• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

You guys look to be getting murdered. We set snow records all over the place here in the midwest. I may actually get a snowblower after this year.

Bought a snow blower the day of the Super Bowl (2 weeks ago). I've used it 5 times already. I've never seen a winter like this, it's crazy how much snow we've gotten.

I'm not even sure I will run King Carnival.

Group E 8pm PST (10pm for me) on Valentines day. thanks Gungho. right in the middle of dinner for west coast, and just a terrible time for everyone else.

Matter of fact every group except B seems terrible given the "night out" nature of the holiday (in the US at least). Gets a little better for West Coast and Mountain time (Groups A and maybe C improve in those timezones) but not by much.

Team build options-

Luci/Luci with a Shiva to Break def -
Or Super Metals Def Break team Red - Freyr/Ares with Shiva, Goemon, Homura, Echidna

Flambe

pal machine has been generous..
50 rolls
2x super gold king
1x gold king
4x red king
2x metal king
8x tamadra

:X

You bastard lol.

Why after all this time are Dub-mythlits so hard to farm ?

Even on 2 x they never drop.

Yup, this will be my fifth friday in a row trying to get some, haven't even obtained ONE in that time. Even running the dungeon on non 2x days just for the off chance because I have so many bloody monsters needing to evolve.

Also there's probably no way I'll be able to do king dragon dungeon. On-call starting around noonish so hey maybe if I don't get a call in 10 hours (ahahaha.. no) >.<

so what team is everyone running for the King Carnival? Actually seems doable with 2-autohealers + high hp subs (Ra, Shiva, poison, etc)
Yeah. I'll probably go with Ama/Ama for a super safe clear for the stone. Will sub Ra, Bane, Neptune, Neptune. Not gonna bother farming it this time, though. Don't need the exp, and other things have higher priority today.

J0dy77

Anyone know what this game is ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjhoGmtKJNU

I've seen a few PAD rip offs but this is the first I've seen with comparable art style.

That's Tower of Saviors. That was the one PAD clone that I actually played for a little while. I stopped because they sold the US version to someone else, renamed the game and I lost my account when transfer didn't synch. I forget what the new version is called.

They have some cool mechanics and features that I still wish PAD would implement.

Edit: Lol at simultaneous cosmos post.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Trifruit is an odd dungeon. I've only gone in once, but the reduced orb timer destroyed me. It was very unclear how much it reduced your time. 60 stamina wasted. It's obvious that GungHo is increasing the stamina for more necessary dungeons to stone bait at this point.

Nista

Trifruit is an odd dungeon. I've only gone in once, but the reduced orb timer destroyed me. It was very unclear how much it reduced your time. 60 stamina wasted. It's obvious that GungHo is increasing the stamina for more necessary dungeons to stone bait at this point.

Not sure I could pull off a horus team with a reduced orb timer. Think it's best to keep my 60 sta on the table for king carnival later.

Since I'm the one cooking vday dinner, I can stop at 8pm and do as many king runs as I want. Any of you guys have maxed out amas we could use later tonight for E slot, would be much appreciated. :) My Ra squad is ready!

razterik

Dungeons like Trifruits make me want to quit playing. Took five runs to make it through with Satan. Getting orb trolled right away by not having enough orbs or not having them close enough to match in time is even more bullshit than Twinlits.

Mmmmm
Challenge accpeted!
I'll try to run a spike team and 60 stamina be damned!
Either i win big or i loose big!

Hope that's not too big the time reduction, else i'll have to jot down a path for closest 4 combo instead of waiting a turn for a gargatuan 9-10 combo that won't happening due to time constraint....

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Mmmmm
Challenge accpeted!
I'll try to run a spike team and 60 stamina be damned!
Either i win big or i loose big!

Hope that's not too big the time reduction, else i'll have to jot down a path for closest 4 combo instead of waiting a turn for a gargatuan 9-10 combo that won't happening due to time constraint....

My Ronia team can handle it, but trying to match orbs in that time frame to clear? It's crazy. I could field a Bastet/Bastet + Bastet/Bastet/Bastet/??? and get lots of orb timer increase! Haha

saichi

1 for 1 on Hera skill up yesterday. I won't have skill up on anyone else for a while.

Hooray for King Carnival today.... wait... it's at 1am? WHAT THE....

Not sure I could pull off a horus team with a reduced orb timer. Think it's best to keep my 60 sta on the table for king carnival later.
You would definitely need dual F/L Horus for their orb timer extension awakenings to even stand a chance. IMO, it would be impossible otherwise. I barely have enough time to make a complete enhanced row. Never mind trying to make at least 4 combos of different colors. Anyway, I'm having some success with the Satan team listed on PADX. But it's vulnerable to getting orb trolled or having them too far apart on the board to match rows in time. Skill Boosts would greatly help to have Vamp active sooner, but not sure who'd make a viable sub to get them. Interestingly, this team is at risk of dying to TAMADRA if it keeps your monsters bound long enough, due to lack of healing. I got down to around 3000HP before I could kill it one time. That's not that close to dying, but it took a loooong time to get there. That would suck to be TAMA-chipped to death.

Satan/Satan seems to be the popular choice right now. I wonder if there's a more consistent team. I haven't really mulled it over myself, yet.

Oh, and just to share, went 2/20 on D/L Hades skill-ups yesterday. Yay for 2x skill-ups!

Jinko

That's Tower of Saviors. That was the one PAD clone that I actually played for a little while. I stopped because they sold the US version to someone else, renamed the game and I lost my account when transfer didn't synch. I forget what the new version is called.

They have some cool mechanics and features that I still wish PAD would implement.

Edit: Lol at simultaneous cosmos post.

Cool, gave a quick try and it seems pretty good (although lacks the charm of PAD), love the way they handle Skill ups and the levelling UI is much clearer to understand.

Just goes to show how badly PAD is in need of being updated.

razterik

FA Lucifer with two skill boosts is best bet for Satan outside taking Ronia. Tried this while using Hanzo and teaming Satan/Ronia for first turn orb change, but the reduced multiplier and non-devil sub made my damage output too low. Switched back to Satan/Satan and dropped Hanzo for Ur. Short of stomping through with Ronia/Ronia team, this dungeon is worthless.

FA Lucifer with two skill boosts is best bet for Satan outside taking Ronia. Tried this while using Hanzo and teaming Satan/Ronia for first turn orb change, but the reduced multiplier and non-devil sub made my damage output too low. Switched back to Satan/Satan and dropped Hanzo for Ur. Short of stomping through with Ronia/Ronia team, this dungeon is worthless.
So Ronia/Ronia is looking like the best team for Trifruits? I don't see any suggested Ronia teams on PADX. I have Ronia and plan to immediately dump 5 TAMAs onto her, but she's not even evolved yet. Gonna have to wait until tomorrow's Super Rubies to level her. But if she makes Trifruits easy to farm, then I'll go ahead and dump some Super Sapphires into her today.

Limit

Cool, gave a quick try and it seems pretty good (although lacks the charm of PAD), love the way they handle Skill ups and the levelling UI is much clearer to understand.

Just goes to show how badly PAD is in need of being updated.

I really enjoyed my time with it. Had to stop playing after a while because Tower of saviors also has its own version of daily and hourly dungeons along with descended monsters. I was starting to burn out on both PAD and saviors. If saviors had a community here then I might have dropped PAD. But it didn't so it had to go.

J0dy77

For King Carnival is there anything I need to look out for? Or will my standard Super Metals teams be sufficient? Was just going to bring a 4x HP team and some poison.

Jinko

For King Carnival is there anything I need to look out for? Or will my standard Super Metals teams be sufficient? Was just going to bring a 4x HP team and some poison.

This is my plan, except defense break instead of poison.

Looks like the same as a normal super dungeon.

I'd aim for defense break if you can. Otherwise you need to poison every floor. Plan is 2xLucy + Shiva and just stall then sweep.

The kings have higher stats than they usually do but generally speaking there's nothing too unusual about it.

bodine1231

I'm just rolling with my Valk or Dark team with a droid dragon. Valk would go much faster but less safe because of low HP. Dark team with 50k HP can handle and early invade but slower at killing.

Pacman2k

The lazy supers team I usually roll with:

2x Lucifer
2x max skilled lillith
1x neptune
1x grodin (skill boosts, why not)

touch a few orbs manually until the poisons are up and then breeze through the rest.

round one invade is annoying but you're looking at an 8 turn charge up for lillith which is easy enough.

Anyone have any arguments for Chaos or Cosmos Venus? I'm about to reverse evo one of them to feed 3 Love Deity Venus then re-evo back to ultimate form. Not sure which one to do, though.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I'm not even sure I will run King Carnival.

Group E 8pm PST (10pm for me) on Valentines day. thanks Gungho. right in the middle of dinner for west coast, and just a terrible time for everyone else.

Matter of fact every group except B seems terrible given the "night out" nature of the holiday (in the US at least). Gets a little better for West Coast and Mountain time (Groups A and maybe C improve in those timezones) but not by much.

Team build options-

Luci/Luci with a Shiva to Break def -
Or Super Metals Def Break team Red - Freyr/Ares with Shiva, Goemon, Homura, Echidna
Getting in the dungeon, quit, fire up PAD later.

chrono01

Unfortunately I don't have a team ready for Super Kings [since I lack AA Lucifer and the other mentioned Leaders]. I basically use a Resist/Healing team along with AB Blue Birds for the Super Kings when they appear, so I won't be able to choose a Leader that can resist them all [there's no telling which will appear]. :/

I'll just use the Stamina for the day running the Friday dungeon and not having any Dub Mythlits drop.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I ran Batman - Bane - Lillith - Echidna - Rainbow Keeper - Shiva to take down the King Carnival with ease. Fortunately (and unfortunately), there were no Supers to make my team feel like scrubs.

I was going to roll through with my usual Valk team, but no one is running Valk right now, for some reason.

I ended up using Horus, and it was a joke.

Unfortunately I don't have a team ready for Super Kings [since I lack AA Lucifer and the other mentioned Leaders]. I basically use a Resist/Healing team along with AB Blue Birds for the Super Kings when they appear, so I won't be able to choose a Leader that can resist them all [there's no telling which will appear]. :/

I'll just use the Stamina for the day running the Friday dungeon and not having any Dub Mythlits drop.
Bro if you can activate kirin you can do it..
I run super king and i just fan carnival with

95 kirin//80 kirin (yours actually)
Max level max skill valk
Max level max skill sieg
70echidna skill4
89 cuculainn skill4

Didn't even bother activating skills, steamrolled every floor

I was going to roll through with my usual Valk team, but no one is running Valk right now, for some reason.

I ended up using Horus, and it was a joke.
I was also surprised when I switched to my Valk team to do some normal dungeon runs for fodder, my friends list wasn't full of Valks like it usually is. But it makes sense since there are 3 different special dungeons running today plus the King carnival. 2 of those are completely new dungeons. You'd figure a lot of players are farming at least one of those, none of which are usually run with a Valk team. I'm seeing a bunch of people running Satan for Trifruits and D/D Batman for Draggie in particular.

Marvelous

This game is kicking my butt and frustrating me again. Not even gonna play again until the Godfest and see what type of monsters I can get, lol.

Totakeke

The only real risk at the King Carnival should be a first turn super king invade that hits you for 6k per turn and especially if you're relying on armor breaking.

Jinko

Welp my 4x hp team is taking forever, I should have brought 2 defenee breakers lol, these things have way too much hp.

Edit- yup should be called troll festival, would rather have had a standard super dungeon

Just realised kuromi's def break carries over on a sweep, d'oh, I thought that only worked with shiva lol.

Ended up running thanatos/batman, lilith, kuromi, vampire and chaos dark knight.

Top Bottom