• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Limit

Damn, still flip-flipping on what to do with Horus. Don't like seeing RCV take such a dip.

Hesitating on busty enchilada, too after reading that her ATK boost makes blasting through first floor of Twinlits dungeon easier.

Only one I'm sure of is Anubis, who I will busty to D/L

Everyone on my friends list has gone fire/light Horus. The only reason to go for fire/fire is if you intend to use Horus as a sub.

ido

I tried the Red Pirate dungeon on Expert this morning one time snd got the Red Pirate Dragon, Bartholomew...

WTF is that normal? I never get a drop on the bosses.

SaintR

Everyone on my friends list has gone fire/light Horus. The only reason to go for fire/fire is if you intend to use Horus as a sub.

Any time table when the twins coming back. Really got trolled with drops last time trying for light. Either way my Olympios is ready.

Limit

I tried the Red Pirate dungeon on Expert this morning one time snd got the Red Pirate Dragon, Bartholomew...

WTF is that normal? I never get a drop on the bosses.

Very rare. You should go buy some lottery tickets ASAP.

Hence my dilemma. I use him 50/50 as leader and sub.

If its 50% as a leader use then I would go fire/light easily. The jump in firepower with that extra 1x multiplier is no joke.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Glad I have 3 Horus to play with. No need to pick my ultimate! Same for Isis, Angel, Alraune! Only one #onetruegod, but he's such a joke...

I've been playing around with the new F/L horus, and the damage increase is significant. You're looking at +1400 attack from both horuses alone before the extra mutliplier. It's pretty significant. The rcv his is pretty huge but I mitigate it by slotting in valk and echidna.

Jagernaut

You should go with F/L Horus and get him to +99 rcv ASAP, that's what I'm doing. The extra atk, light sub element, and extra orb movement time are too good to pass up.

Tobe

Glad I have 3 Horus to play with. No need to pick my ultimate! Same for Isis, Angel, Alraune! Only one #onetruegod, but he's such a joke...
On a dtron team he is gonna be really stronk. Really nice stats new sub status is gonna look good. Also that counter is gonna be really handy.

ido

My fucking friend pulled 2 Tamadras today from the PAL machine with his 1000 coins.

Seriously wtf. I have none.

Jelly.

Edit: I want some GAF friends! Should I change my tag and add@GAF?

I have an evolved Lucifer as my main, if anybody wants to add me!

I have dupes of all those new busties except for Ra and Anubis. Anubis to D/L is a no-brainer, imo. So, the only one I'm contemplating direction on is Ra. Also, what's up with there being way more monsters requiring Angelits than Devilits?

Also, wow! Legendary Tengu is a cakewalk with Flame Chaser. I could barely beat it inconsistently with D/D Batman, but it's a breeze now. RCV is still non-existent as it was with the Batman team, so there's virtually no healing. You just gotta beat it as quickly as possible. No stalling unless monsters still have timers remaining.

Tobe

did my math and dtron farm red pirate easy as fuck as long as you have 2 max awoken dtron and at least 3 row enhancements. its all about the subs, no awakenings = death :(

DAMN YOU GUNGHO GIVE ME TAMAS!!!

Musan

I only have one Ra, but since I have Kirin, I went L/L for the damage increase. Also have a horus, but since I never use it, not even going to bother.

I had to clear out Mith@gaf today. It's been about 150 days since he's last played.

If you're still playing, please feel free to request again.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that D/L Anubis is an Attacker, too. Holy moly! Looks like I need about a million Mystic Masks, then.

I had to clear out Mith@gaf today. It's been about 150 days since he's last played.

If you're still playing, please feel free to request again.

lol....I clear people out if they don't check in for like 20 days, GAF or not. Unless specified anyway. 98% of my list is people who play daily, which really helps with leader resets.

Try Purin x Flame Chaser for extra LOLs.
Just tried that combo. Nice! Was never in danger with dual Flame Chaser, but this works, too. So I can utilize Purin friends, too, in case I run out of Flame Chaser friends.

I just tried Purin/Purin just to see how it'd fair, but I suspected (correctly) that the low HP would be a problem. Damage output was insane, and the flexibility of adding 2 main Light attacks helped with damage consistency without needing to pop Gigas, but I died to the 3F Ninja preemptive attack, despite matching a bunch of Hearts that healed jack shit. The only other hit I took was a Rock Strike from the 1F Ogre. LOL. Guess I should've taken out the Ogre before the Mid Wood Ninja. I'd know better now, but eh. FC/Purin or FC/FC is easy enough that I don't need to play the more powerful but riskier Purin/Purin. I also just realized that the Flame Spirits drop fully evolved. Maybe I'll be able to put together the perfect Super Emerald farm team sooner than later. Way more efficient than raising ultimate Ogres for skill-ups. We need a damn 2x skill-up event soon. I'm holding onto sooo many skill-up mobs.

suko_32

What subs are you using?

rKJIoe.png

No awakenings. You can probably switch out Yomi and Neptune. Susano was there in case of emergency. I threw this team together without much thought so I'm sure there are better ways to do it. I don't think this is a really reliable way to zero stone it, but it sure is better than doing it with Odin/Ammy.

No awakenings. You can probably switch out Yomi and Neptune. Susano was there in case of emergency. I threw this team together without much thought so I'm sure there are better ways to do it. I don't think this is a really reliable way to zero stone it, but it sure is better than doing it with Odin/Ammy.

I've found a Haku team with 2 Gravs to be pretty reliable. You can sub in more orb changers to reduce trolling, but getting 25x dark damage on Zeus is pretty clutch. Obviously, the hardest part is charging gravs along the way.

suko_32

I've found a Haku team with 2 Gravs to be pretty reliable. You can sub in more orb changers to reduce trolling, but getting 25x dark damage on Zeus is pretty clutch. Obviously, the hardest part is charging gravs along the way.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those Haku-less plebeians on the forum :(

That said your strategy with Haku definately seems much more stable.

I also do not have a haku. I think I might go with F/L Horus, Hera-is, D/L Yomi, Echidna, Valk, F/L Horus. Lets see how well that works.

Nista

Well I bustied Horus instead of Ra today, mostly so I can level up my extra Ra to feed to him for awakenings first. If anyone wants a maxed out Horus friend, send me an invite. I also could use more Umi Yama leaders, if anyone is running them please. :)

The bad part about everyone getting the new busties is that no one has any blue leaders or Tengu leaders up (except GC).

I tried running his pomo with my red team, but it's just not high enough level to pump out the damage. Gonna wait until next time, when I finally have extra xp to devote to a low cost team properly.

Pirate Dragon Legend done, really easy once a demon bound my blue subs and I could combo freely to kill everything but one monster to stall for skills on.

raiot

Guys, I have a serious problem with my US iTunes account and need help from a reliable person in the US (I am from Germany)...
I have 100$ credit on my US ITunes account and apple flagged my account as not TOS conform because I entered a fake address. I can't buy iAP anymore and I don't need my US account besides of PAD...
Is someone willing to help me? He will get the Information for this account, enter a valid address and telephone number and has to contact apple.
I know, it's a bit much too ask, but I don't know anyone in the US...

Unfortunately, I'm one of those Haku-less plebeians on the forum :(

That said your strategy with Haku definately seems much more stable.

I also do not have a haku. I think I might go with F/L Horus, Hera-is, D/L Yomi, Echidna, Valk, F/L Horus. Lets see how well that works.

...You guys have a valid point. Make sure you load up on dark subs and you'll be good.

Floor 1-7 : Stall for any gravities, take out Ogres first. Devils are bitch. Demons you can stall against. You can burn Echidna if you need to as long as you have 2 CDs left by the time you get to Floor 8.

Floor 8 : it's possible to tank a hit from this guy if your HP is high enough (I think he hits for 13-15k on a 2 turn CD).

Floor 9 : Need to take this guy down in one hit, can't tank a hit here and usually on a 1 turn CD.

Floor 10 : Pop Echidna and any gravities and go to work. You'll have 4-5 turns to burn him down, which should be doable.

razterik

I just tried Purin/Purin just to see how it'd fair, but I suspected (correctly) that the low HP would be a problem.
We need a damn 2x skill-up event soon. I'm holding onto sooo many skill-up mobs.

Yeah, managing the HP is pretty tough. For healing, I took a max skill, max awakened light carbuncle since the RCV is crap. Teaming with a Chaser is safer, though. What subs are you running, out of curiosity?

Maybe Wednesday for next event. My new 1000 boxes are bursting already from this weekend. Wanted to farm more Tengu, too.

...You guys have a valid point. Make sure you load up on dark subs and you'll be good.

Floor 1-7 : Stall for any gravities, take out Ogres first. Devils are bitch. Demons you can stall against. You can burn Echidna if you need to as long as you have 2 CDs left by the time you get to Floor 8.

Floor 8 : it's possible to tank a hit from this guy if your HP is high enough (I think he hits for 13-15k on a 2 turn CD).

Floor 9 : Need to take this guy down in one hit, can't tank a hit here and usually on a 1 turn CD.

Floor 10 : Pop Echidna and any gravities and go to work. You'll have 4-5 turns to burn him down, which should be doable.

Yea, I have done this dungeon before with goemon, just looking for a stable team that doesnt get heart skydrop trolled. I'm gonna run this a couple of times and see how it goes.

Jagernaut

Beat Red Pirate Dragon on legend with a double Lucifer team and got a Flame Chaser invade, but had a tough time cracking his defense with no atk multiplier so I had to use stones to continue.

Yeah, managing the HP is pretty tough. For healing, I took a max skill, max awakened light carbuncle since the RCV is crap. Teaming with a Chaser is safer, though. What subs are you running, out of curiosity?
Wood Samurai Ogre (2 Skill Boosts)
Ice Samurai Ogre (2 Skill Boosts)
Gigas (max-skilled)
King Bubblie (2 Skill Boosts)

6 Skill Boosts makes Gigas's orb change available on turn 1.

Beat Red Pirate Dragon on legend with a double Lucifer team and got a Flame Chaser invade, but had a tough time cracking his defense with no atk multiplier so I had to use stones to continue.

Zues, 3 Gravities, luci, 1turn to heal, then another luci kills Red Pirate dragon before he can attack.

Just FYI - for awakenings and such...

Edit: four Pirate red Legend runs - no Chaser, and no little pirate drops. This game hates me...

J0dy77

Okay, I have only enough twinlits for one ultimate sooo...

Ra or Horus? (I also have Kirin if that changes anything).

I vote Horus, got to play with him a bit after getting the final mask for Evo. So much damage with a max skilled team. Have to get used to the extra 1 second of orb time as well.

What I'm really excited to try with all of these new busties is the mix and match burst solution. Horus/Isis now does, 3x for 3 match, 12.5 for 4 match and 20x for 5 match. Being able to control the burst is going to help a lot.

Jagernaut

Zues, 3 Gravities, luci, 1turn to heal, then another luci kills Red Pirate dragon before he can attack.

Just FYI - for awakenings and such...

Edit: four Pirate red Legend runs - no Chaser, and no little pirate drops. This game hates me...

The pirate dragon was not the problem, the chaser invaded on the 4th stage, right before the boss so I didn't want to use my Lucifers. I used 4 gravities on the chaser and then grinded him down.

BlueSteel

I vote Horus, got to play with him a bit after getting the final mask for Evo. So much damage with a max skilled team. Have to get used to the extra 1 second of orb time as well.

Yea, I went with Horus. I have another one if I really wanted to go RR. Ra will have to wait another day.

In the meantime, time to get a dub-amelit for anubis -.-

razterik

So on Master, do the non-boss floors of Tengu always drop? I ran it a few times to test teams and always got a drop.

Edit: Never mind, ran again and had some not drop. Must've been luck.

J0dy77

5/5 with F/L Horus team on KoG. I did switch out Abyss Neptune for Hera-Is.

Holy crap at new Horus. Soooo much power. And the fact that you have 16x that can be done on almost every board means less trolling. His only weakness might be water dungeons and his active skill. But it's going to be really easy to mix and match now that he has light sub type.

I'm noticing the 1 second extended time does help a lot as well. Have to finish leveling Yomi and awaken her. Siren is definitely getting fed for her RCV eggs.

Top Bottom