• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

SaintR

Accepted.

DQ Hera's multiplier is 3.5x albeit with the 80% health condition, while Ur is only 3x. Though being able to drop below 80% can make it easier to stall, which is the one benefit to those types of conditions. Also, like you said they have different leader skills, and gravity is generally more useful, not to mention easier to skill-up. Lastly, DQ is D/D while Ur is F/D.
Ah wasn't paying attention to the fact that it was 3.5. Also multi-hit combo in your explanation on why she's the better lead. Thanks again

Regarding Pal pulls, I've had the shittiest luck with them this event. Over 70 pulls and not a single TAMA, Dub-myth, Mystic Mask, or Rainbow Keeper. I didn't even get a Dragon Fruit.

Someone posted that they pulled a Dark Chaser from the Pal machine. Was that US or JP? If they show up in the Pal machine, then I won't bother wasting time farming the Mech dungeons for them. The Flame Chaser was the only one I really wanted for my Tengu farm team. The others would just sit in my box in case they ever become useful. I can wait to randomly pull them from Pal.

razterik

Chasers aren't in the US PAL yet. Probably because...well, GungHo. If you are going to farm them, wait for Pirate dungeons anyway. Better drop rate, supposedly. In JP, I've pulled about 5 chasers total since they were added. Maybe I've had good luck, but I don't rake in that many PAL points there either.

Valk 1-stoned Legend Izanami. Bad drops on the first round kept me from downing one. Rest was easy. Got another Dark Iza. Time to try again for Light.

ccbfan

After going 0/3 with twinlits yesterday (1 I made a really stupid mistake at round 3, 1 I killed round 1 in 1 turn, 1 I under damaged round 1 and only killed 3 ghost)

I'm 2/2 Today.

Again its all about round one.

I wished they had a practice mode in this game So you can get a feel of exactly how many matches you need to leave 1 or 2 ghost.

Bad luck on drops though no tamadora and angelit.

Also any use for Izanami? Her mythical dungeon is ridicules for anyone without a Lucifer and Odin or Amu. She really don't look any better than a Satan team or Healer team for mid lev dungeon brainless farming (Faster but much more dangerous). Her active skill is useless, not sure its worth spending stones on such a worthless monster. Especially on what might the the last time we get twinlit with tamadora.

After going 0/3 with twinlits yesterday (1 I made a really stupid mistake at round 3, 1 I killed round 1 in 1 turn, 1 I under damaged round 1 and only killed 3 ghost)

I'm 2/2 Today.

Again its all about round one.

I wished they had a practice mode in this game So you can get a feel of exactly how many matches you need to leave 1 or 2 ghost.

Bad luck on drops though no tamadora and angelit.

Also any use for Izanami? Her mythical dungeon is ridicules for anyone without a Lucifer and Odin or Amu. She really don't look any better than a Satan team or Healer team for mid lev dungeon brainless farming (Faster but much more dangerous). Her active skill is useless, not sure its worth spending stones on such a worthless monster. Especially on what might the the last time we get twinlit with tamadora.
mm
should i try izanagi mythical with astaroth team? i have enough hp to survive.. is the "block active skill" just cast once at the beggining? or permacast always?
ty padgaf!

coy

Nope.
Skilling up is a long way project.
I don't wanna go through that path of eternal frustration.
I don't even farm Heras for gravity skill ups.. Just give up & live happily :>

I cannot begin to comprehend, although I imagine you're a much happier soul considering I subject myself to nonsense like the 0/5 I just went on Hera skillups yuck!

I cannot begin to comprehend, although I imagine you're a much happier soul considering I subject myself to nonsense like the 0/5 I just went on Hera skillups yuck!

bro i tried..
last run i spent 5 stone refill..
dropped around 10 hera..
fused during following skillup event..
no skillup..
i felt..... raped on the inside...

Zero_IYAD

Hmmm, what's so hard to understand :eek: !
Am happy enough with my current monster box as it is, I like the challenge of new descendents & collecting all the rare monsters -trophies or usable ones-.
I don't have the time or energy to farm descendents continuously..
& the skill up rate even on x2 days is just.. harsh =_=
bro i tried..
last run i spent 5 stone refill..
dropped around 10 hera..
fused during following skillup event..
no skillup..
i felt..... raped on the inside...
THIS!

Jinko

Until they add a close to 100% skill up option (which is never) I won't be skilling up anything that requires a lot of work either.

I commend those who do it, but it reminds me of the mindless grind you get in Asian F2P mmos.

Until they add a close to 100% skill up option (which is never) I won't be skilling up anything that requires a lot of work either.

I commend those who do it, but it reminds me of the mindless grind you get in Asian F2P mmos.
And i won't EVER touch the realm of asian grind world..
Like.. Never

coy

Hmmm, what's so hard to understand :eek: !
Am happy enough with my current monster box as it is, I like the challenge of new descendents & collecting all the rare monsters -trophies or usable ones-.
I don't have the time or energy to farm descendents continuously..
& the skill up rate even on x2 days is just.. harsh =_=

THIS!

Nothing's hard to understand. When I played MMOs, I was a min/maxer so that mentality carries over here. Sure, I wish the skillup rates were not assy like their current state, but it's a burden I'll continue putting up with. I am more irked by changes like the tama to baby tama in Twinlits, but even that I can get over. Maybe I'm just too masochistic with these "features" in the games.

Nothing's hard to understand. When I played MMOs, I was a min/maxer so that mentality carries over here. Sure, I wish the skillup rates were not assy like their current state, but it's a burden I'll continue putting up with. I am more irked by changes like the tama to baby tama in Twinlits, but even that I can get over. Maybe I'm just too masochistic with these "features" in the games.
Dude i'm a minmaxer, god only knows how much..
In vanilla i was in a world first wow guild (actually we got a list of world second in vanilla, rather than world first but you get the gig) later i reverted to another guild, dragonlance, that costantly went for top 3 of our realm and i was fine with that.. Sure i preferred minmaxing but i couldn't handle myself the burden of forcing the same mentality on others and our raid leader in dragonlance was a pièce of bread prone to some remark but never aggressive enough to be a raid leader with world first as an aim (though i was not alone in the elite rank.. Plenty of us had fight with dps ranking from top 100 to top 10 on world of logs.. And i mean planty)..

But that takes dedication, and an absurd amount of time..

I like pad because yeah, you can aim for minmaxing but in the end you can get the same result with skills (puzzle skill and time management skill) rather then grinding the same high level dungeon forever and ever..
And for me farming gravity with non guarabteed skillup is as near as possible to that..
They should make a rule like 6+ star have a skillup rate of 35% basic, 70% during 2x skillup event...
Much more user friendly...

Zero_IYAD

As Jinko said, I totally understand & respect all of you who are trying to skill up such hard to farm mobs..
It's not easy, time consuming & the skill up mechanism is just heart breaking -.-

Jinko

They should make a rule like 6+ star have a skillup rate of 35% basic, 70% during 2x skillup event...
Much more user friendly...

I could live with that or something like a max levelled fodder (with the same skill) would increase the chance of skill up by x% (A max levelled monster of the exact same would guarantee a skill up)

I don't' mind grinding if I know I'm getting something for it at the end, but JP's love their luck based RNG.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
10 rolls this godfest and I only got one gold egg; Karin.

Is she viable at all for descends?

Probably not all (Zeus Dios ugh), but a lot of them, sure. Also, Legend vs Mythical. Mythical usually requires very specific compositions.

Also, for those who pulled Heroes and are looking at team comps, someone in the FB group posted this.

I've mentioned this before on multiple posts but I'll mention it again. They are NOT a nonIAP friendly team because of the subs they require.

The best way to make them efficient is to stack at least 5 skill boosts to get a 5 turn orb changer up turn one, Ideally Ninja/Heart Breaker. The reason for this is prevent a bad turn one board from potentially killing you.

Also since the lead skill needs at least 8 orbs connected row enhance is a must. With the new lead skill buff activating at 3x for 6 orbs and 3.5x for 7 orbs it's a bit easier to activate consistently BUT you would still need rows to capitalize on your damage.

Bottom line is you need IAP subs (IE Ninjas, Special Gods, Sonias) skill ups on said monsters and Tamas. There's no two ways about these facts. In order to efficiently run them you need Tamas and a lot of them. Which of course means nonIAP will have a significantly harder time making these teams.

I'm not trying to put down nonIAP here don't get me wrong, I'm just saying this is not a team nonIAP should be striving to build due to all the prerequisites.

Link to Tony's post depicting what the teams should look like

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PADGlobal/permalink/596118497133988/?stream_ref=2

EDIT: This is my comment from Tony's thread. Posting it here because it might get buried.

"I found that a good formula for hero gods is
Leader, Special God/Fruit Dragon/Demon, Heart breaker/Greek/Norse, Sonia, Ninja"

Do not that Fruit Dragon's don't really pair well active-wise with the heroes (except lemon/goku) but for some that don't have access to the others it might be their only option considering their awakenings the important ones being 2 skill boost and 2 row enhance.

Hero god team setup suggestion

Here are some of the best setups got hero gods, Greco roman are the best subs after the 4th awakening, max skill heart breakers are also choose choice

On the red team the fruit Is a place holder for red Odin, devil shiva

in general

5 skill boost and a 5cd orb changer is required

red green, blue sonia, blue odin, and dtron are extremely very good subs
all greco-roman 2.0 are very good subs
all norse gods are very good sub
all ninja are very good subs (besides sasuke)
all heart breakers are good subs
all fruits are good subs (only lemon doesn't conflict with the hero LS)
all Chinese gods are good subs (aside of kirin)

1601025_10153775930320177_1691618693_n.jpg

1621989_10153775931010177_1693536661_n.jpg

1779917_10153775935415177_1163976227_n.jpg

375690_10153775935475177_125443116_n.jpg

1779180_10153775935530177_1317438112_n.jpg

Tobe

I JUST GOT 3 SKILL-UPS IN A ROW ON MY SECOND SIREN

WAT

Cool, I guess I'll try to build a team around her.

lucky, but yeah this event is pretty hit or miss on skill ups. i fed 1 hera and got the skill up.

fed at least 8 samurai goblins on gigas, 1 skill up.

ccbfan

Woo 2 more success for twinlit and got 2 angelit and a tamadora.

Can finally Ult Evo my Zeus.

Starting to "get" this dungeon with my Awoken Zeus, Hera, Hera-Is, Enchilada, Lilith, (Max level no + stats or Max level 297+ stats) partner Olympicos Zeus team.

I mean there's nothing I can do about sky fall or no yellow orb trolls but I'm starting to understand specific combo combinations to leave 2 or 3 lits (2 color, 1 myth) after the first turn giving me enough leeway for skyfalls. There's definitely a very thin line between success and failure.

I'm almost thinking about not Ult Evoing my Zeus just because my current team has a good Equilibrium.

ccbfan

Nice that means they're bustying the Ninjas. (I have the red one and the green one)

They have to make them better than swordsman right?

I mean one is REM and one isn't.

But then looking at the treatment they gave dual color dragons and elementals I guess not.

Genji

Busty Hanzo looks badass! Have tried so many damn times to get him, no luck though. Wonder what the ultimate evos for the ninjas will be, hopefully something more than just a sub element.

Noirulus

Can't wait for busty Hatsume, her stats need updating.

Edit: Actually, wait, her stats are pretty great already. More is always better though :)

lucky, but yeah this event is pretty hit or miss on skill ups. i fed 1 hera and got the skill up.

fed at least 8 samurai goblins on gigas, 1 skill up.

Sometimes it feels like the game is more kind to you during certain time slots.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Woo 2 more success for twinlit and got 2 angelit and a tamadora.

Can finally Ult Evo my Zeus.

Starting to "get" this dungeon with my Awoken Zeus, Hera, Hera-Is, Enchilada, Lilith, (Max level no + stats or Max level 297+ stats) partner Olympicos Zeus team.

I mean there's nothing I can do about sky fall or no yellow orb trolls but I'm starting to understand specific combo combinations to leave 2 or 3 lits (2 color, 1 myth) after the first turn giving me enough leeway for skyfalls. There's definitely a very thin line between success and failure.

I'm almost thinking about not Ult Evoing my Zeus just because my current team has a good Equilibrium.

I gave up trying to farm Twinlits this time. Trying to keep one mythlit alive with my Olympios/Olympios team was absolutely infuriating. On top of that, my Haku team was basically destined to fail due to orb trolling on the first round.

E: Metals tomorrow. Gonna farm for kings to level my new Pandora team! Woo!

Genji

I gave up trying to farm Twinlits this time. Trying to keep one mythlit alive with my Olympios/Olympios team was absolutely infuriating. On top of that, my Haku team was basically destined to fail due to orb trolling on the first round.

Good advice. I was going to try for some last minute attempts at Twinlits, but better to just save stamina to run metal kings tomorrow. My last 2 Twinlit runs with Haku ending up having 2 darks and then 2 reds to start. So frustrating.

ccbfan

I haven't tried Dual Olympios but my team has 8 total attacks (6 primary and 2 secondary) and there's 7 total enemies. Pretty much a primary attack will kill any non mythlit while the light ones will kill a mythlit. As long as you don't do any mass attacks and have a yellow, dark and (blue or red not both) attack and 5 total combos. You'll leave the stage with 1-2 lits. If you get yellow orb troll then you lost. If you get dark orb trolled then you need to mass attack a blue or red and hop for no skyfalls. I'm not sure how much the extra secondary yellow is going effect the damage though.

One thing I started to do against the final mythlit is not match orbs at all if my hp is max and Zeuses are not bind. I'll just forfeit the turn and hope he binds my zeus. The teams have more than enough HP to survive 3 hits.

It tends to bind 50 percent of the time so that's plenty of time to heal up.

Finally got Dark Izanami on my fourth Mythical run. Cost me a stone because I wasn't prepared on how to handle her big attack and poison at first. I was worried it was going to cost more stones, but I figured out how to handle her pattern. Don't panic, and realize that she only does a damage attack every 3 turns. So, you have 3 turns to heal back to full or at least enough health to survive her next attack. Don't bother trying to damage her with regular attacks and just concentrate on clearing orbs, poison, and jammers from the board to make way for Hearts. Most damage will be dealt via skills. After the first death, I got as close as 374 HP away from a second death. And that's with 3 +297 monsters (including +297 Ama helper). I don't feel this team is reliable enough to farm for skill-ups, simply because Dark Izanami is a wild card, requiring that you don't get screwed out of Hearts. I didn't try any other team, but now that I have both versions, I'm gonna be farming Twinlits the rest of the night.

AWWWW YIIIIIIISSS Busty Hanzo
I took a chance and guessed the Ninjas wouldn't get 2 different busties. Fed all 3 of my Hanzo dupes for skill-ups/awakenings. Need 1 more skill-up on my Hanzo. Damn D.Tron still eluded me this Godfest. Have a bunch of extra Devilits even after all the evos and feeding some away for exp.

razterik

Finally got Dark Izanami on my fourth Mythical run. Cost me a stone because I wasn't prepared on how to handle her big attack and poison at first. I was worried it was going to cost more stones, but I figured out how to handle her pattern. Don't panic, and realize that she only does a damage attack every 3 turns. So, you have 3 turns to heal back to full or at least enough health to survive her next attack.

Huh? Only Corruption (poison) does no damage. The next two definitely do damage.

Ninjas might get dual ultimates so GungHo can push more Twinlits on us.

I took a chance and guessed the Ninjas wouldn't get 2 different busties. Fed all 3 of my Hanzo dupes for skill-ups/awakenings. Need 1 more skill-up on my Hanzo. Damn D.Tron still eluded me this Godfest. Have a bunch of extra Devilits even after all the evos and feeding some away for exp.
If it makes you feel any better, I blew almost all my Devilits and only got 1 skill up. It'll probably be better to just wait for the consistent Friday dungeon version of Twinlits.

Did Ruby Dragon level, maxed my Tyran, evolved it to Tyrannos and maxed it again.

I also got 5 more Magic Stones. I want to use it to get one of the Hello Kitty characters, preferably Kuromi or Kitty herself.

Try it, or wait till next godfest?

Limit

Did Ruby Dragon level, maxed my Tyran, evolved it to Tyrannos and maxed it again.

I also got 5 more Magic Stones. I want to use it to get one of the Hello Kitty characters, preferably Kuromi or Kitty herself.

If you want one of the Kitty characters then just go for it.

linsivvi

If you're just starting and not spending money, don't roll the Hello Kitty REM. It's not worth it.

Save them for the next godfest.

Kreed

There's still a chance Hanzo will get a second one. Gungho has only released artwork so far/we don't have any other details. Since Gungho started doing two Ultimates (one Twinlit/Trifruit, one without) the only monsters that haven't followed this pattern have been Dragons (most of them already having ultimates).

Huh? Only Corruption (poison) does no damage. The next two definitely do damage.

Ninjas might get dual ultimates so GungHo can push more Twinlits on us.

He's referring to using Green Odin and Amaterasu. With Odin auto healing along with Amaterasu, Dark Izanami's other moves barely scratch this team. The only reason the other move is an issue is because it's multi-hit.

Limit

I'm willing to wager that there will be way more than 2 ultimates for REM only monsters. After all, Twinlits only represent 2 of five colors present in PAD.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wind Mech is fun with RSonia. Also really excited about farming them metals today. Should be able to get my Pandora team up and running.

Top Bottom