• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

Glad to hear positive feedback.

Timing on this event is perfect and nice overall. I'm supposed to get another 4-8 inches of snow on Hera Descended day. I will be breaking the bank on her fighting for more skillups. Running Hera and Hera-IS in a 25X Horus team will crush everything!!!

A couple things I noted yesterday running the new Horus:

- Time extend is probably the best awoken skill for burst teams if not overall. So many times I had the internal clock go off in my head but having that extra 2 seconds allowed me to get that 25x.

- It is insanely hard to hit 5 colors and hearts. I was trying to take note of how many times I proc'd all 5 colors plus hearts and it was much less than when I had all 5 colors. You really need board setup for this. I'm definitely leaning towards L/D Ra.

linsivvi

So am I wrong in thinking the only real use for the tri-fruit dungeon is to skillup Sonias or to try and farm Tamadra? Otherwise I don't really see anything too amazing from the dragon evos they're used for.

Oh and holy cow at the extreme dragon rush dungeon, that looks crazy.

Double Luci easily beats it.

ido

Whoever sent me an invite thank you very much. About to begin this keeper hunt. I'm wanting at least 3 Rainbows.

Radav

- It is insanely hard to hit 5 colors and hearts. I was trying to take note of how many times I proc'd all 5 colors plus hearts and it was much less than when I had all 5 colors. You really need board setup for this. I'm definitely leaning towards L/D Ra.

Yeah, I would LOVE to see someone do this with any amount of consistency that would make me believe L/L Ra is a truly viable option. I'm obviously no savant but, I've used Ra tons and I can pretty reliably get his combo off. It's almost always because I've removed most of the heart orbs. I'm really kind of hoping for an egyptian godfest soon so I can try and nab Anubis, a 2nd Ra, and if I'm really lucky a DTron (I have everything for her team just no DTron to speak of yet.)

I am just a wee bit disappointed that even with 49x attack power a light/light ra team cannot one shot Red Pirate dragon. But then again, dungeons like these need to exist in order to reinforce to all plebeian players Anubis' one true god status.
You've just discovered for yourself Ra's weakness. Unless you're packing gravities, you're pretty much limited to his leader skill multiplier, because needing all 6 orb colors to trigger 49x pretty much makes it impossible to utilize other damage-increasing effects other than gravities, nukes, and perhaps a temporary multiplier like Izanagi's 2x God ATK.

Needing all 6 orbs limits you by:

1) You can't concentrate your multiplier into any single color, like you can with a monster like Sakuya.

2) You can't take advantage of row enhancements.

3) You can't take advantage of orb enhancements.

4) You can't take advantage of slime bursts.

5) You can't use orb changers to increase burst damage.

6) Add to all that that triggering 49x is very inconsistent.

7) Anything else I may have missed.

Whoever sent me an invite thank you very much. About to begin this keeper hunt. I'm wanting at least 3 Rainbows.

I highly suggest you wait until next week when it's 2x.

Yeah, I would LOVE to see someone do this with any amount of consistency that would make me believe L/L Ra is a truly viable option. I'm obviously no savant but, I've used Ra tons and I can pretty reliably get his combo off. It's almost always because I've removed most of the heart orbs. I'm really kind of hoping for an egyptian godfest soon so I can try and nab Anubis, a 2nd Ra, and if I'm really lucky a DTron (I have everything for her team just no DTron to speak of yet.)

Really sucks they gave L/L Ra the time awakening, while D/L gets the shaft on awakenings.

J0dy77

You've just discovered for yourself Ra's weakness. Unless you're packing gravities, you're pretty much limited to his leader skill multiplier, because needing all 6 orb colors to trigger 49x pretty much makes it impossible to utilize other damage-increasing effects other than gravities, nukes, and perhaps a temporary multiplier like Izanagi's 2x God ATK.

Needing all 6 orbs limits you by:

1) You can't concentrate your multiplier into any single color, like you can with a monster like Sakuya.

2) You can't take advantage of row enhancements.

3) You can't take advantage of orb enhancements.

4) You can't take advantage of slime bursts.

5) You can't use orb changers to increase burst damage.

6) Add to all that that triggering 49x is very inconsistent.

7) Anything else I may have missed.

I agree. At least with D/L you can try and mix and match the team with heartbreakers, get more consistent matches and try and focus on colors.

Kreed

You may want to try adding Mastering to your roster. His board reset skill can be useful in at least giving you another shot at activating the x25.

ido

What team are you planning to run for hera?

Well, double Lucifer hopefully. I need to rank enough to squeeze a Rainbow on it.

So far:
SoD Lucifer
Witch of the Night, Lilith
Vampire Lord
Ultimate evolved Echidna
Dub mythlit(wanna replace with Rainbow)
SoD Lucifer.

Dunno if itll work, but its probably the best I have being so new.

saichi

Well, double Lucifer hopefully. I need to rank enough to squeeze a Rainbow on it.

So far:
SoD Lucifer
Witch of the Night, Lilith
Vampire Lord
Ultimate evolved Echidna
Dub mythlit(wanna replace with Rainbow)
SoD Lucifer.

Dunno if itll work, but its probably the best I have being so new.

Since you have 2 Lucifers, you probably don't need poison from Lilith. also, you would want a heart maker so Siren should be in.

However, Hades hits for 80K+ and I'm not sure if you would have enough HP to take a hit from him.

Yes, my Fuu got +300 atk in the 6.3 update.

Thanks. I have a Fuu as well which is why I asked.

L/L RA is probably easily doable with puzzcombo, no way I would try it otherwise though lol.

Even then, you're still hoping for RNG. You maximize you need 5 colors + heal = minimum of 18 orbs. So you need over half of the board to work to your favor.

I don't like those odds.

ido

Since you have 2 Lucifers, you probably don't need poison from Lilith. also, you would want a heart maker so Siren should be in.

However, Hades hits for 80K+ and I'm not sure if you would have enough HP to take a hit from him.

80k damn! No way I can take that hit.

Would a Kitty BadShynee be better than Siren since it's dark?

linsivvi

80k damn! No way I can take that hit.

Would a Kitty BadShynee be better than Siren since it's dark?

Is your Echidna max skilled? If it is, you can try this:

Luci/Siren/Echidna/Rainbow Keeperx2/Luci

Use Lucifer on Neptune, then at Hades, immediate use the 2nd Lucifer and Echidna. Use Echidna whenever it's recharged, always use Rainbow Keeper when you are 3 turns away from being attacked. You will be able to recharge your Lucifer with the Echidna/RK combo and kill Hades.

If Echidna is not max skilled, then you'll need to keep Lilith in for Neptune and just use double Lucifer on Hades.

saichi

If Echidna is not max skilled, then you'll need to keep Lilith in for Neptune and just use double Lucifer on Hades.

would be really tough without a heart maker though. Maybe replacing Vampire Lord with Siren?

@ido: Unless your Kitty BadShynee is skilled up and has shorter cool down than Siren, you would want better RCV and shorter cool down on your team since you will need to heal A LOT.

Jinko

Are people bothering with resist for the pirate dragon or just going all out zerg.

Trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

So much new stuff. I really need to sit down and write out a plan for what to level, evo, and run these next few weeks.

You use PAD Herder?

Are people bothering with resist for the pirate dragon or just going all out zerg.

Been running 2x Lucy w/ Ceres/Is/Hades/Zues. Don't even give the boss time to attack. 3x Grav + MS + Heal + MS = Dead

personally i went with a kirin team
kirin (mine) 86, kirin friend 64 (both last evo)
max level busty valk
busty sieg lvl 92
busty cu lvl 86
echidna lvl 59 with 98+ eggs

1 egged because i didn't manage to one shot him...
2 shotted him :)
as simple as that :X
never stalled for skill btw, just went all bazinga with orbs..
i didn't get trolled, truth be told..
i could pull off consistently kirin pretty much every round, i had to activate orb conversion twice on the floor before the boss, but apart from that safe..

my personal view is that for the law of big number you *should* always have a 3x every colour match on the board if the probability is not skewed in any way , so i simply try to do a full board sweep for EACH combo and the rest be damned :)

fallingdove

I am trying to beat the Tuesday - Expert for a Rainbow but having some difficulty.

I have a dark team I have been trying with Thanatos(Leader-2x HP for Dark), Chaos Devil Dragon, Haku, Manekimedra and Dub-mythilit. For a friend I have tried both Batman for 2x HP and ATK, and Lucifer for the 2x HP + Critical special. Both runs I tried, I got to the Rainbow Keeper pretty easily but was then destroyed.

Any thoughts/tips? I have seen guides reccomending double horus - I don't have horus but might have friends that do.

I am trying to beat the Tuesday - Expert for a Rainbow but having some difficulty.

I have a dark team I have been trying with Thanatos(Leader-2x HP for Dark), Chaos Devil Dragon, Haku, Manekimedra and Dub-mythilit. For a friend I have tried both Batman for 2x HP and ATK, and Lucifer for the 2x HP + Critical special. Both runs I tried, I got to the Rainbow Keeper pretty easily but was then destroyed.

Any thoughts/tips? I have seen guides reccomending double horus - I don't have horus but might have friends that do.

I would run your chaos devil dragon as lead, with lucifer friend. Load up your team with dubmythlits and you should be able to tank the rainbow keeper's hit and kill him slowly with nukes. Or you can try building a resolve team, or using an odin friend.

Jinko

Yea I just tried it with 5 x HP and it was a long ass fight but do able, as long as you are sitting around 25k you should be ok, you will have 5 turns to heal yourself up again.

Genie is much more handy in that fight as she can null damage for 3 turns.

fallingdove

Yea I just tried it with 5 x HP and it was a long ass fight but do able, as long as you are sitting around 25k you should be ok, you will have 5 turns to heal yourself up again.

Genie is much more handy in that fight as she can null damage for 3 turns.

Who has a 5x HP leader skill?

Kyuur

I use a resolve team with Orochi leader / Archangel (2 Awakening) leads. First time I did it I just used shitty subs so it took forever. I use Kirin sub now for 20% damage every 15 turns so its not too bad.

pix

Does anyone by chance have a spare data048.bin on IOS that I can use with a good starter. Tired of rerolling for the past 2 weeks. :(

linsivvi

would be really tough without a heart maker though. Maybe replacing Vampire Lord with Siren?

@ido: Unless your Kitty BadShynee is skilled up and has shorter cool down than Siren, you would want better RCV and shorter cool down on your team since you will need to heal A LOT.

Yeah it'll take hours without a heart maker.

I don't have Lucifer either so I went with Drawn Joker/Lucifer, 2xGravity, 2xRK. It's still pretty tough but it is doable with 0 stone.

Kreed

You could do the resist route. If you used two Megalodran, you'd need 14.3 K HP to survive his under 50% HP attacks. Otherwise you could try resist + a HP multiplier/RCV multiplier (Megalodran + Blue Noel/Gabriel) as long as you can make it past 28k HP.

Jinko

I don't have Lucifer either so I went with Drawn Joker/Lucifer, 2xGravity, 2xRK. It's still pretty tough but it is doable with 0 stone.

Heh I'm waiting on Dub-mythlits to evolve my toy dragons, I got so much stuff waiting on evo mats its unreal.

What is RK btw ?

You could do the resist route. If you used two Megalodran, you'd need 14.3 K HP to survive his under 50% HP attacks. Otherwise you could try resist + a HP multiplier/RCV multiplier (Megalodran + Blue Noel/Gabriel) as long as you can make it past 28k HP.

This looks doable for me, will give it a shot.

Genji

I like the random starter based super metals we've been getting (9am PST today for fire), but I wish there was more notice so that I could plan accordingly. Still, it allows me to skip the pengdra cycle for my dark team which is awesome.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does anyone by chance have a spare data048.bin on IOS that I can use with a good starter. Tired of rerolling for the past 2 weeks. :(

I have an account with Lucifer and Hades that I don't use on my iPad. Low rank, so you'd still be able to experience the whole game haha.

Nista

Yup yup. Profile hasn't been updated, but I'm also the Business Manager @ GungHo America. Tamas will be used on my Odin and/or Bastet. Gf will most likely put them into her Andromeda unless she pulls something better soon.

We appreciate the free tamas for sure, though I know I'm going to try to farm the heck out of twinlits this weekend to get more before the weekly dungeon switchover, so the free stones will be spent as well.

(And I talk PAD with your gf from time to time :) Small world!)

I guess I made the right choice with Horus over Ra for now. My luck isn't that good!

yami4ct

I found that having a ripper dragon with a resist lead\auto-heal friend works fairly well. The trick is getting passed the knights. I'd say charge your ripper on the first turn by killing one knight and letting the other live while you match non-attack orbs. Also, save up attacking orbs for round 2 as that's the really dangerous round. Second round, as long as you don't have two knights that are resistant to your main attack element you'll probably ok. Pop all your attack orbs, but save your ripper. 3rd round pop your ripper to kill all the knights. After that, it's just a slow grind to take out the guardians. Your main damage will be from your ripper skill, so mainly just concentrate on matching orbs as fast as possible rather than combing. Since the guardian charge is so long, you should have zero trouble auto healing enough to trigger a resist by the next attack.

If you have multiple ripper dragons, you're even better off. That means you can not only rip up the second round of knights to make that safer, but also take out guardians way quicker. The only risk with multiple rippers is if you have them of different colors, at that point you have to be careful that you don't accidentally kill the last knight first round while you're charging.

Tobe

just odin your way out, resist leader and friend odin. bam easy.

I just scored a "SUPER!!" dropping three super kings and two kings onto Anubis. 1.2 million EXP, aww yeah!

you lucky guy, the best ive ever gotten was with blue noel i fed it to busty orochi got a great. still massive exp. grats.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
We appreciate the free tamas for sure, though I know I'm going to try to farm the heck out of twinlits this weekend to get more before the weekly dungeon switchover, so the free stones will be spent as well.

(And I talk PAD with your gf from time to time :) Small world!)

I guess I made the right choice with Horus over Ra for now. My luck isn't that good!

It is a small world =D

So we're finally getting Sapphire Dragons tomorrow. Seems like it's been so long. Been holding onto these blue Pengdras from the challenge technicals forever. Gonna clear out a lot of these Pengdras and Plants. And bonus, we're getting Super Sapphires, too! I guess I'll max out my second BlOdin and save the Kings and some HIghs to max skill King Bubblie. Maybe I should also save the rest in case we get BlOnia in this Godfest. Would be great to be able to max level her right away.

sort of dropping the ball lately padgaf, but i'm working like crazy..
i've another business strip to slovenia next week and i'm in the process of finalizing some technical documents, plus i have to finish 2 project in parallel as lead developer and one as "god" (aka analyst, developer, tester) since it's a project that the client paid a gazillion (upward of 100k euro) but wants the half of the project to be ready by the end of this month and be a in relatively stable state (minimum brt phase, they want to ship it soon...)..
being resident java wrathful (hate team underperforming.. when i have to rush i much prefer overworking myself to death rather then having to coope with ppl doing suboptimal code...) expert i'm doing a one man one rush :p
if only they payed me a % of the project cost i'd be happy, my wage netto is slighty more than 2k :/

anyway i'll try to get back in the gig during the period i'll be in slovenia possibly :p
believe!

btw.. wassap with pirate dungeon?
it's not hard but brainharded..
i mean, if i whiss a combo i'm dead to even legend bartholemew in 1 hit...
and i'm running an almost max level kirin team... sighhhh

Top Bottom