• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Does anyone still have their Ripper Dragons? I still have all of mine and haven't had the heart to feed them, they're like old friends. Got me through so much content early on.
I fed away my red one since he had like 10 +eggs in him from my early days. But otherwise I've held on to them.

Limit

Does anyone still have their Ripper Dragons? I still have all of mine and haven't had the heart to feed them, they're like old friends. Got me through so much content early on.

Sure, they are still worth keeping around. They helped me venture through those mono color only technical dungeons and I don't have enough monsters of all colors to just throw rippers away.

ZeroAKA

I must have ran Tower of Giants at least 50 times today waiting for a Titan to drop. Finally got it. -_-

Ranked up three levels in the process though.

J0dy77

Sure, they are still worth keeping around. They helped me venture through those mono color only technical dungeons and I don't have enough monsters of all colors to just throw rippers away.

I kind of realized they serve no purpose for me anymore. All of mine are under leveled and I have better resist mobs of each color. Probably going to feed away.

StMeph

I kind of realized they serve no purpose for me anymore. All of mine are under leveled and I have better resist mobs of each color. Probably going to feed away.

While they're fairly easily recoverable from PAL pulls, and obsoleted at every turn by other monsters, I would hold on to them in the event that GungHo buffs them as well, for whatever reason. Their XP values aren't that good.

Ashodin

While they're fairly easily recoverable from PAL pulls, and obsoleted at every turn by other monsters, I would hold on to them in the event that GungHo buffs them as well, for whatever reason. Their XP values aren't that good.

Yep, I hold onto everything for the inevitable buff. It's coming.

Ashodin

Was Ares posted here?

1375784_3424291343868_107491778_n.jpg

Yeah. And I'm loving that color combination. He could be a nice farm team friend paired with byakko.
Interesting. Basically a 2/7/1 team if you use the right team members. Are we assuming the new elements will now be included in their leader skills? Something like Hera-Ur, Vampire, Siegfried, Echidna. Could be sick.

Kreed

So at this point, with Hera-Ur, Athena, and now Beelzebub, is there any point in having/hunting for the Mythical Beasts (Phoenix, Unicorn, Kraken, Griffin, Cerberus)? Seems like they are all outclassed outside of a couple of useful awoken skills (though I guess Griffin and Cerberus are still useful because of their primary attack elements).

Interesting. Basically a 2/7/1 team if you use the right team members. Are we assuming the new elements will now be included in their leader skills? Something like Hera-Ur, Vampire, Siegfried, Echidna. Could be sick.

I was assuming they would get leader skills similar to the Norse God Ultimates, where the leader skill also affects their sub type (Balanced, Devil, etc...), but if it adds elements instead that would be great for Dark and Light mono teams, as it would finally add the missing 2x HP and 2x Attack combination.

Busty Zeus (Light)
v9Mog6Y.png

There was also a dark version but I didn't get a capture of it

They also announced that the lits to busty them drop in their own Descended dungeon :lol

razterik

Dark Zeus switches main attribute to dark? Interesting. Wonder how many other monsters we'll see like that. Looking forward to the full info in November.

mercviper

Would Mastering's orb refresh get rid of poison orbs? If so I should level up my max skilled Mastering.

I would think so unless poison orbs drop normally in the dungeon. Though I haven't tested to see if mastering gives a regular board with it's refresh or a restricted board if it applies to the dungeon.

Kreed

They also announced that the lits to busty them drop in their own Descended dungeon :lol

That's what I was assuming. The next thing however if to find out how many of these evo items do they need each, and how often do the materials show up in their dungeon (plus just how big of a power up the Zeus' are getting). I'm going to guess they'll appear at least once per run (probably one floor with both light and dark, and one will drop at random), but it's still going to suck though depending on how difficult the dungeon is.

I would think so unless poison orbs drop normally in the dungeon. Though I haven't tested to see if mastering gives a regular board with it's refresh or a restricted board if it applies to the dungeon.

It clears jammer orbs, so I don't see why it wouldn't clear poison. Based on the wiki page, the poison orbs only show up in similar fashion.

Mastering does follow restriction rules (if no yellow orbs are in a dungeon, his refresh won't make yellow orbs appear).

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I really like my mono blue team, and have a nice siren that heals pretty well, but my limiting factor is hp. When a "strong" monster pops up they one shot me. Are there any good farmable monsters with super high hp? I was thinking of the golem dudes? I could farm them today I guess.

coy

Definitely the Golems are the way to go. Furthermore, their active skill is of a defensive nature (50% dmg reduction for 3 turns) so even more assistance if the chance of being killed is a possibility. Perfect opportunity to snatch one with this upcoming event as the chance to drop is increased.

If acquiring a Golem proves difficult, you can go for a Keeper of RGB as a placeholder. Even better, Keepers have the same active skill.

I really like my mono blue team, and have a nice siren that heals pretty well, but my limiting factor is hp. When a "strong" monster pops up they one shot me. Are there any good farmable monsters with super high hp? I was thinking of the golem dudes? I could farm them today I guess.

Golems as the other poster mentioned. Much later on into the game you will get access to Berserk/Siegfried and Hera-Is, which have huge stats and will help your HP problem a lot.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Definitely the Golems are the way to go. Furthermore, their active skill is of a defensive nature (50% dmg reduction for 3 turns) so even more assistance if the chance of being killed is a possibility. Perfect opportunity to snatch one with this upcoming event as the chance to drop is increased.

If acquiring a Golem proves difficult, you can go for a Keeper of RGB as a placeholder. Even better, Keepers have the same active skill.

Which event is this? If I can make farming easier I want in. Where/When should I farm?

Kreed

Goemon's skill should do the same thing.

The non Kirin Chinese God skill up monsters (I'm assuming we'll get them long before we get Beelzebub) should work as well.

Which event is this? If I can make farming easier I want in. Where/When should I farm?

The event starting on Monday will increase the drop rate for all normal dungeons to x1.5 for 12 days. So it's a perfect time for new players to get the harder to get farmable monsters (Vampire, Titan, Golems, Healer Girls).

Limit

After 200 stamina/day running only X dragon dungeons for 10 days straight I finally acquired a second Tamadra. This drop rate is harsh. If this trend holds then its 3 Tamadras/month assuming one continues to spend that level of stamina on daily X dragon dungeons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was thinking about Tamadras this morning. I really think they're TOO rare. I get that handing them out like candy would be game breaking, but they simply don't show up enough. Top that off with miserably low drop rates...

I think I've run about 300 stam worth of metal dragons since I've seen my last one (not gotten my last drop). I'd guess I'm about 450-500 stam from my last drop. It's a bit silly.

Jagernaut

It wasn't mentioned in the initial event info but there will be 2 PAL events for the *All Hallows Haunt* :

10/21-10/26 - Rare Evo Materials
10/27-11/1 - King Metal/Jewel Dragons

After 200 stamina/day running only X dragon dungeons for 10 days straight I finally acquired a second Tamadra. This drop rate is harsh. If this trend holds then its 3 Tamadras/month assuming one continues to spend that level of stamina on daily X dragon dungeons.

Good lord.

That is rather ridiculous. I have yet to get ANY sort of rare drop whatsoever out of any dungeons. Which is getting old pretty fast.

I thought about going after one of the legendary dungeons on expert but figured it would be a waste of time anyway. Not good when you start getting that mindset.

Wanted to check how others are doing in OoH, as far as +eggs are concerned. I've been on a serious dry spell over the last three weekends. I haven't got a single +egg from OoH through 25ish runs.

I have a crappy time trying to farm SS Zeus with my Goemon team that I stick mainly to OoH for farming on the weekends.

J0dy77

Wanted to check how others are doing in OoH, as far as +eggs are concerned. I've been on a serious dry spell over the last three weekends. I haven't got a single +egg from OoH through 25ish runs.

I have a crappy time trying to farm SS Zeus with my Goemon team that I stick mainly to OoH for farming on the weekends.

I was on the same exact run for about a month and finally broke through on OoH yesterday with 8 total yesterday.

Kreed

I was thinking about Tamadras this morning. I really think they're TOO rare. I get that handing them out like candy would be game breaking, but they simply don't show up enough. Top that off with miserably low drop rates...

I think I've run about 300 stam worth of metal dragons since I've seen my last one (not gotten my last drop). I'd guess I'm about 450-500 stam from my last drop. It's a bit silly.

It's probably better to hunt for Tamadra's during events since their appearance rate increases to x1.5. Obviously 1.5 x "hardly ever shows up" is still rare, but at least you'll get more Kings too.

Ashodin

Tell that to my fiancée who's gotten one every day or there abouts and only spends 60 stam.

And I haven't seen one drop since the Tamadra dungeon...

BlueSteel

Tell that to my fiancée who's gotten one every day or there abouts and only spends 60 stam.

And I haven't seen one drop since the Tamadra dungeon...

I expect them to be pretty much nonexistent during non-event periods. During event periods I expect to get a couple.

Musan

Tamadra drops, like anything in this game, can be streaky. When I did metal dragon runs on thursday after the event, I got 3 tamadra in 6 runs. I'll probably try running it more during the event, since I don't feel like skilling goemon up.

Zero_IYAD

I finally found the time & stamina to progress through the main game dungeons, & am up to:
-Normal: Vesta Cave
-Technical: Just cleared Hill of Iris's Rainbow, & got my 1st Conditional Dungeon; Forbidden Tower

Thanks to the great x2 MS + x2 Gravity team <3

So how do people face the Conditional Dungeons?
Also which stage of OoH do you guys usually repeat on x1.5% drop days for + eggs & mystic masks?

I've spent almost 60 eur on rem over pad whole life but rng gods..
Wanted sakuya and a few other fire moba and gave a spin @egg roll..
First roll sasuke..
Second roll sasuke...
Third roll sasuke...
Cmon.................

And if i might add, this must be a trend for me, last godofeast it was angeliion, angeliion, farlion...

I've spent almost 60 eur on rem over pad whole life but rng gods..
Wanted sakuya and a few other fire moba and gave a spin @egg roll..
First roll sasuke..
Second roll sasuke...
Third roll sasuke...
Cmon.................

And if i might add, this must be a trend for me, last godofeast it was angeliion, angeliion, farlion...

um. rule no. 1 :

don't roll outside a godfest. Ever

I finally found the time & stamina to progress through the main game dungeons, & am up to:
-Technical: Just cleared Hill of Iris's Rainbow, & got my 1st Conditional Dungeon; Forbidden Tower

Also which stage of OoH do you guys usually repeat on x1.5% drop days for + eggs & mystic masks?

Sea-God of Heaven.

So I just went through and added 3 of each of the easily obtainable monsters worth awakening to my monster list in PadGuide. Since there are limited slots, I could only fit 2 Zeus Dios and I had to leave out Athena. But if I go ahead and include them, I would need an insane 66 Mystic Masks, 57 Rainbow Keepers, and 51 Dub Mythlits, among other things. Not to mention the millions of EXP it's going to cost. I can't even imagine how long this is going to take if I actually go through with it.

Musan

There must be some line, in terms of exp and farming evo materials, where you are better off farming tamadras themselves rather than farming the guys. Like, farming 1.67 million xp to awaken the heartbreakers seems like a lot of work for a minor stat increase.

Also, I got the chance to look at the cumulative exp requirements for 250 and 300 stamina. Pretty much doubles after every 100 ranks, the grind at higher levels looks daunting.

Out of the next events, aka
Goemon, Zeus, Zeus dios, two heroes, satan...
Which is the most approachable with a patched up team (aka a team i'll try to build a and get ready on the fly)?
My main team is a mono red and i Doubt i can tackle these dungeon with my lineup..

Kreed

For the conditionals, I usually bring orb changers and dual element monsters. And for Oceans of Heaven, I do the last dungeon since it's 10 rounds (you just need to be prepared for Neptune's defense).

Out of the next events, aka
Goemon, Zeus, Zeus dios, two heroes, satan...
Which is the most approachable with a patched up team (aka a team i'll try to build a and get ready on the fly)?
My main team is a mono red and i Doubt i can tackle these dungeon with my lineup..

Don't know what monsters you have access to, but Two Heroes is doable with a mono red team as long as it's x4 attack and you have either red orb enhance and/or flame element enhance (you can farm Clash of Clans for a Flame Archer). For Goemon you could do x4 HP on legend with mono red.

Skillup report:
I&I maxed
Parvati to SL6 until I can get more cacti evolved
Venus ECO Tiny maxed, lol

Good event and it's only been four hours. Now that I&I is maxed I have four stacks of crabs with no more purpose, sell them cause I don't want to pump in the EXP to evolve them or attempt to skill max a crab?

Radav

Got a question for you guys. If I wanna max out my Fairlion's skill do you think it's worth farming the CoC dungeon or am I better off waiting for the next time we get poring tower?

razterik

CoC Healer is an uncommon drop, especially the evolved form. Poring is better, I think.

Skill-ups
Yomi 1/7, max with spares for Chaos Venus later
Toytops 3/13, but I have quite a few Shabos waiting for evo
Loki 0/4, never going to finish this one

And JP 85 stone package dropped by 800 yen? Man, I want ten dollars off too...

Boy this game knows how to annoy you lol.

Taking on the Dragon Guardian - Expert dungeon with 30k HP and 2x damage from evolved Artemis.

Still died due to the game just absolutely refusing to give me any heal orbs. So annoying. I had a screen of 60% white orbs, 25% black orbs and another 15% blue orbs. Never seen a game so blatantly attempt to screw you over. That was with multiple rounds of 6-10x combos and throughout the entire process not a single green or health would drop.

Did get a green stone dude, of course no skill up though. AUGH! Why must you work so hard to annoy me P&D.

Got a question for you guys. If I wanna max out my Fairlion's skill do you think it's worth farming the CoC dungeon or am I better off waiting for the next time we get poring tower?

You can also skill them off of Big Shynees that you make with any excess topalits you have. You can get a pile of them when Dungeon of Light is on half stamina as they are not a rare appearance in that dungeon. Especially now that all things normal are on 1.5x for a week.

Top Bottom