• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...1.0.0.0.0..201.46.1.0.0.0.0..694.99.1.0.0.0.0..

Yeah I guess I'm just going too fast through floors 1-8, or maybe I should just use angelion + valk at floor 9. My echidna and king shynee aren't skilled at all.

The trick with your team is to take planned hits. You can take a single hit from every enemy except Neptune. You can take synced timer hits from a few enemies. So knowing that limit is really all you need to deal with. Since you're team has no blue or dark orbs, don't be afraid to make dead matches like that to charge skills.

It's a balancing act that you learn. Red Pirate Dungeon is like that for me and my Ronia team. I'm at the point where I get through Legend in about 5 minutes. I know which enemies I can take a hit from, how many hits I can take, and when to do a complete board sweep to clear up "dangerous" orbs and when to match 3 over and over. I guess that's part of the fun of learning how to farm with a team!

How would I ever max skill this bitch??

They ran a special dungeon called Jester Dragon a while back. That was how we all did it. Hopefully it comes around again one day.

Has anyone run the dragon rush yet? What's the consensus? I have all the dragons and it seems like a lot of work for 1 stone clear.

Really depends on what dragons you get I guess, but I just cleared it with a regular Haku team.

Got the dark dragon on my first round, he's on a 3 turn timer so I could charge all skills without any problems, which made the rest of it really easy as well.

The trick with your team is to take planned hits. You can take a single hit from every enemy except Neptune. You can take synced timer hits from a few enemies. So knowing that limit is really all you need to deal with. Since you're team has no blue or dark orbs, don't be afraid to make dead matches like that to charge skills.

It's a balancing act that you learn. Red Pirate Dungeon is like that for me and my Ronia team. I'm at the point where I get through Legend in about 5 minutes. I know which enemies I can take a hit from, how many hits I can take, and when to do a complete board sweep to clear up "dangerous" orbs and when to match 3 over and over. I guess that's part of the fun of learning how to farm with a team!

They ran a special dungeon called Jester Dragon a while back. That was how we all did it. Hopefully it comes around again one day.
Actually i hav yet to max skill mine Q_Q

Just ran through all Dragon Rush dungeons with my standard Valk team

Valk
Angelion
Angelcinnamon
Valkitty
Shynee
Valk

Just failed a Trifruit run. I accidentally broke TAMA's defense on the first attack and didn't get to stall.

Totakeke

Just for the record, I've run the pirate dungeon on expert 20 times now and I've only seen the red pirate once and no flame chasers.

Hige

Horus is great. And I wouldn't throw away Ra if I were to get one in tonight's godfest. Feel free to ask here if you are unsure about any monster that you will be acquiring in tonight's godfest. Colored orbs next to your name cannot be changed. You will be stuck with whichever color the game randomly assigns you on a particular account.

The only major mistake people make is rolling for a monster outside of godfests. But as you are already aware of what a godfest is you are ahead of the curve.
Alright, thanks! I'll cross my fingers and see what I can get. Will keep an eye out for Ra too.

Aiming for one specific god is quite difficult even during godfests.
Given the time limit, I can imagine. But hopefully my determination means something lol. I rerolled 444 painful times to get Auron in Pictlogica, after seeing almost every other premium character pop up. So I'll just give it a shot.

Tobe

1 stone master dragon rush. I can no stone easy but got trolled with orbs at the end. Man I'm in need of some dtron friends. Anybody knows where I can find specific friends? Fb? Padx?

Paltros

Yeah your best lead is obviously Karin. You also have Gabriel that can help you clear some descends. You do have something going there with both Kuromi and Yomi too. Fully awaken them both and use them with Karin and you have 1.5secs extra to combo. You have green covered with Artemis. Vamp/Batman/Aurora Dragon/Puzzdroid/Midgard can all be subs too.
Thanks! Although with a total team cost at 64 I can't put many high tiers into a team with Karin yet.

I'll admit I've been avoiding combo leads, I'm still not very good at combo-ing. I can somewhat reliably get 3 combo each turn, maybe 4 if there are a lot of orbs in L position so I can just run through them fast and if my orb doesn't get 'trapped' in a corner of the board afterwards. Anything more than that depends on what orbs drop after I let go. I end up feeling more safe stacking HP multipliers to serve as cushion for when the whole board is filled with orbs of a color I have no use for and can't combo away in a turn, and if I don't get enough hearts to combo to save myself.

The whole combo thing reminds me of Pokemon Puzzle League... and I sucked at Pokemon Puzzle League.

Ashodin

This does seem to be the trend with this company, its almost as if the millions they are making isnt enough.

I am hoping one day they will wise up about the whole skill up thing but it seems all they are interested in is riding their playerbase as hard as they can to spend more stones.

Simple economics = the more stones you have = the less you want to buy

GungHo knows they give out a lot of stones, and they want to deplete your resources somehow.

Agreed that this direction GH is heading with dungeons is very off-putting.

I'm just ignoring dungeons all together. Not going to try red pirates for stone and skipping tri fruits altogether. If this trend continues I'll just retire. 400 days of play is pretty crazy for me on a mobile game though.

Amon37

He has his own dungeon. I must say that JD is easier to get get compared to the echidna one. She is a bitch to skill. Piedrawn on the other hand don't know why but seems easier.

The reason is that the JD is easier to skill is because they made his dungeon 2x drop, I don't think scarlet snake has ever been 2x drop.

Colby

I'm totally with you guys when it comes to complaining about the steep difficulty spike newer dungeons seem to have, but to play a bit of Devil's Advocate, we all thought Zeus was a huge stone sink back in the day, and look at how easily we can farm it now. For me, the problem isn't that these new dungeons are so hard, it's that the difficulty doesn't match up with the reward. Zeus was an amazing monster back then, and while less effective now, it's still really great. In comparison, Extreme Dragon Rush has a horrible difficulty-to-reward ratio. I'm with the guy that said he is just skipping these types of dungeons altogether. They will come around again, and we will all have stronger teams and better strategies to implement. I still haven't given GungHo a dime for a game I've played 400+ days in a row, so I can handle being patient.

but goddammit, skilling monsters up is the worst

Also, is anybody running Bastet today? I would love to add some Bastet friends for a few runs of Weekend Dungeon.

ID is 384 134 290

linsivvi

Extreme Dragon Rush isn't really that hard. I don't find it any harder than the other dragon rush dungeons. It might look intimidating but a grind team can survive it.

The Twinlits, however, is really bullshit.

Has anyone run the dragon rush yet? What's the consensus? I have all the dragons and it seems like a lot of work for 1 stone clear.

Ran Master with a Ra/Horus spike team and there was no risk of dying. Didn't even need to use Echidna, she was mainly there for RCV boost.

coy

Ugh, fell asleep hella early yesterday so I missed the 10PM PST time for Kings. Had to waste a ton of stamina as I planned on getting 2 runs in which would've garnered me a rank up for more runs.

Also, is anybody running Bastet today? I would love to add some Bastet friends for a few runs of Weekend Dungeon.

ID is 384 134 290

We're already friends but will be logging in throughout the day. Gotta watch that NBA All-Star weekend away from home.

Good luck to all pulling the REM today!

Ugh, fell asleep hella early yesterday so I missed the 10PM PST time for Kings. Had to waste a ton of stamina as I planned on getting 2 runs in which would've garnered me a rank up for more runs.

We're already friends but will be logging in throughout the day. Gotta watch that NBA All-Star weekend away from home.

Good luck to all pulling the REM today!

Good luck indeed. Hope to see people pull ROdins and Bonias.

I was so close in beating the pirate dungeon (expert with Haku team), but was decimated.
Really wanted to continue, but it have 2 REM pulls set for tonight.

Shutouts to the demons and their buffed active skills, that now reduce enemy defense. Helps my crappy super metal/jewel runs out immensely. A lot faster than stalling for shiva active skill too.

Om8CvNC.png

So that happened. I'll take it. Ran all 4 levels for the stone and got 3 total drops. I hate these fucking dungeons.

I love these Super dungeons. With today's Super Rubies I was able to max-skill King Flamie and max-level/awaken Ronia. I didn't realize Trifruits was for 2 days. That's a nice surprise. I'm getting much more consistent at farming it now. I realized I don't need a mass attack on the 1F. A Dark match is enough to sweep the Seeds, leaving only the Fruit and a couple of turns to kill it. The PADX suggested Satan team says to replace DJ with Gryps if you have one, but DJ is way better. The only thing Gryps has is higher attack, but it's unneeded. DJ's 5CD orb change to match Vamp's is way more useful. I also replaced Hera-Ur with Ronia. Her Skill Boosts makes sure DJ and Vamp are active by 3F to ensure I sweep the Flower and Fruit, leaving TAMA to stall.

So more flame pirate farming for shrine maiden skills and chasers.

Even with 2x drop none of either.

Japan I am very frustrated at you for no chaser dungeon...

chrono01

My first run of the Pirate dungeon [on Expert], I got a Flame Chaser invade. Yeah, I was pretty surprised.

I'm really tempted to pull during tonight's Godfest, but I will resist. I currently have two Blue Odin, one of which I'm Awakening now, so if I were to get one more in addition to a Blue Sonia...

If only.

I love these Super dungeons. With today's Super Rubies I was able to max-skill King Flamie and max-level/awaken Ronia. I didn't realize Trifruits was for 2 days. That's a nice surprise. I'm getting much more consistent at farming it now. I realized I don't need a mass attack on the 1F. A Dark match is enough to sweep the Seeds, leaving only the Fruit and a couple of turns to kill it. The PADX suggested Satan team says to replace DJ with Gryps if you have one, but DJ is way better. The only thing Gryps has is higher attack, but it's unneeded. DJ's 5CD orb change to match Vamp's is way more useful. I also replaced Hera-Ur with Ronia. Her Skill Boosts makes sure DJ and Vamp are active by 3F to ensure I sweep the Flower and Fruit, leaving TAMA to stall.

What's your team roster, GC?

Edit: nm saw the build. Too bad my baddies isn't max skilled.

yami4ct

Ended up spending all 20 of my stones for 4 pulls in hoping for the godfest exclusives. My pulls were.

Isis (Would be great if I didn't already have one, but I'll save her to have both Ults I guess)
GrOdin (yay. One of the guys I wanted on both my us and JPN account I got both during Godfest!)
Pierdawn (Don't have a black team yet, but he seems like he could be cool)
Freyr (never heard of him. He doesn't look great)

Overall, pretty great. 3/4 were gold eggs and one was a really good pull. Fun

maks

I have great monsters for being non iap...exception to players choice. Had to drop $30 there. But Dammit count me in as one that wants a Hanzo for dmeta team real bad. I got Satan, ares, gryps already and havent committed my 4 tamas to dmeta yet. Really tempted to roll now....wish they would do a ninja fest

hermit7

Did a few pulls and was pleased with the first few. Then got some dupes.

Loki
Blue Sonia (works well with my 2 blue odins)
Horus (dupe)
Isis (dupe)
Naga (no skill up)
Gaga (dupe)

yami4ct

2 rolls (rolled a 2nd since the 1st was a gold):

Gryps Rider
Light Mystic Knight

0/4. Got nothing I need. No gold. Such is gungtroll

Ow. I feel for both of you. Getting GunTrolled is the worst. I especially hate getting Rider-gold egg trolled.

Taking look at Freyr's ult, he might have some potential. Adding the boost to attacker types as well opens up some interesting possibilities. Base monster forms seem mostly trash, though.

Genji

Ow. I feel for both of you. Getting GunTrolled is the worst. I especially hate getting Rider-gold egg trolled.

Taking look at Freyr's ult, he might have some potential. Adding the boost to attacker types as well opens up some interesting possibilities. Base monster forms seem mostly trash, though.

Haha, thanks. Definitely could have been much worst since I'm okay with getting Gryps as I have Dtron.

Yeap. Vamp, shardra, mandrake, and succubus

Cels

got gryps rider, echidna (already have her five star), pierdrawn (already have drawn joker), fairlion (already have the busty angelion), and bastet.

bastet is worth it though right?

Paltros

2 pulls:

Flame Golem (....*sigh*)
Verche

Got 4 stones tough, so I'll run a challenge dungeon and give one more try. Not really feeling like buying any stones after those pulls.

Top Bottom