• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Cels

If you can get a good healer team going, she's definitely worth that many stones. If you can get a Valk, Echidna and maybe a Siren and evolve a King Shynee, you'll have a really special team going.

i think i could have a good healer team, it'll just take a long time.

i already have valk, venus, angelion, and i have all the healer girls, but of those only siren is max skilled.

Dispatch

I'm finding this game is becoming less and less appealing to me. For one, it's my skill level. I have a hard time consistently getting more than a four match combo, which means my one burst character, Kushinadahime, doesn't have a lot of burst. I spent some money on the game, $25, but won't spend any more to get a better burst character after getting burnt so often from the REM.

I find I'm playing Marvel Puzzle Quest more, though I recognize the puzzle aspect is inferior. The main reason is there aren't any "bad" pulls in that game. True, there are fewer characters, but each has its uses, mainly because certain events give boosts to certain characters. Plus, super heroes appeal to me more than dragons.

No, I haven't beaten the game. I still have the final normal and technical dungeon left to go, but I'm not spurred on to play anymore. I play more out of habit than anything.

Radav

I'm so fed up with this stupid Twinlit dungeon. I can't get an Angelit to drop at all. I've used all the devilits I can make use of and I've still got 8 sitting in my box. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Kreed

Annoyed that Extreme Dragon Rush Dungeon was only around for a day even though it has four levels to clear in order to get a stone (not to mention actually attempting to farm it), and they ran Super King Ruby Dragons on the same day. At least I'm almost done with Red Sonia thanks to the dungeon and free tamas.

Quantum

Non-iap player (back to intermittent) had 2 rolls for 350 days

angel (My 3rd)
flame golem (My sixth)

I have one gold egg in the last 14 god fest rolls, I've deleted my second account and just played this occasionally after posting my box here.

I have a loki that I've almost maxed and it works well teaming with luci.

I still wish there was an offline version for like 60 bucks that would have everything available. Then again - even for iap players everything is available if you wait long enough...

I am amazed that this game has held my interest for more then 350 days and that there is no way I can give them money other than supporting the releases on vita/3ds/pc as I refuse to support randomized bullshit.

J0dy77

LFM Goemon friends up. Think I finally worked out the perfect KoG team balance.

Losing RCV with the Horus busty has actually been beneficial.

Limit

In case anyone was wondering if a 49x l/l Ra team can brute force through round 2 of Twinlit dungeon, it cannot.

Le sigh.

Jinko

I'm finding this game is becoming less and less appealing to me. For one, it's my skill level. I have a hard time consistently getting more than a four match combo, which means my one burst character, Kushinadahime, doesn't have a lot of burst. I spent some money on the game, $25, but won't spend any more to get a better burst character after getting burnt so often from the REM.

I find I'm playing Marvel Puzzle Quest more, though I recognize the puzzle aspect is inferior. The main reason is there aren't any "bad" pulls in that game. True, there are fewer characters, but each has its uses, mainly because certain events give boosts to certain characters. Plus, super heroes appeal to me more than dragons.

No, I haven't beaten the game. I still have the final normal and technical dungeon left to go, but I'm not spurred on to play anymore. I play more out of habit than anything.

Can't argue with that, personally I find myself in a love/hate with this game, there is so much potential and improvements they could make, it can be pretty frustrating playing this game.

I would be happier spending 10 stones on a gold egg machine and 5 on a silver for example. (remove the star eggs from the REM and put them in a super pal egg machine with an improved chance of kings/tamadra etc)

I wish there was some way to give feedback to this company, dunno if they would care enough to listen though.

linsivvi

Never done Twinlits,which is the better team for it?

I prefer the first team since that gives me more option in the first troll round but some people found the 2nd team more stable. But I would suggest replacing Orochi with Lilith regardless.

The 3rd one is no good since you should probably run with either 2 gravities or a light heavy setup.

Oh and if you decide to use the 2nd team, see if you can busty the knight too since the more duel elements = more attacks = a safer 3rd round.

linsivvi

I'm no expert, but I would go with the second team and sub Orchi for Lilith. You need some armor piercing for lvl 2, either Ra/Bane/Lilith. There is plenty of time to use Echidna on floor 4 and charge for 5.

I used to swear by Bane, but switched over to Lilith after a few attempts. The problem with Bane is that it killed the mobs right away, giving me one less round to heal/charge/reduce the bind counter, which is very critical in this troll dungeon.

bodine1231

I prefer the first team since that gives me more option in the first troll round but some people found the 2nd team more stable. But I would suggest replacing Orochi with Lilith regardless.

The 3rd one is no good since you should probably run with either 2 gravities or a light heavy setup.

Oh and if you decide to use the 2nd team, see if you can busty the knight too since the more duel elements = more attacks = a safer 3rd round.

Only thing I'm worried about if replacing Orochi with Lilith in team 2 is HP,it would be 9025 not counting the other Zues.
(just checked and I can busty Verche if I have to)

linsivvi

Only thing I'm worried about if replacing Orochi with Lilith in team 2 is HP,it would be 9025 not counting the other Zues.

Yeah that's my predicament too until I maxed most of my subs. You will need 13335 hp to survive the pre-emptives. So I guess you can try the first team but with lilith? As long as you know how to safely charge your skills in round 3 you'll be fine.

Quantum

Can't argue with that, personally I find myself in a love/hate with this game, there is so much potential and improvements they could make, it can be pretty frustrating playing this game.

I would be happier spending 10 stones on a gold egg machine and 5 on a silver for example. (remove the star eggs from the REM and put them in a super pal egg machine with an improved chance of kings/tamadra etc)

I wish there was some way to give feedback to this company, dunno if they would care enough to listen though.

While I agree in theory, It would still be gambling for people who are bad at math.

I have nothing against gambling, just against the way the REM works, for every amazing story you read here there are tons of negative stories.

As for GungHo listening to people wanting to change the formula - I would not bet on it. They are making TONS of money with things the way they are - over a billion last year correct?

I wouldn't change the REM from a business standpoint when so many are willing to put up with IAP garbage. It will be interesting to see what happens if PaD starts to loose favor or people move on to the next thing. Will they then up the drops? increase the exp gain? right now there is a lot of discussion of exp/difficulty creep - the monsters are getting more powerful and the dungeons are getting harder.

Lucifer changed the game - and if you are a non-iap and don't have one it definitely makes the game more difficult.

This game is amazing and I respect the people who buy into the IAP REM pulls, but I think its more gambling then gaming and this is completely pay to win in the sense that people who put money in will always have better mobs and will level faster.

That being said as a non-iap player I have put easily 100 hours into the game and have had my hopes dashed so many times with bad pulls and been happy with zero stone descend clears (by the skin of my teeth) that it really is an amazing game - just bias to people that pay, and even worse - bias to people who throw tons of money at the game.

linsivvi

I think what Gungho will do when the revenue for PAD starting to decline dramatically: Roll out PAD 2.

Until then I really don't expect them to make drastic change to the formula. They'll keep making small changes like awakening or new busties or buffs to obsolete monsters for as long as they can.

Jinko

I think what Gungho will do when the revenue for PAD starting to decline dramatically: Roll out PAD 2.

Until then I really don't expect them to make drastic change to the formula. They'll keep making small changes like awakening or new busties or buffs to obsolete monsters for as long as they can.

Well yea awakening was a huge change though and it breathed new life into the game, the next step is to do something similar with skill ups, I think for many they have teams capable of doing a lot of the descended (in theory) but with out the skill ups you are pretty much screwed.

I think I will be spending less stones on REM and more on descended from now on, I would rather guarantee that I will be getting something useful than throwing it at the luck machine.

I'm pretty sure that games like Brave Frontier are eating into their player base also, if numbers start to decline dramatically it may be too late by that point.

Kyuur

I rolled Echidna and Mystic Light Knight...

I already have them. :| God damn. I guess I can use Echidna unevolved for lost cost teams.

Kreed

Gungho is hyping up a "big" spring update for their 2 year anniversary. There will be a stream/announcement on the 20th (Japan time) about the details of the update as well as the future of PAD and the 3DS version.

Could be another "small" change like you're saying, but even that could change the game a lot (hopefully it's more than just the Silver Egg Machine).

Nabbed this from the pal egg machine just now!

4e4a1ba018cb310166edd4337a1522f5_zpsc84b2d96.jpg

And now that I maxed out my first Haku, I'm saving this and my 2nd Haku for the day I evolve her.

linsivvi

Well yea awakening was a huge change though and it breathed new life into the game, the next step is to do something similar with skill ups, I think for many they have teams capable of doing a lot of the descended (in theory) but with out the skill ups you are pretty much screwed.

I think I will be spending less stones on REM and more on descended from now on, I would rather guarantee that I will be getting something useful than throwing it at the luck machine.

I am not too worried about the descends getting harder though. I'm too impatient so I wasted stones on the new descends as soon as they come out, but eventually the power creep will make them easier.

Take Izanami for example. It was hard and I spent multiple stones to clear it. The next time it will be a bit easier with the Egyptian god busties. When the additional awakening comes, it should be even easier. There's also no reason to not expect busties for the likes of Kirin, U&Y and Kushinadahime.

I'm more worried about the direction they took with Twinlits and Trifruits. No amount of skill ups would help you with those since round 1 orb screw means you just wasted a stone or 50/60 stamina.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Thanks for the challenge mode, I have managed to save up 25 stones.

Here are my results:
Highlander
Fairlion
Lilith
Dark Golem Mk.III
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia

This is really BS comparing with player's choice.

J0dy77

Thanks for the challenge mode, I have managed to save up 25 stones.

Here are my results:
Highlander
Fairlion
Lilith
Dark Golem Mk.III
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia

This is really BS comparing with player's choice.

That's a really strong set of pulls depending on what you already have. Fairlio is highly coveted for a number of teams, particularly Valk healer teams. And Ronia is quickly becoming one of the favorite mobs in this thread and climbing up the tier list. I think most would be extremely satisfied with that haul.

Kreed

That's a really strong set of pulls depending on what you already have. Fairlio is highly coveted for a number of teams, particularly Valk healer teams. And Ronia is quickly becoming one of the favorite mobs in this thread and climbing up the tier list. I think most would be extremely satisfied with that haul.

I'm still surprised at how useful the three Sonias are. On "paper" they don't seem that much better than any other Attack/RCV lead, but the combination of their actives, awoken skills, and proper pairings with Descend Gods (excluding Beelzebub and Blue Sonia, not sure what happened there), just puts them over the edge. Really shows how some of the lower tier gods can be saved just by a couple of Awoken skill changes/new mobs vs handing out combo multiplier leader skills.

Jonsoncao

Banned

I don't know. But I pulled Loki, Odin, Kirin, and Horus from the player's choice...

Have a Valk from the descended but unevolved.

Currently I am lvl 100. Beaten Hera and Hero using dual GOdin team, but other descended dungeon seems too hard for me using just two Odins w/o using any stones.

Wanted to build a Horus team, but have no clue what monsters to use, Sonia probably will fit, but her cost is too high.

fallingdove

how the hell do drop rates work in this game? i am trying to nab at least a couple of cupids to start leveling and have been playing Tower of Flare - Dance of flame and light every day for the last 2 weeks. i have probably spent 500 stamina and no luck.

i am level 68 - do drop rates have anything to do with level?

Tobe

how the hell do drop rates work in this game? i am trying to nab at least a couple of cupids to start leveling and have been playing Tower of Flare - Dance of flame and light every day for the last 2 weeks. i have probably spent 500 stamina and no luck.

yeah thats a big no. i think there is only a 2% drop rate on rares dungeon drops.

Kreed

Drop rates in this game vary depending on the dungeon you're running, drop rate multipliers, the monster, and the difficulty.

If you're going to run Normal dungeons for Healer Girls, Golems, Titan, Vampire, and Ripper Dragons, you're better off doing it when the dungeons have x1.5 rates, and even then the drop rates aren't great. Also, the higher difficulty normal dungeons have better drop rates than lower difficulty ones, so the "best" drop rate in the normal dungeons for Cupid would be Jupiter, City in the Sky, but obviously this is more difficult and costs more stamina, so you may want to try some of the dungeons in between this and Tower and Flare (Ocean of Heaven is good since you get to farm Cupids and Siren).

The Special Dungeon that have these monsters have much better drop rates on higher difficulties, but obviously these dungeons are much harder, and even then the drops aren't "guaranteed", but you would have likely have gotten 20 Cupids by now from a Master/Legendary dungeon.

linsivvi

Just wait for Noble Mechdragon tomorrow. Cupid drops on the expert level and I'm pretty sure it has a better drop rate. I accidentally sold my Cupid so I'm going to farm that level during 2x drop rate to get it.

Top Bottom