• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Limit

I was finally able to install monster strike on my tablet and played it for an hour or two. The gameplay is really basic. Or at least that's how it seems to me because of language barrier issue. I just knocked various characters around until all the onscreen enemies died. I'll keep it installed and play it here and there but with my current experience I don't see the appeal.

I was finally able to install monster strike on my tablet and played it for an hour or two. The gameplay is really basic. Or at least that's how it seems to me because of language barrier issue. I just knocked various characters around until all the onscreen enemies died. I'll keep it installed and play it here and there but with my current experience I don't see the appeal.
I like the feels you get when you completely waste a map with a well placed shot (´・ω・`)

JP murakofest includes Hanzo, which I guess is GungHo's way of "helping" those who don't have him to attain one.

Limit

What does Anubis tier mean why is he special?

His leader skill is so powerful that there is currently no monster in the game that he can't kill in one shot, assuming you can trigger it. Triggering him used to be mostly luck dependent, thus the moniker, Anubis tier. This name is now slightly less applicable because of a recent update where one version of Anubis has been made easier to activate. Excellent monster.

Limit

So if I'm looking at this right Anubis can multiply his damage by 10 if he does a 10x chain?

Yes. And paired with another Anubis leader the team does x100 damage for 10 combo chain. To contextualize this damage be mindful of the fact that currently the most commonly run teams are x3 leaders who when paired with another x3 leader collectively do x9 damage.

J0dy77

DAMN IT REM GIVE ME A GOOD STARTER IM SICK OF REROLLING QQ

I would suggest waiting until the next godfest as others have mentioned. There is a lot to get used to and learn in the game early on. You've already learned the biggest rule of this thread, "NEVER ROLL STONES OUTSIDE A GODFEST".

Play the game, stockpile all of the stones you can, run challenge mode to get extra stones for the next fest which should be in under 2 weeks. If you don't get a decent god after that start rerolling during that 24 hour window. You'll know a lot more about the game and won't get burned out.

Yay,gold dragons tomorrow. Now I can finally get rid of all these damn pengdras!

oh god thank you

FINALLY!!! There was really zero reason to hold this back.

razterik

Ugh, the baby Tamadra nerf was already incredibly stupid and now it is doubly so in the US where we won't even get to evolve the things more than once every couple months.

Kreed

Ugh, the baby Tamadra nerf was already incredibly stupid and now it is doubly so in the US where we won't even get to evolve the things more than once every couple months.

Yeah I don't see the point in Baby Tamadra anymore. It was bad enough to replace the regular Tamadra with Baby Tamadra, but I got that Gungho didn't want to give out Tamadra's so easily in a dungeon. But now that it can evolve (and with pretty easily obtained evo materials), what's the point of even having it?

Also nice to see the Riders will be getting Ultimates soon. Hopefully the upgrades are significant.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Stock up on Gold Dragons tomorrow. With how rare those fuckers are...

Also this:

1779055_785113531517481_761550113_n.jpg

Althane

Also this:

That's a freaking expensive evolution for that. I mean,I get that awakenings are supposed to be useful edges that take a decent chunk to get, but... damn.

Edit: Got my 150 day bonus, trying to think of the last time I saw Gold dragons. Long time before Christmas, I'm fairly sure.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The mats are fine outside of the Dubs. If this means they'll give out Baby's more frequently, I guess i'm ok with it.

Still horseshit.

This is my exact thought. Make baby Tama more easy to obtain and we'll talk.

Trying to figure out if RSonia can do Mythical Goemon. Anyone seen or read of any teams that can do it? I want to farm that bastard.

Also this:

Finally a use for Light Dublits - I hate getting trolled in the Dublit friday dungeon, at least this way there is only 1 "lose" drop on the last floor.

Still really high evo cost, but it does make that dublit dungeon hurt a little less.

Of course this is only if those baby Tamas are more common than current tamas...

Radav

The mats are fine outside of the Dubs. If this means they'll give out Baby's more frequently, I guess i'm ok with it.

Still horseshit.

Seriously... it's hard enough to obtain as it stands now. So are these going to rain down upon us from the heavens or are they going to be just as scarce as the current Tamadra with the ability for us to evo them if we want to farm all the mats. Blah..

Trying to figure out if RSonia can do Mythical Goemon. Anyone seen or read of any teams that can do it? I want to farm that bastard.

Had a lot of stamina to spend earlier today so I tried it out, and I actually somehow 0 stoned it. Used a lot of time planning my moves though and had a few close calls so it wasn't really a farm run I guess.

Byakko/Byakko
Hera-Is
D/W Vamp
D/W Bat
Enchilada

razterik

GungHo clearly thinks Tamadras are too easy to obtain (haha) so they are doing this to roll them back and make people stone more for them. Bet the babies stay rare. I'm really curious if they are going to try to switch them into the JP gifts now. Because otherwise this has no real effect on most players in JP outside the heaviest spenders, who probably already took advantage enough to awaken most of their rosters.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Had a lot of stamina to spend earlier today so I tried it out, and I actually somehow 0 stoned it. Used a lot of time planning my moves though and had a few close calls so it wasn't really a farm run I guess.

Byakko/Byakko
Hera-Is
D/W Vamp
D/W Bat
Enchilada

I could try my Haku team out, or I could just clear with my Kirin team again...But it was scary at times. One wrong match with Kirin would end me. Although my team is a lot stronger now since my last run through it with Kirin, it's still not crazy safe.

I'm SO close to rank 267 - hit 264 just a few minutes ago. I'm stoning to run Hello Kitty until I hit that magical 150 stam mark. Well, after I farm Pengdra for the hour. :|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Do you have a RK? He would be a MUCH safer sub in case you get double leader bound on Goemon. You can probably sub out your CDKV for it.

E: Pop your RK the turn he's going to bind in case your leaders AND RK get bound. That shit hurts and WILL happen if you aren't prepared for it.

yami4ct

GungHo clearly thinks Tamadras are too easy to obtain (haha) so they are doing this to roll them back and make people stone more for them. Bet the babies stay rare. I'm really curious if they are going to try to switch them into the JP gifts now. Because otherwise this has no real effect on most players in JP outside the heaviest spenders, who probably already took advantage enough to awaken most of their rosters.

TAMAs are pretty damn easy to get in Japan. They give them out like candy as gifts. I have 4 sitting in my box right now with no idea what to do with them. It's in the US that they're insanely hard to get. If they start giving out baby TAMAS like they do adult ones in Japan, I think I'd be OK with that. I'd prefer they didn't take them out of Metal/Jewel dungeons, though.

I was pleasantly surprised with 10 stones for playing 400 days.

Those evo mats for TAMAbaby aren't so bad. Much better than raising rare dupes that often require Dub-myths and Mystic Masks. My issue with it is that it's replacing a full grown TAMA in Twinlits. I must've farmed over 30 TAMAs from that dungeon alone since we got it. Imagine if all of those were babies that needed to be evo'd. But I guess that's the tradeoff for getting regular access to it every Friday and 10 lower stamina cost to run. People shouldn't have to wait for rare events to get Twinlits to evo their monsters, especially if they have to skip an event then wait another long time because they don't have a capable team yet. It's too bad the Light Dub doesn't drop in Twinlits instead of the tricolor Dubs.

I have pretty good success with a Siegfried Physical team, using King Bubblie to 1-shot Goemon. Problem is that hardly anyone is running him. They're running I&I/Hermes instead, which I think is much weaker, because 2x RCV is not really enough to comfortably stall on 4F to charge Orochi. Even with Siren making Hearts every 5 turns, it's hard to keep up with 9500+ damage every turn, and then 14000+ damage when she gets below 30% health. I ran both teams, and while they're both 0-stone capable, I've found Siegfried much more reliable and faster since you don't have to stall for Orochi. And BlOdin, Hermes, and Bubblie give you 6 Skill Boosts so that Siegfried/Megalodran are ready on turn 1 and Bubblie is ready in only 11 turns instead of 17 (assuming no skill-ups). Also 9x Water ATK eats right through Mid Fire Ninja defenses, and sometimes even the other Mid Ninjas including Wood if you overkill.

I really need to start skilling-up the other tricolor slimes. But max-skilling Shynee and Baddie were just so tedious, I hate thinking about trying to do it 3 more times. But if Bubblie were max-skilled, Goemon runs with Siegfried would be so fast and much safer with minimal need to stall.

Here's the team I ran 6 times already today:

Siegfried
BlOdin (3 Skill Boosts + 3 Row Enhance)
Megalodran(or Echidna)
Hermes (1 Skill Boost)
King Bubblie (2 Skill Boosts)
Siegfried

Megalodran gives the team more HP, general firepower, and burst potential. It also makes Hearts if needed and has a 50% chance to resist bind on 4F if awoken. And all the Skill Boosts means it's active on turn 1. The problem is that you can be orb screwed on Goemon if you enter the boss fight with a bunch of Dark and/or Light orbs on the board and Goemon is on a 1 turn counter. Even with King Bubblie spike, you might not be able to 1-shot Goemon.

Echidna lowers damage potential but is a huge safety button, especially with 6 Skill Boosts lowering her CD to only 4 turns for initial activation. If you're about to die on 4F, you can Menace to survive and kill Mitsuki and you still have chance to 1-shot Goemon with King Bubblie, or have an extra turn to attack if Goemon shows up on a 2-turn timer. And if you're able to save Echidna until Goemon, it's basically a guaranteed victory with King Bubblie and a 4-turn cushion to blast Goemon.

Like I said, I think this team is much more consistent than I&I/Hermes that more people seem to be running. But maybe I'm just using the wrong strategy for I&I/Hermes. Is anyone here having consistent success with I&I/Hermes? If so, what's your strategies?

ccbfan

Yup I'm completely OK with baby tamas if they give them out like Japan.

Those mats are easy to get.

Will make me go back to Pengdra leveling though with all the extra plants. (LOL we actually want flowers now)

Tobe

I would have no problems with baby tamas as long as gungho jus gave out like 20 free tamas. That would make me feel ok.

Limit

I would be glad if NA gungho merely decided to finally release Egyptian ultimates that EU PAD got instantly with 6.3 update.

Musan

I tried Siegfried for a bit, but I think a Lakshmi 9x team would work better with my makeup. I just went back to my Kushinada team. I saw a Goemon team with blue subs went fast, just need 2 siefrieds and some other orb changers.

xCobalt

I usually run mono blue 4xhp and 4xrcv with an Echidna. Pretty slow but its safe.

razterik

It's too bad the Light Dub doesn't drop in Twinlits instead of the tricolor Dubs.
Siegfried
BlOdin (3 Skill Boosts + 3 Row Enhance)
Megalodran(or Echidna)
Hermes (1 Skill Boost)
King Bubblie (2 Skill Boosts)
Siegfried
Like I said, I think this team is much more consistent than I&I/Hermes that more people seem to be running. But maybe I'm just using the wrong strategy for I&I/Hermes. Is anyone here having consistent success with I&I/Hermes? If so, what's your strategies?

All five Dubs drop in Twinlits.

If you are willing to use Echidna instead of Megalodran, have you considered Hatsume? She eats dark orbs and has row enhance and skill boost awakenings. Even unskilled, she would be up in 2 turns.

I would run a similar team, but have never lucked into a Blue Odin. I found the typical blue team alright the handful of times I ran it, but I still haven't made maxing Goemon a priority.

I tried Siegfried for a bit, but I think a Lakshmi 9x team would work better with my makeup. I just went back to my Kushinada team. I saw a Goemon team with blue subs went fast, just need 2 siefrieds and some other orb changers.
You made me try to ultimate evo her, and I didn't see the flashing yellow fusion button. Lakshmi's leader skill does give you more flexibility to use monsters like Hera-Is, Fenrir Knight, Hatsume, etc.. And also more Skill Boosts. What subs did you have in mind for a 9x Lakshmi team?

A Goemon + Water subs sounds interesting. I do have 2 max-skill Siegfrieds, too. Also have a max-skilled Fenrir Knight and Hatsumi. The first round just seems so random if the Ninjas don't get you right into threshold level without killing you. I'll try it out though.

I actually noticed you have a +297 max-skilled BlOdin up. You and UPC actually both have 'em up. That's hardcore, skilling them up through the Batman collab. Is that your only one or do you have a 2nd/3rd? Are you running it for Goemon? I used it for a Goemon run and almost died. The dropoff from 9x to 7x ATK made a bigger difference than I expected. Didn't 1-shot Goemon, but luckily he was on a 2-turn counter so I killed him on the next turn.

I've had solid success with Hermes/Gabriel teams for Goemon if anyone is looking to go that route.
4x HP but only 2x RCV? You don't have an issue with healing?

Actually, I used to farm Goemon with my dual Luci team. Very safe and easy, just tediously long and boring. Luci is still very effective, I just don't have the patience to farm with him anymore. I managed to max-skill my Zeus with my Luci team, but it took several Zeus descend events to do it because each run took so long. That's why I'm experimenting with quicker alternative teams for farming dungeons that I used to farm with Luci. Also, I think a lot of other players are doing the same thing, because I don't see as many people running Luci during the various descends that I use to commonly see him being used for before.

All five Dubs drop in Twinlits.

If you are willing to use Echidna instead of Megalodran, have you considered Hatsume? She eats dark orbs and has row enhance and skill boost awakenings. Even unskilled, she would be up in 2 turns.

I would run a similar team, but have never lucked into a Blue Odin. I found the typical blue team alright the handful of times I ran it, but I still haven't made maxing Goemon a priority.
Ah, you're right about Twinlits. For some reason I was thinking 2F was always the tricolor Dubs.

Actually no, I hadn't considered Hatsume, simply because she wasn't Physical. But you're right, if I'm running Echidna anyway I wouldn't be giving up damage by running Hatsume instead. It would just be an orb change in lieu of delay. But like I said, no one is running Siegfried, so I'm not gonna be able to farm Goemon with that team today, anyway.

saichi

Do you have a RK? He would be a MUCH safer sub in case you get double leader bound on Goemon. You can probably sub out your CDKV for it.

E: Pop your RK the turn he's going to bind in case your leaders AND RK get bound. That shit hurts and WILL happen if you aren't prepared for it.

I do have a few RKs. Extra delay from Okuni wouldn't help this team, right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I do have a few RKs. Extra delay from Okuni wouldn't help this team, right?

Not really. Batman and Luci give you a 4/2/2 team. You have two relatively strong RCV monsters on there who are both heart makers (high skill = better obviously). As long as you are doing big combos to keep the board refreshed and plan your big attacks right, you should be fine.

I would pop in Endless and see what your healing capability is with your team. Make sure you can take the 20,250 Fireworks, and see if you can't take 2 Coin Throws (15,190 damage each, so >30,380 HP). That means you will buy yourself an extra turn in case you get orb trolled.

razterik

Will try to keep my Siegfried up today. Only running masks for evos and Hello Kitty right now so I don't need to use anything special.

saichi

Not really. Batman and Luci give you a 4/2/2 team. You have two relatively strong RCV monsters on there who are both heart makers (high skill = better obviously). As long as you are doing big combos to keep the board refreshed and plan your big attacks right, you should be fine.

I would pop in Endless and see what your healing capability is with your team. Make sure you can take the 20,250 Fireworks, and see if you can't take 2 Coin Throws (15,190 damage each, so >30,380 HP). That means you will buy yourself an extra turn in case you get orb trolled.

Little ninjas kicked my ass :x

I've been sitting on a pile of little Gold Dragons for quite a while, now. I guess fuck the yellow Pengdras; I'll just wait some more for TAMADRA babies.

bodine1231

Ok, so tomorrow I should have 25 evolved Pengdra. Of these light characters, how should I use all that xp? I probably won't use Ra (as a leader) if I'm honest.

OH MY GOD

My brother decided to download P&D after watching me playing and rerolling, he fucking pulled Ame no Uzume *table flip* P&D gods laugh at me *rerolls again*

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ok, so tomorrow I should have 25 evolved Pengdra. Of these light characters, how should I use all that xp? I probably won't use Ra (as a leader) if I'm honest.

If you aren't using Ra:

Valk > Verche > Fairlio > Zeus > Ra

• Valk is your healer lead and amazing sub. Getting her to 90+ should be your priority. If she's max skilled, even better.
  • Verche and Fairlio are kind of interchangeable depending on skill levels on them. If they're both maxed (and you have Echidna and Shynee), I'd go Fairlio because you can farm SOOO much with a Valk/Valk team. If not, Verche busty with max skill is awesome. Also plays nice with Kirin if you ever pull her.
  • Zeus is useful again because of Twinlits. On top of that, his 35% gravity is awesome. Like, really awesome.
  • Ra can be used on a Twinlit team as a sub instead of poison. So I'd level him eventually for that reason alone.

Tobe

theory time, the strengths of a d tron team comes from the massive 16x with one of the easiest requirements. also damage is enough most of the time because atk subs are very damaging, no resistance since its almost a mono dark team.

also whats the strengths of a valk team? powerful 9x atk, awesome rcv and no requirements just healer type right?

wouldnt a 2x D/L yomi team work better? its the same 9x atk with only one requirement which is pretty easy to fulfill. you can run many many teams with it.

2x D/L yomi
D/L bats (delay. sucks that i dont have one)
Valk / blue valk
Kirin (gravity)
Choice of heart maker or something that buffs attacks.

you can run attackers mainly gryps and arthur, valks, Both trons, Grodin,

yeah its rem heavy but still i think it could be better than valk teams.

OH MY GOD

My brother decided to download P&D after watching me playing and rerolling, he fucking pulled Ame no Uzume *table flip* P&D gods laugh at me *rerolls again*

check my post in this thread and the last one, it gets better.

J0dy77

I just got my 400 day bonus. Going to bump up some box space to 325 to house these extra gold dragons. Really wish we didn't need a light dub for evolve since i have just awful awful luck with them. Always seem to get dark.

theory time, the strengths of a d tron team comes from the massive 16x with one of the easiest requirements. also damage is enough most of the time because atk subs are very damaging, no resistance since its almost a mono dark team.

also whats the strengths of a valk team? powerful 9x atk, awesome rcv and no requirements just healer type right?

wouldnt a 2x D/L yomi team work better? its the same 9x atk with only one requirement which is pretty easy to fulfill. you can run many many teams with it.

2x D/L yomi
D/L bats (delay. sucks that i dont have one)
Valk / blue valk
Kirin (gravity)
Choice of heart maker or something that buffs attacks.

you can run attackers mainly gryps and arthur, valks, Both trons, Grodin,

yeah its rem heavy but still i think it could be better than valk teams.

check my post in this thread and the last one, it gets better.
Dtron's strength comes also from her crazy-good awakenings. With the right subs, you can get lots of skill boosts and row enhances, and that adds up to a ton of damage.

16x is also quite a lot better than 9x.

Musan

You made me try to ultimate evo her, and I didn't see the flashing yellow fusion button. Lakshmi's leader skill does give you more flexibility to use monsters like Hera-Is, Fenrir Knight, Hatsume, etc.. And also more Skill Boosts. What subs did you have in mind for a 9x Lakshmi team?

A Goemon + Water subs sounds interesting. I do have 2 max-skill Siegfrieds, too. Also have a max-skilled Fenrir Knight and Hatsumi. The first round just seems so random if the Ninjas don't get you right into threshold level without killing you. I'll try it out though.

I actually noticed you have a +297 max-skilled BlOdin up. You and UPC actually both have 'em up. That's hardcore, skilling them up through the Batman collab. Is that your only one or do you have a 2nd/3rd? Are you running it for Goemon? I used it for a Goemon run and almost died. The dropoff from 9x to 7x ATK made a bigger difference than I expected. Didn't 1-shot Goemon, but luckily he was on a 2-turn counter so I killed him on the next turn.

Yeah, Lakshmi evo isn't in yet, but when it is in, It'll be my team of choice of goemon farming. Goemon team with blue subs will need a high hp threshold, around 27k for the 1st floor.

I put blodin up because a friend requested it. I think it can work, just need to pile on row enhance and orb changers. I feel more comfortable running Kushinada, lot of safety options.

Top Bottom