• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

It's less that they have nine awakenings and more that they have great awakenings. 2x each of skill boost / row enhance? awesome.

EDIT: Wow Dragon Zombie is fucking free. Boss does 21k damage on Legendary but is on 3cd. Just run double resist and he's toast. At least the dungeon provides Vritra skillups.

Does anyone have a link to the metal dragon daily schedule for the European version? It seems to be different to the US version

No clue, none of the usual sites / apps seem to keep track of EU.

bodine1231

Going back and forth on whether to roll or not, I just don't see anything I need anymore. I've been really lucky in past REMs and have pretty much all my bases covered. I have a good descend leader (Horus), farming team (Valk, Perseph, Vamp) and weekend farming team (Ares). I would really like a Haku or Gen by though because I'm just not good at Horus at all and I have a low level Genbu on my alt account and I can activate her with ease. I also have pretty much the perfect Haku team minus the Haku.

Have any of you given up on the REM altogether because there is no lead you need anymore?

Jagernaut

I haven't given up on the rem but I only make a couple of pulls per godfest. I already have good rem only descend leads (Horus, Bastet, Haku, Lucifer, Dark Metatron) so I don't absolutely need anything but I still would like Kirin, Red Sonia, and maybe Pandora. I would also like some non god pulls like Angelion and Gryps Rider to boost my current teams.

Damaniel

Banned
Going back and forth on whether to roll or not, I just don't see anything I need anymore. I've been really lucky in past REMs and have pretty much all my bases covered. I have a good descend leader (Horus), farming team (Valk, Perseph, Vamp) and weekend farming team (Ares). I would really like a Haku or Gen by though because I'm just not good at Horus at all and I have a low level Genbu on my alt account and I can activate her with ease. I also have pretty much the perfect Haku team minus the Haku.

Have any of you given up on the REM altogether because there is no lead you need anymore?

I wish ;) I've only been playing for a few weeks though, so there's lots of stuff I still could use. I have enough stones for 2 REM pulls during Godfest, but I'm debating whether to buy some and make a few extra pulls. I'm not in immediate need, though, since the Luci I pulled from the last Godfest has been really helpful so far.

Also, I actually spent a magic stone to revive in a dungeon today (the first time ever). I was doing Friday Dungeon with a resolve team I put together (my first attempt), and had a synchronization issue in the fourth fight. In the end, I pulled 2 Dub-mythlits, a Dub-emelit and a Dub-topalit from that run, so it wasn't too big of a sacrifice... :)

I haven't given up on the rem but I only make a couple of pulls per godfest. I already have good rem only descend leads (Horus, Bastet, Haku, Lucifer, Dark Metatron) so I don't absolutely need anything but I still would like Kirin, Red Sonia, and maybe Pandora. I would also like some non god pulls like Angelion and Gryps Rider to boost my current teams.

on the other hand my box is quite full of good stuff, but out of stubborness i still want
dtron
haku
bodin

lesser pull (my definition of lesser pull speak lengths about my box atm)
lucifer
ltron

as for the rest, i don't give a shit, i can build pretty much any team as is :X

Hahaha luck goes both ways, eh?

@Cosmo Cheating????

BfDstfnCcAAHAix.jpg:large
for example, happening with pretty much every monster. You'd think they would be less brazen about it...

Kreed

sigh
farlio...
i mean..
i have 1 busty angelion, 1 non busty angelion, 2 farlio..
the farlio dinasty is in my box already ffs...

I honestly hope Farlio gets it because at least it has use outside of just skill ups/is an actual useful sub vs most of the junk monsters on that list. I get people want to skill up the Chinese gods/Hanzo, etc... but for people who don't have those monsters the dungeon would have no use/would just be for a stone. Echidna, Drawn Joker, Vampire, the Knights, all made sense because they were all useful subs on multiple teams and those dungeons are great for beginners.

At the very least, if they're going to make a dungeon for skill up monsters, they should throw them all in there like Poring Tower (all the Chasers/Pirates/etc...).

The thing I don't like about Fairlio is that it can easily be skilled up without the need for a survey dungeon. Everything that's come before were monsters that had no easy method of max skilling, while Big Shynees are easily accessible.

Which is why if Hamahime wins, short of them dumping a Hanzo invade in the dungeon (lol), the next ideal scenario is to give Hamahime a passable evolution so non-Hanzo havers can at least make use of her.

I honestly hope Farlio gets it because at least it has use outside of just skill ups/is an actual useful sub vs most of the junk monsters on that list. I get people want to skill up the Chinese gods/Hanzo, etc... but for people who don't have those monsters the dungeon would have no use/would just be for a stone. Echidna, Drawn Joker, Vampire, the Knights, all made sense because they were all useful subs on multiple teams and those dungeons are great for beginners.

At the very least, if they're going to make a dungeon for skill up monsters, they should throw them all in there like Poring Tower (all the Chasers/Pirates/etc...).

I agree that Fairlio is useful. I disagree completely that it needs to be a survey dungeon. If you roll the REM with any sort of frequency, you've picked up a few
hundred
Fairlios. With Poring, you can already skill it up.

The others, Chinese/Ninjas/etc., don't have anything accessible for skillups. I'd kill for a Haku dungeon

Ducarmel

Yeah it does not make sense for a skill up monster that are useless in any other situation to have its own dungeon. Fairlo, King Slimes, MIK, and Toytops are the only ones that would be useful.

Gungho could easily just put Hamahime in dark survey/ dark other dungeon like Peidra, Dark Knight and Vamp. Same with the other skill up monsters just have them appear in more special dungeons.

J0dy77

The thing I don't like about Fairlio is that it can easily be skilled up without the need for a survey dungeon. Everything that's come before were monsters that had no easy method of max skilling, while Big Shynees are easily accessible.

Which is why if Hamahime wins, short of them dumping a Hanzo invade in the dungeon (lol), the next ideal scenario is to give Hamahime a passable evolution so non-Hanzo havers can at least make use of her.

I agree that Fairlio is useful. I disagree completely that it needs to be a survey dungeon. If you roll the REM with any sort of frequency, you've picked up a few
hundred

The others, Chinese/Ninjas/etc., don't have anything accessible for skillups. I'd kill for a Haku dungeon

I'm with Boss on this one. Please make it the dark seeker or something that you can't easily skillup. Or just make it a Hanzo dungeon, id like to get him.

Before Fairlio got her busty and Healer subtype we used to make joke troll posts about her. "Came for the godfest and all i got was this Fairlio".

Ducarmel

Even if Fairlo is a troll drop for iap players, a worthless dungeon to get a skill up mob does not add anything either to game imo

An easy solution to this problem you could add a master difficulty for all the survey and other dungeons and just have these skill up mobs as normal invade on floor 5 or something.

Kreed

hundred

Personally I have Hanzo and Karin, so I could use those skill ups for my personal game, but I'm just talking about the game as a whole. For example Drawn Joker was the only toy dragon I never pulled from the machine (I've pulled multiples of all the others). So I was glad to get the Drawn Joker dungeon and I'm sure there's some players who have never pulled/gotten Fairlio as hard as that may be to believe.

None of these monsters "need" dungeons though, as excluding the toys, they all have at least one dungeon where you can farm them/get similar skill ups, (I've pulled at least 2 of those Hanzo mobs from the Pal Machine), but if Gungho is going to give something it's own dungeon, at least make it something useful besides a skill up/helpful to only a segment of PAD players.

This would be a good solution I think if the Hanzo monster does win.

suko_32

Personally I have Hanzo and Karin, so I could use those skill ups for my personal game, but I'm just talking about the game as a whole. For example Drawn Joker was the only toy dragon I never pulled from the machine (I've pulled multiples of all the others). So I was glad to get the Drawn Joker dungeon and I'm sure there's some players who have never pulled/gotten Fairlio as hard as that may be to believe.

Unlike Fairlio, Drawn Joker couldn't be skilled up by anything other than itself so there is a difference between the two. Also, it's not like Fairlio is hard to skill up at all.

Well if/when we get the Fairlio I'll just run it for the stone.

So I finally ultimate Evolved my Chu Chu. Now I know King Bubblie is required for Spiking, Max skill Artemis and ADK Zeal for Orb changing, but what else goes into a Balance team?

need another 9x farm team, especially one with more HP and Atk...

Jagernaut

So I finally ultimate Evolved my Chu Chu. Now I know King Bubblie is required for Spiking, Max skill Artemis and ADK Zeal for Orb changing, but what else goes into a Balance team?

need another 9x farm team, especially one with more HP and Atk...

King Bubblie is physical, King Woodsie is balanced. You can also use Fortoytops/bustied Wood/Fire Parvati (not in our version yet), Zeus- Dios, or Robin.

Edit. Also Green Sonia and GOdin.

King Bubblie is physical, King Woodsie is balanced. You can also use Fortoytops/bustied Wood/Fire Parvati (not in our version yet), Zeus- Dios,or Robin.

Ah King Woodsie, ok I'll have to get one of those...

Robin I have, same with Ultimate Fortoytops (though only skill level 2). Zues-Dios maybe eventually...

Hellers

I finally got a nice siren and a couple of runs around the sapphire metal dragon dungeon got her to level 48

Still working my way through the levels and ranking up. Weekends are tricolor time though. Sweet delicious gold

Jagernaut

Ah King Woodsie, ok I'll have to get one of those...

Robin I have, same with Ultimate Fortoytops (though only skill level 2). Zues-Dios maybe eventually...

I added Green Sonia and GOdin, and just remembered Melody and Brachy from Hello Kitty (enhanced green orbs + 1 turn delay).

Tobe

Anubis is like the pyramid schemes of pad. Sure anyone can try to play it, tho only 1% gets to win with it. Everybody else is just sad.
Probably kushi is the combo lead to go. Then Bastet. 16x falls short in most cases.

Kreed

proposal
new tier in the guide for starting pull!
Skill Tier
498.png
803.png
9280.png

494.png
807.png

dat #ONETRUEGOD#

Previously we called that Tier Savant, and it was reserved for Anubis and Ra. Robin could go in there, but Robin is not a starting pull monster and is only available in the Batman machine, so starting players would not/could not wait around trying to pull for a Batman character.

Kushinadahime, Bastet and Okuninushi are not difficult to activate/aren't any more difficult to activate than Horus/Kirin/etc..., so most people don't include them in that type of list.

Previously we called that Tier Savant, and it was reserved for Anubis and Ra. Robin could go in there, but Robin is not a starting pull monster and is only available in the Batman machine, so starting players would not/could not wait around trying to pull for a Batman character.

Kushinadahime, Bastet and Okuninushi are not difficult to activate/aren't any more difficult to activate than Horus/Kirin/etc..., so most people don't include them in that type of list.
well activating kushinadahime below a certain treshhold place her in a WORST tier than typical 2atk/2something lead :)

So Challenge mode.

I think Izanagi really shines in Challenge mode. He can spike (only to 7 but that is pretty good), you can use all kinds of awesome Friends gods that are max leveled and egged (and frequently really skilled up as well).

the other Type teams can spike higher (up to 9) but they require a friend to run a King slime, which doesn't happen. Izanagi already has it.

The light ultimate Zues evolve might be better all around (can't use Valkyrie with Izanagi) but since I can't run twinlits, this makes for some real quick challenge levels.

Tobe

drop rates/skill up on this event have been really shit.

im gonna buy me some stone, 5 rolls and the rest for descends and leveling up fast.

HK dungeon sucks because well no good drops but that exp is really good.

drop rates/skill up on this event have been really shit.

im gonna buy me some stone, 5 rolls and the rest for descends and leveling up fast.

HK dungeon sucks because well no good drops but that exp is really good.

how do things change!
yesterday tobe was god of unluck... symbol of gungho-trolling!
now he strategize, runs multiple teams and speaks freely about descent!
gotta love how we younglings are growing laying on the bosom of padgaf!

Tobe

how do things change!
yesterday tobe was god of unluck... symbol of gungho-trolling!
now he strategize, runs multiple teams and speaks freely about descent!
gotta love how we younglings are growing laying on the bosom of padgaf!

feed the gunho god enough money and he will shine upon you.

damisa

I ran the shrine of spirits expert 6 times with no Dub-mythlit drops, then pulled 50 times on the pal machine, also no Dub-mythlit. :(

Jinko

I ran the shrine of spirits expert 6 times with no Dub-mythlit drops, then pulled 50 times on the pal machine, also no Dub-mythlit. :(

Yea I've run it 5 times and only got one Dub-mythlit and that was only because of an invade.

They pretty much never drop on round 5.

Wish you could evo 1 of each colour to make a Dub-mythlit.

Just stumbled across a video of the up coming arcade game, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihhVXKy6gfo

Looks so good, this could work on a Wii-U .. right .. lol :p ?

yami4ct

Man, I feel lucky. Did like 6 runs today and got 5 Dub-Myths. I honestly wasn't even going for them. I wanted two Dub-Emlits which took forever to drop. Desire sensor is go, I guess.

Ducarmel

GrOdin, dup.
Haku, Finally, still missing Leilan maybe next time.
Sun Wukong, wanted Pandora but he will do for now.

Two rolls
Yamatu Takeru
Phoenix Knight Homura

Is that any good?

I really wanted Pandora.
Yamatu is good but he needs orb changers and fire att enhance awakening subs to realize his true potential like all the other Hero Gods. Homura is a farmable monster so he is a bad pull but is a decent sub for Yamatu.

Top Bottom