• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

They have a higher invade rate in pirate dungeons, yes. To compensate the Pirate Dragons are much harder in difficulty; up there with some of the easier descendeds.

Totakeke

There definitely appears to be a better Invade chance for Kittyn & Mimmyna. I've been doing Dream Labyrinth - Master all week [since I'm not quite able to run Kingdom difficulty since any of the monsters would potentially one-shot me], and never saw Kittyn & Mimmyna once. However, my first run after the 2x Drop-Rate [on Master difficulty] and I saw [and subsequently obtained] them.

If you're interested in grabbing Kittyn & Mimmyna for yourself, now is the time!

Nope, still no sign.

J0dy77

I'm ready to dump as many stones into super golds as possible today. What's the safest and most efficient team to run? I'm thinking dual batman with vamp, Lilith, Neptune and cdk. Charge the heck out of poison and mass attack as quickly as possible. What's everyone else running?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm ready to dump as many stones into super golds as possible today. What's the safest and most efficient team to run? I'm thinking dual batman with vamp, Lilith, Neptune and cdk. Charge the heck out of poison and mass attack as quickly as possible. What's everyone else running?

Satan/Satan if you've got it. Or even Hera-Ur.

When Super Dark's come around, Valk/Valk will kill a Super in one 2x3 combo or a 5 orb match + 1 combo. Satan is stronger and will do work with that 12.25x damage.

bFlGQRA.png

Increased invade chance? Is that normal?
Spent 2 runs on expert mode and could find the invade character or get Apple Drawn.
And I used a stone in the second run.
Unfortunately, expert is my limit right now. Those guys hit hard.

OH MY GOD I GOT A GOOD TIER MONSTER

Got Andromeda, but the tier list link says nothing about her other then the fact she is "sex slave waifu"

Is she a joke on that list or is she actually good?

Got Andromeda, but the tier list link says nothing about her other then the fact she is "sex slave waifu"

The Hero pantheon (which Andromeda is part of) are bad as starters due to their reliance on monsters which you will only have access to if you've played the game for a while. Might want to keep the save file around just in case opinion changes all of a sudden.

The Hero pantheon (which Andromeda is part of) are bad as starters due to their reliance on monsters which you will only have access to if you've played the game for a while. Might want to keep the save file around just in case opinion changes all of a sudden.

For you, she is nothing but a cock tease.

Saosuicide.gif

How do I save a save file? So far I've just been deleting and redownloading the app

Jinko

Did 4 Super gold runs, got 3 supers and 6 kings, there goes my luck for the month lol

Valks up to 81 now, taking forever lol

Tobe

Saosuicide.gif

How do I save a save file? So far I've just been deleting and redownloading the app
God I feel your pain now. I did that because I well didn't read. Idk about android devices but on iOS just download something like ifunbox and go to the app itself and delete data bin 48

God I feel your pain now. I did that because I well didn't read. Idk about android devices but on iOS just download something like ifunbox and go to the app itself and delete data bin 48

Crap I already have that on my computer thanks to downloading Gridlee awhile back, doesn't help me at work but it'll at least let me keep this so at worst in a week if I'm still not getting anything better I can say fuck it or some new easier monsters to get come out that make her better

J0dy77

Satan/Satan if you've got it. Or even Hera-Ur.

When Super Dark's come around, Valk/Valk will kill a Super in one 2x3 combo or a 5 orb match + 1 combo. Satan is stronger and will do work with that 12.25x damage.

This worries me for invades. Hmmm maybe I just go DQ Hera.

bodine1231

10 runs,9 supers

Decided to use them on my Venus over Valk since she's such a stat stick,she's now lvl 97. I wish King Shynee would get an evolve,he's holding this team back so much in the HP department.

SaintR

This worries me for invades. Hmmm maybe I just go DQ Hera.
Dual Satan's is safe even with invades..I had 2 invades and broke the defense easily with one match of darks and comboing with other colors. Hera teams should also have no trouble.

Edit:btw Jody that Hera team for KoG does work but you have to be lucky on timer for floor 8 otherwise you won't be able to do enough orb management and subsequent damage for the next floors.

J0dy77

10 runs,9 supers

Decided to use them on my Venus over Valk since she's such a stat stick,she's now lvl 97. I wish King Shynee would get an evolve,he's holding this team back so much in the HP department.

6 stones spent, 14 runs and I got 6 total Supers. 4 of them coming in two runs with invade. I didn't like the satan team, getting caught with an invade early and a bad board is a wipe. Switched to Haku and DQ Hera.

J0dy77

Edit:btw Jody that Hera team for KoG does work but you have to be lucky on timer for floor 8 otherwise you won't be able to do enough orb management and subsequent damage for the next floors.

Yeah, I made a similar comment later in the day. Got trolled a few times. Went back to Goemon and was trolled again with heart cascades right before Zeus. Once I get Hercules the Goemon team should be a lot safer, really wish I had Lucifer.

coy

Seeing the KoG talk, I finally decided to try and clear the stage so went in with:

G.Odin / DJ / Lucifer / Hades / Hera / G.Odin

I have to say how thankful I am that I did the mind-numbing task of not only max skilling but also max awakening a Drawn Joker when the dungeon was around. This eliminated much of the time in the run. Instead of having to bring in L.Meta for the 3rd autoheal, DJ's light resist awakening allowed me to bring another gravity instead (needed at least 1 awakening to reduce Zeus' hit to <1k dmg alongside the 2 Odins).

That said, holy hell was that a boring run. Thankfully, the Olympics were on to make the slog somewhat bearable.

SaintR

Yeah, I made a similar comment later in the day. Got trolled a few times. Went back to Goemon and was trolled again with heart cascades right before Zeus. Once I get Hercules the Goemon team should be a lot safer, really wish I had Lucifer.
Yea I saw your comment and wanted to agree with your analysis. I'm going to keep tinkering with the team to see if I can make it more consistent. I do have sod luci so I have an easier time with goemon but I still get trolled so was hoping to find a consistent,replacement team.

Edit:and my bad if the dual Satan advice cost you a run...I know dat feel

I stupidly realized just now that a somewhat rare monster drop in Lightning Dragon or whatever it's called skills up my Apollo. :| Sunny beaches! I may have to get my stone on today. D:

xCobalt

Seeing the KoG talk, I finally decided to try and clear the stage so went in with:

G.Odin / DJ / Lucifer / Hades / Hera / G.Odin

I have to say how thankful I am that I did the mind-numbing task of not only max skilling but also max awakening a Drawn Joker when the dungeon was around. This eliminated much of the time in the run. Instead of having to bring in L.Meta for the 3rd autoheal, DJ's light resist awakening allowed me to bring another gravity instead (needed at least 1 awakening to reduce Zeus' hit to <1k dmg alongside the 2 Odins).

That said, holy hell was that a boring run. Thankfully, the Olympics were on to make the slog somewhat bearable.

Couldn't you replace DJ with Zeus?

coy

Couldn't you replace DJ with Zeus?

You could with any light resist. I chose DJ for the healing (never tried dual Odins and was worried about multiple mobs with bad timers and not enough heart orbs) and, well, my Zeus is lv1 evo'd but no awakenings or anything.

E: After another run, I now realize a heartmaker may not be vital. I was making the mistake of playing a resist team like a spike team that initial run when it came to orb matching. If I run dual Odins again, I'll replace DJ with another gravity or max skill Whiskey.

yami4ct

Man, even though it's still mostly incomplete, this Bastet healer team that I'm building is an absolute monster with the right partner. If I have a Valkyrie, Suzaku or other good combo god, she absolutely destroyes the dungeon I'm on. Was able to finally clear both the final level of Faithless Temple, Polar Tower and blow through the entire Twilight Forest with a fair amount of ease. Cannot wait to see how this goes when it's finally done.

Tobe

6 runs?

6 super, 8 kings that probably it. good shit.

couldve done more but since im at 99 stam, i waited the 10 min every other run.

suko_32

I've been doing KoG with:

G.Odin/Hera-Is/Hera/Luci/Neptune/Ammy

The only problem is sometimes I get bored and my finger slips or I forget to use Ammy's skill after Luci's.

Jagernaut

8 runs of Super Golds and I got 7 supers and 9 kings. Fed them all to Athena and got her up to Lv 83.

I have 128 stamina, can't wait for 150 so I can run supers 3 times per stamina bar.

Tobe

ok tengu is tomorrow, and besides the new flame chaser teams which steamroll that fucker, some people are stuck with double batman team, the problem with this is the extremely low rcv,

go right now and farm hk dungeon and get a kitty badshynee, really good stats, great active if you dont have a piedrawn (im guessing you dont havent seen that dungeon in forever, and whoever ran it they fed it to JD)

the team is
Bat/Bat
Kitty badshynee (max skill is better)
Vamp
DDK
Lilith (or something to blow the wisps)

J0dy77

8 runs of Super Golds and I got 7 supers and 9 kings. Fed them all to Athena and got her up to Lv 83.

I have 128 stamina, can't wait for 150 so I can run supers 3 times per stamina bar.

Yeah this was killing me. I have 139 stamina and having to burn through that stam in between runs hurt production.

Kreed

That guide I linked you is still in progress and the Hero Gods are still "new" so there haven't been a ton of good strategies written about them yet. So the author is just having some fun with the character until more "pros and cons" come out. However the same comments about Pandora relate to Andromeda minus being blue (having a weakness to green) instead of dark.

Like Cosmo Clock 12 mentioned, the main issue with the Hero gods is the amount of sub members you need in order to get the most use out of her leader skill, so at the beginning of the game you will be saving up blue orbs in order to activate her ability which will make for long battles.

To start, you will want a couple of orb changers on your team before you can use her seriously (Siren, Berserk, Mystic Ice Knight, and Crystal Aurora Dragon are the most common farmable ones). While the Hello Kitty Dungeon is running you could farm for Kittyn & Mimmyna, which has Idunn and Idunna's x1.5 water attack for 3 turns skill that is useful for Andromeda, but since you're just starting this may be too much for you to attempt. But the Groove Coaster dungeon is supposed to be back tomorrow and it has a monster with the same ability (CRAB Ver.2), although it's stats aren't as good.

Otherwise if you stick with her, practice using her ability and have some back up team options until you can farm/roll more blue subs that will help you get the most out of her ability (your most wanted team member is Blue Odin, but you will need a lot of luck at the Rare Egg Machine to pull one).

coy

I'm in a similar predicament with an awkward 133 stamina. I enjoy having more options to do in-game especially during non-event days, but it has taken me away from ranking up. I barely do pengdras these days and still am not leveling fast enough.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
28 runs of Super Golds:

88 High, 31 King, 21 Super. The worst part is that I really don't have any light monsters that NEED the XP. I could level my Wukong team?

J0dy77

Yea I saw your comment and wanted to agree with your analysis. I'm going to keep tinkering with the team to see if I can make it more consistent. I do have sod luci so I have an easier time with goemon but I still get trolled so was hoping to find a consistent,replacement team.

Edit:and my bad if the dual Satan advice cost you a run...I know dat feel

Nah, i had tried it earlier and caught the bad board. DQ, HeraUR or Haku will be choice in the future.

The hardest part of the DQ team for King if gods is lack of orb changers for three straight rounds. You need two or three sets of dark to wipe Zeus in one shot. Which means you need a solid board for the two dragons. Not sure how to fix that problem or who to sub in and out.

Has anyone tried bursting through Zeus with a Valk team? I really think it can be done with a Valk team with Venus for change the world. My team was lacking a lot of levels. Might be able to do it when I max Venus.

Tobe

Nah, i had tried it earlier and caught the bad board. DQ, HeraUR or Haku will be choice in the future.

The hardest part of the DQ team for King if gods is lack of orb changers for three straight rounds. You need two or three sets of dark to wipe Zeus in one shot. Which means you need a solid board for the two dragons. Not sure how to fix that problem or who to sub in and out.

Has anyone tried bursting through Zeus with a Valk team? I really think it can be done with a Valk team with Venus for change the world. My team was lacking a lot of levels. Might be able to do it when I max Venus.

black valk to the rescue.

Totakeke

Nooo, I overslept on my super gold kings. Ah well. At least kitty invade finally decided to show up on my alt. Still need it on my main.

That guide I linked you is still in progress and the Hero Gods are still "new" so there haven't been a ton of good strategies written about them yet. So the author is just having some fun with the character until more "pros and cons" come out. However the same comments about Pandora relate to Andromeda minus being blue (having a weakness to green) instead of dark.

Like Cosmo Clock 12 mentioned, the main issue with the Hero gods is the amount of sub members you need in order to get the most use out of her leader skill, so at the beginning of the game you will be saving up blue orbs in order to activate her ability which will make for long battles.

To start, you will want a couple of orb changers on your team before you can use her seriously (Siren, Berserk, Mystic Ice Knight, and Crystal Aurora Dragon are the most common farmable ones). While the Hello Kitty Dungeon is running you could farm for Kittyn & Mimmyna, which has Idunn and Idunna's x1.5 water attack for 3 turns skill that is useful for Andromeda, but since you're just starting this may be too much for you to attempt. But the Groove Coaster dungeon is supposed to be back tomorrow and it has a monster with the same ability (CRAB Ver.2), although it's stats aren't as good.

Otherwise if you stick with her, practice using her ability and have some back up team options until you can farm/roll more blue subs that will help you get the most out of her ability (your most wanted team member is Blue Odin, but you will need a lot of luck at the Rare Egg Machine to pull one).

So do you think it's worth it to just reroll or is it possible to do everything with her?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So do you think it's worth it to just reroll or is it possible to do everything with her?

Hero gods are awesome, but VERY difficult to play early/mid game. They are late game monsters. It's really up to you, but you'll have a tough time with her.

But if you choose to keep her, check out my link at the top of the OP for team building examples/discussions for all Hero gods.

Totakeke

You won't be able to really use the leader skill until maybe in a few months at least. So the question is only whether you're that patient to just grind till then.

You should reroll. :p

Limit

Hero gods necessitate a weird play style. They aren't beginner friendly. I say play with her for a bit until the next godfest, which should be here by next week's end, and then you should decide whether or not to reroll then.

Kreed

If you're trying to get a God that can clear "most" of the content in the game you need to shoot for Great Tier and above. However if you're tired of rerolling, I say start the game and have fun. Rerolling over and over gives you an advantage but it's not necessary. To give you some perspective, when the first OT was made, the only monsters from that guide that existed in the Good-Great Tier list was Loki. Yet many of us from that thread are still playing the game (obviously we've pulled much stronger monsters beyond the original 400 or so along the way, but you get the idea).

yami4ct

It's really up to you and how much you want to bet on better monsters coming out later on and getting good godfest rolls. I would backup this save, give it a few more tries and if you get nothing, go ahead and go for it.

For some perspective, I started both my US and Japanese accounts sometime around Christmas. I didn't get a "best" tier monster on either. My Japanese account started with Pandora and my US account started with some absolute trash drop. My first godfest afterward I pulled a Bastet on my US account and Kirin on my Japanese one. Your start is important, but it's not game breaking at all. By the time you've gotten to the super tough content, you hopefully would have had many, many godfest opportunities to pull some really great stuff.

Top Bottom