• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

Dtron's strength comes also from her crazy-good awakenings. With the right subs, you can get lots of skill boosts and row enhances, and that adds up to a ton of damage.

16x is also quite a lot better than 9x.

yeah my post came up as in better than both, im saying its way better than valk tho. dtron is just dtron.

I just got my 400 day bonus. Going to bump up some box space to 325 to house these extra gold dragons. Really wish we didn't need a light dub for evolve since i have just awful awful luck with them. Always seem to get dark.

My 400 is tomorrow or the next day. How many do you get for it?

Nista

Finally my pleas have been answered. Good think it's on plant day so I can evolve the Pengdra masses quickly.

I actually have the same question for who to dump the light xp onto first as above, but throw in a Lmeta. I actually do use Ra in my Twinlits team instead of poison, and I think he's pretty nice (too bad I didn't skill him up properly during batman, terrible Bane luck).

You guys think it's better to use the Ra busty instead of Horus busty as a leader, once we ever get them enabled?

yami4ct

I remember when getting to 50 stamina seemed like so much. Now it doesn't seem nearly enough. I'd love to be able to get more runs of 15 or 20 stam dungeons.

bodine1231

If you aren't using Ra:

Valk > Verche > Fairlio > Zeus > Ra

• Valk is your healer lead and amazing sub. Getting her to 90+ should be your priority. If she's max skilled, even better.
  • Verche and Fairlio are kind of interchangeable depending on skill levels on them. If they're both maxed (and you have Echidna and Shynee), I'd go Fairlio because you can farm SOOO much with a Valk/Valk team. If not, Verche busty with max skill is awesome. Also plays nice with Kirin if you ever pull her.
  • Zeus is useful again because of Twinlits. On top of that, his 35% gravity is awesome. Like, really awesome.
  • Ra can be used on a Twinlit team as a sub instead of poison. So I'd level him eventually for that reason alone.

I forgot to mention that I also have a 67 Venus as well. My Valk team is pretty good.
Lvl 75 max skill Valk,Lvl 60 Enchelada,Lvl 67 Venus,60 Angelion max skilled and Max lvl King Shynee.

On Padx it looks like I'll get more out of leveling Angelion or Venus over Valk (400hp vs 200hp respectively) however Valk will probably be used in other teams as well so there's that dilemma.

bodine1231

Finally my pleas have been answered. Good think it's on plant day so I can evolve the Pengdra masses quickly.

I actually have the same question for who to dump the light xp onto first as above, but throw in a Lmeta. I actually do use Ra in my Twinlits team instead of poison, and I think he's pretty nice (too bad I didn't skill him up properly during batman, terrible Bane luck).

You guys think it's better to use the Ra busty instead of Horus busty as a leader, once we ever get them enabled?

I have both Ra and Horus and I went with Horus. Horus has a 96% chance of activation compared to 61% for Ra. He's just much easier to use.

Yeah, Lakshmi evo isn't in yet, but when it is in, It'll be my team of choice of goemon farming. Goemon team with blue subs will need a high hp threshold, around 27k for the 1st floor.

I put blodin up because a friend requested it. I think it can work, just need to pile on row enhance and orb changers. I feel more comfortable running Kushinada, lot of safety options.
Even with 27K+ HP, the Ninjas appear with varying timers. So, they could damage you down to 30% health for example, which is no man's land. You can't trigger your multiplier and you can't survive another round of attacks without killing the right amount of Ninjas which takes both skill and luck to kill enough and not too many to put you into the threshold.

Curious, what's your Kushi team lineup? She basically has unlimited sub options, so I haven't the faintest idea what you could be running for Goemon.

I had a couple friends refresh their Siegfried's, so I got a couple more runs in. I'm definitely liking Megalodran over Echidna now. My new strategy on Mitsuki is to pop Siegfried and/or Megalodran on the first turn and do a burst attack taking her down to around 50% health, but not going below her 30% threshold. The next 2 turns are free as she binds you then giggles. So at the most, I'd have to survive 2 attacks before all my monsters are unbound. When they're unbound, activate the second Siegfried and kill her. The shark should now be active for Goemon, so pop the shark, Hermes, and Bubblie and make row enhanced attacks if possible.

Whats your thoughts on putting Angel Cinnamon as a sub in a Valk team, he looks pretty useful. (Skilling him up don't look like much fun though)

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1161
Yeah, it's impossible to skill it up without massively pulling the Kitty REM. But it's actually a pretty great monster for Valk and has great awakenings. A 13-turn CD won't see as much use as Valk/Angelion, but it's great for boss round burst attacks in conjunction with King Shynee, Valk, and Angelion. You'd be converting everything except for Wood orbs to Light.

I just got my 400 day bonus. Going to bump up some box space to 325 to house these extra gold dragons. Really wish we didn't need a light dub for evolve since i have just awful awful luck with them. Always seem to get dark.

Mine comes up in a few days. Just staggering when you think about it.

Kreed

Nice, just got mine today too, as well as my first "too much mail" warning. Didn't realize there was a mail limit, but I'm glad the game doesn't make the mail disappear if you miss it/it can't get sent to your device.

J0dy77

My 400 is tomorrow or the next day. How many do you get for it?

10 Stones. I figured I'd mention it since there are a ton of us that started right around the same time and would be getting it soon.

4x HP but only 2x RCV? You don't have an issue with healing?

It's definitely not the safest team or quick farm team. I was commenting more for people who have not cleared Mythical yet. I brought echidna for delay along with Siren for heart healing. With 2x and two healers it works really well, just need to keep 6 hearts on the board. Viper helps as well.

Did my first Pengdra run (2 runs actually, since my stamina refilled upon ranking up), earned 7 small ones and 3 large ones.

From what I heard, these adorable little guys provide more exp then metal/jeweled dragons, correct?

Did my first Pengdra run (2 runs actually, since my stamina refilled upon ranking up), earned 7 small ones and 3 large ones.

From what I heard, these adorable little guys provide more exp then metal/jeweled dragons, correct?
Correct, mostly. The little ones provide 9000 EXP on matching colors at level 10 (it takes around 2500 EXP to get it to max level), and the big ones provide 45000 EXP on matching colors. You can evolve the little ones into the big ones, but they require the little colored dragons.

It's still less EXP than King and Super King dragons, but it's more than High dragons.

*Weekend Defenders*
[Duration]: 2/8 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 2/10 (Mon), 11:59 PM (PST)

Descended Monsters continue to appear throughout the weekend! The potential to obtain these monsters will help any Monster Box, but do you have the time to conquer them all?

2/8 - The Goddess Descended!
2/9 - Athena Descended!
2/10 - Tengu!!!

As a bonus for this special weekend, *1000 Pal Points* are being awarded to players each day!

And wait, what's this? If you log in throughout the event, you might stumble into a Dragon's lair!

**WARNING: You can only hold a max of 10000 Pal points--any points that go over this limit will be deleted!**
I like this trend

edit: happy 10k replies again

yami4ct

Ohhh. The goddess descended is back? Hmmmmm. 99% sure I'm not ready to take it on, but I'd kill to have a Valk for my Bast team. Maybe I'll try to throw something together for it, but most likely will just wait for it to come back around.

coy

Glad to see an evo for baby tamas. Mats are not obscenely difficult to attain, either. Still a harsh decision with the initial change considering our dearth of free tamas.

I have both Ra and Horus and I went with Horus. Horus has a 96% chance of activation compared to 61% for Ra. He's just much easier to use.

Nista was asking about the busty forms, though. What I read on the forums is that L/L Ra has a reported 95% activation rate (post #21) for the 4x which is on par with Horus. In any event, I'd roll with L/L Ra. If you've got the experience with Ra, transitioning into L/L should not be too tasking.

I like this trend

Agreed!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not sure if anyone here runs Ronia or Pandora that isn't on my friends list, but I'm going to be running both of them a LOT more. Ronia is ridiculous, and Pandora appears to have a LOT more potential than I originally thought.

For anyone with Ronia, check this out. Works amazingly well: Goemon Mythical

Genji

Not sure if anyone here runs Ronia or Pandora that isn't on my friends list, but I'm going to be running both of them a LOT more. Ronia is ridiculous, and Pandora appears to have a LOT more potential than I originally thought.

Added, although it'll still be a little while before I main Pandora as I have a lot of awakenings I need to get into that team until it's better than my current Haku team.

Jinko

I have her, but she's lowish down on my to do list.

LOL at fight 4 though, talk about cutting it close -.-

xCobalt

Yeah I'll definitely be running her more often once I get some more pengdras/ruby dragons. A bit underleveled right now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have her, but she's lowish down on my to do list.

LOL at fight 4 though, talk about cutting it close -.-

Yeah, knowing your limits is key to surviving bullshit like that. I've done it where I've taken a hit and had like 12 HP left. It's awesome, haha.

Totakeke

Running the Hello Kitty collab for a while already yet still no invades. All the mechdragons didn't have any invades either.

Meh.

Kreed

I'm still working on Red Sonia but I was thinking more of using her as a sub for a Hera-Ur team. But I do like that team's RCV.

I f'ing knew it. Screw you Gungho. 1am gold dragons. What a freaking joke. I will never understand their logic.

Gungho probably didn't think of Timezones when they made this game. Their time zones work a bit better for the West Coast vs the East Coast.

quin

I f'ing knew it. Screw you Gungho. 1am gold dragons. What a freaking joke. I will never understand their logic.

honestly, that sounds so nice. Having dungeons during the day or early evening makes them so difficult to run. Especially dungeons such as gold metal, super descended and that plant descended. Miss those you are waiting a month or so for the next one.

Radav

NOOOOOOoooOOOOOooOOOOOoooOOOOoo! Why did I not see this coming?!?!? I got so many light pengdras yesterday...........

Does the color of the egg that pops out of the rem mean anything? Are there certain egg colors if I see I should instantly stop and reroll?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does the color of the egg that pops out of the rem mean anything? Are there certain egg colors if I see I should instantly stop and reroll?

Gold is Super Rare (so gods and good shit), Silver is Very Rare (I think), Star is Rare (stuff like Echidna, Mermaid, Knights), and anything else is poo (but you can't get those from the REM).

You obviously want Gold as it means you're likely going to get something good. Although a Rider could pop out. Those aren't good. Unless you have DTron.

honestly, that sounds so nice. Having dungeons during the day or early evening makes them so difficult to run. Especially dungeons such as gold metal, super descended and that plant descended. Miss those you are waiting a month or so for the next one.

Well...having them in the middle of the night doesn't make them easy to run either. Call me crazy, I'd rather have them during the day while I'm awake.

Most of the Gold times are terrible. disappointed.gif

Kreed

If you are rerolling an account don't stop for anything other than a Gold Egg from the Gold Egg Machine.

You obviously want Gold as it means you're likely going to get something good. Although a Rider could pop out. Those aren't good. Unless you have DTron.

Gungho is giving the Riders new Ultimates, so they could actually become useful depending on what Gungho does.

I don't think they will ever make us happy :p

It's fine when they give multiple slots to satisfy multiple time zones. Everytime they do this "here's a single time to run this dungeon", someone always gets hosed. I swear there was 4 days in a row where I had Supers at 1AM.

quin

It's fine when they give multiple slots to satisfy multiple time zones. Everytime they do this "here's a single time to run this dungeon", someone always gets hosed. I swear there was 4 days in a row where I had Supers at 1AM.

but here in Japan the times are always between 8 and 10. occasionally there will be one at 11:00. I can't run any dungeon between 10 and 9:30 due to work. I can only run most dungeons twice a week. I'm just too busy.

I would welcome a 24 hour dungeon schedule though. During the new year there were 6 slots a day. I'm sure this would make the hardcore explode though so I can see why they don't always do this.

J0dy77

but here in Japan the times are always between 8 and 10. occasionally there will be one at 11:00. I can't run any dungeon between 10 and 9:30 due to work. I can only run most dungeons twice a week. I'm just too busy.

I would welcome a 24 hour dungeon schedule though. During the new year there were 6 slots a day. I'm sure this would make the hardcore explode though so I can see why they don't always do this.

This is exactly my point. They have one time zone in JP but failed to account for multiple in the US. A simple shift moving it back 3 hours would solve everyone's major gripe. 11pm eastern, 8pm PST would be much better off than the BS they have now.

I'm so annoyed by this.

coy

Wait, I thought the limit was 5000 Pal points, or was it increased recently?

Had to check but the game screen states "1 Play = 200 Pal Points" so we max out at 10000 Pal points.

Need to bumrush the gold dungeon hard today. I'm still undecided about stashing extra in anticipation of another months-long drought. Plus, at the rate they arrive, we may see the 6.4 update before we see another gold dungeon so hauling extra for tama evos might be wise, too.

E: Slowpoke.

Top Bottom