• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Colby

So much stuff I want to do today, but the triple-digit penguins in my box are begging for Dragon Plants. I will farm you another time, Hera.

nNMiEql.png

King Carnival tomorrow

yami4ct

I want ROdin so bad. And "Bonia" is hilarious.

Not sure that ogre nuke's enough to bypass Neptune's high defense.

Yep. just realized that. Also realize that none of my Ama friends have enough RCU to cover this team. I could run Droidgon or I could grab a fighter, but in either case I'm still screwed on HP. Anyone got a good Ama they can lend me? If not, guess I'll be waiting until the next round of Heras.

So with the carnival that means we're not getting the dragon plant dungeon that was speculated right?

I'm ok with this. The XP game has moved largely away from Pengdras and more towards Kings and Supers. I'll gladly spend 50 stam for kings instead of XX stam for Techs/Pengdra village + Normal Jeweled dragons + Plant farming.

Heard good things about Bastet. I hope I get her.

Honestly, all of the Egyptians are pretty fantastic...especially with the ultimate. Bastet scales nicely (and ironically the only I don't have), but be happy if you pull any of these guys.

linsivvi

I like how the Super King invades have exactly 7777 hp. Perfect for Ra/Bane.

Not sure how many stones I'll spend on it though, with Trifruit on the same day.

yami4ct

Heard good things about Bastet. I hope I get her.

As a recent Bastet convert from Isis, I can say the hype is justified. She's got a great mix of being able to boost quite a bit at high combos, yet can trigger low so you can still get something on a bad combo situation. She doesn't really get absolutely god-like until her ultimate, but once you get that healer subtype on there, she absolutely dominates.

Totakeke

I'm ok with this. The XP game has moved largely away from Pengdras and more towards Kings and Supers. I'll gladly spend 50 stam for kings instead of XX stam for Techs/Pengdra village + Normal Jeweled dragons + Plant farming.

Yeah I've stopped too... except all the gold dragons! All those carbuncles are making me regret this.

Limit

I've actually gotten back into collecting pengdras for a bit because of doing challenge mode at technicals. And speaking of challenge mode I better see more than 2 Echidnas pop up in my friends list this weekend. My progressed in normal dungeon challenge mode is all but stalled because of lack of availability of Echidnas.

I've actually gotten back into collecting pengdras for a bit because of doing challenge mode at technicals. And speaking of challenge mode I better see more than 2 Echidnas pop up in my friends list this weekend. My progressed in normal dungeon challenge mode is all but stalled because of lack of availability of Echidnas.

Try and do it today then, there are about 10 up.

That King Carnival dungeon looks like pretty efficient stamina if you have the right team to farm it. First thing I thought of was max-skilled Minerva like that one Japanese vid that used her to clear Zaerog. Sure enough UPC posted a Satan team with skilled-up Minerva as the key defense breaker. Makes me really regret not max-skilling her when we had the Gunma dungeon. But I didn't know her lame active was going to be buffed into something actually useful. Hmm ... I'll have to think of something else.

I've actually gotten back into collecting pengdras for a bit because of doing challenge mode at technicals.
I wouldn't necessarily call that collecting Pengdras so much as it's just a side effect of rerunning techs for challenge mode clears. That's how I got a bunch of new Pengdras, too. But other than that, I don't purposely farm for them. I don't even bother with Pengdra Village either. Funny that we're getting that Seed and Plant dungeon though, after a lot of people no longer need them. And at a 50% higher stamina cost to run! I only farm Thurs dungeon for Dragon Fruits now, and it'll get more farm time probably when TAMAbabies arrive.

Nista

Try and do it today then, there are about 10 up.

Yeah, I put mine up to help people with plant farming.

Not sure I should roll on this godfest, I have all the Egyptians but Anubis already.

Then again, my mom is giving me an iTunes card for my bday, and I just got 400 days played... The temptation!

Genji

i think i can now farm hera but i dont have nearly enough dtron friends. (got 2)

I'll put mine up, although she isn't fully awakened, only got 3 on her.

Will only do a yolo roll this godfest, have enough leads and subs, although I'd love a ronia.

Tobe

I should probably switch to Valk/LTron to farm Hera instead of Haku.

if y had high enough hp i would. tho i dont know how i would break neptune. also im missing fairlio and shynee. after that i got all the healer subs including bastet. jeez. leveling up is so ugh, tasking.

I hate trying to get Chasers.

Fire mech - Non-stop legend runs for two weeks (0 invades even on 2x drop), max skilled Fire Mech
Ice Mech - Non-stop Legend runs for two weeks (0 invades even on 2x drop)
Wind Mech (legend)- 0 invades even on 2x drop (getting I&I Kitty invade was more important last week,
Fire Pirate Dragon (Legend)- 0 invades so far (only 1 pirate drop too, no skill up to Shrine Maiden)

Its really frustrating. I can't imagine actually trying to skill up Haku...

(Also, really hope next dragon cycle or Collab we get a skill up monster for Izanagi, Since most of my teams are god exclusive, He could find his way onto teams for his spike)

Hera farming is easy, it's just frustrating due to the skillup rate. Fuck that noise. I mean really, Hera, Hera-Is, and Hades D/D and D/L.
Fixed. I've maxed both Heras and need to do both Hades. Probably not gonna get too many runs in though because I'm actually *gasp* farming for blue slimes today during 1/2 stamina Dungeon of Water. Gotta max-skill dat King Bubblie with all these Kings I got yesterday, and clear out that box space.

I should probably switch to Valk/LTron to farm Hera instead of Haku.
If you have a King Shynee, you really should. It's so efficient. But I'd probably stick with Valk/Valk, because the damage is still sufficient so no need to risk going below 80% health and struggling, imo.

Fixed. I've maxed both Heras and need to do both Hades. Probably not gonna get too many runs in though because I'm actually *gasp* farming for blue slimes today during 1/2 stamina Dungeon of Water. Gotta max-skill dat King Bubblie with all these Kings I got yesterday, and clear out that box space.

If you have a King Shynee, you really should. It's so efficient. But I'd probably stick with Valk/Valk, because the damage is still sufficient so no need to risk going below 80% health and struggling, imo.

How often do you switch between D/D and D/L hades. If not very often, id just keep the evo mat for both on you and evolve and unevolve depending on what you need. Its much better than spending stones to get ~75 heras.which is 3k stamina.

How often do you switch between D/D and D/L hades. If not very often, id just keep the evo mat for both on you and evolve and unevolve depending on what you need. Its much better than spending stones to get ~75 heras.which is 3k stamina.
Honestly, I almost never use either of them. That's just because they aren't max-skilled, though, while my Heras are. And I don't do it because I need to, but just to do it, to have in my collection. That's part of the fun for me. If I got rid of every monster that I rarely/never use, I'd probably clear out at least 200 box space.

daemissary

1 skillup after I don't know how many Heras, I think my Gravity luck has officially ended.

I had awesome luck max skilling my Hera but now I'm trying to max skill my Hera-Is and it is the worst. I haven't been keeping exact track but I'm something like 4 for 30. All during 2x skill up.

The worst part is when you go 0 for 5 on gravity skill ups then feed the one random knight that dropped in your runs and go 1 for 1 on that skill up.

I think what I'm going to do is just round-robin my gravity skill ups. When I think about it, I usually use them in groups, so it makes no sense to have one ready but still have to wait for the others.

Plus, I really don't want to deal with having a max skill and then feeling like I'm starting over on the next monster.

I think what I'm going to do is just round-robin my gravity skill ups. When I think about it, I usually use them in groups, so it makes no sense to have one ready but still have to wait for the others.

Plus, I really don't want to deal with having a max skill and then feeling like I'm starting over on the next monster.

That's kind of what I did (and it's very painful). Since you basically have to stall for your longest skill in most cases, I have Is and D/D Hades both at sk.3. I'm thinking i'll do 2-3 skillups before switching.

So basically a billion Hera runs.

Top Bottom