• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i'm at 40s with mine...might be higher after emeralds today

I'm going to max mine today (she's 86 I think). After that, I'm going to focus on my DJ and second Hera. I think Hera/Hera/Hera-Is would be better than Hera/Hades/Hera-Is due to stats. DJ is only slvl 2, but if I have enough HP, it may not be TOO much of an issue...I'd kill to max skill mine.

Jagernaut

Zeus dios looked a lot harder than it was. Horus/Horus zero stoned it for me. Having him weak to fire really helps with 3 red mobs.

I'm debating whether to use the same team you used (Horus/Orochi/Echidna/Rose Valkyrie/Wolf King Cu Chulain/Horus) or run with a double Lucifer team. My Horus team is not maxed, I have about 11,500 hp without counting the Horus friend.

Did you have enough time to charge Orochi? Also, the Horus strategy means you have to 1 hit ko Highlander, right?

J0dy77

That's a good point.

I COULD Kirin it (or Horus, although my Horus is severely under-leveled) and go burst. But it just seems like a lot of burst to pump out in the dungeon. What did your Horus team look like? I may focus on getting Horus ready if that's the smart move.

Definitely run Kirin. The Double Gravity and 9x damage will easy make up for the fire damage. Kirin is so much better than Horus on so many levels.

Gonna give that a try then. Still don't have Valkyrie or any prominent white pets though.

I didn't want to make the team sound easy. When I ran it all of my mobs were maxed with over 500 + eggs across all members. I wouldn't go in under leveled unless you're willing to spend stones.

I'm debating whether to use the same team you used (Horus/Orochi/Echidna/Rose Valkyrie/Wolf King Cu Chulain/Horus) or run with a double Lucifer team. My Horus team is not maxed, I have about 11,500 hp without counting the Horus friend.

Did you have enough time to charge Orochi? Also, the Horus strategy means you have to 1 hit ko Highlander, right?

I'm trying to remember the team I used. I just remember watching the tubegame video and thinking, "how the f am I going to do this" and then wiped the dungeon pretty easy. Let me go back and check.

Edit: Here's the Kirin/Kirin video. If I run it again I'll run the same team composition with Horus/Kirin. It's pretty easy to stall in this dungeon on Seigfried. He locks out red for 10 turns that let's a horus team match hearts at will and not worry about damage. You can burst ChuChu on turn one and just keep healing back from Seigfried damage. Use Echidna if you run out of hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GgfBciOAI

Here's a common Horus team run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81fAaeE8Fhs

I'm pretty sure my team was: Horus/Horus - Viper, Echidna, Chu, Valk.

Even better team might be: Horus/Kirin - Viper, Echidna, Susano, Chu or Vamp

or if you don't have Viper: Horus/Kirin - Echidna, Hera-Is, Chu, Vamp.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Definitely run Kirin. The Double Gravity and 9x damage will easy make up for the fire damage. Kirin is so much better than Horus on so many levels.

Edit: Here's the Kirin/Kirin video. If I run it again I'll run the same team composition with Horus/Kirin. It's pretty easy to stall in this dungeon on Seigfried. He locks out red for 10 turns that let's a horus team match hearts at will and not worry about damage. You can burst ChuChu on turn one and just keep healing back from Seigfried damage. Use Echidna if you run out of hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GgfBciOAI

First, I need to farm +eggs SO bad. I wish there were increased chances of them appearing. I OoH is fine, but it's slow. I need to figure this out.

Second - that Dios kill combo? Fucking SICK. The way he did a manual Change the World like that? My jaw actually dropped in watching that. Pro.

J0dy77

First, I need to farm +eggs SO bad. I wish there were increased chances of them appearing. I OoH is fine, but it's slow. I need to figure this out.

Second - that Dios kill combo? Fucking SICK. The way he did a manual Change the World like that? My jaw actually dropped in watching that. Pro.

Yeah that last match he does is insane. How the heck do you get a 9 combo from a standard board? His team is complete overkill though. He one shots Zeus, having an extra 3 turns with delay makes it a lot easier. I have 150 + on Horus, 50 + on Echidna and used a +297 friend. That's not that hard to find.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
J0dy, I'm linking your post with Kirin/Horus team comps in the OP so folks can quick find it after this page is buried. Thanks for your thoughts and info, ha.

Yoritomo

So this game is a bitch to get to work on a rooted note 3.

I just gave up. But how the hell are there almost exact clones of the game that have better assets, design, and work with more devices?

So I'm playing a clone.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I just gave up. But how the hell are there almost exact clones of the game that have better assets, design, and work with more devices?

So I'm playing a clone.

Clones are just that - clones. PAD has been going strong for a while. If you're not in it for the long haul (don't plan on spending money, only want to play for a few days/weeks), clones are fine. PAD is evolving, slowly, but it is growing. Many of us here are 200+ days deep (I'm closing in on my 300 day login!). It's a matter of preference and commitment.

As for rooting - I have zero experience with it. It DOES suck that the game doesn't work on all devices.

Kyu

Neo Member

So I'm playing a clone.

US version works fine with root. I'm running a custom rom with root and haven't done anything special.

The Jp version on the other hand...

coy

Glad another event is returning so soon! Bursting at the seams with box space. Also gonna try my hand at Satan and maybe Dios if I can get more levels. Can't believe how long the event will last, too. Will be a fun week+.

bjork

Do you have poison?

Nope. My team's HP, even with a helper, is rarely about 6-7k. So I can endure one hit, but if there are two and they go on the same turn, I'm dead. I think I'm just gonna try and max who I have for now, some still have a ways to go before they're maxed.

Ducarmel

Nope. My team's HP, even with a helper, is rarely about 6-7k. So I can endure one hit, but if there are two and they go on the same turn, I'm dead. I think I'm just gonna try and max who I have for now, some still have a ways to go before they're maxed.

are you using a zombie team or are you actually trying to fight them normally as with any other dungeon.

zombie and healer leader with low hp monsters should work.

Read this guide maybe you have the monsters to do it.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=6311

The point of a zombie team is to get hit and live and heal back just enough to take another hit, the only problem is you have to avoid getting hit twice in one turn. So remember to target enemies on the same timer and kill one of them before it attacks or your screwed.

here is an example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjrEhUV_eX8

Let a shiva friend (or ultimate-evolved) android help you. Provided you can stall for 22 turns, it makes Wednesday and Friday dungeons easy.

Yoritomo

US version works fine with root. I'm running a custom rom with root and haven't done anything special.

The Jp version on the other hand...

Weird, my note 3 is being a bitch about running it. Black screen It attempts to launch and gets a black screen then immediately exits.

Clones are just that - clones. PAD has been going strong for a while. If you're not in it for the long haul (don't plan on spending money, only want to play for a few days/weeks), clones are fine. PAD is evolving, slowly, but it is growing. Many of us here are 200+ days deep (I'm closing in on my 300 day login!). It's a matter of preference and commitment.

As for rooting - I have zero experience with it. It DOES suck that the game doesn't work on all devices.

I had played for about a month on my wife's iphone. Was really excited to get it working on my note 3. I can't find anything online other than the root detection issue but that's only for the jp version. I have no clue. I'll try it again next update but until then I guess I'm playing dragon and sword :(

Kyu

Neo Member
Weird, my note 3 is being a bitch about running it. Black screen It attempts to launch and gets a black screen then immediately exits.

Might be a note 3 problem. I have a nexus 4 and 7. Both rooted and running it. Might try the support page. I had a similar problem with my nexus 4 a few versions back

If I remember correctly, it's not necessarily easy to kill just highlander on the first level of Zeus Dios. I remember having a lot of trouble with that part of the strategy. Though I may have just been getting bad boards.

Musan

Well that depends on the Chinese god youre talking about. The best Byakko team is 100% farmable (Hera-Ur, Hera-IS, Seigfried, echidna. You could even drop in vamp, Fenrir or rgg if you wanted). I'm not sure about the other Chinese gods but Kirin teams are all farmable as well.

Yeah I'll be stocking up here. That's a ton of gold and exp.

Loki's a better fit than Hera-Ur for dealing with multiple bosses. Also, I can sub in Idunna and Blue Odin for fire descends. Yes, Kirin has easy to find subs, but the 3.5x Chinese Gods have a tougher time, while I do agree that Haku has it easiest out of the four.

If you have an Elemental (2.5x HP to their color) or Archangel/Noel Dragon(2xHP/RCV to their color) you can pair up with a similar monster and try running a monocolor high HP team on Shrine of Sprites. With that HP pool you can tank multiple dub hits, and two turns of matches are enough to kill one dub.

I now only run Wed/Fri dungeons with that type of team because it's so much safer, but with a complete inability to heal you may need support from orb changers or skills that bypass defense to make it work.

Zero_IYAD

A few questions regarding the next event:
-Those who managed to Max skill Parvati, mine is at Skill Lvl 3 & I got 40 Cacti so far..
How many did it take to Max skill her for you? I can farm ECO dungeon more, I still got around 40 free spots in my box to fill.

- Zeus-Drios & Satan are out of question for me till now, but what about Zeus, can I take him down with a mono-dark team double Luci leads?
Already got Hera, Goemon, Valkyrie.. I guess it's about time I take down Zeus & Hera-Is

- Is my mono-dark team safe to tackle Heroes Descended? Highlander would be a nice addition to my box.

- Does the new bonus on Normal Dungeons stack? So we can farm OoH with much much better drop rate on the weekend?

That's a pretty great event! 12 stones + Higher drop rate in normal dungeons + 1/2 stamina on the weekend dungeon!
Time to rank up as much as I can, gotta hit 100 stamina already >_<

JWong

Banned

I've been able to beat those kinds of daily dungeon with a resolve team + healer.

-Those who managed to Max skill Parvati, mine is at Skill Lvl 3 & I got 40 Cacti so far..
How many did it take to Max skill her for you? I can farm ECO dungeon more, I still got around 40 free spots in my box to fill.
Speaking strictly from a statistics standpoint, this is a variation on the negative binomial process. From that, the numbers of feeds you should expect before s skillups occur is s / r, where r is the current skillup rate. I think. Since you need 4 more skillups you should expect to feed 20 more ECO Cacti during events, assuming probability works perfectly, which it never does in this game of course.

Zero_IYAD

Speaking strictly from a statistics standpoint, this is a variation on the negative binomial process. From that, the numbers of feeds you should expect before s skillups occur is s / r, where r is the current skillup rate. I think. Since you need 4 more skillups you should expect to feed 20 more ECO Cacti during events, assuming probability works perfectly, which it never does in this game of course.
I hate math x_x

ZeroAKA

If you have an Elemental (2.5x HP to their color) or Archangel/Noel Dragon(2xHP/RCV to their color) you can pair up with a similar monster and try running a monocolor high HP team on Shrine of Sprites. With that HP pool you can tank multiple dub hits, and two turns of matches are enough to kill one dub.

I now only run Wed/Fri dungeons with that type of team because it's so much safer, but with a complete inability to heal you may need support from orb changers or skills that bypass defense to make it work.
Yep, dual Lucifer makes those dungeons a joke. Dual Noel Dragon works well too, which was what I used before getting Luci.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

- Zeus-Drios & Satan are out of question for me till now, but what about Zeus, can I take him down with a mono-dark team double Luci leads?
Already got Hera, Goemon, Valkyrie.. I guess it's about time I take down Zeus & Hera-Is

- Is my mono-dark team safe to tackle Heroes Descended? Highlander would be a nice addition to my box.

- Does the new bonus on Normal Dungeons stack? So we can farm OoH with much much better drop rate on the weekend?

That's a pretty great event! 12 stones + Higher drop rate in normal dungeons + 1/2 stamina on the weekend dungeon!

Zeus is still kind of tough, mostly because of how hard he hits. If you get really lucky, you can do 4x gravity + MS, heal, MS to kill him. If he's on a 1 turn timer, you have to spend a stone at that point. The chimeras are also a bitch.

1) I maxed my Parvati in about 30 feeds I think. 40 should be plenty to get four more skillups, but you may want to take a "better safe than sorry" approach. You can always feed leftovers to Toytops.

2) I think I beat Zeus with a Lucifer team at one point, though it might have included Zeus as a sub. You need as much gravity as possible. You want to be able to one shot Zeus, but you'd need four gravities to do that. Stalling on Zeus is tough since he hits so hard, but it's possible.

3) I think a Lucifer build will be fine on Two Heroes.

4) Chances are slim that the bonuses stack.

J0dy77

I ran Friday dungeon twice today and got two Dubs during non event. I may play the lottery.

Think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and reverse my light neptune. Someone push me over the edge.

I ran Friday dungeon twice today and got two Dubs during non event. I may play the lottery.

Think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and reverse my light neptune. Someone push me over the edge.

Devil > Physical and a better resist combo for the rare times you need it. Not a huge priority change but I can't see that being a incorrect choice.

Nista

If I can ever get a big enough pile of dubs I'm going to do it to mine as well. I'd rather have him as an option for my devil team.

I need to finish leveling up Chu Chu so I can spend my green stuff on Asty instead. I'm so fail at farming any of the Hera dungeons because of being busy at work, so my counter team is still pretty weak. How do you guys get enough RCV to tank up the harder bosses?

I need to finish leveling up Chu Chu so I can spend my green stuff on Asty instead. I'm so fail at farming any of the Hera dungeons because of being busy at work, so my counter team is still pretty weak. How do you guys get enough RCV to tank up the harder bosses?

I get juiced leaders from the Facebook group and just have good solid leveled subs on my teams.

J0dy77

Devil > Physical and a better resist combo for the rare times you need it. Not a huge priority change but I can't see that being a incorrect choice.

Yeah, I broke down and made the change. I just hated wasting all of those evo mats. At least I got a couple levels of experience out of the whole thing. My satan team is looking pretty nasty now:

4ZWC7Jrl.jpg

So following SoftBank/GungHo buying Supercell and Supercell's Hay Day coming out in Japan apparently yesterday, makes me wonder if we'll see a collab for that game too.

xCobalt

Yeah, I broke down and made the change. I just hated wasting all of those evo mats. At least I got a couple levels of experience out of the whole thing. My satan team is looking pretty nasty now:

I'm starting to form my satan team too. My subs are Loki, Duke, Hera and I'm not sure about the last slot. Probably King Baddie but if we ever get the chance to skill up Drawn Joker, I'd probably go with that. The team has a nice mix of enhanced orbs and extra damage from clearing a row.

Zero_IYAD

Zeus is still kind of tough, mostly because of how hard he hits. If you get really lucky, you can do 4x gravity + MS, heal, MS to kill him. If he's on a 1 turn timer, you have to spend a stone at that point. The chimeras are also a bitch.

1) I maxed my Parvati in about 30 feeds I think. 40 should be plenty to get four more skillups, but you may want to take a "better safe than sorry" approach. You can always feed leftovers to Toytops.

2) I think I beat Zeus with a Lucifer team at one point, though it might have included Zeus as a sub. You need as much gravity as possible. You want to be able to one shot Zeus, but you'd need four gravities to do that. Stalling on Zeus is tough since he hits so hard, but it's possible.

3) I think a Lucifer build will be fine on Two Heroes.

4) Chances are slim that the bonuses stack.

It took me 20 feeds to max Parvati, she already had 1 skillup from a dupe Toytops.
Wow! Zeus sounds nasty!
So my usual team of:
Luci
Drk/Lt Hades
Hera
2 Optional Spots: RK, Max Vampire Lord, Choas Devil Dragon, Siren, Echidna, Drawn Joker, Machine Golem Mk.III
Luci (Friend)

.. won't work?!
Am willing to throw 1-3 stones if the previous floors are easy to pass with my team, aside from that, no rush really to get him at this point, am busy as hell levelling my current gods.

& thanks for the response on Parvati, will keep farming ECO Expert today & tomorrow, as you guys said, a few extra won't hurt & they can always go to Toytops after maxing Parvati : )

1/3 of my friends list are Valks. whoa

This whole 'sort by + eggs and not levels' is staggeringly stupid. It makes perfect sense why lvl 40 with +10 eggs on it should be higher than lvl 99 w/ 0 + eggs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'll look into it with you, but you likely won't be able to kill him fast enough with only 1-3 stones. I think I spent 5-7 on my first Zeus kill? It was embarrassing, but I was at the point of no return. It was basically "buy a Zeus" back then.

J0dy77

I'm starting to form my satan team too. My subs are Loki, Duke, Hera and I'm not sure about the last slot. Probably King Baddie but if we ever get the chance to skill up Drawn Joker, I'd probably go with that. The team has a nice mix of enhanced orbs and extra damage from clearing a row.

I have a drawn joker from a recent troll fest but he's nowhere near ready. I liked these mobs just because they have really high overall stats. I'd definitely want to fit a King Baddie or Loki (don't have loki but working on baddie). Problem with the blobs though, they have such shit stats.

For those of you thinking to run Dios with dual Lucifer, I'd like to recommend you don't.

If you do the math, you will have to do six gravities on Dios before two Morning Stars will kill him. That's a lot of stalling, and he hits so hard that that is extremely difficult, and that's assuming you won't be using skills on Hera (which you will be doing), who can also instantly kill you when her HP hits critical (and so can Griffin). Pre-emptive attacks also means that you can't end certain rounds with Morning Star without expecting to burn a stone.

Spike team is pretty much the only realistic way for this.

I'll look into it with you, but you likely won't be able to kill him fast enough with only 1-3 stones. I think I spent 5-7 on my first Zeus kill? It was embarrassing, but I was at the point of no return. It was basically "buy a Zeus" back then.

My first Zeus was using the Vamp/Zeus dark team that was recommended at the time. I stupidly continued even though my Chimeras were out of sync. Cost me double digits. I don't even know the recommended setup nowadays. Pretty sure I could farm it with SoD Lucifer/Hera/Hera-Is/Zeus/DA Lucifer/SoD Lucifer, though I'm sure there is a faster way.

Edit: I forgot that this dungeon is riddled with binds. Dual Lucifer might not actually be a good idea...

Giard

So there is going to be a Clash of Clans collab... are there any monsters that are worth getting? The dragon doesn't seem to be half-bad.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So there is going to be a Clash of Clans collab... are there any monsters that are worth getting? The dragon doesn't seem to be half-bad.

CoC
k
Healer is a big deal for some reason. I have her but don't use her. I prefer my 2 Valks. :3

lenni

PEKKA is worth getting, but pretty rare. CoC Healer will be obsolete when Angelion gets healer subtype. The rest is really only for skill ups.

CoC Glorious Healer makes hearts for your valks to eat and is healer type, unlike Farlio in the current (but not future) US PAD version. So it was a way to get even more burst out of the King Shynee turn.

I have a Freyr and Freya, and am torn. Both are tremendously good in their own way and having their times down would be helpful. But feeding Keepers to do so for the ones that drop unevolved sucks complete ass.

Top Bottom