• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

yami4ct

Click on this link instead:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

The OP has a lot of information but this document is more up to date and includes the new gods we just got from the Godfest.

From this list you ideally want anything in Good Tier and above. The link also includes pros and cons of each God which is important, especially if you aren't going to be spending money on this game.

There's the doc I was thinking of! That was tremendously helpful to me when starting out. You'll likely be fine with anything listed "good" or above there as Kreed said. By the time you actually need S-tier gods for some of the toughest dungeons, you should have hopefully already pulled on a free pull. Heck, it'd be tough but you could probably run even the toughest dungeons with most of those.

Click on this link instead:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

The OP has a lot of information but this document is more up to date and includes the new gods we just got from the Godfest.

From this list you ideally want anything in Good Tier and above. The link also includes pros and cons of each God which is important, especially if you aren't going to be spending money on this game.

Sooo much info O.O

Guess tonight after I get out of work I'll be rerolling till my eyes bleed

Remember when everyone ran ADK and then Zeus? Good times....

Now everyone runs Valk.
Heh. Guilty on all 3 counts. Although I did try to resist the Valk movement, preferring to farm with Zaerog. But resistance was futile. ADKs started dropping like flies, and Zaerog never did catch on (It's in desperate need of an ultimate).

Speaking of trends, the relative rankings of Chasers in the Twitter poll can give us a tier list of the tricolor Chinese gods based on popular use. If the heroku site is to be believed, it's something like
Haku > Meimei > Leilan >>> Karin

Since Flame Chaser is the only leader worth using for conditionals, Leilan's popularity might be a bit biased, but the rest should be accurate and reflects common sentiment too.

Heh. Guilty on all 3 counts. Although I did try to resist the Valk movement, preferring to farm with Zaerog. But resistance was futile. ADKs started dropping like flies, and Zaerog never did catch on (It's in desperate need of an ultimate).
I honestly believe what Zaerog and Fagan need are not necessarily ultimates but a cost reduction. I imagine most players are ranked somewhere in the 200s now, and our team costs are not high enough to field a leader whose cost is 100, plus dragons who can cost up to 60 apiece. I think dragons, across the board need this because, as is, there is no incentive for players to run a dragon team over something like a team of gods, who are better in every single way.

Kreed

Speaking of trends, the relative rankings of Chasers in the Twitter poll can give us a tier list of the tricolor Chinese gods based on popular use. If the heroku site is to be believed, it's something like
Haku > Meimei > Leilan >>> Karin

Since Flame Chaser is the only leader worth using for conditionals, Leilan's popularity might be a bit biased, but the rest should be accurate and reflects common sentiment too.

That's interesting considering how a lot of people ranked Meimei lower than the other x3.5 Chinese Gods at one point. I am curious as to why the demand for Blue Chaser is so low though.

Musan

Genbu is a nice staple on athena/izanagi leader teams. Sorta like a Green/White Sonia when combined with Verche.

That's interesting considering how a lot of people ranked Meimei lower than the other x3.5 Chinese Gods at one point. I am curious as to why the demand for Blue Chaser is so low though.
Meimei lucked herself into a freak synergistic melting pot of popular monsters that includes Dtron, Izanagi, Athena, Bastet, Yomi, and even more. Can't really say the same for Leilan and Karin at the moment.

Got my Princess Valkitty maxed level/awoken. She's replaced Echidna on my Healer team for general farming. She's a beast kitty! Dual Light, better stats than Echidna, and autoheal + skill boost. Along with switching my second Valk out (I rarely need a third Heartbreak before the first one is recharged) for Venus, the team has 2 skill boosts, a 1000HP autoheal, and a Light row enhance.

I honestly believe what Zaerog and Fagan need are not necessarily ultimates but a cost reduction. I imagine most players are ranked somewhere in the 200s now, and our team costs are not high enough to field a leader whose cost is 100, plus dragons who can cost up to 60 apiece. I think dragons, across the board need this because, as is, there is no incentive for players to run a dragon team over something like a team of gods, who are better in every single way.
I've never even considered cost as a reason that people don't run them. I personally have 430 team cost available, so it's been long time since I've had to consider team cost. It could have something to do with it, but like you said, most God teams trump Dragons in every way, especially when it comes to sub utility. Fagan is an amazing monster on his own. 4x ATK at full HP and the same active as Sakuya with the ability to skill-up down to 10CD. Take away the "Dragon" limitation of his leader skill and he'd be one of the best leaders in the game. But the "Dragon" limitation makes him go pretty much completely unused. A simple monster type has such a drastic effect on his usefulness.

I played around with Fagan once and ended up having to stick on some trash dragons because of team cost. I think I was able to get Fagan and one or two whiskeys in there but then had to use nonsense like starters and ADKZ for the rest of the team.

Paired with someone else's fully evolved, +a lot Fagan, this team got me about halfway through a Master level dungeon. It's so bad.

J0dy77

I played around with Fagan once and ended up having to stick on some trash dragons because of team cost. I think I was able to get Fagan and one or two whiskeys in there but then had to use nonsense like starters and ADKZ for the rest of the team.

Paired with someone else's fully evolved, +a lot Fagan, this team got me about halfway through a Master level dungeon. It's so bad.

I haven't thought about team cost in forever. I honestly can't think of the last time I even considered it. I had to go and check after reading these posts. I'm at 260 right now. Zero problem for standard teams but throw in 100 and a few 50's and that gets eaten up quickly.

I haven't thought about team cost in forever. I honestly can't think of the last time I even considered it. I had to go and check after reading these posts. I'm at 260 right now. Zero problem for standard teams but throw in 100 and a few 50's and that gets eaten up quickly.
Yeah. It gets even worse in Fagan's case because his leaderskill hinges on your HP, and dragons have suck-ass RCV with no active skills for healing. So, unless you want to blow one spot for a healer, you're boned after you take any damage.

xCobalt

I was looking at the new Salamander evo and I just realized that it has a devil sub type. It'll be a really good substitute on a Red Sonia team. Two row enhances and its active ability will increase fire damage by 30% for two turns. If you have Shiva and Belial, that's gonna be really strong team (they both have row enhance awakenings too).

Definitely gonna try and get a Salamander when Hera Ur descends. Is there a reliable team that can clear Mythical? Last time I used kirin but it wasn't very consistent.

Tobe

apparently groove coaster collab is coming back this 10th. saw it on fb group somebody took a screenshot of groove coaster www, since then the page got updaed and removed the news.

I was looking at the new Salamander evo and I just realized that it has a devil sub type. It'll be a really good substitute on a Red Sonia team. Two row enhances and its active ability will increase fire damage by 30% for two turns. If you have Shiva and Belial, that's gonna be really strong team (they both have row enhance awakenings too).

Definitely gonna try and get a Salamander when Hera Ur descends. Is there a reliable team that can clear Mythical? Last time I used kirin but it wasn't very consistent.
Lucifer can do it. I would advise bringing Abyss Neptune (or Red Odin if he's available in your version), though, for Minerva. Hera-Ur hits really hard, though, so you can still die.

coy

6 stones on refreshes yesterday netted me 2 angelits and 3 devilits (but only 1 tama). I believe this was our 3rd encounter with the dungeon; the earlier appearances I did not stone. This time, however, I found myself with enough extra free time for extended sessions. Yes, getting orbtrolled/skyfalls is a fact-of-life with this floor, but having more chances to get through the wave helped me immensely. In fact, I was able to salvage 2 attempts where there were not enough light orbs for a 3-orb match. Incoming D/D Hera and F/L Horus (at some point?) with the lits I got. Still need more for Zeus, Shiva and Laskhmi (no seriously) down the line.

Remember when everyone ran ADK and then Zeus? Good times....

Now everyone runs Valk.

Oh man, I remember the superteam of ADK/ADK/CDK/CDK/Tiamat being a goal of mine. So much dragon power!

3 rerolls nothing good but I do understand how to consistently do good combos of 3+ chains per move. Makes the tutorial way easier then my first attempt

Got excited at getting a 5 star super rare (echinda) only to find its not on the tier list. Enough rerolls for tonight will try again tomorrow

saichi

Got excited at getting a 5 star super rare (echinda) only to find its not on the tier list. Enough rerolls for tonight will try again tomorrow

Echidna is super useful sub... just not a good leader.

On Two Heroes -

I got 2 Highlanders from 2 Two Heroes run. There is no need to keep 2, right?

Totakeke

44.5k exp plus 3 dragon flower to evo for a skill up monster for my Artemis on the Groove Coaster collab? Ouch. At least the exp/stam is pretty good.

Tobe

pretty good runs on metal dragons, at least 1 king in every run and 2 with 2 kings. now my dtron team is all above 60.

Totakeke

140204_anke_monster.jpg

Plus purple chaser for the extra troll.

44.5k exp plus 3 dragon flower to evo for a skill up monster for my Artemis on the Groove Coaster collab? Ouch. At least the exp/stam is pretty good.
They have a chance to drop evolved from two floors, so it's not as bad as some collabs.

Edit: apparently, how Survey Dungeon 7 is going to work is that Hamahime will be a high-chance invade and have Phantom Chaser as the boss. Weird...

Amon37

I always forget about busties because the requirements aren't shown in game. I checked my pad herder and realized I had the mats just lying around so now I have a busty chu and busty Ares.

I always forget about busties because the requirements aren't shown in game. I checked my pad herder and realized I had the mats just lying around so now I have a busty chu and busty Ares.

a lot of info isn't included in the game. Really wish you could set notifications in game for dragon runs.

______

Damn we got to 10k posts here in a hurry

razterik

I guess they had to base the dungeon around dark chaser to avoid having to give Hanahime an evo to make her useful for non-Hanzo owners. I'm okay with this. Got two Byakko to skill up and this will have to be easier than chance invades.

I guess they had to base the dungeon around dark chaser to avoid having to give Hanahime an evo to make her useful for non-Hanzo owners. I'm okay with this. Got two Byakko to skill up and this will have to be easier than chance invades.

I'll run the hell out of this for Haku skill ups. Hopefully the rates aren't troll-worthy.
they will

razterik

Survey dungeons generally get 2x rate at some point. Has to be better, especially since GungHo US can't be bothered to give us the chaser rate increase.

J0dy77

a lot of info isn't included in the game. Really wish you could set notifications in game for dragon runs.

______

Damn we got to 10k posts here in a hurry

You're not using Pad Guide? Haven't missed a metal run since using it and the built in notifications.

I'll run the hell out of this for Haku skill ups. Hopefully the rates aren't troll-worthy.
they will

I'm with you on this. I'll spend every stone I have to get as many skill ups as possible.

Wow, the Keepers on 2x drop are awesome for + eggs. A lot of subs that can drop eggs...just had a 2 egg run.

You're not using Pad Guide? Haven't missed a metal run since using it and the built in notifications.

I'm using it, but sometimes forget to check in the morning and set the notifications.

yami4ct

Emerald Dragons today? Yes! Just what I needed. Should have enough stam to do 3 regular runs and one super. Think I have a team that can take out super now as well, as long as he doesn't random encounter first turn. Should be able to pile some levels onto my Ult. Bastet and get my green resist dragon ready to evolve to ripper level.

apparently groove coaster collab is coming back this 10th. saw it on fb group somebody took a screenshot of groove coaster www, since then the page got updaed and removed the news.

Finally i can remax my ares. I hate that gungho buffed the cd but didnt give us the extra skill ups for free.

Get ready, it's going to be 50 Stamina to enter. 5 Floors and both mobs are going to be rare invades.

Love,

Gungtroll

If this is true Gungho knows that anyone who runs a hanzo probably runs a dmeta team and spends $$$$$. So they will make bank from all the stamina refreshes.

Top Bottom