• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

just messing around challenge mode, god it looks awesome to have a team of Dtron D/L anubis, D/L yomi, Ares, Dtron, Dtron, so stacked.

just messing around challenge mode, god it looks awesome to have a team of Dtron D/L anubis, D/L yomi, Ares, Dtron, Dtron, so stacked.

Sigh dem dtron and yomi..
But on a side note..

Dragon and tengu to clear since i lack stable low cost team..
Izanami done.. Top difficulty 1 stoned..
Beelzebub done... Two stoned
Takeminakata done.. Top difficulty 1 stoned..
Athena done... Zero stoned..
Hera ur done... Top difficulty 1 stoned..
Zeus dios todo
Satan done.. Zero stoned
Herais done.. Top difficulty zero stoned
Goemon done.. Top difficulty zero stoned
Valk done.. Top difficulty 1 stoned
Zeus done.. Zero stoned
Two heroes done.. Zero stoned
Hera done.. Zero stoned

Don't get me wrong the game is great but apart from grinding exp/plus egg i don't see much more to do atm..
And even if they put out new descended..
I Now have:
Solid 3xbalanced team
Solid 3x physical team
Solid dark team
Solid byakko team
Solid kirin team
Solid mono light team
Solid monored team
Solid goemon team
Low level horus team
Solid zeus team (apart from non max level zeus)
Solid valk
Solid bastet team

So i can deal with most dungeon, for me any new descended is at most icing the cake..
Maybe going iap heavy (spent around 250 eur since i started at us pad launch) made the game.. A bit too easy..

J0dy77

So i can deal with most dungeon, for me any new descended is at most icing the cake..
Maybe going iap heavy (spent around 250 eur since i started at us pad launch) made the game.. A bit too easy..

I always took being a Non IAP player as an extra challenge to the game. Seeing how much I can complete with limited resources has made it more fun for me.

Nothing against IAP and to each their own. I know George and Nicago take it to another level with the teams they have and the level of detail in each team. Being able to level 3 of a mob just for the awakening ability is something I just can't do as a non IAP. Maxing Zeus and Hera Gravities will take me years. I'm insanely jealous of George's max skill Ra. Seems like those are the next layer of victory for the IAP crowd.

Marvelous

The Tower of Flare is kicking my butt. I guess I need some better monsters... or maybe someone here can increase my luck when it comes to the orbs, lol.

Wow. Red Pirate Legend is a joke with my Siegfried team. I used the same team I posted that I used to farm Goemon.

Siegfried
BlOdin
Hermes
Megalodran
King Bubblie
Siegfried

6 Skill Boosts makes Bubblie ready in 11 turns. I really need to skill Bubblie up. Super Sapphires will help with that. Megalodran can provide Hearts if needed to help stall. Marine Goblins are the easiest to stall on since they're on a 3 turn counter. King Bubblie plus orb changers easily 1-shots the Pirate Dragon.

After running Legendary Flame Mech countless times for a Flame Chaser, I got an invade in my first Legend Red Pirate run. I also had 2 Red Pirate enemies appear in a single Master run and got one of them to drop. Seems pretty lucky if those are supposed to be rare spawns. Gonna need to farm this throughout the event since not enough friends run Siegfried to continuously farm it. Same problem I had running Goemon. Had to switch to Lucifer because I ran out of Siegfried friends.

Musan

You can sub out the megalodran for an ice ogre to get more skill boosts. Making a max skill bubblie ready to go on turn 5. Or switch blodin with siegfried to get more row enhance goodness when teaming with another blodin.

I've been playing for awhile now but haven't been playing seriously. I just jump on and play whatever is up and racking the daily. I havent really started taking on descended dungeons and want to start now. I plan to play non-IAP and need some help on what team to focus on. I have 6 tamadras to play with right now. My box looks something like this:

Dino rider
Shiva
Echidna
Cat woman
Shaitan
Phoenix knight

Neptune
Berserk
Undine
Fenrir
Mermaid

Susano
Godin

Verche
Ltron
Genie
Angel
Fairlio

Gryps
Nebradisk
Pandora x2
Lilith
Apple drawn
Vamp
And various resist dragons and knights at lower levels.

What do ya guys think I should focus on?

Totakeke

I've been playing for awhile now but haven't been playing seriously. I just jump on and play whatever is up and racking the daily. I havent really started taking on descended dungeons and want to start now. I plan to play non-IAP and need some help on what team to focus on. I have 6 tamadras to play with right now. My box looks something like this:

Dino rider
Shiva
Echidna
Cat woman
Shaitan
Phoenix knight

Neptune
Berserk
Undine
Fenrir
Mermaid

Susano
Godin

Verche
Ltron
Genie
Angel
Fairlio

Gryps
Nebradisk
Pandora x2
Lilith
Apple drawn
Vamp
And various resist dragons and knights at lower levels.

What do ya guys think I should focus on?

Healer team. Ltron lead, Echidna, Farlion.

Get a King Shynee, and also maybe level up Siren (Mermaid). Not sure if that team can beat Goddess Descended for a Valkyrie which should eventually place Siren. Light is tough to level up though.

Healer team. Ltron lead, Echidna, Farlion.

Get a King Shynee, and also maybe level up Siren (Mermaid). Not sure if that team can beat Goddess Descended for a Valkyrie which should eventually place Siren. Light is tough to level up though.

I was looking into a healer team and then I pulled double pandora in the last godfest. Is pandora, pandora, gryps, vamp not viable for non-IAP?

Totakeke

I was looking into a healer team and then I pulled double pandora in the last godfest. Is pandora, pandora, gryps, vamp not viable for non-IAP?

You want the ult evo D/W vamp as lead to for a mono-dark. That's probably your best option in the near term and for farming normals and technicals. Not sure about descends. It's definitely doable but not Pandora as lead, you'll be struggling.

You can sub out the megalodran for an ice ogre to get more skill boosts. Making a max skill bubblie ready to go on turn 5. Or switch blodin with siegfried to get more row enhance goodness when teaming with another blodin.
Oh. Those are some thoughts. Thanks. I'll try them out. Yeah. I really want to max skill a Bubblie and eventually Woodsie and Flamie. There's really no reason not to with regular Super dungeon cycles making Kings easier to acquire.

You want the ult evo D/W vamp as lead to for a mono-dark. That's probably your best option in the near term and for farming normals and technicals. Not sure about descends. It's definitely doable but not Pandora as lead, you'll be struggling.

Gotcha, thanks for the help. I'm on Ocean of Heaven on normal and hill of iris' rainbow on technicals. I'm in the process of doing the challenges to get more stones stock piled. I'll think on whether to do the healer or mono dark.

Do you have CDK? He can get all in there, too.

I have the unevolved version. Just gotta level him up.

A team consisting of
Pandora/Gryps/Vamp Lord/Helldark Blood Demon/Pandora//Pandora

should be able to burst down Valkyrie with row awakenings on all the eligible monsters, but that would require a significant investment of time and materials on your part. Ltron is your best bet for short term bang-for-your-buck at the moment.

Out of curiosity, how are row bonuses calculated? It's easy to imagine just one row clear with one awakening adding 10%, but how do the bonuses stack when you have multiple rows and/or awakenings?

Totakeke

Out of curiosity, how are row bonuses calculated? It's easy to imagine just one row clear with one awakening adding 10%, but how do the bonuses stack when you have multiple rows and/or awakenings?

6 row awakenings = 60% = 1.6x multipler for one row cleared. For two rows you just add another 60% for a total of 120% or 2.2x multiplier.

Tobe

so its actually better to have 3 rows than a full board??? thats the only thing i dont know about the game, dmg calculation.

Marvelous

So, about that Tower of Flare... what's a good team to use for it? I haven't used the REM since the tutorial part so I've just been using the basic monsters that drop in the normal dungeons.

Currently using Umisachi & Yamasachi, Plesios, a light harpie demon, a black knight and a fire samurai ogre (lol). I have a vampire lord, but it costs too much to put on the team.

So, about that Tower of Flare... what's a good team to use for it? I haven't used the REM since the tutorial part so I've just been using the basic monsters that drop in the normal dungeons.

Currently using Umisachi & Yamasachi, Plesios, a light harpie demon, a black knight and a fire samurai ogre (lol). I have a vampire lord, but it costs too much to put on the team.
Have you played Technical dungeons yet? Tower of Flare is supposed to be way too hard for you when you first get there so that you go play Technicals.

If you're having trouble with Tower of Flare and haven't done any of the Technical dungeons yet, do so. The first few tech dungeons are slightly easier than Castle of Satan while Tower of Flare is a big difficulty jump.

e:f;b

Marvelous

Okay, thanks guys. I guess I'll tackle the technical dungeons first. The monsters that drop in the tech dungeons will help out with that tower?

KuroNeeko

Lost my Mei Mei / Lemon Dragon account when I switched phones and google sync didn't pull through. :/

Guess I'm rerolling. Doesn't seem like there are really any good units to shoot for in this Mura Collection - maybe Byakko or IzuIzu. :/

On a side note, GH's new board game is pretty fun, but still pretty limited. We'll see how much of an IAP fest it'll be on the 21st when PvP opens up.

Jinko

I always took being a Non IAP player as an extra challenge to the game. Seeing how much I can complete with limited resources has made it more fun for me.

Nothing against IAP and to each their own. I know George and Nicago take it to another level with the teams they have and the level of detail in each team. Being able to level 3 of a mob just for the awakening ability is something I just can't do as a non IAP. Maxing Zeus and Hera Gravities will take me years. I'm insanely jealous of George's max skill Ra. Seems like those are the next layer of victory for the IAP crowd.

Playing as non IAP would frustrate the hell out of me, hell I IAP and it still does lol.

Oh. Those are some thoughts. Thanks. I'll try them out. Yeah. I really want to max skill a Bubblie and eventually Woodsie and Flamie. There's really no reason not to with regular Super dungeon cycles making Kings easier to acquire.
Follow-up. I didn't want to give up Megalodran because I like its combination with Hermes to turn most of the board Water. But I found that I actually never used Siegfried's skill because it was redundant with Hermes. So, I replaced Siegfried with a Blazing Ice Ogre, and swapped BlOdin into the leader position. It still works great with a Siegfried helper, providing a total of 8 Skill Boosts, and works even better with dual BlOdins for 11 Skill Boosts. It still 1-shots the boss even with a reduced multiplier of 37.5x instead of 54x.

edit: Ran Legend 6 times and already got my second Flame Chaser. But only got my single Red Pirate from my single Master run. Chiyome is really the only monster I'm interested in skilling-up through this dungeon, but I'm not sure it's worth it at these drop rates. The Pirate Dragon seems pretty lame, too.

Tobe

Lost my Mei Mei / Lemon Dragon account when I switched phones and google sync didn't pull through. :/

Guess I'm rerolling. Doesn't seem like there are really any good units to shoot for in this Mura Collection - maybe Byakko or IzuIzu. :/

On a side note, GH's new board game is pretty fun, but still pretty limited. We'll see how much of an IAP fest it'll be on the 21st when PvP opens up.

cant you do anything about it?

Zero_IYAD

That's very weird!
I used the Google sync function tons of times when my S3 was dying slowly!
Anyway, you can contact them to get your account back, but they won't respond unless your rank is >100 or you spent some cash on IAP.
Luckily there's a member who writes here who works with GungHo US, hope he can help : )

I don't even want to talk about how badly I've gotten burned rolling for a Hanzo in murakofest.

As for Summons Board, while various aspects of it from the video make sense to anybody who's played PAD I don't really understand the underlying mechanics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl6bBL1nDCM

KuroNeeko

Lost Account>

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Unfortunately, I was a non-IAP player and not even ranked very high.

Sucks since I liked both of the units but all I lost was some time. Not looking forward to the reroll marathon waiting for me though. :p

As for Summons Board, while various aspects of it from the video make sense to anybody who's played PAD I don't really understand the underlying mechanics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl6bBL1nDCM

Think of it as it as like survival mode Shogi (or Chess.) You've got a team of 4 units that can move in certain patterns. Your goal is in single player is to go through dungeons much like in P&D. I imagine PvP will be much more like Go in that it will be team vs. team. I wonder how they will offset the advantage of going first.

I just took a look at the wife's monster box and she has been blessed by the gung-ho gods.

Karin, Isis, kush, oku, Lmeta, mei mei, izunagi, and that's only what I can recall from looking quickly. Pretty amazing for non-IAP.

coy

I've been trying to search but on mobile it sucks.
what are some good haku subs?

Farmable: Vamp, Echidna, Hera harem (Heram?), Drawn Joker, RK
REM: Loki, Persephone, Hades, Yomi, D/W Batman (Batcha)

I am sure I am missing some, but I wanted to list mainly dark subs (and Echidna).

Totakeke

Oh, so it's added and not multiplied? I was initially thinking it would be 2.56x.

To my understanding, yeah.

so its actually better to have 3 rows than a full board??? thats the only thing i dont know about the game, dmg calculation.

Full board doesn't really do a lot of damage unless you can + enhance the whole board for 2.8x. Full board alone is a ((30-3)x.25+1) 7.75x so with orb ehance you get 21.7x.

So if you have 3 rows and assuming the other 2 rows form 4 additional off-color combos, that's 3x6orb on-color and 4x3orb off color which results in ~13.1x. This is better than a full board of the same color already. Orb enhance is also worse for this because it is only applied once on the largest orb number match so that's 1.36x.. for about 17.82x. But if you have 6x row awakenings which gives 60% extra each row for a total of 2.8x, your 13.1x will become 36.75x.

If you add orb enhance to that, that will become close to 50x. If you add 6 row awakenings to a full board with orb enhance, (21.7x1.6) you get about 34.7x. If you do 10 combos with half of the combos being on color, which means 5x3orb on color and 5x3 orb off color, you'll get 16.25x, but your orb enhance can only push you to ~19.2x and you don't get to use row awakenings.

So generally the more combos the better but row awakenings turns that around once you have more than 4 of them. Orb enhance effects has their place but doesn't work that well with either maximizing combos and rows.

Totakeke

tevvie said:
01.jpg

Blast Aurora Dragon
Gets Physical Subtype
3855/1264/202 (+800/0/0)
Leader: Significantly reduce water damage (55%)
02.jpg

Hanzo Uvo
1389/1898/480 (0/+250/0)
Leader: 1.5x rcv/hp and 2x attack for attacker monsters
05.jpg

Chiyome Uvo
2738/1390/383 (+100/+50/+30)
Leader: 2.5x attack and 2x HP for balance monsters
06.jpg

Fuma Uvo
4238/1331/39 (+500/0/0)
Leader: 1.5x rcv/hp and 2x attack for physical monsters

hyo.jpg

In addition all single orb enchance monsters have the active CD down to 5 turns and neptune poison is getting a buff(?)

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=33085&page=4

They sure are pushing the hero gods huh.

To clarify, the orb enhance monsters affected include horus,cerebrus, griffon, unicorn, kraken, and phoenix.
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140212_skill.html

KuroNeeko

Just messing around with my reset marathon and pulled a 6★ Avalon Drake...

He looks pretty good...
To think I was all prepared to take Chiyome again if she dropped...

edit: Hmm, my mistake. Word on the interwebs is that he's not very good or at least hasn't reached his full potential yet... Crap.

Kreed

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=33085&page=4

They sure are pushing the hero gods huh.

To clarify, the orb enhance monsters affected include horus,cerebrus, griffon, unicorn, kraken, and phoenix.
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140212_skill.html

They needed to do something with the single orb enhance skill. The gods with double orb enhances just made them obsolete outside of different stats in addition to monsters like My Melody having orb enhance AND delay.

Wonder what the Neptune skill fix will be? I'm assuming this is either to make him more useful than Blue Angry Bird, or to help him not be completely overshadowed by Red Odin.

J0dy77

Farmable: Vamp, Echidna, Hera harem (Heram?), Drawn Joker, RK
REM: Loki, Persephone, Hades, Yomi, D/W Batman (Batcha)

I am sure I am missing some, but I wanted to list mainly dark subs (and Echidna).

Beelzebub, Dark Neptune, Chaos Dragon Knight, Viper Orochi, ALL of the Heras (UR, IS and DQ), Seigfried, Red Giant Gigas. The list goes on forever with Haku subs.

My dream for the Haku team will be Haku Ultimate Evo x2, DQ Hera, Hera-IS both Max skill, Echidna and Beelzebub. Sooo much damage.

Radav

72 PAL pulls. I didn't do half bad.

3 Tamadras!! 1 Super King Gold, 2 King Gold, 2 Emerald Kings, 1 Ruby King, 1 Metal King, 3 plus eggs and like 6 or 7 evo'd moltras of a variety of colors. This was after the first 30 pulls yielded me next to nothing. lol

Totakeke

3 Tamadras!! 1 Super King Gold, 2 King Gold, 2 Emerald Kings, 1 Ruby King, 1 Metal King, 3 plus eggs and like 6 or 7 evo'd moltras of a variety of colors. This was after the first 30 pulls yielded me next to nothing. lol

Uhh, everyone is going to be so disappointed when they pull theirs now.

J0dy77

Trolled for most of my 80 pulls but did pretty well with Gold kings. Not a single Tamdra though. Still haven't even seen one in months. Bring on the baby tamdra dungeon.

I did have this happen for my last 7 rolls which made the pain feel a bit better:

p9aANl3l.jpg

Limit

44 pal pulls, 2 tamadras, 2 plus eggs, 4 kings, and a lot of junk. Decent. And after the ultimate evos came out my leader monster use has plummeted again. Went from 25+ on sunday to about 6 from Monday to today. Its crazy. Seems like everyone went back to playing challenge mode again. Though I am not seeing any Echidnas up in the wild.

Wanchan

52 pulls, not even a single gold egg....i hate PAL machine for the US version, i keep getting crap, on the JP ones i seems to have way better results.

ccbfan

I had fantastic luck on kings and super.

Did 57 rolls and probably got about 7 kings and 5 supers. No tamadora though. Did get a siren which I really wanted for awokening purposes.

If the formula for leader skill upgrades are the consistent the 2/2.5 Ult ninja's would have OK leaders skills if not for the fact they have completely wrong colors for their types.

I mean Balance Red? Attacker Green? Completely useless.

Also why is Red ninja's (the one I have) stat upgrade so bad compared to the other 2?

The other 2 got 50 +eggs of stats, red ninja? 30.

saichi

Rolled Kuromi on Sunday with my 200 days bonus... she looks like a good mob for Tengu or Draggie. am I right? I paired her with a purin leader and the RCV was killing me :(

Top Bottom