• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

Looking for a DQ Hera for a tri-fruit run if someone can put one up.

I'm trying to figure out the tough part of the dungeon. It looks like Horus could destroy first couple rounds but needs mass attack for round 5.

pix

If someone doesnt mind, can they put up a Siren so I can zombie the Friday dungeon? I am level 25 and want to try to get Dubs for my Isis team!

FC is 340,491,296

J0dy77

Unfortunately I don't have a team ready for Super Kings [since I lack AA Lucifer and the other mentioned Leaders]. I basically use a Resist/Healing team along with AB Blue Birds for the Super Kings when they appear, so I won't be able to choose a Leader that can resist them all [there's no telling which will appear]. :/

I'll just use the Stamina for the day running the Friday dungeon and not having any Dub Mythlits drop.

Super kings can be beaten by pretty basic teams. Do you have any 2x HP/RCV mobs? Even the Noel dragons are sufficient. Match with another friend and bring any poison. Dungeon over.

Totakeke

Bleh, the pirate dungeon is terrible in terms of risk/reward. If the rest of the pirate dungeons are the same then the ninjas won't see any real use.

Bleh, the pirate dungeon is terrible in terms of risk/reward. If the rest of the pirate dungeons are the same then the ninjas won't see any real use.

Yeah they're the same :(

edit: I mean the types of bullshit they pull on you are different but they're all common in having very few floors and bosses that can hit hard and fast.

Nista

Satan/Satan seems to be the popular choice right now. I wonder if there's a more consistent team. I haven't really mulled it over myself, yet.

Oh, and just to share, went 2/20 on D/L Hades skill-ups yesterday. Yay for 2x skill-ups!

Heh that is why I can't con myself into doing Hera farming. You guys are a good influence! :)

It seems like from the FB group Dual Bastets or Satan/Ronia teams are the most popular. I have a Satan, but he's not leveled up nor are any of the subs, since I don't have a Dtron team. Eh well, I'll have to farm my Tamas this weekend and hope for the best. :)

Oh if anyone has a Raphael, I'd use you for the King Bashing Ra party tonight.

chrono01

Bro if you can activate kirin you can do it..
I run super king and i just fan carnival with

95 kirin//80 kirin (yours actually)
Max level max skill valk
Max level max skill sieg
70echidna skill4
89 cuculainn skill4

Didn't even bother activating skills, steamrolled every floor
If I had a better Kirin team, I'd attempt it. However, I still don't have Valk yet, and my Sieg and Chu are still in their earlier evolutions [they are decently skilled-up], although I'm working on the XP/materials to level up/evolve them. :(

Super kings can be beaten by pretty basic teams. Do you have any 2x HP/RCV mobs? Even the Noel dragons are sufficient. Match with another friend and bring any poison. Dungeon over.
I do have a Noel dragon, although I haven't leveled it yet. I've been focusing the majority of my XP on the monsters for my Kirin team, although the Dark XP has been spread out among my other Dark monsters [such as Hades, Vampire, Drawn Joker, etc.].

It's just unfortunate that Canada got this game so much later than the US, I feel behind in all of it. I will catch up, though! Thanks for the suggestion, by the way. I'll have to look and see if I have any more HP/RCV x2 monsters and level them up in my spare-time.

I just don't want to risk 50 Stamina, especially considering I only have 71 to begin with. I guess I'll wait until this comes around again. By then my monsters should be more able to handle the place, with my HP and other stats in a more...comfortable area.

razterik

Still waiting for my king carnival runs. So late, I hope I can stay awake.

Maxed Apollo with 30 cyclops. Had a good bunch left over, mostly unevo. Spent today gathering materials for them and got no skill ups on second Apollo. Also went 0/25 on Hera and 0/15 on assorted King slimes. Bad feels.

Paltros

So, I started playing this a little more than 2 months ago, and I feel like I'm just floundering about right now. I'm about to reach the Caste of Satan in Technical and I'm already struggling with some of the stages.

padGAF, can you look into my PADherder and give me advice on what monsters I should be focusing right now? or what kind of team could I put together from this?

http://www.padherder.com/user/Daltrus/monsters/

I normally run D/D Batman lead, 2 Rainbow Keepers, 2 Dub-mythlits and a dark helper.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
More trifruit trolling. That dungeon is stupid. Any lead that's worth using gets bound in round 3 (no bind resist either). Assuming you get there. Round 1 is so reliant on a board that doesn't suck. Round 2 is a combination of board and timer trolling.

What is up with this trend? If they keep releasing dungeons like this, I'm going to lose interest in PAD...

Totakeke

So, I started playing this a little more than 2 months ago, and I feel like I'm just floundering about right now. I'm about to reach the Caste of Satan in Technical and I'm already struggling with some of the stages.

padGAF, can you look into my PADherder and give me advice on what monsters I should be focusing right now? or what kind of team could I put together from this?

http://www.padherder.com/user/Daltrus/monsters/

I normally run D/D Batman lead, 2 Rainbow Keepers, 2 Dub-mythlits and a dark helper.

Yeah your best lead is obviously Karin. You also have Gabriel that can help you clear some descends. You do have something going there with both Kuromi and Yomi too. Fully awaken them both and use them with Karin and you have 1.5secs extra to combo. You have green covered with Artemis. Vamp/Batman/Aurora Dragon/Puzzdroid/Midgard can all be subs too.

Ashodin

More trifruit trolling. That dungeon is stupid. Any lead that's worth using gets bound in round 3 (no bind resist either). Assuming you get there. Round 1 is so reliant on a board that doesn't suck. Round 2 is a combination of board and timer trolling.

What is up with this trend? If they keep releasing dungeons like this, I'm going to lose interest in PAD...

I'm super disinterested in that dungeon. It is pure and simple stone bait.

Come play Quiz RPG! It makes you SMARTER

ccbfan

How was everyones luck with king carnival?

Mine was pretty bad, supers were rare as he'll and even when they appeared it was only a 50 chance drop.

I had 1 drop out of 4 runs. (only 1 appearance)

Not really sure if this is better than super king or not. The total avg exp is like 30 to 50K higher but you cant concentrate on a color like supers.
Also the level is much tougher. The party I ran would have lost if I ever encountered a super first round which both good and bad is super rare.

Jinko

I'm super disinterested in that dungeon. It is pure and simple stone bait.

This does seem to be the trend with this company, its almost as if the millions they are making isnt enough.

I am hoping one day they will wise up about the whole skill up thing but it seems all they are interested in is riding their playerbase as hard as they can to spend more stones.

linsivvi

So much xp!

Mine was pretty bad, supers were rare as he'll and even when they appeared it was only a 50 chance drop.

Not really sure if this is better than super king or not. The total avg exp is like 30 to 50K higher but you cant concentrate on a color like supers.
Also the level is much tougher. The party I ran would have lost if I ever encountered a super first round which both good and bad is super rare.

I just use any standard spike team. Horus, Kirin, etc kills it. In the end I ran out of spike leader friends and had to use Horus/Haku and Kirin/Valk, still works with a long enough combo.

razterik

King Carnival is extremely easy with Horus/Horus. Broke out my highest attack subs and crushed right through.

The super rate is fairly bad, only got 2 of the 3 I saw in my 11 runs. Would've gone back for more, but had to stop every few runs and use 25 stamina in expert Sprites. Still happy with the results and hope we see this back more often. Beats picking up a bunch of highs from Super runs by far.

KuroNeeko

Pulled this guy so I'm finally just going to keep going. He's not that great, but he's the right color and I have a soft spot for fruit dragons.

1083.jpg

I'll try to save up enough stones to get a pull or two for tomorrow's GodFest. If it's a bust, then I may restart.

Just starting the game is a chore in itself...

edit: I updated the spreadsheet. If any of you have ChunLi<3&#12460;&#12501; on your friend lists, please erase her as that's the account I lost!

ARGH!

Saved up enough gems for 2 pulls on today's Chinese / Norse / Japanese (old) godfest.

My pulls...

&#12454;&#12523;&#12539;&#12461;&#12510;&#12452;&#12521;
Dino Rider

Guess I'll be restarting after all - unless you know something I don't? :/ If I hurry, maybe I can get another two pulls during the Godfest along with a strong starter.

Sorry to you guys who added me as a friend already. :/

razterik

Anybody around to throw up a max Siegfried for a sec? Want to test a Red Pirate run.

Edit: Never mind, got one.

Also, 2 JP rolls. Highlander. And Cu Chulainn. Ick.

yami4ct

Wasn't going to pull on the JP Godfest, but then I realized Chinese gods were in there not just Japanese and Greek, so I used the two pulls I saved up. First pull was the worst kind of troll, Marine Rider. It's so awful to see a gold egg pop out only for it to be one of those riders. Second pick was much better, though. A + egg GrOdin. Super stoked to finally have him on one of my accounts. Opens up some good possibilities for running resist teams on the easy descends like Hera and finally gives me a good Green monster I can replace the Dub-Emelit I've been running on my Kirin team. Hope this didn't eat up all my luck for the American Godfest. Really need could use some of the Godfest exclusive gods on my main account.

PADgaf, I wanted a little bit of advice but it's on Godfest rolling. As a non-IAP player, which godfests are the best bang for my buck? My box right now. Firstly, I originally was going for a blue team with my starter as the lead till I got something better, since I decided to tough it out instead of rerolling (First pull as a mermaid, second pull of the account was a mermaid) after learning more about the game. After the player's godfest happened and dropped a ton of stuff that wasn't from the list, instead 5 fire monsters from the fire carnival, I switched gears and made a fire team. So far, it's been alright and has allowed me to clear most stuff without too much of a problem once I got the dub mythlit for Ares.

Now, I know this team won't hold me forever, so which godfests should I focus on to ensure my poverty stones are well spent? I have 15 saved up right now and my box space is lookin' good at 300 spaces, so I don't need to worry about expanding that anytime soon. Would it be better to hold off for another godfest down the road with more stones? Or blow my three rolls in hopes of something once today's starts?

PADgaf, I wanted a little bit of advice but it's on Godfest rolling. As a non-IAP player, which godfests are the best bang for my buck? My box right now. Firstly, I originally was going for a blue team with my starter as the lead till I got something better, since I decided to tough it out instead of rerolling (First pull as a mermaid, second pull of the account was a mermaid) after learning more about the game. After the player's godfest happened and dropped a ton of stuff that wasn't from the list, instead 5 fire monsters from the fire carnival, I switched gears and made a fire team. So far, it's been alright and has allowed me to clear most stuff without too much of a problem once I got the dub mythlit for Ares.

Now, I know this team won't hold me forever, so which godfests should I focus on to ensure my poverty stones are well spent? I have 15 saved up right now and my box space is lookin' good at 300 spaces, so I don't need to worry about expanding that anytime soon. Would it be better to hold off for another godfest down the road with more stones? Or blow my three rolls in hopes of something once today's starts?

so...
your account has a STRONG monored..
ares, echidna, pkh, gigas..
last slot would most likely be goemon/heraur/horus(withrcv)/shiva//freyr (i don't consider him much because monored usually run freyr friend or lead depending on ares lead or friend)
in that order...
you *might* go for the roll in the godfest since it has
freyr --> nice fourth sub for you :)
horus --> nice fourth sub for you AND a great spike lead
bastet --> great spike lead without any major constraint
isis --> decent spike lead
ra//anubis for you advanced spike team!
if you snatch a ltron you have a NICE setup for healer team having echidna, siren and dj already in place :)

imho my advice...

1) level your monored a tiiny bit (ares to say 50, pkh to 40, gigas to 40)
2) way for two heroes--> profit --> you get sieg and cu base form and they are two STRONG sub or two mid game lead
3) while you do point1, try to build a resist team..
evolve your devil dragon to CDD and take him to say 30
fetch a keeper of rainbow and bam your good to go!

cdd
keeper of rainbow
echidna
siren (yours is max skill so it's good to go)
defense break (droidgon)
friend green odin

this team will fetch you an hera at a 0-6 stone cost depending on your skill..
in my book 6 stone for a guaranteeed gravity sub with decent stats is a steal!

4) take the same team as above but use drawn joker lead and instead of defense break a poison would be better, but we can make do with defense break..
this one will be your hera-is descended team..
most likely will cost you 4 stone but it's fine

after you get both hera and herais you can tackle a lot more stuff :p

Totakeke

You're missing spike leads so either Egyptian, Chinese, or new Japanese. Definitely roll in this one.

Looks like the dragon plant urgent dungeon is actually coming tomorrow.

Rahk

5 rolls in the JP godfest.

Astaroth
Sylph
Toytops (My second one, ugh)
Dark Golem Mk.II
Basilisk

Seems I've been foiled by the wood carnival.

I guess Astaroth will be somewhat useful later when I can get some Heras.

so...
your account has a STRONG monored..
ares, echidna, pkh, gigas..
last slot would most likely be goemon/heraur/horus(withrcv)/shiva//freyr (i don't consider him much because monored usually run freyr friend or lead depending on ares lead or friend)
in that order...
you *might* go for the roll in the godfest since it has
freyr --> nice fourth sub for you :)
horus --> nice fourth sub for you AND a great spike lead
bastet --> great spike lead without any major constraint
isis --> decent spike lead
ra//anubis for you advanced spike team!
if you snatch a ltron you have a NICE setup for healer team having echidna, siren and dj already in place :)

imho my advice...

1) level your monored a tiiny bit (ares to say 50, pkh to 40, gigas to 40)
2) way for two heroes--> profit --> you get sieg and cu base form and they are two STRONG sub or two mid game lead
3) while you do point1, try to build a resist team..
evolve your devil dragon to CDD and take him to say 30
fetch a keeper of rainbow and bam your good to go!

cdd
keeper of rainbow
echidna
siren (yours is max skill so it's good to go)
defense break (droidgon)
friend green odin

this team will fetch you an hera at a 0-6 stone cost depending on your skill..
in my book 6 stone for a guaranteeed gravity sub with decent stats is a steal!

4) take the same team as above but use drawn joker lead and instead of defense break a poison would be better, but we can make do with defense break..
this one will be your hera-is descended team..
most likely will cost you 4 stone but it's fine

after you get both hera and herais you can tackle a lot more stuff :p

Gotta say, was not expecting an outline on future team builds and descent plans but that sure clears up any questions I would have had a few months down the line. Hell, saved me some time of thinking about plans and looking up more info on them so thanks for the input. I was working on the devil dragon till I wanted to level drawn joker for my red team to give it more healing, since I found myself getting stuck with a lot of light orbs falling from the sky but no way to use them, so I figured some extra healing in case shit hits the fan or to help with Ares' active skill and pump more fire orbs into the field. I was gonna work on Gigas once I felt my Red team was in a good position to start doing a few of the starting descents, freeing up any of the pengdras or ruby kings I'd get over the weeks.

For point four, I tried for weeks to get the other healers, mostly Lilith, but I was unable to ever get my hands on one so I just decided it was time to move on and level my team so I could tackle the tougher dungeons and have a crack at her there. I'm happy I did, I jumped 30 ranks thanks to the Hello Kitty dungeon and pushed a lot of my other monsters into their final evolutions thanks to all the slimes.

You're missing spike leads so either Egyptian, Chinese, or new Japanese. Definitely roll in this one.

Looks like the dragon plant urgent dungeon is actually coming tomorrow.

I'll put on my best rain dancing shoes and hope for some good spike leaders. Got a feeling Anubis will be the pull.

@tiltnkirby
that's the norm.. we all passed from the "dunno what to do next" and other padgaffer helped me when i was in your shoes so it's only fair i do the same :)

anubis aka #onetruegod# is godly if you have serious puzzling skill, i'd love to get one.. buuuut.. it's activation rate is quite difficult if you're new to the game :)

monored is a tricky pony..
there are plenty of stuff it CAN'T do, but is a solid and cheap team to do some low stuff (say goemon 1-2 stone, hera ur 2-3 stone, etc) if you are decent at comboing..
sure, as soon as you can get something better because there are plenty better team setup

J0dy77

5 rolls in the JP godfest.

Astaroth
Sylph
Toytops (My second one, ugh)
Dark Golem Mk.II
Basilisk

Seems I've been foiled by the wood carnival.

I guess Astaroth will be somewhat useful later when I can get some Heras.

Had two rolls. Got one of the most useless mobs I've ever seen in UR-Chimera. Then Haku, extremely satisfied. Perfect timing with the survey dungeon going.

My JP is getting strong with Kirin almost maxed, mei mei, Haku, D/L batman, Parvati and a few others. Have to get my team coast up.

Limit

Cleared Dragon rush legend with a l/l Ra team and master with Ra and a f/l Horus team. Easy-peasy. No dragons dropped though.

Hige

I thought I would check this game out after playing Pictlogica Final Fantasy (PAD clone, apparently) for the past month, but I have some questions. I had to reroll on Pictlogica after realizing I screwed myself over with the limited currency and not rerolling for a good character, so I wanted to avoid some early mistakes here.

I've read the OP and some other sites, and I was thinking of trying for Horus as my starter because of the godfest going on. Should I stick with that or would something else be better? Also, can the colored orb next to your name be changed? Dumb question, but I hate permanent aesthetic decisions. :p Are there any other major things in the beginning I should avoid messing up?

I had 1 super in 2 runs, but I can't complain when you consider acquiring Kings via normal or Super at probably a worse rate.

The dungeon is really easy, just run a Spike or a 4x HP/RCV team with a defense break + heart maker.

Even if you get a first level invade, healing 6k a turn should be cake. And you can always bring a Ra/Bane/Poison to charge quicker to wipe the Super on round 1.

Limit

I thought I would check this game out after playing Pictlogica Final Fantasy (PAD clone, apparently) for the past month, but I have some questions. I had to reroll on Pictlogica after realizing I screwed myself over with the limited currency and not rerolling for a good character, so I wanted to avoid some early mistakes here.

I've read the OP and some other sites, and I was thinking of trying for Horus as my starter because of the godfest going on. Should I stick with that or would something else be better? Also, can the colored orb next to your name be changed? Dumb question, but I hate permanent aesthetic decisions. :p Are there any other major things in the beginning I should avoid messing up?

Horus is great. And I wouldn't throw away Ra if I were to get one in tonight's godfest. Feel free to ask here if you are unsure about any monster that you will be acquiring in tonight's godfest. Colored orbs next to your name cannot be changed. You will be stuck with whichever color the game randomly assigns you on a particular account.

The only major mistake people make is rolling for a monster outside of godfests. But as you are already aware of what a godfest is you are ahead of the curve.

Totakeke

Aiming for one specific god is quite difficult even during godfests.

J0dy77

Has anyone run the dragon rush yet? What's the consensus? I have all the dragons and it seems like a lot of work for 1 stone clear.

Tobe

Gonna try master with dtron hope I can just kill it. I really need a samurai dragon (dark one actually).

I'm starting to get annoyed at the fact that even with having the complete dtron team and necessary subs(well except ares, jeez I even got d/l Anubis already) the amount of tamas needed for the stupid damage is amazing.
6 between the riders (gryps and Arthur) another 3 for Hanzo and 1 last for my dtron. Thankfully yomi is max awoken. That's the basic team. D/L Anubis only has bind resistance and 0.5 move increase tho that would be 1.5 extra second along with yomi.

ido

I main Lucifer...

just got a Pierdra. Is that a good fit for a Lucifer team? Seems like once evolved itll be nice to replace Siren.

Totakeke

How do you guys farm OOH with valk teams without risk of dying? Maybe it's because I only have 9k hp I can't really stall the middle turns.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How do you guys farm OOH with valk teams without risk of dying? Maybe it's because I only have 9k hp I can't really stall the middle turns.

What are you running? My Valk team is Valk/Valk + Echidna/Shynee/Bastet/Fairlio. You have the option of subbing in a high HP non-healer in place of Bastet or Fairlio if you're that at risk. But really, a strong Valk team has no risk of death. Floor 9 can either Bastet + one shot, or Echidna to take them down. Neptune is just Shynee ftw.

I main Lucifer...

just got a Pierdra. Is that a good fit for a Lucifer team? Seems like once evolved itll be nice to replace Siren.

Max leveled/max skilled DJ is a great Lucifer sub.

Totakeke

What are you running? My Valk team is Valk/Valk + Echidna/Shynee/Bastet/Fairlio. You have the option of subbing in a high HP non-healer in place of Bastet or Fairlio if you're that at risk. But really, a strong Valk team has no risk of death. Floor 9 can either Bastet + one shot, or Echidna to take them down. Neptune is just Shynee ftw.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...1.0.0.0.0..201.46.1.0.0.0.0..694.99.1.0.0.0.0..

Yeah I guess I'm just going too fast through floors 1-8, or maybe I should just use angelion + valk at floor 9. My echidna and king shynee aren't skilled at all.

Top Bottom