• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

I'm willing to wager that there will be way more than 2 ultimates for REM only monsters. After all, Twinlits only represent 2 of five colors present in PAD.

You're forgetting Trifruit which represents the other colors. Also there's a new Keeper coming soon.

The biggest problem with introducing even more Ultimates on top of the Twinlit/Trifruit ones is Gungho has to make any additional Ultimates "worth the effort" without overpowering the character, but also keeping the Twinlit/Trifruit Ultimates from being irrelevant, otherwise people won't run the dungeon/waste stamina and stones. So at most, you'd get a bunch of alternate color/alternate type Ultimates with similar skills.

Jinko

If you're just starting and not spending money, don't roll the Hello Kitty REM. It's not worth it.

Save them for the next godfest.

Normally I would agree but, Kuromi is quite handy to have for dub-lit and mask farming. (I suppose you could make some friends with Shiva though)

Also GungHo made a fuckload of money last year
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=762527

They should invest some of that money into quality of life development :p

bodine1231

Easily cleared Heroes and got Cu Chu,is it worth running again for the blue one? Looking on Padx he doesnt seem to be on many teams.

Easily cleared Heroes and got Cu Chu,is it worth running again for the blue one? Looking on Padx he doesnt seem to be on many teams.

Yes. All Heartbreakers are really great subs. They all have dual element ultimates, have great stats, can be (easily) skilled up. They fit good on Egyptian and spike teams. Get both and forget about 2Heroes forever.

razterik

He's referring to using Green Odin and Amaterasu. With Odin auto healing along with Amaterasu, Dark Izanami's other moves barely scratch this team. The only reason the other move is an issue is because it's multi-hit.

It's quite easy to take full damage from Lament after clearing poison, so I wouldn't call it a nonissue. If I run this team again next time I will take Mastering to counter poison or a bunch of dark resist awakenings. Never did pick up Light Iza in my 5 runs.

Edit: Ah, of course. Split clearing poison orbs between two turns so the damage is below your autoheal amount. Feel dumb for not thinking about that yesterday.

Ancient Draggie Knight Zero
YDQwXfW.jpg

Kreed

Echidna only has one non-Twinlit busty too. (for now)

Siren will likely only get one too. Gungho is trying to boost the popularity of the least popular Healer girls over Siren and Echidna who are a staple on so many teams. Lilith is kind of in the middle, so I could see her getting two. Probably one ultimate that would boost her stats and possibly an orb movement increase to her leader skill and another to work as a Devil lead.

Edit:

It's quite easy to take full damage from Lament after clearing poison, so I wouldn't call it a nonissue. If I run this team again next time I will take Mastering to counter poison or a bunch of dark resist awakenings. Never did pick up Light Iza in my 5 runs.

You do have to be careful not to clear more poison orbs than Amaterasu + Hearts can heal back. But if you balance it right you won't be in any danger from her poision/jammer changes.

razterik

Yeah, just figured that out above. Guess I should have done some more research on this team yesterday.

So Draggie finally going to get to 3x?

Selner

So I hit up the Godfest for a couple of rolls. I had one roll saved up, and then I cashed in some Google $ for a couple.

1. Dragon Rider (not great, but my first dual-color)
2. Marine Rider Robin (other rider, evo'd too)
3. Dark Golem (boo)
4. Blue Odin (woo!)
5. Salamander (eh, but good to get a Fire mob)

That was all I planned to pull... but I had 2 left and I impulse pulled...
6. Princess Valkyrie (woo!)

I also got a Tamadra from PAL, then a Rainbow Keeper.
Then I got another Tamadra from the Sapphire Dungeon. Five of those now.

I also got a bunch of PAL crap too, but the Tamadra and Keeper were the best of the bunch.

Now I need to stop doing random stuff and concentrate on something.
I have a bunch of xp from the Saph dungeon, which I'll dump on Odin. Then I think I need to farm Rank ups, as I don't have the team cost to field some of my better mobs.

Huh? Only Corruption (poison) does no damage. The next two definitely do
He's referring to using Green Odin and Amaterasu. With Odin auto healing along with Amaterasu, Dark Izanami's other moves barely scratch this team. The only reason the other move is an issue is because it's multi-hit.
Razterik is right. I had a brain fart. Don't know why I thought she only attacked once per cycle. If that were the case, it would have been a piece of cake and I wouldn't have been near death so many times. It definitely wasn't easy, which is why I said I didn't feel the team was reliable enough to farm it. I thought about Mastering, too. But I'm not sure it would work on this particular team. Don't know if any subs are replaceable. And actually 2 max skill Masterings would be able to refresh every 3 turns. And they have poison resist awakenings for a chance to avoid it altogether.

Ancient Draggie Knight Zero
YDQwXfW.jpg
Heh, I guessed we'd find out that Draggie Knight was useful for Zombie descend AFTER we had its dungeon and didn't bother with skill-ups. I guess this is an even better Gungtroll than that. I'm guessing 3x ATK to bring it in line with the other King slimes.

Speaking of busties, have GH ever introduced additional ultimates for a monster after it's initial ultimate was already released? I can't think of a single case. That's the rule I use to decide whether or not to feed dupes. If a monster already has an ultimate form(s) I assume it won't be getting anymore and assume it's safe to feed dupes.

Saiga and Chocopollo both got alternate busties months after their first ones were introduced, but those were collab mons and may not be indicative of "canon" content. canontent

Totakeke

Speaking of busties, have GH ever introduced additional ultimates for a monster after it's initial ultimate was already released? I can't think of a single case. That's the rule I use to decide whether or not to feed dupes. If a monster already has an ultimate form(s) I assume it won't be getting anymore and assume it's safe to feed dupes.

They've done it before for collab monsters.

http://www.puzzleanddragonsnews.com...returning-new-monsters-awakening-skills-added

razterik

All the new late bloomer dragon busties, really.

Zombie dragon is super easy, so no need for Draggie there. Honestly unless he is 3.5-4x dragons, I will never use him.

Regarding Mastering in Izanami, I'm not sure he can be squeezed into the mythical team either. I think one max skilled would be enough given Amaterasu/Odin safety heals, how many turns you get per cycle and her break to recast time reduction. Have to drop Vritra/gravity though. Maybe take two Zeus to compensate? Actually wonder if Stratios might be good here for his dark resists.

Ran Monored for WindDragon - Master (Shiva, Ult Gigas, Echidna, Horus, Ur, Firedragon) and was crazy easy. Just need to make sure you take care of the Demons so they don't Fire Bind.

Anyone running monored for Legend?

Kreed

You need to think more along the lines of "what needs an Ultimate". For example, a lot of the Dragons who already got Ultimates are getting new Trifruit Ultimates now. Why are these Dragons getting Ultimates when they already had Ultimate forms (Leviathan, etc...)? Because when they originally got Ultimates the game was completely different and their ultimates actually had "some" limited use. Now they aren't even factored into the overall game anymore. But by introducing new Ultimates, Gungho is hoping to revitalize these old washed up monsters and get them used more often by the PAD community.

At the same time, they also have a valid reason to make Ultimates that clearly outclass the old ones with Twinlits and Trifruit (and the new Keeper), because those dungeons are so much harder. So far we have only seen the Dragons and some Collab monsters following this pattern, but I wouldn't be surprised to see monsters like Minerva and Hades getting Twinlit/New Keeper evolutions.

Noirulus

I'm not sure why I took so long to tackle Heroes. It was a total cake walk, never felt threatened.

I've got all the heart breakers now :D

Okay. Didn't realize/forgot about some of the Dragons getting new ultimates. I guess it's because they all still sucked like you guys said. So, I guess we should be holding onto at least 4 dupes of each monster just in case? =P

And yeah, it catches me off guard how easy some of the old special dungeons are now, compared to when they first came out. I remember having a hard time with the Sky Dragons which were my first attempted special dungeons besides Metal Dragons. And the Mech Dragons were the hardest dungeons in the game. I remember taking over an hour to beat them with dual resist teams, and how my heart sank when it healed itself when I finally got it below 50% health. I remember Zeus was considered something like a minimum 12-20 stone run until you got your own Zeus to build the first 9x ATK team. Many people were reporting 40+ stones to clear it for the first time.

razterik

They are a little less bad with awakenings (two row enhance and one skill boost). The new ultimates are decent stat boosts, but probably not enough to replace better utility subs.

ccbfan

Okay. Didn't realize/forgot about some of the Dragons getting new ultimates. I guess it's because they all still sucked like you guys said. So, I guess we should be holding onto at least 4 dupes of each monster just in case? =P

And yeah, it catches me off guard how easy some of the old special dungeons are now, compared to when they first came out. I remember having a hard time with the Sky Dragons which were my first attempted special dungeons besides Metal Dragons. And the Mech Dragons were the hardest dungeons in the game. I remember taking over an hour to beat them with dual resist teams, and how my heart sank when it healed itself when I finally got it below 50% health. I remember Zeus was considered something like a minimum 12-20 stone run until you got your own Zeus to build the first 9x ATK team. Many people were reporting 40+ stones to clear it for the first time.

The power creep in this game have definitely been immense.

I remember have enormous trouble with Wind Mech. My battle with wind mech master was probably the most intense battles I've ever had in the game and it took me 8 wins for the thing to drop. (5 stones total on revives) Each run took an least an hour.

This time?

Beat legend with a pure non-REM only team (Mono Red). Completely sleepwalked through it.

yami4ct

Only had enough Stam for two metal runs. Luckily, got kings on both. No TAMAs, though. Will probably use all my stam today to run those metal dungeons. Good opportunity to max my Bastet and work on my Vampire Lord, I guess.

Remember when everyone ran ADK and then Zeus? Good times....

Now everyone runs Valk.

Pacman2k

Thanks for the Amaterasu post ups yesterday. I got 3 runs in on Legendary - no drop, but the Odin + Ama team works great in there. It's a long run, but pretty much no danger.

Ha. I still remember when double dark golem counter team was a viable strategy for zeus. Just burn stones and hope zeus kills himself.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
well valks is the premier farming team out there, hits hard, no requirements and brainless.

So so so true. The best part of a Valk team is that Valk and Echidna are crazy useful on other teams. Bastet, if you have her, also sits well on teams. So putting +eggs on Valk and Echidna is crazy smart, makes your farming faster, and improves your descended teams.

xCobalt

Valk usage has definitely gone down based on my friends list. Athena, D.Meta, Kirin and Zeus seems to be a bit more common.

Jagernaut

Remember when everyone ran ADK and then Zeus? Good times....

Now everyone runs Valk.

I remember when I first got my ADK (before Dragon Guardian he was a coveted REM pull), ran the weekend dungeon with a 6.25x dragon team, and was impressed by the damage output. Now I run ultimate Bastet and destroy the dungeon with 16x attacks.

The biggest benefit of the Valk farm team is the RCV. A lot of 3x teams suffer from RCV, not a problem with a bunch of healers. HP is still a little low, but that can be supplemented with + eggs.

Agree with Nic, eggs on Valk and Echidna benefit just about every other team you can come up with. All "where should I put my eggs" talk begins and ends with Echidna.

Althane

So, question about how to spend my EXP.

Let's say I've got two evolved Pengdras. In this case, Sapphire Pengdras. I have nothing good to feed them to (evolved Kraken, Angry Birds Blue at level 65, and... that's about it), but I'm running out of box space.

Should I go ahead and dump the XP into the blue subs that I have (despite not getting much bang/buck for the 50% extra XP), or put the 30k XP onto leaders/subs that I actually use (currently my monored team)

Started playing, having fun with this so far, though reading over the OP I feel like I should start over and aim for one of the god monsters. I figured out the whole "make combos" thing but I've just been using it to push 5 together for a group attack, I didn't think to create combos as I move around for multi chains, Very interesting stuff. Looking forward to playing more of this

yami4ct

Started playing, having fun with this so far, though reading over the OP I feel like I should start over and aim for one of the god monsters. I figured out the whole "make combos" thing but I've just been using it to push 5 together for a group attack, I didn't think to create combos as I move around for multi chains, Very interesting stuff. Looking forward to playing more of this

Welcome to probably the most addictive FTP game out there, haha. If you don't want to go the IAP route, I would reroll until you get a top tier god. You can make it without a god and without paying for a while, but you'll be relying on your luck on pulling a good god during a godfest and waiting on your free stones from GungHo. If you don't have a good god, you certainly can find yourself stuck for a while. There's a good tier list linked somewhere in the OT that'll help you out.

Also, don't be like me and waste your stones. Only use your stones to pull during a Godfest that has gods you need, never continue in a dungeon and never use it to replenish stamina. There are rare exceptions to the last two, but by the time they come up you'll be far enough in the game to know them.

Welcome to probably the most addictive FTP game out there, haha. If you don't want to go the IAP route, I would reroll until you get a top tier god. You can make it without a god and without paying for a while, but you'll be relying on your luck on pulling a good god during a goofiest and waiting on your free stones from GungHo. If you don't have a good god, you certainly can find yourself stuck for a while. There's a good tier list linked somewhere in the OT that'll help you out.

Is the one in the OP not up to date?

All the new late bloomer dragon busties, really.

Zombie dragon is super easy, so no need for Draggie there. Honestly unless he is 3.5-4x dragons, I will never use him.

Regarding Mastering in Izanami, I'm not sure he can be squeezed into the mythical team either. I think one max skilled would be enough given Amaterasu/Odin safety heals, how many turns you get per cycle and her break to recast time reduction. Have to drop Vritra/gravity though. Maybe take two Zeus to compensate? Actually wonder if Stratios might be good here for his dark resists.
You could always drop in Abyss Neptune and Bastet, instead. They're way better, cover four colors together (conveniently the four needed for U&Y if you want to run that team), and give you 90% poison resistance.

Forgot there's one directly on the OP. That'll do just fine. I'd say the ranking of those gods is pretty damn accurate.

So I'm I'm reading it right $$$ Tier is the "best" but only if you're willing to dump tons of money into IAP where as the S Tier ones will get me the furthest for free?

Is the one in the OP not up to date?
Everybody will give you a slightly different ordering from best to worst but the list in the OP has everything considered keepable for a beginner.

So I'm I'm reading it right $$$ Tier is the "best" but only if you're willing to dump tons of money into IAP where as the S Tier ones will get me the furthest for free?
That's right. Although situationally the $$$ tier can be worse than S tier.

yami4ct

$$$$$ Tier isn't necessity the best, but they are ones that do require lots of Rare Egg Machine pulls to get a properly synergized team. S-tier is close if not better than those in some cases. Kirin is nuts once you really get rolling with her, for example.

The only trick is that all the S rank gods aside from Bastet there are hard to pull off when you aren't very good. Ra requires you to pull off 5 colors in a single attack and the other two require four specific colors. You should keep them still if you re-roll to get them, especially Kirin, but just know you might have a tough time pop-ing their skills until you get better with combos.

Everybody will give you a slightly different ordering from best to worst but the list in the OP has everything considered keepable for a beginner.
It's missing one: Archangel Lucifer (NOT Fallen Angel Lucifer). He's probably sits somewhere between S and A tier, as he is capable of finishing a good 95%+ of the game's content.

Do note that a lot of newer content was designed specifically to kill his teams, though.

Kreed

Click on this link instead:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

The OP has a lot of information but this document is more up to date and includes the new gods we just got from the Godfest.

From this list you ideally want anything in Good Tier and above. The link also includes pros and cons of each God which is important, especially if you aren't going to be spending money on this game.

Nista

I'm almost thinking about not Ult Evoing my Zeus just because my current team has a good Equilibrium.

I'm actually mulling this over today as well.

I ran Twinlits some over the weekend where possible (thanks for the helpful Olympios guys!) and ended up with 4 angelits and 1 devilit. I'm not sure whether to use them on Zeus, or wait and split them between Horus/Ra/Isis/Yomi?

I wish I had gotten more devilits for Hera for my devil team, but I guess I'll have to try harder next time around.

Top Bottom