• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

yami4ct

I hate TAMAs not being guaranteed drops on the rare encounters in Metal/Jewel dungeons. Not only do you rarely see them, but they almost never drop when you do. This was like the 5th time I've seen a TAMA on a jewel run and they've never dropped. Super, super evil on GungHo's part. Oh well, at least I got two kings and a super on my 2 runs. Got my Bast up 10 more levels.

I hate TAMAs not being guaranteed drops on the rare encounters in Metal/Jewel dungeons. Not only do you rarely see them, but they almost never drop when you do. This was like the 5th time I've seen a TAMA on a jewel run and they've never dropped. Super, super evil on GungHo's part. Oh well, at least I got two kings and a super on my 2 runs. Got my Bast up 10 more levels.

They are super streaky. I've seen next to none since they came out and saw 2 in my 10 runs yesterday, one dropped.

10 rerolls I get my second super rare drawn joker :| why would I ever want to change attack orbs to heal orbs?

Orb changers, especially heart makers, are great sub monsters for your team. Heart makers serve several purposes. First they let you stall on earlier levels so you can charge up your more powerful skills for the boss. Second, they provide a great way of managing your board, for instance if you want certain number of combos or to not make combos of a certain color. Finally, when combined with heartbreakers(skills that turn hearts into attack orbs), they allow for bigger burst damage versus bosses. They are really good when skilled up so you can activate them every 5 turns, but most of them are farmable and not at all a good starting roll.

J0dy77

Got excited at getting a 5 star super rare (echinda) only to find its not on the tier list. Enough rerolls for tonight will try again tomorrow

Echidna is one of the best characters in the game if not the best but she's easily farmable and not a leader. Which is why she isn't on the list. You'll have lots of fun skilling her up along your journey, eventually.

10 rerolls I get my second super rare drawn joker :| why would I ever want to change attack orbs to heal orbs?

A couple things, it can be used to give you extra healing when the board has no hearts and one more hit will wipe you. Or it can be used as a combination with heart breakers that turn hearts into a different color. Drawn Joker and Angelion are the two most popular mobs for this.

44.5k exp plus 3 dragon flower to evo for a skill up monster for my Artemis on the Groove Coaster collab? Ouch. At least the exp/stam is pretty good.

Took me 30 squids to skill up my Artemis, and now I have to get 2 more skill ups? ARGH!. At least the highest difficulty is really easy for Valk teams. Hopefully I will be able to get the last skill ups from dropped evolved ones.

Rolled a Hanzo last godfest, so Hamahime is alright, BUT purple chasers!

J0dy77

So after who knows how many leaks being fed to susano with no skillup, I just fed 3 and got 1 skillup then 5 and got FOUR skillups. What kind of sorcery is this? Susano is now maxed but I still never really use him. So happy to finally get rid of the leaks that were eating up my box space.

So after who knows how many leaks being fed to susano with no skillup, I just fed 3 and got 1 skillup then 5 and got FOUR skillups. What kind of sorcery is this? Susano is now maxed but I still never really use him. So happy to finally get rid of the leaks that were eating up my box space.

did you pray to #RNGesus?

In the long run it all balances out i suppose. Wait til you get 1/31 trolled skilling up gravity or something.

suko_32

RNG so random and I'm jealous. A while ago I fed like 23 leeks to Susano and no skill up when I only need one more. Then again I'm that guy who got a SUPER when feeding my U&Y making it go 1 to 99 in a blink so it evens out.

quin

Gungho is holding a survey in celebration of P&D's two year anniversary to choose the next three monsters who will receive ultimate evolutions.

If an ultimate evolution has already been decided or implemented it will receive a branch.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140205_sinka_anke.html

It is official so only one vote per account and i believe only players on the JP servers are eligible.

Nista

Seriously, another stupid Pengdra village tomorrow and still no gold dragons? WTH Gungho US, you really don't want money. :/

Guess I'm just salty cause I missed my Super dragon slot today due to a hour long design meeting.

yami4ct

DAMN IT REM GIVE ME A GOOD STARTER IM SICK OF REROLLING QQ

I know the feeling. I didn't re-roll on my US account because I didn't know about what I needed. Luckily, I got really lucky during a Godfest and pulled Bastet, but it would have been super tricky if I hadn't. Just know you'll be saving yourself a ton of cash and grief in the long run by getting a good start.

Gungho is holding a survey in celebration of P&D's two year anniversary to choose the next three monsters who will receive ultimate evolutions.

If an ultimate evolution has already been decided or implemented it will receive a branch.

It is official so only one vote per account and i believe only players on the JP servers are eligible.

The voting page separates monsters into series, so officially the toy dragons are Fancy Dragons and heartbreakers are Heroes (not to be confused with the Hero Gods). Bad Dragons aren't eligible so we'll never know their true name lol

coy

DAMN IT REM GIVE ME A GOOD STARTER IM SICK OF REROLLING QQ

If this is the case, maybe just play the game and wait for the next godfest (which should be later in the month) so you don't get sick of the whole thing altogether. I'm thinking you're not super serious, but it is an option.

Just a guess but I'll roll with Kirin, Byakko and Dark Meta to come out winners.

colinp

Banned
If this is the case, maybe just play the game and wait for the next godfest (which should be later in the month) so you don't get sick of the whole thing altogether. I'm thinking you're not super serious, but it is an option.

Just a guess but I'll roll with Kirin, Byakko and Dark Meta to come out winners.

The next Godfest should be later in the month? How often do they do god fests these days?

I really want to play this game 100% I love the mechanics I just don't want to get boned later :(

The good thing about dipping your toes in the water first is that the early stages completely fly by once you get a grip on the game. Back when I first started with a "sick of rerolling" starter it took me like a week to get past Castle of Satan. On my JP account with a better starter? Took me about a day.

also soiifjoifjwaoij32otu90uffwaofwejofwja i just got a tamababy out of JP PAL I hope this doesn't mean they are displacing full TAMADRA

ccbfan

The same happened with my Gabe.

First 9? (3 sets of 3). 0 skills ups
3/4 for a set of 4.
next 6 (2 sets of 3) 0 skill ups
2/5 in a set of five after that for final 2 skill ups.

Rem is Rem.

I got 4/4 with my Fire Golem once (After going like 1 for 20)

Colby

I guess I don't get the super metal love. 12 Highs and 3 Kings for 150 stamina was a total buzzkill today. I can't imagine spending stones for that.

I guess I don't get the super metal love. 12 Highs and 3 Kings for 150 stamina was a total buzzkill today. I can't imagine spending stones for that.

For IAP and people who have stones and dont pull rem anymore and 100+ stamina bar, super kings is the most stamina/time/box efficient way to farm for exp. You average around 225k per 50 stam IIRC, and with a proper team you can run it once a minute, You can feed the drops directly to your monsters too, so no cluttered box full of pengdras. You are basically limited only by the # of stones you use.

coy

The next Godfest should be later in the month? How often do they do god fests these days?

About twice a month, one near the beginning/end of the month and the other halfway through.

also soiifjoifjwaoij32otu90uffwaofwejofwja i just got a tamababy out of JP PAL I hope this doesn't mean they are displacing full TAMADRA

Let's hope not. I pulled 2 during this event from PAL and would hate to see good results like that netting no awakenings.

Jinko

Seriously, another stupid Pengdra village tomorrow and still no gold dragons? WTH Gungho US, you really don't want money. :/

Guess I'm just salty cause I missed my Super dragon slot today due to a hour long design meeting.

It is annoying, I duno why they don,t just put up all 5 elements for the hour and let players choose. Would probably make far too much sense.

Just tried a Kushinadahime out on my friends list and now I want one.

linsivvi

I managed to evolve a couple gold pengdras from running challenge mode. Do they really expect us to farm gold dragons there?

linsivvi

It really makes no damn sense why they are so stingy with gold dragons.

My theory is that the person responsible for US events and updates absolutely hates his job, so he decided to take it out on us.

No other explanation why we are even falling behind EU on certain things.

Genji

My theory is that the person responsible for US events and updates absolutely hates his job, so he decided to take it out on us.

No other explanation why we are even falling behind EU on certain things.

At first I thought they just really wanted to encourage you to stone during a once a month gold dragon event, but it's so infrequent it has to be something else. I like your explanation! Crazy that the US is behind the EU which is only a few months old.

Rahk

4 runs of Metal Dragons (2x kings), no kings. 4 runs of Wednesday dungeon, no Mystic Masks. Today is not my day.

Musan

Guess what needs gold kings to evolve now?

sinka.jpg

raiot

Oh, 1 gold king is a small price for an awakening... I hope the babys do at least drop more often than the normal ones...

Another news: Gold Dragons tomorrow!

raiot

I dont know if it is better...
You can farm kings on KoG, Super Gold, Gold...
Normal gold dragons are much more rare to players that can beat twinlits...

Top Bottom