• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Genji

That's a nice Godfest, will probably try a couple rolls with the free stones from challenge mode. Would like to get Pandora but that's a super long shot!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
*24 Hour Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 1/31, 8:00 PM - 2/1, 7:59 PM (PST)
Hero Gods and Five Elements Descend!!

1010892_775349159160345_1823031665_n.png

The new Hero gods have come to make their fantastic Godfest debut!

These ancient legends have the power to manipulate Orbs and make devastating 4x ATK combos when 8 or more Orbs of their respective Attribute are matched.

The Rare Egg Machine will have 3x rates for Hero Gods and the Five Elements. On top of that, we've also added in their 6★ evolved forms as well. That means twice as many gods have a chance to appear! The event lasts 24 hours, so don't miss out!

Hero Gods Series
1065 Yamato Takeru
1067 Andromeda
1069 Perseus
1071 Sun Wukong
1073 Pandora

Five Elements
745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

Special
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia

As good as this pairing is, I'm not going to roll on my main. I am thinking of rerolling my Kirin account for a Hero. I'll see how I feel in a day.

I'm going to roll. I don't care about the Hero gods yet, but I could use Meimei and Leilan. Also I want that DTron finally.

linsivvi

Connecting 8 orbs seems pretty hard to pull off consistently and at the same time reduces the number of combos. So why do people want the Hero Gods?

yami4ct

Godfest seems pretty decent. Still would love a 'Tron, either Odin, Kirin or Byakko on my main and a Pandora would be neat as well. Might as well give it one or two rolls.

Finally got a Mystic Mask on an invade in my final try for the day. Now, I need to figure out what to do with it and the Rainbow Keeper I got yesterday. Use them both to evolve Vamp, make Bastet my main and save MM for her ult, use RK on my current main Isis and MM to evolve my Dragon Knight or evolve my Isis and save MM for later? Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Genji

Connecting 8 orbs seems pretty hard to pull off consistently and at the same time reduces the number of combos. So why do people want the Hero Gods?

In a future patch I think it starts at 6 orbs for 3x, 7 orbs for 3.5x and 8 orbs for 4x. Seems to be built for row enhances, which GungHo just added a lot of. Just a different play style that I can try out using the gods I have now, no need to build another team from scratch.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I'd love to hear what makes these gods good. I'm sure they have a use, I just don't know what that is yet.

yami4ct

I'd love to hear what makes these gods good. I'm sure they have a use, I just don't know what that is yet.

I'm not that skilled at this game yet, so take my response with a heavy dose of salt when it comes to higher level viability.

I played Pandora on my JP account until I was able to throw a good Kirin team together. The hero gods are really interesting. It's a completely different play style. The game becomes less of making huge combos to break out all the time and more about storing orbs until you really need a big attack. It basically comes down to clearing early rounds with worse damage and hoarding all your damage until you really need it. Where Pandora really came in handy, though, was her ability. Not only does her double orb switch give you a big grouping you might need for her leader skill, but also is good in terms of breaking out for some emergency healing. That active saved me quite a few times.

Genji

I'd play Pandora as a more stable Dtron team since you don't need to worry about your health. I have a lot of subs with dark row enhance, so I could go something like:

Pandora (1 row)
Dtron (2 rows)
Dtron (2 rows)
B/W Batman (1 row)
Vamp
Pandora (1 row)

Pretty easy to stall using that team and if you pop Pandora (wood to dark, light to heart) and then Vamp, you're bound to get at least 1 full row of dark. With Batman's active and 7 row enhances you're looking at least a ~90x (16 * 1.7 * 1.75 *2) spike. That's not counting Dtron's active, which should add another 36% on top of that with 6 connected enhanced orbs, so something like ~130x. Get 2 unconnected rows and the #s get even more crazy.

Math, assuming it's right (no guarantee, I could totally be misunderstanding how this all adds up!), is from here: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=29757

Granted 2xDtron is not expected for most teams, but you can plug in Haku, Loki, the riders etc. to get some dark row enhances on your team.

And remember that a lot of mons are getting extra row enhances and skill boosts from their fourth awakening, which dramatically increases the viability of Hero teams. If you have the REM-exclusive subs and awakenings, lol

coy

The change to leader skill is a nice bonus, all the more reason I'd employ any of them into mono teams as leaders or as subs. Decent stats, multi-orb change active and much desired awakenings in Skill Boost and Row Enhance. I'm personally wishing for Yamato (nice RCV) or Pandora (nice everything).

Totakeke

I have 2x Artemis and one Parvati, Perseus would've been nice... except they all consume the same fire and and water orbs so that really sucks.

linsivvi

Thanks for all the replies. Didn't know it's going to be changed to have 3x for 6 in a row. That does make row matching very powerful, which is what Gungho seems to be pushing right now.

razterik

Baby Tamadra replacing regular ones would be perfectly fine if they either made the dungeons easier or gave normal Tamadras the chance to invade on any floor. As it stands, I will redirect my time to farming Twinlits and Trifruit whenever they descend. Probably have at least a month before the change heads our way.

Baby Tamadra replacing regular ones would be perfectly fine if they either made the dungeons easier or gave normal Tamadras the chance to invade on any floor. As it stands, I will redirect my time to farming Twinlits and Trifruit whenever they descend. Probably have at least a month before the change heads our way.
They did. At least they did for Trifruits (and lowered the stamina cost from 60 to 50); don't know about Twinlits until Friday in Japan.

razterik

Ah, really? Hadn't gotten around to checking yet. Been too busy lately. That's a little better at least.

Edit: Not really seeing that much of a difference on the JP wikia just from the numbers. Is it not updated or am I missing something?

raiot

Hm, I just read, that Raphael is Bind Immune in the next JP update... thats the first HP/RV tank leader that can't be bound... thats... powerfull? I think I have to skill him up :D

raphaelXraphael tank team!
with
zeus, valk, zeus, turn delay

tank team, with gravity, delay and unboundable lead so if you have the hp, you'll survive? yes please!

J0dy77

You know what I love. Feeding 9 mobs for skillups to Hermes, Ra, Susano, dragon Knight and not getting one skillup. Everything else I can deal with in this game. The skillup process, however, is brutal.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You know what I love. Feeding 9 mobs for skillups to Hermes, Ra, Susano, dragon Knight and not getting one skillup. Everything else I can deal with in this game. The skillup process, however, is brutal.

I feel like they stealth lowered the rates with the update. I went 0/15 on Freyr, 1/10 on Thor, and 0/6 on Michael.

Jagernaut

Skillups are the worst thing in the game. At least I was 2 for 10 on Verche skillups and max skilled him. I have now max skilled every heartbreaker and every mystic knight except Fenrir Knight Kamui.

Zero_IYAD

Am experiencing the exact opposite of you guys!
I got a skill up on every Kitty I fed!
I even got 4 skill ups out of the 5 Apple Drawns I fed to my Hello Kitty World Joker!

I ALWAYS get skill ups on the monsters I don't care about =_=

Edit: Also out of 50 pulls, finally 1 Tamadra..
My very 1st Tamadra from the PAL machine +_+

Kreed

Am experiencing the exact opposite of you guys!
I got a skill up on every Kitty I fed!
I even got 4 skill ups out of the 5 Apple Drawns I fed to my Hello Kitty World Joker!

I ALWAYS get skill ups on the monsters I don't care about =_=

Edit: Also out of 50 pulls, finally 1 Tamadra..
My very 1st Tamadra from the PAL machine +_+

My best skill up monster experience was Valkyrie. It only took 10 monsters and 5 of the skill ups was from one feeding. Echidna can go to hell though.

J0dy77

12 Hera fed, 2 skillups. 20 total pain in the ass mobs to farm, level up, spend stones to farm for 2 skillups. Freaking joke.

I should just sell all of my remaining leeks, they've been taking up box space forever and I've fed him 8 so far with no skillup.

Woah, 12 Hera fed and got 6 skillups, fed 3 at a time and actually got 3/3 on the last feed
(you're a wizard nicoga)
which also meant that Hera-Is is now max skilled! :D:D:D

yami4ct

32 PAL pulls, 1 Rare Evo and 1 +Egg. Man, either I'm unlucky or rates are really low with this PAL event. Last time I was pulling a Rare Evo every 8 or so pulls.

32 PAL pulls, 1 Rare Evo and 1 +Egg. Man, either I'm unlucky or rates are really low with this PAL event. Last time I was pulling a Rare Evo every 8 or so pulls.

Thought it was pretty bad. 35 pulls.

3 keepers (in '5' pull, none in my '10' pulls)
2 + eggs
1 Dub Myth.

Thank RNG for that dub myth, finally was able to ultimate Yomi. Now my Haku team is severely hurting in the RCV department.

Rolling with Haku, Is, D/L Yomi, Echidna. 4th Spot was Ur, but her RCV is killing me. What should I sub in? I have a maxed Gabe there now to boost the RCV. Everything I want to put there hurts in the RCV : Ur, Shiva, W/W Orchi.

J0dy77

2 + eggs
1 Dub Myth.

Thank RNG for that dub myth, finally was able to ultimate Yomi. Now my Haku team is severely hurting in the RCV department.

Rolling with Haku, Is, D/L Yomi, Echidna. 4th Spot was Ur, but her RCV is killing me. What should I sub in? I have a maxed Gabe there now to boost the RCV. Everything I want to put there hurts in the RCV : Ur, Shiva, W/W Orchi.

The main team I've been running for Haku has been:

Haku/Haku leads, DQ Hera, Vamp, Echidna and Neptune. Focusing on dark and water damage with the orb change to dark. Vamp has above average RCV and I run Neptune mainly because his stats are awesome. Hera-IS is a more common substitute for him with similar stats.

With minimal plus eggs outside of Echidna I have 2308 RCV. I'd like to squeeze Hera Ur or even better, Beelzebub now that I evolved him(her?) into the team for burst but I'm not sure if their active skill is really worth it. How much does the 6% per orb really equate to?

Side note: Beelzebub gets my vote for worst art in game.

yami4ct

Man, dungeons on both the technical and normal side really get hard at some point. I'm at the end of both Polar Night Tower and Faithless Temple with No Name and those bosses hit pretty hard, at least for the level I'm currently at. Really feeling like I need to focus on getting resist dragons now.

The main team I've been running for Haku has been:

Haku/Haku leads, DQ Hera, Vamp, Echidna and Neptune. Focusing on dark and water damage with the orb change to dark. Vamp has above average RCV and I run Neptune mainly because his stats are awesome. Hera-IS is a more common substitute for him with similar stats.

With minimal plus eggs outside of Echidna I have 2308 RCV. I'd like to squeeze Hera Ur or even better, Beelzebub now that I evolved him(her?) into the team for burst but I'm not sure if their active skill is really worth it. How much does the 6% per orb really equate to?

Forgot about Vamp. Mine is D/W now, I'm going to see if W/D is worth it or not.

Side note: Beelzebub gets my vote for worst art in game.

Fenrir Knight would like a word

101.jpg

"Im awkward"

Radav

12 Hera fed, 2 skillups. 20 total pain in the ass mobs to farm, level up, spend stones to farm for 2 skillups. Freaking joke.

I should just sell all of my remaining leeks, they've been taking up box space forever and I've fed him 8 so far with no skillup.

Can totally feel your pain there. All that time and effort to watch it all disappear into the ether with nothing to show for it is quite a kick in the nuts. Raising the skillup % on something that takes that amount of effort really shouldn't be too big a deal for them.

So I was encouraged a couple of days ago to reroll based on the monsters I currently have, and to do so during the next Godfest event.
And the Facebook page just announced their next one for tomorrow.

Any of these I should look out for the most? How does this work exactly?

So I was encouraged a couple of days ago to reroll based on the monsters I currently have, and to do so during the next Godfest event.
And the Facebook page just announced their next one for tomorrow.

Any of these I should look out for the most? How does this work exactly?

basically there will be an increased drop rate for these guys by about 3x (3x nothing is still nothing blah blah blah). Starting out, any of the chinese gods will help out a ton. Haku and Kirin are end game worthy. Both Metas are good (moreso Dark). Odins are great as well.

Limit

My pal points acquisition rate has gone down the gutter since conditionals have popped up. Same for everyone else? In some sense this is kind of good because I am less inclined to feel ripped off by leaving Echidna up, which I plan to do this coming weekend.

Jagernaut

2 + eggs
1 Dub Myth.

I like to use D/W Batman or D/D Loki on my Haku team.

yami4ct

Ok guys, I need to figure out what to do with my Rainbow Keeper I farmed out Tuesday. I can either evolve Vampire, Bastet or Isis. My gut tells me to go with Vampire Lord, as Isis doesn't have her ult yet and I don't think I'm skilled enough to really run Bastet reliably yet. Any thoughts?

My pal points acquisition rate has gone down the gutter since conditionals have popped up. Same for everyone else? In some sense this is kind of good because I am less inclined to feel ripped off by leaving Echidna up, which I plan to do this coming weekend.

I'm in the same boat and why i've learned against it. I just run the lower challenge levels with whatever is up.

I like to use D/W Batman or D/D Loki on my Haku team.

nope and nope. Don't have either D:

Tobe

qq, if i max skilled big shynee and evolved to king shynee will it stay max skilled or it will change?

also 3 draggie runs no drops :(
Ok guys, I need to figure out what to do with my Rainbow Keeper I farmed out Tuesday. I can either evolve Vampire, Bastet or Isis. My gut tells me to go with Vampire Lord, as Isis doesn't have her ult yet and I don't think I'm skilled enough to really run Bastet reliably yet. Any thoughts?

go bastet, what your typical combo with isis? 3x and 9x when running duals? i say bastet. getting 3x is a piece of cake adn with another multiplier it gets good, besides with that you can do brainless runs of master tricolor on weekends

yami4ct

qq, if i max skilled big shynee and evolved to king shynee will it stay max skilled or it will change?

also 3 draggie runs no drops :(

go bastet, what your typical combo with isis? 3x and 9x when running duals? i say bastet. getting 3x is a piece of cake adn with another multiplier it gets good, besides with that you can do brainless runs of master tricolor on weekends

I would say my combo-ing is pretty poor. I get 3x almost every time, 4x very regularly, 5x occasionally and anything above that is usually luck of the cascade.

linsivvi

Are we going to set aside a day for tackling challenge mode? I wouldn't mind leaving my Echidna up either, but it would be useless if there's not enough people doing it.

On the other hand, wouldn't this weekend be bad timing with Izanami and Twinlit going on?

Top Bottom