• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

Lol, can't get any good monsters or whatever without spending money?

this game CAN be played non-iap. it takes just longer and takes at least 3x the amount of planning a IAPer would take.

but its perfectly playable.

Rolling a first starting God is key to non iaps.

Ducarmel

grumbles*

Right in the middle of gold dragons and my sister decides its a perfect time to face time the family on the ipad I'm using.

I think I've gone through the Gold Dragon dungeon 3 or 4 times (one stone to refill and twice ranking up), and no sign of the tama thing.

Haku team helped me greatly, but for this, I went all dark.

Got a ton of golds, with one King I'm keeping for my light team and one high gold.

Tobe

I think I've gone through the Gold Dragon dungeon 4 times (one stone to refill and twice ranking up), and no sign of the tama thing.

Haku team helped me greatly, but for this, I went all dark.

Got a ton of golds, with one King I'm keeping for my light team and one high gold.

tamas are really really hard to get.

i was running metal dragons earlier, tama appeared on the 1f, no drop thankfully gungod gaved me 2 metal kings :). but yeah seeing it is already rare, getting the drop is really good luck.

If you run two auto-damage leaders, does the damage stack? Or, rather, does it count as one hit for twice as much damage or two hits that get added together? If it's the former, two Kagu/Joker leaders should be enough to melt even high dragons.

If you run two auto-damage leaders, does the damage stack? Or, rather, does it count as one hit for twice as much damage or two hits that get added together? If it's the former, two Kagu/Joker leaders should be enough to melt even high dragons.

add together as one attack. You should be able to auto through everything but a King and Tams

Rahk

Maybe it's time for me to start thinking about descends. Which ones should I look at running first? I beat the Hello Kitty Dungeon but I'm guessing that's somewhat easier than descends.

Here's my current box (JP) if anyone has any ideas on a team I should be focusing on:
http://www.padherder.com/user/Rahk/monsters/
Levels and things probably aren't up to date, but current evolutions should be correct.

I like the idea of a Hunter x Hunter team so I've been focusing on them a bit for fun.
Netero leader
Kurapika: 22 turn 4x delay. I'm rank 98 and still haven't seen an Echidna drop.
Chrollo Lucilfer: Random skill from a pool of 7. Some useful skills, but unreliable since there's an orb change can screw up the board.
King Woodsie

I'm guessing it won't be much use outside of normal dungeons. So for descends I'm probably looking at a team using either UmiYama or Netero. I can't get the materials to evolve Horus to F/L yet so I guess that's out for now, or is a F/F fine?

I know people were saying Netero is good when the HxH collab was going on, but is he any better than a Busty Horus or UmiYama?

Maybe a water focused UmiYama team would be good using what I have? Is Kurapika a viable delay?

Sorry about all the questions. I've been thinking about this damn game too much. Feel free to just ignore them.

Also, if anyone wants to add me on JP: 283,423,385

Kreed

Lol, can't get any good monsters or whatever without spending money?

Many of us in this thread are not spending money on this game. The main difference between those who do and don't is access to the in game currency (magic stones). For players who aren't spending money you have to use your stones more wisely and save up the stones you get (it takes 5 to pull a monster from the Rare Egg Machine). However Gungho gives out stones often enough that you shouldn't have an issue saving up, in addition to stones you get for reaching milestones and completing dungeons.

But even if you spend money or don't, when it comes to the Rare Egg Machine, it's all about luck so in that regard you aren't at a disadvantage.

Totakeke

Rank 144... 23 more to go to that Rank 167. Feels like it'll take a year to go from 167 to 267 for the 150 stam, do people even bother aiming for it?

SaintR

Hey anyone mind throwing up their Zeus. I never cleared Hera-ur mythical and I failed twice with my horus so going to try Zeus strategy to see if I can zero stone it.

Edit: after the gold farming lol

Tobe

Thanks for the info, guys. Would today be a good day to use magic stones or no? Is the Hello Kitty machine good to use?

unless the rare egg machine (REM) has a sign saying GODFEST, then dont. the HKM well ppl only want princess valkitty and purin. purin is the only that could make tengu EASY AS FUCK.

Marvelous

NO, there is no godfest on right now and one or two hello kitty monsters are worth the pull but they are all crap imo.

Did you read the op or read vg pad guide
Did you get a gold egg when you started your account

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

Pretty sure I didn't get a gold egg. And I played this game before checking out anything, lol. Who knew it would be... uhh, complex.

unless the rare egg machine (REM) has a sign saying GODFEST, then dont. the HKM well ppl only want princess valkitty and purin. purin is the only that could make tengu EASY AS FUCK.

Guess I'll wait for the Godfest thing, then. Already used the rare egg machine once today and got some level 16 light based woman that can heal. Ah well.

Don't want to delete the data unless the game becomes near unplayable later on because of a simple bad roll at the beginning of the game.

colinp

Banned
Pretty sure I didn't get a gold egg. And I played this game before checking out anything, lol. Who knew it would be... uhh, complex.

Guess I'll wait for the Godfest thing, then. Already used the rare egg machine once today and got some level 16 light based woman that can heal. Ah well.

Don't want to delete the data unless the game becomes near unplayable later on because of a simple bad roll at the beginning of the game.

Hahahaha, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. ;)

If you're serious about playing I'd reroll. You'll bang your head against the wall in the future if you don't. We all know this from experience. Read the op!

Jinko

I didn't start with a gold egg either, its not the end of the world but by the time you reach Castle of Satan you will start to wish you rerolled.

What did you roll out of curiosity ?

I would have been shocked at any other outcome...

Xq2xNTd.png

FYI, my strategy to use BlOdin and Tengu to activate Knight on 2 turn then sweep with Kagu didn't work as expected. I never tried combining defense break with auto-damage like Kagu/Joker/Echidna before, and I don't know if it's a bug or working as GH intended. But Kagu doesn't take defense break into effect. With High Dragon's defense halved to 7500, Kagu was still unable to penetrate it. And it did the same amount of damage to small Dragons with or without defense break active. Another quirk is that even if Kagu sweeps a round of small Dragons while defense break is still active, the shield counter still decreases instead of staying the same like it does if you sweep with a manual attack or nuke skill. So if you activate defense break on 2F, and sweep every floor with Kagu, the defense break won't last the entire dungeon. The modified team in my screenshot isn't as quick as the theorized BlOdin/Tengu team, but it's still pretty quick. Kagu still sweeps small Dragons, and the Whiskeys take care of the Highs and Kings(with defense break active).

coy

Rank 144... 23 more to go to that Rank 167. Feels like it'll take a year to go from 167 to 267 for the 150 stam, do people even bother aiming for it?

It's a goal of mine. Well, more like 158 stam. This way, I can run 50-stam dungeons thrice or, if Hera is present, 4 runs in her descend. Currently at rank 232 (132 stam) so a bit to go.

Maybe it's time for me to start thinking about descends. Which ones should I look at running first? I beat the Hello Kitty Dungeon but I'm guessing that's somewhat easier than descends.

Whichever comes first between Two Heroes or Hera. I see Berserker but no Highlander so that'd be your goal for Two Heroes. As for Hera, I don't see any gravity users in your box so definitely aim for her (more like 2 of her, um, them).

Here's my current box (JP) if anyone has any ideas on a team I should be focusing on:
http://www.padherder.com/user/Rahk/monsters/
Levels and things probably aren't up to date, but current evolutions should be correct.

I'm guessing it won't be much use outside of normal dungeons. So for descends I'm probably looking at a team using either UmiYama or Netero. I can't get the materials to evolve Horus to F/L yet so I guess that's out for now, or is a F/F fine?

F/F Horus is just Horus but even better so it's more than fine. Besides, you can always devolve then go F/L once you have the 2 angelits (I'm guessing these are the mats you can't attain yet).

Maybe a water focused UmiYama team would be good using what I have? Is Kurapika a viable delay?

Long CD notwithstanding, a 4-turn delay is sweet. However, if you're looking towards a water-focused team, you have the perfect leader already in Andromeda. Pack her team with row enhance, skill boost and orb changers for maximum effect. I'm looking at a team like:

Andromeda / Siegfried / Ripper / Kraken / Kurapika / Andromeda (friend)

2 orb changers in Siegfried (heart to blue) & Crystal Aurora Dragon (light to blue)
4 row enhance (minimum # needed to truly benefit the skill)
3 skill boost
0.5s of extra movement time
orb enhance

The RCV is assy due to Siegfried and Kraken, but 1639 RCV (all max level) is not completely terrible. You can also use U&Y in the team. I am unsure how your luck is with tamas as they are a necessity for this team to be viable. Namely, awakening Andromeda is essential for success.

Sorry about all the questions.

No apologies necessary. Personally, I love trying to assist folks after reading this thread for so long. Makes the game experience that much more enjoyable.

I would have been shocked at any other outcome...

Yup, that looks about right. =/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Ronia can farm Legend Hera-Ur in a matter of minutes - I love it. Mythical is obviously possible, but I need +eggs and awakenings. If Tamadra would drop more, I feel like I could really make quick work of this dungeon. My 2nd Ronia is only at alvl 3, so I'm missing the extra skill boosts.

I wonder how Pandora would do here...

coy

Thank you, Catwomen friends. I did 12 Gold runs and got a Tamadra but only a few kings.

I saw your Catwoman up first which reminded me to put my own up. Gained tons of gold and 6 Kings in 10 runs but no tama. I now have 30+ dragons saved for future light pengdras. Let's hope this place comes around more often so this type of hoarding is rendered moot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my green chaser finally. Done with that dungeon now. Also, rank 267 will be happening in about 4 minutes after I finish this HK run! 150 stamina get!

Zero_IYAD

I've been farming HK like mad. It's not the most optimal experience, but it's close and ridiculously easy. Since I haven't found a great KoG team, this is the next best thing.
I got the I&I kitties invade after running the highest difficulty 10 times or so & then stopped.
Am really considering doing what you did with Groove Coaster Collab once we get it :eek:

Nista

Feels so good being able to clear out all these damn light pengdras

cant wait for gold dragons again in may

I actually ran out of plants long before clearing out all my pengdras. Not sure if I feel like stoning to get more before the day is over.

Congrats, you guys have all the lucky eggs!

Don't barely get to rest before looking at those weekend descends.

razterik

Filled out my Hello Kitty roster by pulling Valkitty. Not rolling for skill ups or second low level Purin. Only Cinnamoroll had the decency to skill up one time to 12 turns. Which works perfectly with a max King Shynee, so okay. Kuromi was totally tsundere, eating 14 of herself for zero skill ups.

Evolved a ton of Grundy today to finish Hermes. He went 1/29 on last skill up and took the very last one. Fist pump city for that final level.

Not looking forward to farming Mystic Light the next few days for Apollo. And I have two of him I'd like to max. Any safe burst team suggestions? I ran Bastet last weekend and found it really simple for Master, but struggled on Legend, especially on the second floor. Might try Zeus if I can get some good helpers by tomorrow.

Rahk

Whichever comes first between Two Heroes or Hera. I see Berserker but no Highlander so that'd be your goal for Two Heroes. As for Hera, I don't see any gravity users in your box so definitely aim for her (more like 2 of her, um, them).

F/F Horus is just Horus but even better so it's more than fine. Besides, you can always devolve then go F/L once you have the 2 angelits (I'm guessing these are the mats you can't attain yet).

Long CD notwithstanding, a 4-turn delay is sweet. However, if you're looking towards a water-focused team, you have the perfect leader already in Andromeda. Pack her team with row enhance, skill boost and orb changers for maximum effect. I'm looking at a team like:

Andromeda / Siegfried / Ripper / Kraken / Kurapika / Andromeda (friend)

2 orb changers in Siegfried (heart to blue) & Crystal Aurora Dragon (light to blue)
4 row enhance (minimum # needed to truly benefit the skill)
3 skill boost
0.5s of extra movement time
orb enhance

The RCV is assy due to Siegfried and Kraken, but 1639 RCV (all max level) is not completely terrible. You can also use U&Y in the team. I am unsure how your luck is with tamas as they are a necessity for this team to be viable. Namely, awakening Andromeda is essential for success.

No apologies necessary. Personally, I love trying to assist folks after reading this thread for so long. Makes the game experience that much more enjoyable.
Awesome, thanks for the advice!

I mean, I only suggested a water-focused U&Y team cause I thought it's best to have primarily one colour on rainbow teams and I seem to have some decent water subs for it. Only just rolled Andromeda in the last godfest so hadn't really thought of a team for her, but that does sound pretty good. Seems like it would have more damage potential than a U&Y team but appears to be more heavily reliant on orb changing. Think I'd probably prefer the gameplay of rainbow teams, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

I think I may have gotten one Tamadra drop so far, but JP seems to give them out like crazy so I have no problem with that. Still have like 10 in the mail waiting for someone to be used on. Feel bad for all you US guys.

Looks like Two Heroes is up now but only for a few more hours so guess I'll miss out on that. Oh well, next time.

raiot

Hm, I have 40 yellow pengdra and several kings to spend and need my box space but I don't have anything special to spend it on:

Fagan is at 50 and needs a blue king for evolution...
Athena?
Rafael?
Thor (Max skilled)?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow. US has fallen to no.3 on the 'give a shit' scale. That's pretty staggering.

Year seriously what the fuck GungHo US? I guess I could take to their Facebook again and bitch, but I'm banking on other folks doing that this time. It's all sorts of insulting that we have been given what, ONE free Tama?

razterik

Huh, Echidna busty already. Not sure I will do that yet since I don't want to mess with a stable Twinlits team.

Rodin and Blonia for next Godfest? Good, give me JP2.0 and I will drop more stones.

Sad that we need a flashing PSA to keep people from wasting materials after these updates.

It's all sorts of insulting that we have been given what, ONE free Tama?

Two, I think. Still dumb.

Love that Pandora 'shop.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I guess I bitch and moan about free Tama, but I do have a lot of awakenings in my box. It's just annoying because some of the more oddball awakenings (damage reduciton, +ATK, etc) will almost never see the light of day on my teams because I don't want to waste a Tama on that junk. Helpful when stacked up, but with how rare Tama are, I just can't justify it.

Although, if I can farm Fagan ever, I may have a change of heart. First step is to max skill my Hanzo with Tengu on Monday...

Top Bottom