• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Yeah, I broke down and made the change. I just hated wasting all of those evo mats. At least I got a couple levels of experience out of the whole thing. My satan team is looking pretty nasty now:

So your Satan team is really close to my satan team.

Why Hera instead of D/D Hades (I thought you had one)? And is Neptune for items with high Def monsters and you sub in King Baddie otherwise?

I would like to sub in Drawn joker and get rid of those light orbs for more dark damage, but he really needs skill ups first. King Baddie essentially bought me an insta-kill on Athena.

Other than Athena, any Descends that a Satan team could make short work of?

I am also really torn at Running my Ra team to try and get some skill ups for Satan (just in case...)

chrono01

When I can I start using Kirin? I re-rolled at the beginning to secure her before I began but I'm still not able to put her on my team [I'm Rank 11]. :(

Edit - I just learned about Team Cost. I guess it's time to continue increasing my rank!

My Zeus farming team is:

Luci/Zeus/Zaerog/Hades/Echidna/Luci

First turn activate Zeus, Zaerog, Hades, and first Luci. Second turn activate Echidna and heal. Third turn kill Zeus with second Luci. The two 35% gravities makes a fourth gravity unnecessary. This allows you to insert Echidna so you can heal between Luci activations. Zeus never gets to attack. The same team works to kill Mythical Valkyrie without her attacking.

Limit

For those of you thinking to run Dios with dual Lucifer, I'd like to recommend you don't.

If you do the math, you will have to do six gravities on Dios before two Morning Stars will kill him. That's a lot of stalling, and he hits so hard that that is extremely difficult, and that's assuming you won't be using skills on Hera (which you will be doing), who can also instantly kill you when her HP hits critical (and so can Griffin). Pre-emptive attacks also means that you can't end certain rounds with Morning Star without expecting to burn a stone.

Spike team is pretty much the only realistic way for this.

I ended up using 7 stones to get Zeus Dios while running a dual Luci team. Had to stall for 30 turns after exhausting 2 gravities in the first turn. Its not too bad, but not great either. I might have saved 2 stones had I gone with a Ra team.

I have a bunch of dark EXP lying around. Should I pump it into Satan, Haku, CDK2, or max and evolve Athena?

Given his fancy awakenings I would recommend Satan too. I am still ambivalent about Athena, both as a leader and as a sub. None of the Athena headed teams strike fancy to me and as a light sub Zeus is a way way better option than Athena. If only she had a healer subtype.

StMeph

Given his fancy awakenings I would recommend Satan too. I am still ambivalent about Athena, both as a leader and as a sub. None of the Athena headed teams strike fancy to me and as a light sub Zeus is a way way better option than Athena. If only she had a healer subtype.

0 RCV, Healer subtype. o_o

Conversely, what would really improve Athena would be if Valk got God subtype. Then you could field a pretty flexible mono-light Athena God team. Except for ridiculous XP inefficiencies, of course.

Ashodin

Yep so I want to go to Zeus, Zeus-Dios, and Satan this time around. I am prepared to throw stones at it, but I'm wondering what the best team would be to run.

Haku team?
Horus team?
Luci team? (Using Astaroth instead, since she's all I have)

What are your thoughts?

Pacman2k

Special daily dungeons = Keeper, Masks, Dragon Plants, Mythlits...

BUUUUUUUUT... the REAL interesting thing is:
Weekend dungeon = 1/2 Stamina.
And when you check the XP/Stam Ratio for Weekend Dungeon Master: 407 XP/1 Stam

->

814 XP / Stam for Master. This is INSANE! Bring in the Rank ups! :D

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that announcement. I'll definitely be in there all weekend. :)

Gonna have 300 days logged tomorrow, which is kind of crazy to think about. It also means we're fast approaching the first anniversary of NA PAD (sometime in November). Japan's anniversary celebration was crazy and consisted of two back to back events. Wonder what we'll get.

massoluk

Banned
I haven't beaten Zeus yet, but this time, I swear I'll get him. I'll try Goemon team this time, I think I have just enough to do this, what you guys think? Probably need to beef up Hera-Ur a bit.
hL1SqRN.png

Goemon + Echidna + Gigas + Gigas + Hera-Ur + Siren + Goemon? Should I bother with second Gigas and Siren? May be use Archer?

I love Satan, but he's situational. Haku gets a lot of love for some reason. No Duke or Hera or Kirin thirsting for XP?
Duke and Heras are maxed. I only wish I had a Kirin. None of this is really essential. I haven't really put any of them to use, but I figure any one of them could be a nice change of pace.

Musan

Pretty much have a Haku team right there, with Duke/hera/hera is/echidna. Satan's fun too, but far more situational.

Colby

I'll be getting three of each boss monster for awakenings, since out of 100ish Metal Dragon runs, I've only seen ONE Tamadra. I'm excited for all-week OoH runs, since Athena needs some exp.

Pretty much have a Haku team right there, with Duke/hera/hera is/echidna. Satan's fun too, but far more situational.
I meant to ask about your SS Zeus team. Is it more reliable than a Goemon team?

I'll be getting three of each boss monster for awakenings, since out of 100ish Metal Dragon runs, I've only seen ONE Tamadra. I'm excited for all-week OoH runs, since Athena needs some exp.
Collecting for awakenings is pretty much my plan, though I'll have to expand my box space a bit. The mindless grind for +eggs is starting to bore me a bit, so I wouldn't mind spending a few weeks gathering EXP and mats.

J0dy77

So your Satan team is really close to my satan team.

Why Hera instead of D/D Hades (I thought you had one)? And is Neptune for items with high Def monsters and you sub in King Baddie otherwise?

I would like to sub in Drawn joker and get rid of those light orbs for more dark damage, but he really needs skill ups first. King Baddie essentially bought me an insta-kill on Athena.

Other than Athena, any Descends that a Satan team could make short work of?

I am also really torn at Running my Ra team to try and get some skill ups for Satan (just in case...)

No hades for me. I'd replace Hera with him for sure. And no king baddie because I'm looking at this as a quick farm team. Basically just one shot everything with dark damage. I have to check drawn jokers final stats. I put Neptune in there because he has one of the highest overall stats of any mob, same with Hera-is. Hera-ur might be worth a spot as we'll.

Musan

I meant to ask about your SS Zeus team. Is it more reliable than a Goemon team?

Collecting for awakenings is pretty much my plan, though I'll have to expand my box space a bit. The mindless grind for +eggs is starting to bore me a bit, so I wouldn't mind spending a few weeks gathering EXP and mats.

Now that I have more + eggs in my black subs its getting close. Zeus Only really becomes a problem when Haku active produces only 5 or 6 black orbs. So, I was thinking replacing one hera for persephone would be fun to try.

Max skill goemon is still better, but since improving my Haku team means I get better descend and farming results, it kills 2 birds with one stone.

Tried out Persephone, works really well for SS farming. Having a blob of 15-20 dark orbs make one-shotting Zeus possible.

Japan getting our Build-a-Carnival for 20M downloads, except in Godfest form. If you have a JP account over rank 10 you can get your ID and secret code and vote here:
https://entry2.gungho.jp/entry/form/input.aspx?entid=c9b6da90-5949-48ac-a0d3-763c15462b76

EDIT: remember how I said they might make dungeons where awakenings are required? yeah about that
[19:22:37] <Clessasaur> ahaha one of belz eskills turns the entire board to poison

....goes to awaken Parvarti...

Kunohara

Worst Friday Dungeon ever. Zero drops. wtf RNG!

Speaking of which, I've cleared the expert dungeon for the first time today, twice. I finally have enough HP to survive it. Using my mono-dark team. I've had three dub-topalit's drop, 2 dub-sapphilit and a dub-mythlit (which I've added to my mono-dark team which helps alot). I just need one dub-amelit to evolve my Luci. I only have one shot left and I gotta wait another hour to try. After that I just need a keeper of light and rainbow. I hope I can do that dungeon when it comes.

Pacman2k

I have a bunch of light exp to burn:

1. Max out my current level 80 valk?
2. Get cracking on my baby Valk #2?
3. Get Athena evo'd and to a respectable level?

What do?

(And I dont have a Kirin.) =(

Musan

I would say a 2nd valk would be best for a healer team if you have one already decent leveled. The hp boost is definitely nice.

quin

Has anyone playing the Japanese version run through Pendora Village today?
Supposedly there is a chance for Tamadora invasions with 100% drop rate, but after running it about 60 times I never once saw one. Bad luck...

Ducarmel

Beat master weekend dungeon for the first time I can't believe I waited so long to do it, had my mono red team ready for it for a while and was too afraid to try it.

Question..
ATM i have
38ish unevolved ares
32 last evo echidna
Max level titan (that i'll evolve when i get another, as i use it in my risolve team)
11 unevolved horus
38 phoenix knight (not homura)
26 firedragon tyrannos
32 unevolved shiva
43 volcano dragon

So i guess i can wrap up a decent monored..
Priorioty for exp feeding? And evolving?
Plus since i'm in eu i get fucked by dragon dungeon events (either working hour on sleeping time)...
Any other solid exp method?
ATM i'm going for wood pengdra in technical since there rarely are any divine mask and currently lest i have echidna active i have not enough hp with this team to survive that kind of rendez-vous...

As for team comp? ATM running ares lead, echidna, titan, tyrannos, volcano dragon.. Shall i pull something out for horus/shiva/phoenix knight?

Question..
ATM i have
38ish unevolved ares
32 last evo echidna
Max level titan (that i'll evolve when i get another, as i use it in my risolve team)
11 unevolved horus
26 firedragon tyrannos
32 unevolved shiva
43 volcano dragon
32 unevolved shiva

Plus since i'm in eu i get fucked by dragon dungeon events (either working hour on sleeping time)...
ATM i'm going for wood pengdra in technical since there rarely are any divine mask and currently lest i have echidna active i have not enough hp with this team to survive that kind of rendez-vous...
You're going to want to evolve that Horus. Unless you also have a Kirin, Horus is probably the best leader you have. He also fits pretty well in a mono red team.

As for EXP, pengdras is the way to go. Try to get in as many pengdra village runs as possible whenever it shows up, farm technicals on Mondays, and then collect jewel dragons whenever you can.

And Horus and Phoenix knight instead of the two dragons. Orb change and orb enhance are more important than the dragons' actives.

Ducarmel

edit: ^ Yeah I would focus on Ares if your going mono-red team. Go with Horus if your going to build a rainbow team and have another Horus friend.

Question..
ATM i have
38ish unevolved ares
32 last evo echidna
11 unevolved horus
26 firedragon tyrannos
32 unevolved shiva
43 volcano dragon

As for team comp? ATM running ares lead, echidna, titan, tyrannos, volcano dragon.. Shall i pull something out for horus/shiva/phoenix knight?

You have a mono red team ready just missing naga, Ares should be your focus.

I'm not saying Horus is bad, he is just a bad mono red leader and not the highest priority in building a mono red team, you should focus on the best mono red leader in the game and that is Ares.

Then move on to Horus, work on getting titan to gigas but don't evo him to red giant (at least not yet), work on getting homura to a decent level, also farm for naga evo her to final form and do what you have to do to max skill her not level her she is not worth wasting fodder maxing her level. Shiva is pretty good to have in naga's place.

Make sure you have good red leader friends, such as Ares, Freyr, Grand Tyrannos, or Shiva.

Ducarmel

Naga?
Echidna red empress is last evo of naga and i have her already ;)

I missed that, I guess your pretty much good to go for mono red, but yeah use Hous, and knight in place of the dragons depending on the dungeons you face you might want Shiva in some situations.

Beelzebub dungeon looks slightly difficult...
Looks like this dungeon introduces the new poison orb system, and the lord of flies (and the mobs) is no push over either!

http://www.puzzledragons.com/2013/10/blo..._7986.html

(not sure of sequence of sub bosses yet)
Tiamat
HP&#65306;1529583
Defense: 260
Turn&#65306;2
Attacks:
- preemptive move (single hit 10125 + random 6 poison orbs)
- when HP > 50% (multi hit 10125)
- when HP < 50% (multi hit 15188)

Belial
HP&#65306;1391389
Defense: 900
Turn&#65306;3
Attacks:
- preemptive move (full HP)
- multi-hit 125500

Amon
HP&#65306;51111
Attack&#65306;12625
Defense : 360
Turn&#65306;1
Attacks:
- preemptive move (bind 2 leaders for 3 rounds)
- Hp > 50% (single hit 10100 + 1 random attribute turn to blocks), 70% chance
- HP < 50% (single hit 10100 + 1 random attribute turn to blocks), 21% chance
(multi hit 13256), 70% chance

Astaroth
HP&#65306;39
Defense&#65306;600000
Turn&#65306;1
Attacks:
- preemptive move (hide colors of all the orbs on the board)
- single hit 4750 + heal orbs turn to other attributes
- when HP < 30% (reduce team's current HP by 75%)
- multi hit 13300

Beelzebub
HP&#65306;4865764
Defense&#65306;670
Turn&#65306;1
Attacks:
- preemptive move (single hit 9003)
- when HP > 40% (single hit 12861 + random 5 orbs turn to poison orbs)
- when HP between 40~75%, has 70% chance (multi hit 15433)
- reduce team's current HP by 50%
- single hit 6431 + poison orbs turn to dark orbs
- whole board turn to poison orbs
- multi hit 15433

Looks like it's time to awake some poison immunity skills first before everything else

JWong

Banned
Dang they just keep giving out free stones. Non-IAP users like me feel so good.

I have 25 stones stocked up, waiting for Egyptian/Chinese godfest.

Musan

So Beelzebub just looks like Dark Athena. Not very interesting leader wise, could make a decent sub in Haku or dark metatron teams, but nothing ground breaking. Dungeon looks fun, I could see stone dragons, ancient green dragon, and heart orb makers being important for success.

StMeph

Beelzebub's Leader is 2x HP, 2x ATK for Devil types. 2/4/2 team for Devil is now possible with Loki.

2015 ATK at max level. o_o

Jiraiza

FEZn6Kt.png

Athena would be a pretty good sub here. Just have to replace Apollo with Zeus and get a +297 Thor friend (which is pretty rare around these parts).

Still trying to cook up decent Athena teams. This actually makes double Raphael teams pretty decent in clearing some of the lower to mid descends.

Horus evolved is better than ares evolved? I was under the impression that given 2x hp secondary leader skill made ares better...
As far as mono red goes, Ares is a better leader. But Horus is probably the second best leader in the entire game after Kirin. Once you can activate his skill consistently, 16x ATK is insane. All it takes is a bit of practice and Horus is unquestionably better than Ares.

J0dy77

Does anyone still have their Ripper Dragons? I still have all of mine and haven't had the heart to feed them, they're like old friends. Got me through so much content early on.

Top Bottom