• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

I still can't reliably 0 stone Twinlit but at least I got a bunch of them now. Also figured out the reason why the targeting wasn't working the way I planned last time: Mass attack is applied last.

Got dark Izanami to drop in legendary. Wondering if I should brute force Mythical. Maybe I'll just take a peek and go ahead if it's the light one.

J0dy77

I still can't reliably 0 stone Twinlit but at least I got a bunch of them now. Also figured out the reason why the targeting wasn't working the way I planned last time: Mass attack is applied last.

Got dark Izanami to drop in legendary. Wondering if I should brute force Mythical. Maybe I'll just take a peek and go ahead if it's the light one.

Izanami Mythical, 2 stones, got the light one.
Izanami Legend 0 stone, got nothing and it was the dark one. :(

Cleared Izanami Legend with Horus/Kirin. I brought Angelion and Vamp as subs for the extra healing and heart orbs. Don't think there is any shot I can do mythical but want to give it a try when I get the stamina back. Had the dark version appear and no drop (of course).

Wanchan

Finally got dark after so many light appearing, now to find a use for those 2 Izanami....i guess they seems good to lazy farm weekly dungeon or stuff that doesn't require a good HP pool (challenge mode low-mid level)..

Third time clear of Twinlits and my first 0 stone, feels good. Got a third Angelit though, would rather have dark ones but I'm just happy to have made it.

Ran the same team as last time but changed Vamp to D/W Bats, never actually activated him though as I forgot about it on the first turn at the lits and got a lot of cascades to one shot them.

Aside from the first floor it's a pretty fun dungeon. Had a bit of luck with heart orbs that helped me survive for a few turns while I had two Mythlits up.

Kreed

Went after Izanami with a variation of the team I saw on chinese pad.wikia:

Awoken Odin
Hera-Is
Zeus
Vritra
Lucifer
Awoken Amaterasu

Only my friend's leader had plus eggs. Really safe team as long as your HP is around 19K for Mythical. For most of the dungeon you charge up your skills every round and then use the two Gravities and Lucifer to finish off foes when they are at half health or less up until you get to Izanami (however on the first round don't use Lucifer to finish off the second/last demon otherwise you will get killed by the preemptive attack by Divinegon in round 2). Once you get to Izanami (hopefully it's the light one) I would say wait until 40% and then unload the gravities, Lucifer, and finish her off with Vritra and Odin (Odin's move now having the ability to heal is incredibly useful for the entire dungeon but make sure you don't use it before Vritra).

Dark Izanami can be done the same way, it's just the poison orbs and orb movement limits really make this battle much longer than it had to be.

Radav

I'm skipping it this time. I think I can clear Legend, probably can't do Mythical. But she's a luxury monster by all accounts, so I have no use for her.

Feel the same way. Concentrating more on twinlits. What am I going to do with all these devilits? lol I've got 7 of them sitting in storage and I'm of course in need of 4 more angelits. Gah this game's and it's "RNG" can be so annoying.

with Ripper Dragon becoming Orb Changer after the update, wouldn't they be pretty useful?

imo it still takes too many turns to come online, and theres no easy way to skill them up. Heartbreakers/ninjas/knights will always be better because they can be activated every 5 turns.

J0dy77

My 8 Skill Boost Ra/TAMADRApurin team didn't pan out as expected in Twinlits. Everything went as planned until the Twins.

Turn 1: Nuke with Light Whiskey then mass attack to sweep Mythlits.
Turn 2: Make match to charge Ra.
Turn 3: Zap with Ra
Turn 4-? Menace. Kill Dub-myths. Charge skills and set-up board on TAMA.
Boss rd: Board was set-up to do a 6-match combo including a mass Light and Wood attack. There were 9 total Light orbs in the combo. With TAMApurin's skill, Light attacks were boosted to 42x ATK (84x vs Devilit). Unfortunately, I didn't get a single skyfall match. So, the 6-match combo only took off a little more than half of the Twins' health. Much less than I was expecting. With only 3 more turns to attack I was orb trolled for the next 2 turns. On the last turn I got all colors on the board, but the damage wasn't enough to kill the Twins before they attacked and killed me.

Back to Olympios.

I meant to ask you about this. That sucks to hear. Wouldn't it be worth another try though? That seems like extremely bad luck. I would have thought that first match would have taken off a lot more damage as well?

Zero_IYAD

For Izanami
Am running Bastet/Bastet, Hera-Is, Hera-Ur, L/L Zeus, Luci
So far I cleared Legend 18 times, zero stoned every single run.
Encountered Dark Izanami 8 times & got her drop twice.
& encountered Light Izanami 10 times & she never dropped, & this is driving me crazy x_X
Horrible luck today!
Will be back after I catch the Light bitch :mad:

Even with Twinlits/Trifruits in PAL it might still not be worth rolling; the chances seem astronomically low to pull one. At least I got a Purple Chaser out of the thing I guess??

yami4ct

Even with Twinlits/Trifruits in PAL it might still not be worth rolling; the chances seem astronomically low to pull one. At least I got a Purple Chaser out of the thing I guess??

Were you pulling on the Japanese one? High level evos aren't in the us PAL yet as far as I know. I just spent the 8 pulls I saved up on my Japanese account and ended up getting 3 mythlits, an Angelit and a +egg. Either I'm really lucky for that Angelit pull or I you got really unlucky. Who knows with PAD?

Feel the same way. Concentrating more on twinlits. What am I going to do with all these devilits? lol I've got 7 of them sitting in storage and I'm of course in need of 4 more angelits. Gah this game's and it's "RNG" can be so annoying.

Yeah, it seems pretty one sided...but i'd hold on to all of these guys. Better to have them when we maybefinallyeventually get the Egyptian ultimates.

with Ripper Dragon becoming Orb Changer after the update, wouldn't they be pretty useful?

Long CD with no real way to skill up and brutal RCV. I've only used them on Super Metal Dragons so far when I don't have any short-CD dragons.

I'm not rolling for evo materials anymore. The pull rate is terrible compared to jeweled dragons. With Jeweled dragons I seem to get at least 1 or 2 per 10 rolls....

coy

I could use some angelits as I've only seen devilits. Means I can busty Shiva but not Zeus if this persists. Also, my tama luck has carried over as only dubs have dropped on my clears. Thankfully, I can 0-stone the place with more consistency than last time. Hopefully 6.4 takes its time to release for us.

E:
"F it. I'll pull just once."

Dark Metatron

AWWWWW YEAAAA-UH!

Wow! I can never yolo pull so something like this has yet to happen but love reading when it does for others. Enjoy!

Ok Izanagi stage 1. Do the ogres always start synced? I think I can brute force this one with busty Ammy and green ogre but only if that stage isn't synced.

If they alwaYs start synced I'll wait until next time and get some more levels to tank the 18k second hit

I meant to ask you about this. That sucks to hear. Wouldn't it be worth another try though? That seems like extremely bad luck. I would have thought that first match would have taken off a lot more damage as well?
Nah. Only thing this team does better is guarantee clearance of 1F and 2F. I actually almost lost in 3F because the rainbow nature of the team and lack of orb changer made it hard to get maximum damage each turn. I had to do a few mass attacks to kill both Dubs within 8 turns. But that also put TAMA into dangerously low health, so a couple unlucky cascades would've sent me to the Twins prematurely. And with a rainbow team it was hard not damaging TAMA with each match. Finally, I wasn't expecting to do so little damage against the Twins either. I can clear it easily with dual Olympios, but those Wraths of God makes a huge difference, taking off over 3 million combined health alone. Plus being able to concentrate most of the board in Light orbs highlights the weakness of Ra. Needing all 5 colors to attack means each color is diluted. If I need to rely on skyfall combos to clear the dungeon then it requires even more luck than an Olympios team. And at least with an Olympios team, if you're going to fail the dungeon, it's going to be on 1F. With this team you could waste a lot of time before finally failing on 3F or 4F.

I'm on my first Mythical Izanami run right now, using the suggested team on PADX.

GrOdin
Luci +297
Olympios +297
Hera-Is
DQ Hera
Amaterasu +99 RCV

Olympios and both Heras are max skilled and all monsters fully awoken. Will update on whether I succeed or fail. Just finished 1F with synched mobs and it was easier than expected even though I had to manually heal between attacks. I recommend attacking the Dark one first since it has 0 defense and the Light one will reduce weak attacks to only 1 damage.

Monstrike trying to get that Kancolle crowd
4X1TfTE.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana-class_battleship (I think)

Zero_IYAD

18 runs, 0 stoned on Izanami - Legend gave me two of this:

tumblr_n0drflLr641srgzyyo1_500.jpg

1 run, 2 stoned on Izanami - Mythical gave me this:

tumblr_n0drg3d0XV1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

& am done with this shitty dungeon forever :|

Kreed

Ok Izanagi stage 1. Do the ogres always start synced? I think I can brute force this one with busty Ammy and green ogre but only if that stage isn't synced.

If they alwaYs start synced I'll wait until next time and get some more levels to tank the 18k second hit

The Ogres/demons are always synced. Do you mean to run Green Odin and Amaterasu instead of Green Ogre? Because yes, Green Odin will work.

I'm on my first Mythical Izanami run right now, using the suggested team on PADX.

GrOdin
Luci +297
Olympios +297
Hera-Is
DQ Hera
Amaterasu +99 RCV

Olympios and both Heras are max skilled and all monsters fully awoken. Will update on whether I succeed or fail. Just finished 1F with synched mobs and it was easier than expected even though I had to manually heal between attacks. I recommend attacking the Dark one first since it has 0 defense and the Light one will reduce weak attacks to only 1 damage.

I ran/posted a similar team earlier except I used Vritra in place of DQ Hera. You should be fine though, especially if you get Light Izanami.

The Ogres/demons are always synced. Do you mean to run Green Odin and Amaterasu instead of Green Ogre? Because yes, Green Odin will work.

Yes I meant Green Odin, stupid autocorrect.

Well if they are always synced I'll call it quits on inazami today. Just can't put enough HP together to clear it while keeping the rest of them teAm.

Tobe

now, its all up to leveling up the dtron team which is complete. i got subs and key members ONLINE, online needing that hp threshold really high, descends really hurt and they hurt a lot.

Dtron
D/L Yomi
Hino kaga(need to farm the evo mats)
Gryps
Arthur
Dino & Marine (in case i need color specific damage)
Hanzo
D/D Bats
Anubis (not really a priority since his ult evo is gonna come in about 2 months or more)

man if there was an attacker heartbreaker this team would WRECK EVERYTHING (besides ares)

i could try to farm a king flamie for that extro oomhp

Genji

"F it. I'll pull just once."

Dark Metatron

AWWWWW YEAAAA-UH!

Congrats :) Can't get any better than that for a yolo pull.

now, its all up to leveling up the dtron team which is complete. i got subs and key members ONLINE, online needing that hp threshold really high, descends really hurt and they hurt a lot.

Dtron
D/L Yomi
Hino kaga(need to farm the evo mats)
Gryps
Arthur
Dino & Marine (in case i need color specific damage)
Hanzo
D/D Bats
Anubis (not really a priority since his ult evo is gonna come in about 2 months or more)

man if there was an attacker heartbreaker this team would WRECK EVERYTHING

i could try to farm a king flamie for that extro oomhp

You have some great subs for Dtron! Main one you might be missing is Ares. Just need a ton of tamas. I'm in a similar situation, except for Pandora. Need around 5 tamas minimum to get all the row enhances, much more than that if I want to get all the skill boosts. Will be a slow process, only 1 tama in 8 clears of twinlits over the last 2 events.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I finally got an Odin. Not what I wanted from the godfest, but I'll take it. Girlfriend pulled andromeda, so she's happy, too. We both had 5 painful rolls before that.

Tobe

Congrats :) Can't get any better than that for a yolo pull.

You have some great subs for Dtron! Main one you might be missing is Ares. Just need a ton of tamas. I'm in a similar situation, except for Pandora. Need around 5 tamas minimum to get all the row enhances, much more than that if I want to get all the skill boosts. Will be a slow process, only 1 tama in 8 clears of twinlits over the last 2 events.

yup, leveling and awakening, 4 on dtron, 3 on hanzo, 6 in gryps and arthur. right now is just leveling up fast to be ready for the next twinlits. thats tamas and potential skill up attempt on dtron.

Okay. 0-stoned Mythical Izanami. Played off and on for a while but pulled it off. You really need to pay attention to health percentages to know when to pop skills. I got Light Izanami. Due to her 10 turn active skill bind, you need to kill her when she gives you a chance to use them. But make sure you don't get her below 30% health before that.

hermit7

Well just leveled and fed my red snow globe dragon. Along with a king red got a jumbo double exp and leveled my Horus from level 46 or so to 97.

Feeling pretty good right now.

Just cleared Legend with Sakuya. Was pretty easy. Got the boss drop too, but unfortunately it was another Light Izanami. From reading the Legend results in here, it looks like I got lucky getting the boss drop at all. I guess I'll run Mythical until I get a Dark Izanami. It just sucks how long it takes with GrOdin/Ama. I guess between this and Super Bowl, I'm not gonna get in as many Twinlit runs as I wanted.
nump!
anyone can put up a god kirin for meh? :X
Your friend list is maxed out. If you clear space and send me an invite, I'll accept and put up Sakuya when I receive it. My ID is 380,833,292

Jinko

I finally got an Odin. Not what I wanted from the godfest, but I'll take it. Girlfriend pulled andromeda, so she's happy, too. We both had 5 painful rolls before that.

I pulled an Andromeda on my other account, is she any good, cause looking at her I can't see how its feasible to match 8 orbs with any kind of consistency.

Maybe she needs a couple of orbs changers (Kamui's) to be any good.

SaintR

Hey guys sorry to go away from the Izanami talk atm. I was wondering what are you guys prioritizing Ulti evolving with the twinlits. I finally ultid Olympios(I'll have him up the whole day if anyone here wants to use him) but was wondering should I run the dungeon again to try to elvolve my second Zeus to Stratios(I don't have a Hades) or elvolve Hera. Or save for the Egyptian ultis? So many decisions.

I can 0 stone the dungeon but the I have used 1 stone each on my last 2 runs because of orb troll on 1st floor.

Look what I got from the Pal Egg Machine.
fba5e2a668cee58d436dd6da202cc042_zps68a5b101.jpg

Awesome design, but I don't think he'll be of any use though, based on my rank, and too damn expensive to use.

I pulled an Andromeda on my other account, is she any good, cause looking at her I can't see how its feasible to match 8 orbs with any kind of consistency.

Maybe she needs a couple of orbs changers (Kamui's) to be any good.

If you want to go Descended killing with them you need subs with a lot of row enhance and skill boost awakenings, not necessarily just orb changers. They're not recommended for starters because of that heavy investment.

Tobe

Look what I got from the Pal Egg Machine.

Awesome design, but I don't think he'll be of any use though, based on my rank, and too damn expensive to use.

you should smile bro, i remember getting him early on and it was a HUGE help to my teams, probably thats what got me into mono dark. I still hold my first one favorite that fucker cant let him go. KoR is a beast.

Hey guys sorry to go away from the Izanami talk atm. I was wondering what are you guys prioritizing Ulti evolving with the twinlits. I finally ultid Olympios(I'll have him up the whole day if anyone here wants to use him) but was wondering should I run the dungeon again to try to elvolve my second Zeus to Stratios(I don't have a Hades) or elvolve Hera. Or save for the Egyptian ultis? So many decisions.

I can 0 stone the dungeon but the I have used 1 stone each on my last 2 runs because of orb troll on 1st floor.
I don't prioritize anything. I simply farmed enough of each Twin to utli-evolve everything that uses them. But in your case, I'd ulti Hera before Zeus. She's more useful all-around. But if you regularly use the Egyptian gods than I would definitely save and wait for those, since those benefit more from their ultimate forms than Stratios or DQ Hera(unless you plan to lead with DQ Hera often). But if you could, I'd just farm more Twinlits to be able to evolve all of them.

xCobalt

I was looking at the new shiva ultimates and and it seems his active ability is really good. Nullifies defense and enhances all fire orbs. Lakshmi on other hand has a terrible ability...would make some sense if they allowed it to enhance all water orbs.

Just cleared Legend with Sakuya. Was pretty easy. Got the boss drop too, but unfortunately it was another Light Izanami. From reading the Legend results in here, it looks like I got lucky getting the boss drop at all. I guess I'll run Mythical until I get a Dark Izanami. It just sucks how long it takes with GrOdin/Ama. I guess between this and Super Bowl, I'm not gonna get in as many Twinlit runs as I wanted.

Your friend list is maxed out. If you clear space and send me an invite, I'll accept and put up Sakuya when I receive it. My ID is 380,833,292

done :p
accept my request and let me dream a izanagi dream once more!

razterik

Went after Izanami with a variation of the team I saw on chinese pad.wikia:

Awoken Odin
Hera-Is
Zeus
Vritra
Lucifer
Awoken Amaterasu

Only my friend's leader had plus eggs. Really safe team as long as your HP is around 19K for Mythical. For most of the dungeon you charge up your skills every round and then use the two Gravities and Lucifer to finish off foes when they are at half health or less up until you get to Izanami (however on the first round don't use Lucifer to finish off the second/last demon otherwise you will get killed by the preemptive attack by Divinegon in round 2). Once you get to Izanami (hopefully it's the light one) I would say wait until 40% and then unload the gravities, Lucifer, and finish her off with Vritra and Odin (Odin's move now having the ability to heal is incredibly useful for the entire dungeon but make sure you don't use it before Vritra).

Dark Izanami can be done the same way, it's just the poison orbs and orb movement limits really make this battle much longer than it had to be.

Yeah, this works great until you get Dark Iza on Mythical. Even with a maxed out Amaterasu you can end up under your max HP clearing Corruption when she eats your heart orbs. You take a full hit from Lament and have to combo enough to clear the board and hope you match enough hearts with the reduced matching time. If you don't, death by Deicide awaits you. 4 stones for this lesson, but I got my drop. Time to Valk the hell out of Legend.

SaintR

I don't prioritize anything. I simply farmed enough of each Twin to utli-evolve everything that uses them. But in your case, I'd ulti Hera before Zeus. She's more useful all-around. But if you regularly use the Egyptian gods than I would definitely save and wait for those, since those benefit more from their ultimate forms than Stratios or DQ Hera(unless you plan to lead with DQ Hera often). But if you could, I'd just farm more Twinlits to be able to evolve all of them.
Thanks George for the advice. Horus is mainly the one I'm looking forward to ulti. Like you said earlier in the thread, the dungeon is worth farming since you coming out of it with a twin and either a dub and a tamas. So I'll run it as much as the 1st floor trolls let me.
But on the top of leading with DQ Hera, wouldn't hera-ur serve the same purpose? (As a lead)
Fake edit: extra gravity makes sense.

coy

& am done with this shitty dungeon forever :|

You don't plan on skilling them up?

Angelits for Zeus and Horus; devilits for Hera and Shiva. I don't think I'll gather all the lits this event, but I'd like to run as much as possible. Tamadras are a goal as well.

Speaking of tamas, of the 26 PAL pulls I had, I actually had 2 appear! I was being lazy with mat farming so decided to blow them now. Real thankful I did the pulls as I finally have a max awoken G.Odin, just in time to put up for others this weekend. I'll do more Twinlit runs before the game starts.

done :p
accept my request and let me dream a izanagi dream once more!
Accepted.

Thanks George for the advice. Horus is mainly the one I'm looking forward to ulti. Like you said earlier in the thread, the dungeon is worth farming since you coming out of it with a twin and either a dub and a rams. So I'll run it as much as the 1st floor trolls let me.
But on the top of leading with DQ Hera, wouldn't hera-ur serve the same purpose? (As a lead)
Fake edit: extra gravity makes sense.
DQ Hera's multiplier is 3.5x albeit with the 80% health condition, while Ur is only 3x. Though being able to drop below 80% can make it easier to stall, which is the one benefit to those types of conditions. Also, like you said they have different leader skills, and gravity is generally more useful, not to mention easier to skill-up. Lastly, DQ is D/D while Ur is F/D.

Top Bottom