• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

Right, the limit is 50 rolls, not 5K points. Do the mails have an expiry date? Do you know if they will disappear after a while?

It doesn't seem like they expire but your inbox can get full and delete emails. People have mentioned getting warning messages before that happened though. I don't think you're going to have a problem before the next Metal Dragon PAL event.

Right, the limit is 50 rolls, not 5K points. Do the mails have an expiry date? Do you know if they will disappear after a while?

As long as you don't view the mail, you should be fine. If you delete mails, it won't delete unopened or favorited mails. I don't think you'll be saving them all that long, just wait a week or so before increased metal dragons in PAL and fire away.

razterik

I have saved point mails since Thanksgiving. Waiting on more PAL updates or a special rate on something like Tamadras.

Had a connection error earlier while fusing a batch of kitty skill ups. Lost all of them without any fusion occurring. Boo.

suko_32

I f'ing knew it. Screw you Gungho. 1am gold dragons. What a freaking joke. I will never understand their logic.

I was just about to complain as well. After a month or whatever too. I suppose at least it's on my tablet account which I don't care as much, but it still hurts.

Tobe

Thank god I got my gold dragons at 5. I'm probably gonna upgrade my box, I'm a hoarder so probably I got enough with 315 but the sucker is always full (have around 25 light peng)

Had a connection error earlier while fusing a batch of kitty skill ups. Lost all of them without any fusion occurring. Boo.
Shit happened to me twice since the last update. Never happened before that. Also, after finishing a dungeon, if there's a connection error/no connection it'll keep trying or fail, and I could always keep trying or wait until later. Well, this time after timing out a couple of times, it simply booted me into the menu screen without the option to retry to connect, and I lost all the drops from the dungeon. Luckily all I lost from the failed fusion attempts were some evo mats. Would've sucked if it was something like a set of Goemon skill-up mobs.

Speaking of Goemon. Got mine down to 20 turns yesterday. Guess I'm gonna have to wait for another appearance before maxing him out.

Also, I already have 2 max-skilled Valks, but I guess I'll grab another one from her dungeon for a low cost team. Mono-light led by TAMApurin has some potential.

This is exactly my point. They have one time zone in JP but failed to account for multiple in the US. A simple shift moving it back 3 hours would solve everyone's major gripe. 11pm eastern, 8pm PST would be much better off than the BS they have now.

I'm so annoyed by this.
If they did that, we on the west coast would get nonsense, like 4AM time slots and whatnot.

I wish the game would just account for your time zone.

Shit happened to me twice since the last update. Never happened before that. Also, after finishing a dungeon, if there's a connection error/no connection it'll keep trying or fail, and I could always keep trying or wait until later. Well, this time after timing out a couple of times, it simply booted me into the menu screen without the option to retry to connect, and I lost all the drops from the dungeon. Luckily all I lost from the failed fusion attempts were some evo mats. Would've sucked if it was something like a set of Goemon skill-up mobs.

Speaking of Goemon. Got mine down to 20 turns yesterday. Guess I'm gonna have to wait for another appearance before maxing him out.

Also, I already have 2 max-skilled Valks, but I guess I'll grab another one from her dungeon for a low cost team. Mono-light led by TAMApurin has some potential.
Doesn't the fusion occur anyway, without being shown? That's always how it worked before. For example, say you do a fusion and get booted; if you go to your monster box, the EXP is still added to your base monster. Likewise, say you get hosed while pulling on the machine. If you go to your monster box, the new monster(s) should be there already.

I was just thinking about Super Dragon dungeons and the ideal 5 ultimate Ogre teams that can clear them in just 5 turns. It obviously requires 5 max-skilled/awoken ultimate Ogres of the correct variety to pull off such a team. If they're not skilled-up, they're very vulnerable to 1F invasions due to low HP and nonexistent RCV. Well, while it may be a pipe dream for most to max-skill 5 Ogres, you can still get away with only maxing out 1 of them to be able to handle 1F invasions. You'd still need to charge for 5 turns to use the rest, but you're in no danger of dying to non-Super Dragons. And in all my Super runs, I've never seen back-2-back invasions on 1F and 2F. This team is much more efficient than my 4 Whiskeys+Golem team, since you don't have to do any manual attacks.

I was just thinking about Super Dragon dungeons and the ideal 5 ultimate Ogre teams that can clear them in just 5 turns. It obviously requires 5 max-skilled/awoken ultimate Ogres of the correct variety to pull off such a team. If they're not skilled-up, they're very vulnerable to 1F invasions due to low HP and nonexistent RCV. Well, while it may be a pipe dream for most to max-skill 5 Ogres, you can still get away with only maxing out 1 of them to be able to handle 1F invasions. You'd still need to charge for 5 turns to use the rest, but you're in no danger of dying to non-Super Dragons. And in all my Super runs, I've never seen back-2-back invasions on 1F and 2F. This team is much more efficient than my 4 Whiskeys+Golem team, since you don't have to do any manual attacks.

I'm going to start putting that together now. Is there any place that drops Evo'd Ogres outside of Hera-Ur, or do you manually build them?

Kyu

Neo Member
I'm going to start putting that together now. Is there any place that drops Evo'd Ogres outside of Hera-Ur, or do you manually build them?

How are the droprates for Kelpie, Will-o-wisp and Treants? They are cheaper to evolve, just an Emelit and a dragon plant for the Treant vs 1x mythlit, 3 x lits and a keeper for Ogres.

Doesn't the fusion occur anyway, without being shown? That's always how it worked before. For example, say you do a fusion and get booted; if you go to your monster box, the EXP is still added to your base monster. Likewise, say you get hosed while pulling on the machine. If you go to your monster box, the new monster(s) should be there already.
That's what I would have figured. But I'm not sure what happened. All I know is I'm out of monsters with no exp, evo, skill-ups to show for it. Same for the dungeon. No rank exp, gold, or drops. And all those events occurred after the last update. Never had a problem for over a year that I've been playing before it. Maybe GH made some changes to the way these things work. I don't know.

Yeah, various ultimate Ogres drop in several different dungeons. In fact the upcoming Hera-Ur dungeon drops 2 different Flame Strike Ogres and Tengu drops a Rock Strike Ogre. But they're easy to create on your own, since Ogres are commonly acquired from many dungeons. The hardest part of evo'ing them is acquiring Mythlits.

J0dy77

If they did that, we on the west coast would get nonsense, like 4AM time slots and whatnot.

I wish the game would just account for your time zone.

It would be 8PM not 4AM, you're 3 hours behind the east coast. Having these 1am, one time only runs is just f'ing dumb. Still so sour.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a lot of green and blue material to feed, but nobody to really feed it to. I don't have a good Perseus team, so my choices are level Dios, Freyja, Fortoytops, Meimei...But I really don't run green. I have another GrOdin I could level?

Same problem with blue...I don't have Hatsume, but I do have a max skilled Gabriel, a second Andromeda, and a Karin I could sub? I also have another BlOdin. That means I'd be lacking a blue orb maker, but max awoken, 2 BlOdin = 6 blue row enhance? Hmm.

Musan

Also, keep in mind ogre teams are there to optimize farming super dragon dungeons as fast as possible to get as many runs in as time allows. All the supers can be done with a 9x/12.25x team if you have the friends, and are probably better off doing that if you are not trying to do 30-40 runs in an hour.

razterik

Second Blue Odin, easily. Put both on Andromeda and wreck stuff. And for green, Genbu. She goes on lots of teams as a sub.

Is it even possible to have more than one invade in super dragon dungeons? Never seen it.

Nista

Nista was asking about the busty forms, though. What I read on the forums is that L/L Ra has a reported 95% activation rate (post #21) for the 4x which is on par with Horus. In any event, I'd roll with L/L Ra. If you've got the experience with Ra, transitioning into L/L should not be too tasking.

Correctamundo! I guess I'll read that thread and try to decide whether to dump more light XP on Mr. Ra vs my maxed Horus who is just languishing. I just wish Ra was easier to skill up, not that the skill is all that useful in most normal situations.

As for the gold dragons, I feel your pain. Mine at at 2 PM, during my hour long design meeting at work. I'm just going to have to apologize to them and take my tablet along.

What do you guys think is the fastest team to clear regular golds?

Pacman2k

Can anyone post a sweet amaterasu for me again? Going to try the ama/odin team for mythical Hera-Ur (to snag the stone.)

Thanks! 303,245,213

J0dy77

I have a lot of green and blue material to feed, but nobody to really feed it to. I don't have a good Perseus team, so my choices are level Dios, Freyja, Fortoytops, Meimei...But I really don't run green. I have another GrOdin I could level?

Same problem with blue...I don't have Hatsume, but I do have a max skilled Gabriel, a second Andromeda, and a Karin I could sub? I also have another BlOdin. That means I'd be lacking a blue orb maker, but max awoken, 2 BlOdin = 6 blue row enhance? Hmm.

I'm in the same situation. I ran out of Wood and Water mobs that I really care about. I've been feeding any kings or pengdras of those colors to Light. I have so many light mobs that are much more important to my overall teams than a Water Mech I'll probably never use.

While light I have, Zeus, Angelion, Venus, Ra,Thor, Takeminikata and Raphael.

Have I mentioned how pissed I am about 1AM Gold dragons? /sigh

Are you thinking of Super Golds? Because even Kings in regular Golds does chump damage.

Right, but Joker has 0 RCV. So if you are running Kagu + Joker you have a max of 280ish RCV? Although you have Kagus skill, there is still a slight chance of being orb trolled.

You're right though, very small risk.

ido

Some videos I have been watching shows a different UI than what I have during dungeons. There is some kind of orb triangle or something in the top left hand of the screen... Is this just some kind of older UI that has since been removed?

I also notice the life bars from these videos show the orb to the left of the enemy lifebar, letting you know what color monster it is.

I'm still working on my team... I think I am at rank 62 or so.

My current team is:

Archangel Lucifer, maxed out +13
Lilith, maxed out
Empress of Serpents, Echidna, level 31 +1
Vampire Lord, level 34
Kitty BadShynee, level 41

My team cost is up to 68 now I believe.

Some other decent monsters I have that I'd be willing to use if someone has better suggestions for me:
Loki, Keeper of the Rainbow, Siren, D'spinas, Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin, Salamander, Fuma Kotaro, Ivory Dragon, Devil Dragon.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No, damage is same regardless of element. If they are high enough level, they will crack high dragon defense. Little dragons are nothing.

I'm assuming we're talking about the regular little dragons? Highs have 15k and Kings have 60k def.

Satan/Satan seems like a good way to make quick work of the dungeon. That's what I've always used. Although, I could do a high CD reduction team with Minerva sub and Joker or Kagu lead to break def and just pound through that way.

Ducarmel

Some videos I have been watching shows a different UI than what I have during dungeons. There is some kind of orb triangle or something in the top left hand of the screen... Is this just some kind of older UI that has since been removed?

I also notice the life bars from these videos show the orb to the left of the enemy lifebar, letting you know what color monster it is.
Its just general info about monster type it can be turned on and off in the menu, basically saying blue beats red, red beats green, green beats blue and Light and Dark beat each other.

As for your Team, Lucifer teams are great but they are grind teams and take forever to beat the harder dungeons I think he should be used when you want a sure win and have no other team to beat the dungeon. I would think about building a Karin team she will clear most of the games dungeons a lot faster.

Info on the Chinese gods its a good guide read the top and scroll to the bottom for Seiryu
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=15337&pid=135099#pid135099

videos
https://www.google.com/#channel=rcs&q=命護の青龍・カリン&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=vid

Hey, does anyone here know the drop rate for ifrit on the legend difficulty? I have been wanting one for it's eventual awakening and evo, but it doesn't seem to drop at all.

Although, I could do a high CD reduction team with Minerva sub and Joker or Kagu lead to break def and just pound through that way.
I liked your idea and came up with the following team that I put together from my box.

Kagu
BlOdin
Tengu
D.Whiskey
Any max-skilled Knight
Any helper

The Knight's defense break is ready by turn 2. Kagu blasts through any small/high Dragons and D.Whiskey blasts the occasional King. D.Whiskey is on a 4 turn CD, so it's quick to recharge if you run into more kings.

J0dy77

I liked your idea and came up with the following team that I put together from my box.

Kagu
BlOdin
Tengu
D.Whiskey
Any max-skilled Knight
Any helper

The Knight's defense break is ready by turn 2. Kagu blasts through any small/high Dragons and D.Whiskey blasts the occasional King. D.Whiskey is on a 4 turn CD, so it's quick to recharge if you run into more kings.

You never fail to impress George, this is truly a hardcore team. I just run a Batman team for all of these dungeons with multiple orb changers and multiple poisons including Neptune. Takes about 18 fast match turns and only a few minutes but works well.

Colby

So in an hour, can some friends on my list put up some Catwomen? If I'm dropping stones on Golds, I might as well get the most gold possible!

Tim@GAF

384 134 290

I can take a few friend requests, too. Don't you want those delectable PAL points?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Kagu
BlOdin
Tengu
D.Whiskey
Any max-skilled Knight
Any helper

My Whiskey dragons are not skilled up at all, but this seems fun. My Tengu is also not evolved yet. I could probably spend Green XP on him and the 3 extra I have for awakening. Not for today obviously, but it would be a fun team to use eventually.

Jinko

I f'ing knew it. Screw you Gungho. 1am gold dragons. What a freaking joke. I will never understand their logic.

Aye I have set my alarm to get up at 2am, can't afford to miss them lol.

I would welcome a 24 hour dungeon schedule though..

I duno why they don't do this, I mean we have stamina to keep us in check from running these things a million times a day. (could have a different colour each day)

It's almost as if Gungho don't want us to progress at times /sigh

This is exactly my point. They have one time zone in JP but failed to account for multiple in the US. A simple shift moving it back 3 hours would solve everyone's major gripe. 11pm eastern, 8pm PST would be much better off than the BS they have now.

I'm so annoyed by this.

Or just let people choose their dungeon group in the settings :\

Damn, can you image if this happened with a stacked +egg, I think it would make me quit.

Tobe

Reminder for group E, 13 minutes till gold dragons. Stock up like it was a zombie apocalypse, he'll we can call it babydralypse

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ronia/Joker or Kagu + Minerva/BlOdin/GrOdin/D Whiskey. 8 turn CD, my Whiskey is at slvl 2. So I can pop him immediately. Minerva is up in one turn. So I SHOULD be able to do this. 2 more hours until my Golds are up.

Tobe

Ronia/Joker or Kagu + Minerva/BlOdin/GrOdin/D Whiskey. 8 turn CD, my Whiskey is at slvl 2. So I can pop him immediately. Minerva is up in one turn. So I SHOULD be able to do this. 2 more hours until my Golds are up.

this is all for minimizing the time it takes to clear the dungeon?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
this is all for minimizing the time it takes to clear the dungeon?

Yeah, more for fun really. I don't need light xp as bad as some of you. My Valk, Fairlio, and Kirin are already maxed. I just need to clear box space. I can clear relatively quick with Satan, so...

Tobe

actually black valk steam rolls through kings. :) felt nice having one. valk to 70 finally tomorrow gonna evolve her and busty her asap.

got ltron to 50 and rider arthur to 50. and got around 50 dragons on hold. yup im stocked.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
actually black valk steam rolls through kings. :) felt nice having one. valk to 70 finally tomorrow gonna evolve her and busty her asap.

got ltron to 50 and rider arthur to 50. and got around 50 dragons on hold. yup im stocked.

Wouldn't mind a black valk for things like that...

quin

My farming team consists of hino, minerva, Rsonia, appropriate whiskey dragon, belial with echidina, joker or hino as a helper.

Minerva and the dragon are maxed skilled so they can be used from round one.

Super kings is minerva(max), whiskey(max), whiskey, whiskey, whiskey, any helper.

All whiskeys need to be awoken but not maxed skilled(except the one). 5 orb matches and its over. This team is so much easier to make than the ogre team

Top Bottom