled a Raphael (light dominion) and was wondering if I should try to put a light team together.

I can run hera, well I have zero stoned it 3x, but have burned a lot of stamina on other descended mobs.

coy

dark shiva

also cleaned art for not twinlit shiva

Wish I had a 2nd Shiva. Anyhow, looks as if they're going the Devilit route with Shiva. I'd venture a guess and say:

F/D Shiva
God/Attacker
3x Fire ATK
requires 2 Devilits
no change to active skill or awakenings

I'm very much looking forward to whatever incarnation of Shiva will be the 9x fire lead. I'm already loving his awakenings (Skill Boost, Row Enhance, Time Extend) and, if I ever lucked into pulling Red Odin, I'd be ecstatic!

coy

non-IAP, played 300+ days intermittently, more recently I have been playing frequently.

I was wondering if anyone would take a look - I put most of my interesting mobs into PAD herder and I have realized that I have absolutely no organization skills - or goals.

http://www.padherder.com/user/Island/monsters/

for a few months I was interested in the rippers - then trophy dragons, then an ADK, then my siren, then LOKI.

Now, most of the time I run a Monodark team (loki main) and recently rolled a Raphael (light dominion) and was wondering if I should try to put a light team together.

I can run hera, well I have zero stoned it 3x, but have burned a lot of stamina on other descended mobs.

If you had a couple more light subs, I'd feel better recommending a monolight team. Thankfully, 2 of the best are farmable in Zeus and Valk. If/when you take them on, then look to having a monolight team with either Raphael or Zeus as lead. Back to this point in a moment.

Your monodark team has good pieces. Same for your monoblue with either Noel Dragon or the ultracute Sanrio I&I leads. You also have nice components for a monogreen team. Two Heroes drops during the upcoming event (2/3) so if you can grab a Highlander, that'd solidify the team. I have limited experience with monogreen (only beat Two Heroes with 2/4/2) so I cannot say what descends the team can vanquish.

I suppose when you mention goals, you mean, in part, running descends. With the box available and more levels into more monsters, I would definitely look into acquiring Goemon. His playstyle may or may not be to your liking, but he is very much capable at taking on many dungeon bosses. You already have both the team to acquire him (monoblue) and the subs to make a good team. You can then use Goemon to grab the 2 aforementioned light monsters (or continue using monodark).

Tobe

:) finally max lvl regular yomi now need the evo mats for tsuku and that the last awakening.
now angelit and im good to go :)

Totakeke

Yeah his mono-dark looks the strongest with the Heras, DJ, and Loki. He also has the REM components for strong balanced 9x with Susano, Toyceratops, and Paravati's new ult so he just needs a Cu Chu. Other than that nothing else really notable except Raphael but as noted, the subs aren't quite there.

You can take on two heroes using Parvati lead too, but you probably have to level up that team a fair bit before that really works. Loki lead is probably the best with what you have.

I use whatever seems to work best for the dungeons I farm. If boring Valk is most efficient, I run that. Luckily there's enough variety of dungeons that I've gotten to play a lot of different teams. And I actually have every God except for D.Tron so I can pretty much try everything. I've had a max level Horus forever but never really used it much. Then when I got Sakuya I never had a reason to run Horus since Sakuya just seems so much better to me and I've gotten a lot of practice with her.

As for Queen Hera, I love her! But like you said not a lot of people run her, which is odd since everyone should have a Hera by now, but maybe not everyone's been able to evo her yet. Though I've actually noticed more people running her than usual tonight and I'm not sure why. There's no current special dungeon that plays to her strengths. And most of them are +297 and max skilled. Maybe people are finally realizing her power. She's basically more of a Dark Zeus than Stratios himself. And you're right, she probably makes the best team to farm Zeus once more people start running her during his dungeon.

Genji

I started with Lucifer and somewhat recently switched to Kirin and Haku. Really enjoying playing them, although anything is probably exciting compared to grinding stuff out with 2xLucifer.

Tobe

120 days in enjoy switching between underleveled healer team, haku and dtron. i could do a mono red if i ever get ares.

this is me hoping its a D/F shiva attacker sub type

PG says he'll be getting Devil/Demon subtype. D/F ultimate also get orb enhance attached to his active skill. Doesn't look like any changes to leader skills for either.

F/F

D/F

so F/F gets 600 HP and D/F gets 400 ATK.

Quantum

If you had a couple more light subs, I'd feel better recommending a monolight team. Thankfully, 2 of the best are farmable in Zeus and Valk. If/when you take them on, then look to having a monolight team with either Raphael or Zeus as lead. Back to this point in a moment.

Your monodark team has good pieces. Same for your monoblue with either Noel Dragon or the ultracute Sanrio I&I leads. You also have nice components for a monogreen team. Two Heroes drops during the upcoming event (2/3) so if you can grab a Highlander, that'd solidify the team. I have limited experience with monogreen (only beat Two Heroes with 2/4/2) so I cannot say what descends the team can vanquish.

I suppose when you mention goals, you mean, in part, running descends. With the box available and more levels into more monsters, I would definitely look into acquiring Goemon. His playstyle may or may not be to your liking, but he is very much capable at taking on many dungeon bosses. You already have both the team to acquire him (monoblue) and the subs to make a good team. You can then use Goemon to grab the 2 aforementioned light monsters (or continue using monodark).

Thank you for your insight - I had not considered a monoblue team previously.

By goals - I certainly mean to run descended dungeons, but also meant in an attempt to focus myself to level a certain team rather then playing everything and not leveling certain mobs.

Yeah his mono-dark looks the strongest with the Heras, DJ, and Loki. He also has the REM components for strong balanced 9x with Susano, Toyceratops, and Paravati's new ult so he just needs a Cu Chu. Other than that nothing else really notable except Raphael but as noted, the subs aren't quite there.

You can take on two heroes using Parvati lead too, but you probably have to level up that team a fair bit before that really works. Loki lead is probably the best with what you have.

And I had not considered a monogreen team either so I thank you for your input as well.

I think loki is the best lead with what I have because I have been playing with that mindset and started to level some subs (JD) and hera to work with him. Paired with a friend lucifer I am able to have a 2:2:4 (if I did that correctly) and it has made farming much easier.

I have a bunch of stones saved up from the new challenge dungeons and I guess I should wait to use them in the descended dungeons rather then pulling during the godfest, although I would really like to pull again.

I have posted it before, I really wish I could pay for mobs of my choice as my luck is not that great with the REM and the only reason I have the REMs I do is from volume over 300+ days.

Buffs across the board happening on Friday in JP
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140129_skill.html
- 4th awakenings added for all REM gods, many existing awakenings getting buffed. Row awakenings, skill boosts, skill bind resist getting passed around like STDs
- Norse god max CD -> 9cd (fuck)
- Vritra/Indra once again also buff God types
- Other minor updates

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Give me that dark Shiva please, and maybe it's time to level up my Indra.

Also how many row enhancements are needed for it to be better than regular combos?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
With the reduction in CD for a lot of gods, you'd think they'd bring back the collab that granted the skillup, right?

Right???

Limit

- 4th awakenings added for all REM gods, many existing awakenings getting buffed. Row awakenings, skill boosts, skill bind resist getting passed around like STDs
- Other minor updates

Shiva and Trifruit-related busties also happening.
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140129_sinka_siva.html

Looking forward to getting this update in U.S. in 5 months.

Kreed

- Other minor updates

Shiva and Trifruit-related busties also happening.
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140129_sinka_siva.html

I really don't like how Gungho handles the increased cool down rates. I'd rather them just drop the number of turns all around vs making people farm the dungeons again for more skill ups. Now not only do I have to max skill I&I but now I have to save skill up mobs for when this patch is added.

Also for those wondering it's official, the new Twinlit Dungeon that runs every week will have a Baby Tamadra in it instead of a regular Tamadra (it will cost 50 stamina instead of 60).

J0dy77

As for Queen Hera, I love her! But like you said not a lot of people run her, which is odd since everyone should have a Hera by now, but maybe not everyone's been able to evo her yet. Though I've actually noticed more people running her than usual tonight and I'm not sure why. There's no current special dungeon that plays to her strengths. And most of them are +297 and max skilled. Maybe people are finally realizing her power. She's basically more of a Dark Zeus than Stratios himself. And you're right, she probably makes the best team to farm Zeus once more people start running her during his dungeon.

I really think it's the latter and most people have not evolved her yet. Plus, she's always been seen as a strong sub, I'm sure some people are just overlooking her.

Also for those wondering it's official, the new Twinlit Dungeon that runs every week will have a Baby Tamadra in it instead of a regular Tamadra (it will cost 50 stamina instead of 60).

Great, more gungtrolling RNG.

colinp

Banned
Well, after not playing for a year I decided to check it out on my new 5S. Ended up getting a Kirin Sakuya which presumably is a good pull these days...? So much has changed, but I think I'm back in hah.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well, after not playing for a year I decided to check it out on my new 5S. Ended up getting a Kirin Sakuya which presumably is a good pull these days...? So much has changed, but I think I'm back in hah.

Things move quick, opinions change, etc. So I haven't really updated the OP starting pulls yet.

That said, Kirin is epic tier. You're good to go.

She's one of the best endgame monsters in the game, but has a steep learning curve. Hope your puzzlin skills haven't gotten too rusty over the past year.

Make use of the non-gimped twinlits dungeon while you can I guess.

I would think drop rates are reduced as well for the main drops which would improve during events when granted x2 drop rates.

So where do regular Tamas appear? Would be the ultimate kick in the pills if babies were in the Jewel/Metal dungeons as well.

J0dy77

Anyone finish Crystal dragon yet? What team did you use? Would normally run mono light but the boss has high defense, won't work.

Top Bottom