• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

chrono01

Finally habe enough stones to pull Hello Kitty machine..

Kitty Valk

!!!!!!!!
Congrats!

I had two pulls that I was saving and used them up this afternoon. I got:

Pompompurin
Cinnamoroll

I already have:

Hello Kitty
My Melody

I really wanted Goddess Hello Kitty, but I guess I'm happy with what I have. I'm definitely not interested in purchasing any more Magic Stones for a while [I've done so the last few months, so I'm taking an extended break for that], so I'll just wait/hope that the collaboration comes around again eventually.

Kreed

Nice. Guess I'll save up the magic stones until the Godfest event.

Umisachi & Yamasachi is one of the strongest combo leads (Anubis, Robin, and Ra being the only three stronger leads in the US version), so you have the luxury of being selective as to what Godfest you participate in since you don't need to pull for "stronger" leaders vs monsters that will be useful for other situations and/or monsters that pair well with Umisachi & Yamasachi.

For now, focus on making Umisachi & Yamasachi easier to use. Besides making sure you have monsters in the colors you need (dark, light, blue, green), you will also want monsters that get rid of red orbs or heart orbs (ex: Mystic Stone Knight, Siren, Vampire) allowing you to make combos more often.

Marvelous

Umisachi & Yamasachi is one of the strongest combo leads (Anubis, Robin, and Ra being the only three stronger leads in the US version), so you have the luxury of being selective as to what Godfest you participate in since you don't need to pull for "stronger" leaders vs monsters that will be useful for other situations and/or monsters that pair well with Umisachi & Yamasachi.

For now, focus on making Umisachi & Yamasachi easier to use. Besides making sure you have monsters in the colors you need (dark, light, blue, green), you will also want monsters that get rid of red orbs or heart orbs (ex: Mystic Stone Knight, Siren, Vampire) allowing you to make combos more often.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'm assuming that I'll be replacing most of these early monsters that I get from dungeons even if I level them up?

Limit

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'm assuming that I'll be replacing most of these early monsters that I get from dungeons even if I level them up?

The only ones worth keeping from the early part of the game, assuming you get them, are Echidna, Gigas, and Vampire lord. Everything else can be discarded. Just save all your stones until next godfest and then you will acquire plenty of monsters worth leveling up.

Kreed

The only ones worth keeping from the early part of the game, assuming you get them, are Echidna, Gigas, and Vampire lord. Everything else can be discarded. Just save all your stones until next godfest and then you will acquire plenty of monsters worth leveling up.

Don't forget Siren and Lilith. Also the Ripper/Lil Dragons are useful for the beginning/middle part of the game and they recently got an orb changing ability (although this is bad for Umisachi & Yamasachi as a leader since none of the dragons change red orbs to something useful) as well as the Golems for HP and Defense.

Don't forget Siren and Lilith. Also the Ripper/Lil Dragons are useful for the beginning/middle part of the game and they recently got an orb changing ability (although this is bad for Umisachi & Yamasachi as a leader since none of the dragons change red orbs to something useful) as well as the Golems for HP and Defense.
Specifically, though, when they drop, they won't have those names. What you'll want to look for are the following: Naga, Titan, Vampire, Mermaid, and Succubus.

Now, my question: so I have two max-level, unevolved D/D Batmen, one with max skill. I'd like to evolve one for a Dtron team that I'm starting to form, but which one? If I evo the max skill one, I won't be able to use him again for low cost dungeons, like Tengu. I do have a Flame Chaser, though, so I'm still leaning toward him, since having a delay with an 8-turn CD is pretty darn handy.

Now, my question: so I have two max-level, unevolved D/D Batmen, one with max skill. I'd like to evolve one for a Dtron team that I'm starting to form, but which one? If I evo the max skill one, I won't be able to use him again for low cost dungeons, like Tengu. I do have a Flame Chaser, though, so I'm still leaning toward him, since having a delay with an 8-turn CD is pretty darn handy.
I had the same dilemma. I ended up evolving my max skill D/D Batman. He's an awesome monster, made better with his new awakenings. Like you said, D/D Batman is supplanted by Flame Chaser and maybe TAMApurin(still needs to be play-tested) for Tengu. He still might be useful for other limited dungeons, but he's still useful even with only 11CD instead of 8. D.Tron is about maximum everything. Don't water down the team with a non-max-skilled Batman if you have the option. And wouldn't you be annoyed having a max-level evo'd Batman with only skill level 1, knowing you have an unevolved version that's max-skilled? That's like playing with a skill level 1 Princess Echidna while you have a max-skilled Naga in your box.

Jinko

Just saw the updated metal dungeons for Brave Frontier, hope Gungho see's what they are doing and takes a leaf out of their book.

999963_306639242794556_174058299_n.png

Jinko

Can you explain what's going on here? Is it basically letting you choose your Metal dungeon hour?

yup.

As promised, we will be distributing 1 Metal Key by batches to your Present Box until this weekend. Do check your Present Box regularly, as it will take sometime for our deliveryman to send it to everyone.

With the Metal Key, you can join the Metal parade at your own convenience! Unlock the Metal Parade in the Vortex at your desired time which will last for an hour!

Reminder: Starting on Monday (Feb. 10, 2014), Metal Key will be available for collection at Imperial Capital Randall

Kreed

I pulled a red Fruit Dragon during the last godfest and forgot that it completely replaces my red Noel dragon. So now I have to figure out who I should give 1.5 million red exp to. Goemon, Hera-Ur, or Red Sonia.

Totakeke

Ok so here is my monster box. Don't make fun of me lol.

Melon dragon is pretty much only vital in mono-green teams, you do have Parvati and Highlander there and with an Ancient Dragon Knight over the weekends, you can make something out of that to clear normal and technical dungeons. But since melon dragon lead will only give you 2xHP and 2xRCV... it'll be slow going even clearing normal dungeons since pairing up with another mono-green lead will only get you 2xATK at most. Parvati can lead as well for you but again the max ATK is just 3x. This mono-green can eventually lead to a Cu Chu (Highlander) led 9x balanced team which is pretty good and descend capable but that doesn't include melon dragon.

Probably something like this with the 5th slot being some green monster you can get your hands on.

Eh, so you're probably better off shelving it and getting your vampire to his ult evo which has 2x ATK and 2x RCV and form mono-dark teams that way which allows you to use your Hades and CDK. Combined with a d/d batman fiend you can form 2/4/2 teams which are good for farming normals and technicals. Something like this. Dark is the best color and you can't go wrong levelling vamp, hades, and CDK.

[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

[Team Building] Mono-Dark Team Appreciation Thread (Leaders Updated)
[Team Building] Balanced Team Appreciation Thread

You can always do both since vamp will take a while to reach his potential. So yeah, another option is always to reroll if you're aiming high since neither of those teams are really end-game viable. :p

The "problem" with your box is that you have like, all of the best subs in the game but no spiker leader. Not sure what point in the game you're at, but get that Parvati evolved and she'll help your survivability and firepower out a lot.

Kreed

These are the monsters you should spend time on based on usefulness.

Echidna
Mystic Flame Knight
Tyrannos
Orochi
Neptune
Mystic Ice Knight
Parvati
Highlander
Melon Dragon
Raphael
Mystic Light Knight
Hades
Vampire
Mystic Dark Knight
Lilith
D'Spindas

Out of these monsters, your best leaders are Tyrannos for Red, Parvati/Melon Dragon for Green, Raphael for Light, D'Spindas/Vampire for Dark, Orochi for Zombie (works with Normal dungeons), Highlander/Mystic Ice for Balance, Vampire for Physical, and Hades/Neptune for defense leads. However you will need more subs to make decent Red, Green, Dark, or Light teams.

You also have a Present Egg in your box. Depending on what it evolves into, it could function as either a blue, red, or green tank leader (if it's green, get it to level 50 max and then feed it to a green monster for 1.5 million exp).

Drall, Undine, Archangel, Alraune, Catwoman, Ifrit, Leviathan and Thanos are ok in a couple of situations but I wouldn't spend time leveling them up over the monsters above.

Aggrotek

These are the monsters you should spend time on based on usefulness.

Echidna
Mystic Flame Knight
Tyrannos
Orochi
Neptune
Mystic Ice Knight
Parvati
Highlander
Melon Dragon
Raphael
Mystic Light Knight
Hades
Vampire
Mystic Dark Knight
Lilith
D'Spindas

Out of these monsters, your best leaders are Tyrannos for Red, Parvati/Melon Dragon for Green, Raphael for Light, D'Spindas/Vampire for Dark, Orochi for Zombie (works with Normal dungeons), Highlander/Mystic Ice for Balance, Vampire for Physical, and Hades/Neptune for defense leads. However you will need more subs to make decent Red, Green, Dark, or Light teams.

You also have a Present Egg in your box. Depending on what it evolves into, it could function as either a blue, red, or green tank leader (if it's green, get it to level 50 max and then feed it to a green monster for 1.5 million exp).

Drall, Undine, Archangel, Alraune, Catwoman, Ifrit, Leviathan and Thanos are ok in a couple of situations but I wouldn't spend time leveling them up over the monsters above.

Should I sell or fuse any of the ones I shouldn't use?

Totakeke

Oh yeah, forgot about the balanced team. I think this is your best medium-term goal without rolling the REM. Parvati ult evo should be out when you get close to this.

R8sNCVg.png

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/simulat...1.0.0.0.0..826.99.1.0.0.0.0..693.99.1.0.0.0.0

You could always put melon dragon on the 5th even if he's not balanced type if you somehow get him a lot of awakenings...

General rule is always not to fuse anything you can't obtain without luck or the REM, they're always upgrading existing monsters.

Haven't done any rerolls over the past 2 days because I was busy, figured I'd do one tonight before bed, got a gold plus egg and was excited... And then got dragon rider arther *sigh* I have sunday and monday off so I'll get a bunch of rerolls in then.

Totakeke

This is far more confusing than I thought...

Haha, your first focus is to form a team with what you have to clear normal dungeons so you can level up your monsters faster. The early dungeons won't level up your monsters much. Then your second focus is to gain ranks so you can have enough stamina and team cost to run dungeons and form teams that you want.

All the above is just determining what you should allocate all your resources to, your short-term and long-term priorities are still forming the best teams and that's what you need to do. If you're planning on rolling the REM, the best teams you can form can change drastically depending on what you get because you don't have much leaders but you do have a lot of good subs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

It gets easier over time, but the beginning is a cluster-fuck.

Regarding what to sell/keep, don't bother keeping colored dragons right now as you really aren't Pengdra farming yet. Pick a few monsters to focus on and, since you don't have a ton of box space, keep the evo mats you need for them.

Really, the Moltdras and the Pengdra are the few things you can feed off. Keep anything else you can for now. And early on, spending stones on box space is one of the best things you can do. After having 1000 box space, I could seriously never go back. Ever.

Aggrotek

Haha, your first focus is to form a team with what you have to clear normal dungeons so you can level up your monsters faster. The early dungeons won't level up your monsters much. Then your second focus is to gain ranks so you can have enough stamina and team cost to run dungeons and form teams that you want.

All the above is just determining what you should allocate all your resources to, your short-term and long-term priorities are still forming the best teams and that's what you need to do. If you're planning on rolling the REM, the best teams you can form can change drastically depending on what you get because you don't have much leaders but you do have a lot of good subs.

I'm Rank 53 almost 54. I have unlocked up to the 2nd technical Dungeon. I don't really know what to focus on. Should I just pick one monster and put all the random extra things I find into it?

It gets easier over time, but the beginning is a cluster-fuck.

Regarding what to sell/keep, don't bother keeping colored dragons right now as you really aren't Pengdra farming yet. Pick a few monsters to focus on and, since you don't have a ton of box space, keep the evo mats you need for them.

Really, the Moltdras and the Pengdra are the few things you can feed off. Keep anything else you can for now. And early on, spending stones on box space is one of the best things you can do. After having 1000 box space, I could seriously never go back. Ever.

I just fed the Moltdras and they gave a ton of Xp, I was holding onto them I thought I might need them to evolve something. I also just spent my 4 stones on box space so I am up to 95 lol

Totakeke

I'm Rank 53 almost 54. I have unlocked up to the 2nd technical Dungeon. I don't really know what to focus on. Should I just pick one monster and put all the random extra things I find into it?

Feeding same-color monsters give 1.5x the exp so you should keep that in mind. What team are you using right now?

Rank 53 is pretty much still very early because the teams I've shown you all have 100+ team cost while your team cost now only 62. So those goals would require you to rank up another 60 times or so. Most people recommend players at your stage to farm 3rd stage of Tower of Giants during weekends with the 1/2 stamina bonus until you're like rank 90.
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Rank

After that you can see whether you can comfortably farm the 5th tier of normal dungeons (tower of flare to ocean of heaven) for rank and monster exp or start the Pengdra cycle (technicals monday, dragon plant thursdays, and metal dragons around the week) for monster exp.

So basically there's a lot of farming before you can approach end-game, so you can use all this time to find out what team you'd like to run, feel free to experiment around. It's also cheap to play around now because you still rank up and regain stamina pretty fast.

Aggrotek

Feeding same-color monsters give 1.5x the exp so you should keep that in mind. What team are you using right now?

Rank 53 is pretty much still very early because the teams I've shown you all have 100+ team cost while your team cost now only 62. So those goals would require you to rank up another 60 times or so. Most people recommend players at your stage to farm 3rd stage of Tower of Giants during weekends with the 1/2 stamina bonus until you're like rank 90.
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Rank

After that you can see whether you can comfortably farm the 5th tier of normal dungeons (tower of flare to ocean of heaven) for rank and monster exp or start the Pengdra cycle (technicals monday, dragon plant thursdays, and metal dragons around the week) for monster exp.

So basically there's a lot of farming before you can approach end-game, so you can use all this time to find out what team you'd like to run, feel free to experiment around. It's also cheap to play around now because you still rank up and regain stamina pretty fast.

I use 2 teams rather frequently and they look like this:

I really don't know if I am structuring my teams well or not..

Kreed

You're still early in the game so right now you should just focus on clearing what content you can from the Normal and Technical Dungeons, as well as Int/Expert Special Dungeons, while saving stones. I would also farm for the following monsters from the Normal dungeons:

1) Mystic Stone Knight, Siren, Titan (great subs, and useful though out the game).
2) Ice Golem, Flame Golem, Earth Golem (good defense subs/HP sponges).
3) Lil/Ripper Dragons (good for the beginning/middle of the game but will lose usefulness later on when you get better subs from the Rare Egg Machine).

These monsters will help fill out your Green, Red, Light, and Dark mono teams which are the easiest to form and can get you through a good portion of the game. You may get the opportunity to farm a Plessie from one of the special dragon dungeons, which makes for a good Blue leader, so take the opportunity when it comes. Usually the Special Dragon dungeons that show up every two weeks contain one of the 3 starters, and possibly the 2 gift Dragons at horrible drop rates (the Wind Mechdragon dungeon running right now has Brachy in it, a good Green attack and recovery leader, but you already have two green leads so it's more of a "nice" to have).

Once you get further/pull better monsters from the Rare Egg Machine you can worry more about spike leads/advance strategies.

Looking at your team examples, you need to pay attention to leader skills. For example, Parvati multiplies the attack of Green monsters. So with the team in your example, the only monster taking advantage of this leader skill is Highlander since he's green. So you will want to only use green monsters with Parvati as the lead with some exceptions (Echidna's delay makes her incredibly useful, so you can sub her in a lot of teams and her skill will make up for the stats you aren't getting from another green sub). Hades is less of an issue since he cuts/defends against dark enemy attacks, but obviously you should use him as the lead when your opponents are dark monsters.

Jinko

I wouldn't sell anything, it can be surprising how something you thought was pretty useless can turn out to make a good sub or filler.

As a beginner its all about increasing the size of your inventory and working on one solid team, you can't go wrong with a Vampire team when starting out.

Try and farm up 1 of each of the King slimes as they come in really handy.

Totakeke

I use 2 teams rather frequently and they look like this:

I really don't know if I am structuring my teams well or not..

For now, just make this team for your standard clears.
CxrbYNS.png

Your friend can be one of these depending on the multiplier you want, you want to concentrate on ATK multipliers until you die too quickly or can heal enough. Hopefully you know how to find friend leaders already.
rbc49xX.png

Later in a few hours when the Dragon Guardian dungeon starts, get a mystic stone knight and replace one or two of the dub-emelits, then just keep with the team for a while and see how far you can go. You can also change leads from Parvati to your Melon Dragon if you feel a dungeon hits you too hard. You can also sub in Echidna if you need the delay for bosses even though she's not green.
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=259

Aggrotek

For now, just make this team for your standard clears.
CxrbYNS.png

Your friend can be one of these depending on the multiplier you want, you want to concentrate on ATK multipliers until you die too quickly or can heal enough. Hopefully you know how to find friend leaders already.
rbc49xX.png

Later in a few hours when the Dragon Guardian dungeon starts, get a mystic stone knight and replace one or two of the dub-emelits, then just keep with the team for a while and see how far you can go. You can also change leads from Parvati to your Melon Dragon if you feel a dungeon hits you too hard. You can also sub in Echidna if you need the delay for bosses even though she's not green.
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=259

I don't know how to find friend leaders.. there is a skill to it? >.<

Totakeke

Yeah, you just add player IDs into your friend lists that uses leaders that you need often from those lists.

Though maybe it's kind of impressive you've gotten this far without knowing a lot of the mechanics. If your combo skills are good you should get Bastet leader friends as well. :p

You should also evolve Parvati soon and Melon Dragon later because their leader skills get much better after evolution if you keep using that team. Wind Mechdragon that can be farmed now is also a very good monster to get for mono-green sub and 2x drop rates are in about 15 hours.

Aggrotek

Yeah, you just add player IDs into your friend lists that uses leaders that you need often from those lists.

Though maybe it's kind of impressive you've gotten this far without knowing a lot of the mechanics. If your combo skills are good you should get Bastet leader friends as well. :p

You should also evolve Parvati soon and Melon Dragon later because their leader skills get much better after evolution if you keep using that team. Wind Mechdragon that can be farmed now is also a very good monster to get for mono-green sub and 2x drop rates are in about 15 hours.

Parvati was my first REM pull and I just blew threw the beginning. Then I pulled hades and the CDK. I dunno... I just wish I had a few better monsters, I mean I know the stuff I have isn't awful but I feel like it could be better.

Jinko

Parvati was my first REM pull and I just blew threw the beginning. Then I pulled hades and the CDK. I dunno... I just wish I had a few better monsters, I mean I know the stuff I have isn't awful but I feel like it could be better.

Takes a while to get a good stable of monsters, unless you willing to spend a lot of money its can be very slow progress.

Volodja

So, huh, is anyone here playing on EU?
For now I'm managing with the people I've found randomly, but that may not be as good later on.

Jinko

So, huh, is anyone here playing on EU?
For now I'm managing with the people I've found randomly, but that may not be as good later on.

You'll probably want to look for people on the EU facebook page, think most here are US/JP.

I noticed Padherder has Europe in the settings so maybe try there also.

Top Bottom