• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

I think what I'm going to do is just round-robin my gravity skill ups. When I think about it, I usually use them in groups, so it makes no sense to have one ready but still have to wait for the others.

Plus, I really don't want to deal with having a max skill and then feeling like I'm starting over on the next monster.

That's kind of what I did (and it's very painful). Since you basically have to stall for your longest skill in most cases, I have Is and D/D Hades both at sk.3. I'm thinking i'll do 2-3 skillups before switching.

So basically a billion Hera runs.

I'm on my 10th run today with only one stone used so far. Was having the same thought about who to feed first or if I should feed both. DQ Hera has better stats with less RCV than IS but IS fits in better on my Horus team. It's a tough call, I'm probably going to try and level both like you guys are saying.

razterik

Are you trying to skill something up with the Pirate dungeon, or are you trying to get a Chaser?

Have two Chiyomes, trying to max skill at least one. Got a couple chasers already, but I know skilling Suzaku is a distant dream without a quick clear team. Siegfried/Blue Odin is the best I can manage.

Have two Chiyomes, trying to max skill at least one. Got a couple chasers already, but I know skilling Suzaku is a distant dream without a quick clear team. Siegfried/Blue Odin is the best I can manage.
Good luck. I have 2 Chiyomes, too, but the drop rates on both Pirates and Chasers seem so damn bad. Not sure I want to bother. At least it's around for 10 more days.

razterik

Good luck. I have 2 Chiyomes, too, but the drop rates on both Pirates and Chasers seem so damn bad. Not sure I want to bother. At least it's around for 10 more days.

Haha, I know. My rates haven't been terrible, with three each of pirates and chasers in a dozen runs. Got one Chiyome skill up already, so it feels close enough to try. I think my plan is to keep hitting Legend when I see Blue Odins up and then farm expert during 2x. If I get a pirate drop once in six runs, rates will be comparable. I think odds for Chasers showing up in future survey dungeons are pretty good.

Cels

for this upcoming godfest, i kind of want bastet and loki. don't really care too much about the rest though.

i finally made a padherder. http://www.padherder.com/user/cels/monsters, doesn't have any of my materials, of which there are a lot.

right now i run a couple pretty boring SoD luci teams, but they work better than anything i would have atm.

trying to build up a Haku team, but it's slow-going. also recently got a valkyrie.

Speaking of... Does anyone know if the twinlits we're about to get has the real tamadra in it, or the new baby tamadra nonsense?
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's still the full TAMA, since it's on Sunday. TAMAbabies are supposed to be part of the new Friday Twinlits dungeon. Also, the Trifruit dungeon tomorrow has a 33% chance for dropping a TAMA.

razterik

Should still be the regular Tamadra. Baby shows up in the weekly version of the dungeon.

Edit: beat

Huh, Andromeda paired with Siegfried works really well for Legend Red Pirate. Use 3x on trash waves to stall and pick off. King Bubblie and a mostly water board takes the boss. Didn't even manage two rows. Time to level mine up. Should work even better with Blue Odin.

J0dy77

12 more Hera fed, 2 skillups. Was debating using more stones but I can't take anymore suffering today.

Side note: anyone else getting pelted by this east coast storm today? So sick of snow.

pix

So I just rolled an Isis as my starting roll and backed up the data048.bin.

I hear mixed things about her, this will be a non IAP account. Should I just go with her or reroll during godfest?

yami4ct

I hear mixed things about her, this will be a non IAP account. Should I just go with her or reroll during godfest?

With her Ult, she should be able to last you until you naturally pull a top tier god. I'd say keep her. If you get some good Horus or could pull off Ra friends, that could work out well for most content.

Man, I'm 0/3 on Hera runs with my Zombie team. Had the worst luck with first room spawns. First run was worst case scenario of 2x Black Demons. 2nd Run was 1x Knight and 1x Damon. I might have pulled that one off if I focused on the knight instead of the demon, but they ended up synched and killed me. Partly my fault. 3rd round was 2x synched Knights, so no chance again. Man, I thought devils were supposed to be a common spawn for the first room. Oh well, might have one or two rounds left in me tonight.

Pacman2k

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's still the full TAMA, since it's on Sunday. TAMAbabies are supposed to be part of the new Friday Twinlits dungeon. Also, the Trifruit dungeon tomorrow has a 33% chance for dropping a TAMA.

In that case i'll be tama farming my balls off since it seems to be the only way I can ever get them =/

Edit: Put some work in today and farmed up 15 heras - 3 skillups to my DQ. Not mad.

BlueSteel

Farmed 5 Heras, one skill up on Hera-is.

No more stamina for me, and after calculating how much I've spent on this game, definitely not going to waste stones willy nilly anymore.

KuroNeeko

From what I've read, Isis is a solid starter. Her ability is easy to trigger and big enough to be significant. She loses steam during later content, but I imagine that she'll be good to you for a long time.

I'd say keep her. She's easier to use early on and her LS is immediately beneficial. FWIW, I've been trying to get an Isis FOREVER. She's not uber-tier, but I think she's definitely good enough.

12 more Hera fed, 2 skillups. Was debating using more stones but I can't take anymore suffering today.

Side note: anyone else getting pelted by this east coast storm today? So sick of snow.

You guys look to be getting murdered. We set snow records all over the place here in the midwest. I may actually get a snowblower after this year.

Limit

Reroll during godfest for sure. Its right here. As this is an egyptian godfest chances are high you will get a better multiplier monster than her.

Totakeke

Isis is still pretty good all things considered.

Doesn't a W/L physical Isis team sound pretty good? Especially with all the off color typing they've been doing lately.

Giard

My gf got me

2x Super King Gold Dragon
4x King Ruby
2x Tamadras
1x King Metal

in 27 PAL pulls. She's so much luckier than me at this.

I didn't search, but if anyone wanted to know, the valentine event started in Japan. If you want to score the Light Noel Dragon, it should say, "ハッピー バレンタインデー" (happy valentine day).

coy

Decided not to stone Hera runs as I just couldn't commit long bouts of time. Proceeded to go 2/3 on skillups from my runs. Kinda wish this was the true rate on skillup attempts.

tr4656

Finally finished Kirin today. What a fucking pain in the ass.

6axM9OI.png

GAF, do I want D/L Anubis or D/D Anubis? I don't really have many Devil types so I'm assuming D/L?

D/L is fine.

Jagernaut

Is anyone else having problems logging in to the neogaf mobile site on their phone? I do almost all my reading and posting in this thread from my phone and i cant login. I had to post this from my laptop.

Just cleared a bunch of non playing friends off my list. Have 16 slots open. For newcomers or those Gaf buddies that haven't added me my number is 355,743,219. Feel free to add me.

Limit

Finally completed the King of Gods in challenge mode.With a team of Green Odin as a leader, two L/L Zeus, and 3 echidnas, the whole level was auto pilot. It just took for-ever.

Finally finished Kirin today. What a fucking pain in the ass.

6axM9OI.png

The important question is do you have a max skilled Zaerog?

KuroNeeko

Pulled this guy so I'm finally just going to keep going. He's not that great, but he's the right color and I have a soft spot for fruit dragons.

1083.jpg

I'll try to save up enough stones to get a pull or two for tomorrow's GodFest. If it's a bust, then I may restart.

Just starting the game is a chore in itself...

edit: I updated the spreadsheet. If any of you have ChunLi<3&#12460;&#12501; on your friend lists, please erase her as that's the account I lost!

xCobalt

Pulled this guy so I'm finally just going to keep going. He's not that great, but he's the right color and I have a soft spot for fruit dragons.

1083.jpg

I'll try to save up enough stones to get a pull or two for tomorrow's GodFest. If it's a bust, then I may restart.

Just starting the game is a chore in itself...

edit: Hmm, then again, I can get 2X ATK / RCV from Vampire. Still, the extra HP would be nice with Rainbow Keeper and whatnot... :/

That's a pretty good starting roll assuming you can get some lucifer friends. You won't be clearing dungeons as fast but still viable.

Jinko

Why after all this time are Dub-mythlits so hard to farm ?

Even on 2 x they never drop.

I'd gladly trade these Tamadra in for Dub-mythlits,

Zero_IYAD

Really not interested in evolving any dragons, except for this one:

tumblr_n0zajbtsow1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Ran Trifruit dungeon 5 times with:
F/L Horus, Hera-Is, Green Odin, L/L Zeus, Queen Hera & a friend's Horus or Bastet

If you can stall enough to charge your skills in the Tamadra round, congrats you win.
But it's really hard, so 4 out of the 5 runs I did costed me a stone on the final round.
Oh well, got my 2 green plants & an extra 3 red ones. Not going back there till we get something worth evolving with these things.

Top Bottom