• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

Would reset because the skill changes. Rule of Thumb is if the name is the same, you're good. If the name changes at all, it'll reset.
well that fucking sucks. no way to max skill shynee or any king slimes

I would say my combo-ing is pretty poor. I get 3x almost every time, 4x very regularly, 5x occasionally and anything above that is usually luck of the cascade.

oh i meant dmg multi, but well regular 4 combos, with dual bastet is about 6.25 dmg, but its pretty easy to get the 16x damage.

Musan

Just finished maxing my Shynee. Think it took around 25-30 gold dragons. Helps being able to farm King of Gods, but it definitely took a while.

Limit

Are we going to set aside a day for tackling challenge mode? I wouldn't mind leaving my Echidna up either, but it would be useless if there's not enough people doing it.

On the other hand, wouldn't this weekend be bad timing with Izanami and Twinlit going on?

Someone earlier in the thread suggested weekend, so I'm sticking to that. And I'm sure some in my friends list will be busy tackling these descended dungeons during weekends but others won't be, like always. This weekend is as good as any other weekend for putting Echidna up and helping people out with conditionals.

So with the free stone tomorrow I just need to go through 8 challenge dungeons to get enough stones for a couple of pulls. only 200 stamina...

Does godfest start at midnight tonight, some time tomorrow evening or midnight on saturday?

really don't want to spend any money on this fest, but I want to try for any of these (only have a Haku and even a second one of those is pretty good as a sub in a Haku team).

Ducarmel

which gods should i aim for starting with?

and what do the $$$ gods mean?
$$$
Means you need to pull the rem to get the best subs for that god.

OP god tier list is still incomplete so use vg guide to see what are considered the best starting rolls

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

The next godfest is on the 31 8:pm pst Hero Gods and Chinese Gods, any Chinese god is good but Sakuya and Haku are the best/easiest to beat most of the game with.

Hero gods are still being tested but if you get Pandora maybe you should back up that account and test her out later.

The Special gods are also available but they need more effort to play with.

Gala of Flames will also be on and Ame, Leilan and Horus are the only Fire attribute gods I think are good as leaders.

Jagernaut

So with the free stone tomorrow I just need to go through 8 challenge dungeons to get enough stones for a couple of pulls. only 200 stamina...

Does godfest start at midnight tonight, some time tomorrow evening or midnight on saturday?

really don't want to spend any money on this fest, but I want to try for any of these (only have a Haku and even a second one of those is pretty good as a sub in a Haku team).

Godfest starts tomorrow night at 8 pm pacific/11 pm eastern.

suzaku and byakko!
frankly i don't give a flying fuck sauce about the rest, but i want them!
plus :X
meimei i have
kirinx2
meimeix2
sooooooooo
i just would like a suzaku and i MUST have a byakko..
then blue odin and dtron..
the hero gods are for me situational at best :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
0-stoned Draggie Master, 3-stoned Draggie Legend. I think the Legend clear COULD have been 0-stone if I didn't choke on my combos a few times. Bad-Badtz Maru is pretty excellent at 3x for 5+ combo. The problem is making sure you don't loose focus and make your combos EVERY turn you need them. Also, being able to take 2 hits from Draggie would have made the fight 2-stones for my screw-ups.

Tobe

0-stoned Draggie Master, 3-stoned Draggie Legend. I think the Legend clear COULD have been 0-stone if I didn't choke on my combos a few times. Bad-Badtz Maru is pretty excellent at 3x for 5+ combo. The problem is making sure you don't loose focus and make your combos EVERY turn you need them. Also, being able to take 2 hits from Draggie would have made the fight 2-stones for my screw-ups.

draggie master is easy as shit, dual batman works wonders.

What is the skill-up rate on baby tama's? I read 50% on Puzzle & Dragon Forums...is that true?

Nobody knows what the rate is for baby tamas. People are just going off of what that JP player got. He fed 4 babies to a fruit dragon and got 2 awakenings from it.

So, with the trifruit and twinlit dungeons eventually making their way to weekly dungeons, this means that they'll never be offered as descends, correct?

And I've hit a milestone with my gravity skill-ups. I'm over 40 attempts with zero skill-ups for my gravity monsters. God dammit all.

J0dy77

Fenrir Knight would like a word

101.jpg

"Im awkward"

I knew someone would mention Fenrir. I give him a pass just because he was with the original artwork when the game was new, before Gungho became filthy rich and hired more artists. Beelzebub has no excuse for looking awful.

Can totally feel your pain there. All that time and effort to watch it all disappear into the ether with nothing to show for it is quite a kick in the nuts. Raising the skillup % on something that takes that amount of effort really shouldn't be too big a deal for them.

I wish they did it like a separate leveling process. I'd rather have to feed a set number of mobs than this random nonsense.

And I've hit a milestone with my gravity skill-ups. I'm over 40 attempts with zero skill-ups for my gravity monsters. God dammit all.

Wow log that blows.

As for the Godfest that's actually a pretty damn good one. All the talk of the new mobs has me interested in trying them. A give them a couple rolls.

Musan

you farm King of Gods with a Healer team? Holy shit, what do you run consistently?

I meant I farmed it with my Haku team to get King Golds, since there is no other regularly available source.

For Draggie, I used cdk, vampire, leek, and the evolved dark carbuncle.

you farm King of Gods with a Healer team? Holy shit, what do you run consistently?
I could be wrong, but I took it as farming KoG helped in acquiring all those King Golds to skill-up King Shynee.

edit: Musan confirmed my understanding.

Holy shit! And I thought I had it bad getting only 2 skill-ups in 24 Heras for my D/L Hades. My D/D Hades is at 29 turns, D/L Hades is down to 23, and both DQ and Is Heras are max skilled. I supposed there's really no need to max skill either Hades at this point, but the completionist in me wants to do it, and Hera is just so easy to farm if you have the time.

Probably been asked a million times, but what is the supporting cast for the Bat/Bat team?
Vamp Lord and Dark Dragon Knight are 2 staples on the team. The other 2 slots can be any Dark monsters that meet the requirements, including duplicates of the other monsters already on the team.

Also, for anyone who pulled from the collab REM, Hello Kitty suits this dungeon with 10 cost and 2x ATK/RCV for Fire monsters. Some subs to consider are Echidna, Gigas, Phoenix Knight, etc..

I beat it once while trying out an unevolved TAMADRApurin team. 12.25x ATK beat Legend pretty easily. Subs were Vamp Lord, D/D Batman, Gigas, and Catwoman. Vamp and Gigas were both max-skilled. I could probably optimize the team more, but I just put in the highest ATK with best utility monsters with 10 or lower cost. And I figure with 3 different elements, I'd always be able to do a mass attack with available orbs. I won't bother farming it though, because the drops fucking suck and aren't worth it for 50 stam. Maybe if Draggie didn't need to be evolved to skill-up Ancient Draggie Knight I'd do it, but I'd rather keep my Mythlits than use them to skill-up the lamest "Slime." Now watch, after the dungeon is gone, we'll find out that a max-skilled Ancient Draggie Knight is a key member in a Zombie Dragon farm team.

Colby

Do messages expire? I want to save these PAL points for the next event, but I don't want to accidentally let them expire.

Do messages expire? I want to save these PAL points for the next event, but I don't want to accidentally let them expire.

I've kept messages since the first day I've played, over a year ago. However, I think there is a limit to the number of messages you can keep in your inbox. After a LONG time, I wasn't getting any messages. I was able to verify during event weeks because I wasn't getting my daily free stone message. After clearing some old messages, the new ones would come in.

So to summarize, I haven't had any messages expire, but I have hit a limit on the amount of messages to keep in your inbox.

Hellers

I started playing the EU version when it was released last year. At first on and off but lately I've been logging in every day but mostly running the tricolour dungeons at the weekend when I have more free time.

I nearly rank 30 and up to the Tower of Giants. I have a few basic teams I've been building (Some mono and a couple of multicolour). Are there any things I should be focusing on while I'm levelling to make things smoother or easier? What tips can you give a n00b?

Just tried the second easiest Hello Kitty dungeon and got totally spanked by the three two colour mobs :) That was humiliating

Nista

Well since it looks like the weekly Twinlit dungeon is only marginally easier (less pre-empt damage, but still lame Floor 1) I think it's time to get my butt in gear and try to farm Twinlits this weekend.

I was going to go with the Zeus strategy, but I can't decide what to use for the 4th Sub. I tried it with Valk one time, but she got bound 27 turns or something because of all the binds bounced off of Odin, so I figure I need to stay away from any green subtypes. Zeus is a bit low but if we get gold dragons before the weekend I'll pump him up more.

basically there will be an increased drop rate for these guys by about 3x (3x nothing is still nothing blah blah blah). Starting out, any of the chinese gods will help out a ton. Haku and Kirin are end game worthy. Both Metas are good (moreso Dark). Odins are great as well.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
fuck the drop rate on draggie master, 4 runs no drops.

I had that problem with Draggie last time. I was busy so I didn't have time to build a Legend team, and my Master runs were sporadic. I think I cleared it 4 or 5 times and got nothing. This time, got it on my first clear of Master. Got another for Legend. I have no intention of skilling up or anything, but figured I'd get it out of the way.

Kreed

Peeved that I didn't farm an extra Red Mechdragon. They announced this right after the Red Mechdragon dungeon ended.

Horsecrap.

Thanks for reminding me, I was feeding all of the Ice Mechdragons for awoken skills and stopped farming it/forgot Gungho was doing this.

yami4ct

Man, I hate the Thursday Dungeon. The EXP is terrible, most of the drops are trash and even on double drop days, the drop rate for Fruits is pretty awful. I've run it 5 times so far and only gotten 1 fruit and no invades. I still need like 3-5 more of these for evos. Ugghhhh.

linsivvi

Man, I hate the Thursday Dungeon. The EXP is terrible, most of the drops are trash and even on double drop days, the drop rate for Fruits is pretty awful. I've run it 5 times so far and only gotten 1 fruit and no invades. I still need like 3-5 more of these for evos. Ugghhhh.

I hope you keep all the dragon plants, because eventually you'll have excess fruits which you feed for xp.

yami4ct

I hope you keep all the dragon plants, because eventually you'll have excess fruits which you feed for xp.

Keeping most plants as Pengdra farming is still useful at my level. I occasionally throw some out to keep making room. All seeds go straight to the trash, though.

linsivvi

Keeping most plants as Pengdra farming is still useful at my level. I occasionally throw some out to keep making room. All seeds go straight to the trash, though.

If I can find the space I usually keep around 5 seeds because dark pengdra uses seeds to evolve, but yeah otherwise they are the first to go.

Noirulus

What's a man gotta do to get some mythlits?

I have 6 evolutions on hold because I don't have any mythlits. What's the best way to farm mythlits? Friday dungeon on normal last friday was useless for me, but maybe I'll have better luck with 2x tomorrow.

Tobe

What's a man gotta do to get some mythlits?

I have 6 evolutions on hold because I don't have any mythlits. What's the best way to farm mythlits? Friday dungeon on normal last friday was useless for me, but maybe I'll have better luck with 2x tomorrow.

2x drop secures it. or run tech dungeons on monday which has 1.5x drop rate.

Top Bottom