• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

From puzzleanddragonsforum:

Added 4th Awoken Skill
(Monsters whose existing skills were changed are listed in the next section.)

Main Color Row Boost
Shiva, Ares, Belial, Suzaku
Hermes, Amon, Seiryuu
Artemis, Astaroth, Genbu
Venus, Baal
FA Lucifer, Byakko

Skill Boost
Amaterasu
Norse
Apollo, Persephone

Resist Skill Seal
Yomi
Indra, Vritra
Horus, Bastet
Kushinada, Izanagi, Okuninushi
Hero Gods
Kirin

Extended Move Time
Lakshmi

Auto-Heal
Parvati
Anubis

Bind Resist
Isis

Blind Resist
Ra
Umisachi&Yamasachi

Awoken Skill Changes

Minerva, Neptune, Ceres, Hades:
+orb (awoken 1) becomes bind resist, 4th skill is also bind resist

Kagutsuchi, Orochi:
stat increase (awoken 3) becomes row boost, 4th skill is skill boost

Susano:
bind recovery (awoken 3) becomes bind resist, 4th skill is also bind resist

Uriel, Gabriel, Michael:
attack increase (awoken 3) becomes row boost, 4th skill is auto-heal

Raphael:
attack increases (awoken 2&3) become bind recovery, 4th skill is row boost

SoD Lucifer:
attack increase (awoken 3) becomes resist skill seal, 4th skill is auto-heal

Ameno Uzume:
attack increase (awoken 3) becomes auto-heal, 4th skill is row boost

Active Skill Changes

Third Eye (Shiva) has added effect of enhancing red orbs
Norse skills minimum cooldown reduced from 12 to 9 turns

Leader Skill Changes

Indra, Vritra: multiplier applies to god types as well as dragons
Awoken Zeus Stratios: HP must be below 50% instead of 40%

Voice of God, Metatron gets light sub-element

quin

13910086766031r5rq3.jpg

Get!!! I recommend satan for this dungeon!!

Got the awakening for it as well

Make use of the non-gimped twinlits dungeon while you can I guess.

I would think drop rates are reduced as well for the main drops which would improve during events when granted x2 drop rates.

So where do regular Tamas appear? Would be the ultimate kick in the pills if babies were in the Jewel/Metal dungeons as well.

Wouldn't change much as the Tams dont' really show up in Jewel/Metal anyway. Most efficient way is probably PAL pulls now:?

motherofgod.jpg

I personally think dq hera is overshadowed by satan. I have both and i definitely would rather run satan than hera, just because of the raw stats(aside from rcv) and the 3 row enhance awakening.

Anyone finish Crystal dragon yet? What team did you use? Would normally run mono light but the boss has high defense, won't work.

My Optimal team is mono light Raphael leads (or Raphael and Busty Thor) with Zues, Rose Valk, busty Ammy (for beastly RCV and a Luci sub. Zues and Luci = Dead Crystal Dragon on Master and ALMOST dead Cystal Dragon on Legendary Couple that with Raphael and valk for a board of Light and then you get a dead Crystal Dragon on Legendary too.

Strongly recommend you have at least 1 awakening on ammy, if not all three though. he likes to Bind EVERYONE!

J0dy77

My Optimal team is mono light Raphael leads (or Raphael and Busty Thor) with Zues, Rose Valk, busty Ammy (for beastly RCV and a Luci sub. Zues and Luci = Dead Crystal Dragon on Master and ALMOST dead Cystal Dragon on Legendary Couple that with Raphael and valk for a board of Light and then you get a dead Crystal Dragon on Legendary too.

Strongly recommend you have at least 1 awakening on ammy, if not all three though. he likes to Bind EVERYONE!

How did you deal with the defense with a mono light team? Weren't you tickling him for 1 damage?

Kirin, Horus, Twins...Any combo lead really.

DUH!! I think this goes back to my post about not wanting to run Horus. I just went in with Horus/Kirin and I'm thinking way is it so easy proc'ing Kirin? No dark... duh... this will be a joke.

Kreed

Make use of the non-gimped twinlits dungeon while you can I guess.

I would think drop rates are reduced as well for the main drops which would improve during events when granted x2 drop rates.

So where do regular Tamas appear? Would be the ultimate kick in the pills if babies were in the Jewel/Metal dungeons as well.

The only issue with a drop rate change would be the high difficulty and stamina cost. The dungeon is on par with a Mythical Descend, just with less floors. It wouldn't be worth running at a 40% drop rate .

Tamadras still appear in Metal/Jewel dungeons and the Pal Machine, and of course the Tamadra giveaways we haven't gotten yet.

quin

I think the move to the baby tamadora was due to the fact that both these dungeons are every week for 24 hours each. The chances of one dropping in these are much higher than the king dungeons. It sucks, but i think it will keep the game from breaking too quickly

How did you deal with the defense with a mono light team? Weren't you tickling him for 1 damage?

It's really not that hard to get over the threshhold with enough ATK, especially with Raphael/Thor. Zues still has a lot of ATK, and Valk helps get those multiple Light orb matchs. 2x Luci kills Legend Crystal Dragon dead, so with only 1 Zues and him take a lot of the HP down)

Still takes some time, but I found it safer than the mono-red team I had taken (2HP/4ATK/2RCV Ares/Freyr team) to little RCV on that team to heal back from and most of my damage was from when Freyr and Goemon both were activated at the same time.

Monored (Freyr, Goemon, Pheonix Knight Homura, Echidna, Persephone, Ares). Persephone was there to help with RCV and Occasional Dark atks.

From puzzleanddragonsforum:

Awoken Skill Changes

Minerva, Neptune, Ceres, Hades:
+orb (awoken 1) becomes bind resist, 4th skill is also bind resist

This is LAME, essentially the only reason why I awoke Hades and Neptune was for the +Orb drop

SoD Lucifer:
attack increase (awoken 3) becomes resist skill seal, 4th skill is auto-heal

Love the Auto-Heal!

Third Eye (Shiva) has added effect of enhancing red orbs
Ok, still does not differentiate him from Top Droiddragon and Kitty Lilith, still kind of bad because of no skill ups in US and such a long cooldown

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
DUH!! I think this goes back to my post about not wanting to run Horus. I just went in with Horus/Kirin and I'm thinking way is it so easy proc'ing Kirin? No dark... duh... this will be a joke.

The first time I looked at the dungeon, I did the same thing you did..."How the fuck do I deal with 60k def?"

Then I noticed it was no dark orbs. Triggering Kirin is almost too easy.

Kreed

Anyone finish Crystal dragon yet? What team did you use? Would normally run mono light but the boss has high defense, won't work.

I decided to play it safe vs using a combo team and getting screwed by orb changers for Legendary:

Odin, Siren, Echidna, Hera-Is, Lucifer, Venus L/L. This team was very safe, but took a long time since like you said, I was only doing 1 damage against the Dragon with everyone except Odin, Lucifer and Hera-Is. But otherwise his moves were no danger to me, even when he would randomly bind Venus thanks to Odin and Echidna/Siren as back up.

For Master I swapped out Venus for Hades D/L. Hades D/L had a lot more issues because of the dark binds from Demons, but I killed the boss instantly with his gravity in addition to Hera-is and Lucifer. I believe you could do the same for Legendary.

You could probably get away with replacing Lucifer on either team with another Gravity or even a dark area attack monster to deal with the mobs before the boss, just be prepared for a longer fight.

Hmm, with the changed weekday dungeons there are now dungeons with mixed normal/technical subdungeons. Which makes you wonder why the Int/Expert biweekly dungeons are marked as technical when nothing in them uses skills.

New shiva dark evo is actually pretty legit. You get to run a 9x fire team and shivas awoken skills are no joke, 2x row enhance, skill boost, and + orb time. Plus shiva main element wil be fire unlike the other 3x color leads(vamp,yomi) Throw an echidna, freyr, and a couple of orb changers and you probably have a team that can tackle a lot of descends. Gravy if he gets skill ups.

BlueSteel

The first time I looked at the dungeon, I did the same thing you did..."How the fuck do I deal with 60k def?"

Then I noticed it was no dark orbs. Triggering Kirin is almost too easy.

got trolled twice when there weren't any blue orbs. Also didn't realize pixies had a high amount of defense.

Third time's the charm though!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
got trolled twice when there weren't any blue orbs. Also didn't realize pixies had a high amount of defense.

Third time's the charm though!

There IS the chance that you get orb trolled. But if you play it smart, you should be able to either kill the pixies before the ogre attacks or mass attack the pixies to death.

Tried Legend Mystic Light Dragon with a few different teams but since they mostly were low leveled the only one I actually managed to beat it with was Haku + orb changers. First floor was 2 devils and a demon which meant I had to heal quite a bit every turn, but as soon as the skills got up the rest of it went pretty smooth.

I think I'll farm for awakenings on master during 2x drop though, was a bit too close for comfort a few times in the start.

ido

I just started about a week ago or so... maybe some of you guys can give me some pointers. Non IAP here.

My first rare egg pull was a Archangel Lucifer, so I suppose that is what I am going to revolve my ideas around. Since then I have pulled a Vampire Lord and a Loki(I keep pulling mostly all dark monsters for some reason), and used other stones to increase my monster box.

Could you guys give me some good starter tips? I have evolved my initial blue dragon that you get at the start to 35(max), but am waiting on one piece of evo material before I can evolve him further.

Here is the decent monsters I have:
Aurora Dragon
Plesios
Echidna
Mermaid
Kitty BadShynee
Devil Dragon
D'spinas
Succubus

Any pointers would be much appreciated, as I hope I am starting off pretty well. I've made it up to the Castle of Satan, but I've been waiting to finish it. I've found using 2 Lucifers(one as a helper) has made bosses almost seem cheap.

So decided to pull two more times in the kitty REM.

Got two red hello kitty characters. That makes three in a row. I'm done with this rem.

Got 2 Lilith Kitties in a row. Nope.gif for me

I just started about a week ago or so... maybe some of you guys can give me some pointers. Non IAP here.

My first rare egg pull was a Archangel Lucifer, so I suppose that is what I am going to revolve my ideas around. Since then I have pulled a Vampire Lord and a Loki(I keep pulling mostly all dark monsters for some reason), and used other stones to increase my monster box.

Could you guys give me some good starter tips? I have evolved my initial blue dragon that you get at the start to 35(max), but am waiting on one piece of evo material before I can evolve him further.

Aurora Dragon
Plesios
Echidna
Mermaid
Kitty BadShynee
Devil Dragon
D'spinas
Succubus

Any pointers would be much appreciated, as I hope I am starting off pretty well. I've made it up to the Castle of Satan, but I've been waiting to finish it. I've found using 2 Lucifers(one as a helper) has made bosses almost seem cheap.

You can run Lucy/Lucy to clear probably 90% of the content, just load up on dark monsters and go to work. As for priorities, I'd go with Echidna/Mermaid. Echidna is a staple on just about every team. Mermaid might not be a huge priority with the Lucy team, but can save your ass and is crazy easy to max skill.

ido

Got 2 Lilith Kitties in a row. Nope.gif for me

You can run Lucy/Lucy to clear probably 90% of the content, just load up on dark monsters and go to work. As for priorities, I'd go with Echidna/Mermaid. Echidna is a staple on just about every team. Mermaid might not be a huge priority with the Lucy team, but can save your ass and is crazy easy to max skill.

Nice, thanks for the advice. Would Echidna be good on a Lucifer team? But yeah, double Lucifers have made the bosses seem like I'm using a game genie.

Being a non IAP player, everything is kind of slow. I want to try at some more pulls(i have 5 stones saved up for a pull), but I also want to increase my capacity a little.

Would the Kitty BadShynee be a good addition to the lucifer team? The other good dark monsters I have are Loki and the Vampire Lord... and some dragons. I need to get my team cost up a little before I can really utilize all or any of those, though.

Aurora Dragon
Plesios
Echidna
Mermaid
Kitty BadShynee
Devil Dragon
D'spinas
Succubus

You've discovered exactly why Lucifer is such a prized roll. More recent endgame dungeons specifically neuter Luci, but you can clear just about everything until then with him. Just keep in mind it's hella boring when bosses start having HP in the millions.

You've also got a lot of great options for a more offensively oriented monodark team. With Loki as a leader you can sub Vampire, Kitty BadShynee, and Lucifer for a good time. You will want to pick up a Mystic Dark Knight and Pierdrawn from the Special dungeons Sword of Darkness and Dragon in Motley (respectively), which roll around about 1-2 times a month to add more orb changing options to your team.

Avoid pulling the REM outside of Godfests. You got lucky with Loki and Luci but everything else you pulled is attainable from within the game itself (albeit rarely). Since you are non-IAP you want to maximize the value of your rolls by waiting until the hit rate of REM-exclusive mons goes up during those events, which should happen this weekend.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Aurora Dragon
Plesios
Echidna
Mermaid
Kitty BadShynee
Devil Dragon
D'spinas
Succubus

Luci, Loki, Vamp, D'spinas are all excellent dark monsters. Once you can get your hands on the dark sword knight, do so. He'll make a great addition to your dark team. With Luci, you're not building a team that does huge combo and attack damage...You're building a team that can tank a LOT of hits. It's not uncommon to see end-game Luci teams with 80k HP now.

Remember that even sub-types count for things like 2x HP for Dark. So use that to your advantage. That said, the Hello Kitty collab is wonderful for new players as it makes obtaining dual color monsters a joke. Dual colors are great.

It used to be imperative that a new player (and anyone really) get 2x max skilled Siren's. Now, you can get away with one. That said, work on leveling your Mermaid. Once you max skill her (which is actually quite easy since the goblins drop like candy in the higher tier dungeons), she'll make a wonderful addition to ANY team early on.

Echidna is also clutch. You want to level her, max skill her one day, +egg her...She is gold. She fits on ANY team, even dungeons with no fire orbs. Because she's just that good.

Expanding your monster box is great. I'm an IAP player, so I can't comment on how much space is enough for non-IAP, but space and REM rolls (especially in the upcoming Godfest) are the way to go.

Genji

There IS the chance that you get orb trolled. But if you play it smart, you should be able to either kill the pixies before the ogre attacks or mass attack the pixies to death.

I got orb trolled on the 5th stage with the cyclops on a 2 turn timer. Popped Echidna to be safe and just stalled as much as possible while leaving 1 pixie up and managed to have her ready to go for the boss.

I like the added awakenings. With Haku I can get 5 row boosts (1 for each lead, 1 for D/W Batman, 2 for Dtron), which might be fun to try and trigger. Probably will be a while before it gets here though, and there's always the problem of not having any tamas to get awakenings with...

ido

Really appreciate all the good advice. Just starting out, so a lot of the game was overwhelming at first. I think I'm finally beginning to figure things out.

Cosmo Clock mentioned a couple monsters I need to get whenever the dungeons are available, but where can I get a dark sword knight from, nicoga?

Thanks again. Is it advisable to evolve my Lucifer as early as I can?

yami4ct

Anyone got a Shiva or Top Droidragon they can friend me with? Sadly couldn't get enough Dragon Fruits to evolve my own droid and desperately want to clear the mystic mask dungeon today.

Really appreciate all the good advice. Just starting out, so a lot of the game was overwhelming at first. I think I'm finally beginning to figure things out.

Cosmo Clock mentioned a couple monsters I need to get whenever the dungeons are available, but where can I get a dark sword knight from, nicoga?

Depends. Be mindful of the team cost increase. You might be better off not evolving and fitting a couple stronger monsters on your team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want to get me a Draggie this time. I missed out last time because I was super busy the day he descended. Looking at the dungeon, Sylph/Sylpy + 4x Leeks should have no issue.

J0dy77

Dark Knight sword drops in a lot of places. You'll run into one eventually, just keep an eye out during the events.

Download Pad Guide on iOS or Android, it will give you all the info you need including a metal dragon dungeon timer, monster information and where they drop.

Colby

I'm okay with baby Tam, as long as the Twinlit drop rate is still guaranteed, and as long as we get Japan's generous Tamadra giveaways. Otherwise, we're getting a pretty raw deal.

9 runs of Wednesday dungeon so far just trying to get a Divine Mask and of course not getting one. Hell havent even gotten one to appear outside of floor 5. These types of things are the most annoying thing that happens in PAD

J0dy77

9 runs of Wednesday dungeon so far just trying to get a Divine Mask and of course not getting one. Hell havent even gotten one to appear outside of floor 5. These types of things are the most annoying thing that happens in PAD

Wednesday dungeon is pretty horrible. You're better off going after the color you want in the respective Tech dungeon. Better XP, better drops and you'll get the color you want.

I guess this weekend will be the last opportunity for "easy" TAMAs. Outside of pre-nerf Twinlits, I guess the best place to get regular TAMAs will be Fagan's dungeon. But that's only a 20% chance and the dungeon costs 99 stam to run. Not to mention it's much harder than Twinlits to clear. I'm gonna be running Twinlits this weekend as often as I can. Can't wait try out my new Ra team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

If you can wait a week, with the coming event, we will see 2x drops on daily dungeons.

I'm okay with baby Tam, as long as the Twinlit drop rate is still guaranteed, and as long as we get Japan's generous Tamadra giveaways. Otherwise, we're getting a pretty raw deal.

Which we're a staggering number behind JP...

neverrundailiesoutsideof2x.gif

I guess this weekend will be the last opportunity for "easy" TAMAs. Outside of pre-nerf Twinlits, I guess the best place to get regular TAMAs will be Fagan's dungeon. But that's only a 20% chance and the dungeon costs 99 stam to run. Not to mention it's much harder than Twinlits to clear. I'm gonna be running Twinlits this weekend as often as I can. Can't wait try out my new Ra team.

Is that the team with the ridiculous number of skill boosts? I still need to figure out how to safely run Twinlits...

Jinko

I really don't like how Gungho handles the increased cool down rates. I'd rather them just drop the number of turns all around vs making people farm the dungeons again for more skill ups. Now not only do I have to max skill I&I but now I have to save skill up mobs for when this patch is added.

Also for those wondering it's official, the new Twinlit Dungeon that runs every week will have a Baby Tamadra in it instead of a regular Tamadra (it will cost 50 stamina instead of 60).

They should just give Tamadra and Babytamas a chance to skill up any monster, skilling up is probably the worst thought out thing in this game and definitely needs a update.

quin

They didn't make tamadoras more difficult to obtain... They have increased your chances. You have 48 hours every week to run these dungeons now. I know it's anecdotal, but I'm 1 for 1 on baby tamadora awakenings. None of us know the chances of the awakening happening yet either.

You are all over reacting.

They didn't make tamadoras more difficult to obtain... They have increased your chances. You have 48 hours every week to run these dungeons now. I know it's anecdotal, but I'm 1 for 1 on baby tamadora awakenings. None of us know the chances of the awakening happening yet either.

:lol

So you've gone 1 for 1 and think everyone is overreacting? I think you are overreacting about the overreacting.

And Yes, they did make them more difficult to obtain. G.C. did a write-up on it based on drop percentage and Twinlit was on the top. Removing the most consistent way to obtain them would make them more difficult to obtain.

Radav

They should just give Tamadra and Babytamas a chance to skill up any monster, skilling up is probably the worst thought out thing in this game and definitely needs a update.

I would love, love, love, love it if they did this but, skilling up our stuff is one of those things that keeps us busy with alot of these random weekly/collab dungeons we get so I doubt we'll see it any time soon.

I figure, I'm ok with the change to a weekly twinlit dungeon. First of all, I really do need a more regular crack at it and the stamina decrease will be nice. Getting access to less tamadras really sucks but, we'll deal like with it like we have with everything else.

That Izanami dungeon... holy cow that things look crazy hard on mythical. I have no idea what I would use to beat it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

1 for 1 on baby Tamadra and you're going to tell us that we're over reacting about being pissed that the guaranteed awakening has gone to a chance at awakening? In a dungeon that is designed to fuck you?

:lol

quin

No... Im saying you can run these dungeons for 48 hours a week...

Then there is the pal machine, fagan dungeon and the metal dragon dungeons. Tamadoras are everywhere or will be soon for the US players.

now I'm 2 for 4 on skill-ups

[21:33:13] <tiw--> oh wow
[21:33:18] <tiw--> they stealth patched the tamadra baby
[21:33:20] <tiw--> apparently
[21:33:33] <tiw--> since as of 15 minutes ago it's around 40-50%
[21:33:50] <tiw--> don't break faith in jp bitching!

coy

*24 Hour Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 1/31, 8:00 PM - 2/1, 7:59 PM (PST)
Hero Gods and Five Elements Descend!!

1010892_775349159160345_1823031665_n.png

The new Hero gods have come to make their fantastic Godfest debut!

These ancient legends have the power to manipulate Orbs and make devastating 4x ATK combos when 8 or more Orbs of their respective Attribute are matched.

The Rare Egg Machine will have 3x rates for Hero Gods and the Five Elements. On top of that, we've also added in their 6&#9733; evolved forms as well. That means twice as many gods have a chance to appear! The event lasts 24 hours, so don't miss out!

Hero Gods Series
1065 Yamato Takeru
1067 Andromeda
1069 Perseus
1071 Sun Wukong
1073 Pandora

Five Elements
745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

Special
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia

As good as this pairing is, I'm not going to roll on my main. I am thinking of rerolling my Kirin account for a Hero. I'll see how I feel in a day.

Top Bottom