• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

SaintR

Never done Twinlits,which is the better team for it?

The second team with verche and valk is what I use.. orochi is ulti evolved and I have higher lvls but it doesn't change the strategy to this team other than it just speeds up killing the twins at the end. As long as you leave the first floor with Echidna charge and the tama floor with Orochi charged you win. But just prepared for some trolling.

Edit: didn't notice verche wasn't ultid...like stated before it really helps having as many elements to attack in this dungeon. I haven't tried lilith in this dungeon so I'm intrested in this strat

lordcyno

Thanks Log, clearing it like clockwork.

Anyone else noticing a reduction in + eggs. I haven't seen many since the 6.3 update. Seen other people saying similar in other places.

I've been having pretty crappy luck with +eggs in the t5 1.5x dungeons during the weekdays averaging like 1 every 5 runs.

Today though I've gotten 5 in 4 runs in King of the Gods (not counting 2 failed runs where 1 dropped each time)

J0dy77

I don't know. But I pulled Loki, Odin, Kirin, and Horus from the player's choice...

Have a Valk from the descended but unevolved.

Currently I am lvl 100. Beaten Hera and Hero using dual GOdin team, but other descended dungeon seems too hard for me using just two Odins w/o using any stones.

Wanted to build a Horus team, but have no clue what monsters to use, Sonia probably will fit, but her cost is too high.

I've been able to clear every descended in game with Horus/Horus or Horus/Kirin as a non IAP. The primary team is all farmable and you have one of the key pieces in Valk. Horus, Valk, Verche, Hera-IS and Echidna paired with Kirin will get you through everything that doesn't lock you out by color.

You're still relatively lower lvl and the Player's choice once a one time event that's never happened again. Just keep grinding levels and you'll get there.

Side note: Sonia is an ok sub for the awakenings but her active doesn't fit the team. You want her for the leader skill.

Did the plant dungeon and was pretty excited to pick up some plants.

2 plants, 3 seeds.

Yeah, fuck that noise.

Yuppp. Ran it once for the stone and will probably never run again.

I've been having pretty crappy luck with +eggs in the t5 1.5x dungeons during the weekdays averaging like 1 every 5 runs.

Today though I've gotten 5 in 4 runs in King of the Gods (not counting 2 failed runs where 1 dropped each time)

I've been focusing on T5 1.5x for a couple weeks and it's been really bad. Entire days without seeing them. Hopefully I go on a hot streak to make up for it.

saichi

made it to 5 stones after beating Dragon Plant Infestation! and I got

Shardran

Considering my first roll was Earth Guardian. It's clearly a sign that this is not the Godfest for me. :(

razterik

Must have failed Twinlits a dozen different ways today. So fucking tired of this dungeon. And I've only had 3 Tamadras drop from successful runs. I think I'm going back to farming dragon dungeons. At least I feel like I am getting somewhere doing that.

Althane

2 Rolls:

1 - Dragonette
2 - Beast Rider

At least it'll be useful for a water team? I guess?

I don't even have a water leader. =\

SaintR

Must have failed Twinlits a dozen different ways today. So fucking tired of this dungeon. And I've only had 3 Tamadras drop from successful runs. I think I'm going back to farming dragon dungeons. At least I feel like I am getting somewhere doing that.
Yea it's really a frsutrating dungeon since if you get out the first floor with delay charged it's basically an auto win. But also the refusal of light twin not dropping.

Well, GAF. It's been fun. PAD finally broke me today. Over 100 REM pulls and no D.Tron or Blonia to show for it. Although I did get a Rodin. To twist the knife further, I got 3 dupe Blodins, 2 dupe Grodins, and L.Trons #8 and #9. Funny(not) thing is I didn't even get any skill-ups from feeding all those dupe L.Trons.

I may continue to play here and there with available stamina and stones, but I'm done with constant stamina refreshes and REM pulls.

I tallied the damage, and I've spent over $5K on PAD. It's not the money(not mainly anyway) that got me to make this decision. I actually only looked it up after coming to this decision. I've just reached my tipping point for getting trolled combined with the game gearing more and more towards high stamina grinding. 50 stamina before would've gotten you the best monster in the game (Zeus). Now, it's 60 stamina for fricken evo mats and a chance at a TAMA. Those will eventually be reduced to 50 stamina but a chance at only a TAMAbaby which only has a chance at awakening. Wanna skill-up Sakuya? That'll be 99 stam per skill-up attempt, thanks. If you play with available stamina, you have to wait 16.5hrs between Fagan runs.

I'm not knocking the game. I still think it's great. And I know many people can still enjoy it without spending money. I'll see if I can go back to that time or if I just got so used to heavy IAP playing that I can't revert back.

Anyway, I never used Padherder before. But I just signed-up and took the considerable time to input my entire monster collection, so that I could share it with you all. I wish I tried it out sooner. It's a very useful site. If any of you are interested in starting (over starting over) with a fraction of the investment I've spent, shoot me a PM.

http://www.padherder.com/user/GC@GAF/monsters

razterik

Actually find the first floor pretty easy most of the time. Lots of other easy ways to die when you run the dungeon over and over, though.

Well, GAF. It's been fun. PAD finally broke me today. Over 100 REM pulls and no D.Tron or Blonia to show for it. Although I did get a Rodin. To twist the knife further, I got 3 dupe Blodins, 2 dupe Grodins, and L.Trons #8 and #9. Funny(not) thing is I didn't even get any skill-ups from feeding all those dupe L.Trons.

I may continue to play here and there with available stamina and stones, but I'm done with constant stamina refreshes and REM pulls.

I tallied the damage, and I've spent over $5K on PAD. It's not the money(not mainly anyway) that got me to make this decision. I actually only looked it up after coming to this decision. I've just reached my tipping point for getting trolled combined with the game gearing more and more towards high stamina grinding. 50 stamina before would've gotten you the best monster in the game (Zeus). Now, it's 60 stamina for fricken evo mats and a chance at a TAMA. Those will eventually be reduced to 50 stamina but a chance at only a TAMAbaby which only has a chance at awakening. Wanna skill-up Sakuya? That'll be 99 stam per skill-up attempt, thanks. If you play with available stamina, you have to wait 16.5hrs between Fagan runs.

I'm not knocking the game. I still think it's great. And I know many people can still enjoy it without spending money. I'll see if I can go back to that time or if I just got so used to heavy IAP playing that I can't revert back.

Anyway, I never used Padherder before. But I just signed-up and took the considerable time to input my entire monster collection, so that I could share it with you all. I wish I tried it out sooner. It's a very useful site. If any of you are interested in starting (over starting over) with a fraction of the investment I've spent, shoot me a PM.

Godspeed, GC. As more of us leave this game I'm gonna miss playing and posting with y'all. Please let me know what other games you guys and gals play, because this is a pretty cool community. Holler if anyone's on PS4, plays sf, or is looking to play titanfall.

As for me, I know my time's not long with PAD. I'm afraid to see how much my bill is, but it's nowhere near your mark, GC.

xCobalt

I remember someone leaving around this time last year too. After some frustrations, they realized how much time and money they spent on it and decided to quit.

I'm not sure how long I'll be playing this for. I haven't spent a dime on it and still look forward to new monsters/dungeons.

I remember someone leaving around this time last year too. After some frustrations, they realized how much time and money they spent on it and decided to quit.

I'm not sure how long I'll be playing this for. I haven't spent a dime on it and still look forward to new monsters/dungeons.
Yeah, it was Xelios. He was a great contributor to the PAD threads before he called it quits. Like others have said, heavy IAP playing just burns people out on the game quicker than not. And obviously, we're more prone to resentment from being trolled than people who play for free.

I don't really blame you dude. I find I have a better time playing without constantly refreshing. If I miss out on running something, oh well...it'll come around again. If I only get a few Super runs in, oh well.

Part of the problem going full IAP is that you kind of shorten your life with the game. I'm actually impressed you've stuck around this long.

I hope you stick around, even without playing as much...I've found your insight to be very helpful for some advanced tactics. If this IS it for you, thanks and good luck!

SaintR

Damn GC really going to be missed, but I most definitely understand the frustration with being troll in this game. This game really has a thin line when it comes to REM pulls. Like it's been stated infinitely in here, they need to remove some monster from REM, it really makes the chances so low.

What broke me last week was the accumulation of three factors: introduction of score attack to Legendary dungeons in JP, Survey Dungeon 7, and Twinlits. It's been about three months since the introduction of Twinlits into the game and I still have yet to clear it, only making it to the final round once. And I only get 2-3 attempts at the fucking dungeon every time and it completely shuts down my ability to run anything else that day. And I don't even have a team that can survive Twinlits on my US account. Still haven't run Zeus because my teams are all underleveled and I won't be able to clear him in a reasonable number of stones.

Meanwhile with score attack I have yet to get anywhere close to S ranking any dungeon -- even the supposedly balls easy HK collab. Other JP players who have whaled out on the game are like "hahaha yeah S rank easy I did it on the first day". I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I'm approaching the game incorrectly. I see their S rank score tables with low clear turns and 8+ average combos, meanwhile I have trouble even beating some Legendary dungeons and fail to break 5+ avg. combos.

And then Survey Dungeon 7 dropped last week and uncoincidentally put Hattori Hanzo into Murakofest. I know Murakofest is a fucking trap but I kind of wanted one for the awakenings for my Pandora team. And I spent all 35 of my stored non-IAP stones and got fucking JACK SHIT for it.

I've always known I'd never catch up to IAP players but the last couple of months have been absolutely brutal driving that point home. Every busty worth a shit nowadays requires Twinlits, Trifruits, and I don't even want to know how badly Technicolor Keeper is going to ream me in the ass when he debuts in the future. He sure as fuck isn't going to use lube. I'd been happy treading the hamster wheel for over a year now but recently everything about the game just feels so hollow now. My stamina has been topped off in both my accounts for a few days now and I don't even care, because I need a bazillion mystic masks and dubmyths on both accounts that never drop or even appear.

I've been happy treading the hamster wheel for over a year now, but recently any progress I make just feels so marginal. I guess that's why I started looking for other similar games recently. Monstrike was cool for a while until I finished all the normal dungeons, and now I realize half the content in that game is locked behind local multiplayer which I have no chance of even attempting. I might just quit the genre altogether if the "sweeping changes" that have been teased for the 2nd anniversary end up doing nothing for my ability to progress.

Fuck this is a salty ass post.

edit:
Yeah, it was Xelios. He was a great contributor to the PAD threads before he called it quits. Like others have said, heavy IAP playing just burns people out on the game quicker than not. And obviously, we're more prone to resentment from being trolled than people who play for free.
lol nope

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

You've been an incredibly great player and contributor to this thread and the community. I entirely respect your decision on this. The game is growing to a VERY weird area, and I think some of us are starting to take notice. Personally, I'm done spending money on it. I hit 407 days, have 152 stamina, and can (nearly) farm every dungeon out except these new 60 stam bullshit dungeons. And since awakenings are only adding SO much, I'm finding myself less and less interested to push forward.

I can't say it enough - you'll be missed as a player, but there comes a point when you have to realize it's not for you anymore. All the best.

Kreed

You will definitely be missed in this thread George if you go, but I definitely understand, especially with the amount of money you've spent. As a Non IAP player I will say the game is still be fun without spending money on stones but I'm sure it will be a big adjustment, especially seeing what you've accumulated since the original OT.

Totakeke

The game is terrible in terms of diminishing returns. Even for moderate IAP I think I'm fine with just one god from every series to minimize dupes. Rolling for a specific monster will always be the death knell in this game.

suko_32

I still remember that guy's amazing Ammy.

As others have said, you'll be missed around here. Sometimes I think about deleting this game off my devices, but it hasn't actually happened yet.

Actually now that I think about it I wonder how many of my problems would be solved by them doubling or tripling the stamina refresh rate. Most of my problems seem to stem from GungHo pushing out high stamina-consuming content and me being unable to run all of it.

Genji

Sorry to hear that the game has run its course with you. I can see how the recent changes and constant trolling can just flat out wear you down and remove any enjoyment from the game. Hopefully you still stop by the thread every once and a while to check in, even if you aren't playing.

Limit

At least you can take solace in the fact that you won't be burning 6 grand on PAD.

As for quitting PAD, its possible to burn out on even the best of experiences if you repeat the said experience enough times. Such is life. One day we will all leave this game. Just not today, for me at least.

You don't really have any standouts, so I guess stick with valk and vamp for farming and work on Satan and Goemon? You can also ult evo that Hera and level up your satan.

Aye, but would you substitute Freyja for anything in my Healer team? Normally I run the standard Valk, siren, echidna, COC healer, shynee, and another valk team. but i don't know if fryja would be better, she has better stats than COC healer but isn't a light sub and her active isn't as good for the team.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I've been able to clear every descended in game with Horus/Horus or Horus/Kirin as a non IAP. The primary team is all farmable and you have one of the key pieces in Valk. Horus, Valk, Verche, Hera-IS and Echidna paired with Kirin will get you through everything that doesn't lock you out by color.

You're still relatively lower lvl and the Player's choice once a one time event that's never happened again. Just keep grinding levels and you'll get there.

Side note: Sonia is an ok sub for the awakenings but her active doesn't fit the team. You want her for the leader skill.
Really appreciated for the tips. I assume Valk needs to be evolved right for I need her green secondary attribute.

chrono01

Sorry to see you leave. I know I haven't been a part of this community for very long, since Puzzle & Dragons wasn't available on the Canadian App Store for a while after launch, but it's always sad to see a long-time player quit [although I definitely understand your reasoning for doing so].

Since I'm a decent ways behind all of the other players, I haven't yet experienced the issues many are having [with Busty'ing their evolutions and the materials needed to do so], although I am nearing that point. I'm really hopeful that some changes are incoming, as I've read a lot of complaints/frustration from other players. I understand that this is a game that pushes/enforces you to IAP, especially with those high Stamina costs for dungeons, but they need to find ways to give those that don't an incentive to play [no, a few free Magic Stones here and there won't help]. As it stands now, I log in for an hour or so, blow my Stamina on Daily Dungeons hoping for Evolution materials [or Metal/Kings] and usually getting nothing. Rinse/Repeat. Not exactly exciting.

If they were to increase the rate of Stamina regeneration, as mentioned above, that would help out considerably. It wouldn't be as much of a precious resource, for us non-IAP, and enable us to gain more experience/monsters that would encourage us to run more dungeons. Either that, or maybe monster-trading [of comparable rarity]. I know that will likely never happen, since Gungho wants to keep the control/distribution of monsters to themselves, but it would help with the problem of getting a "dupe" God during a Godfest, but still finding a use for it [outside of skill-up and/or Awakening].

Again, sorry to see you quit. I know the more you put into it the more pain/frustration you have for leaving it all behind, but it sounds as though you're doing the right thing. I wish you the best of luck out there.

Totakeke

Aye, but would you substitute Freyja for anything in my Healer team? Normally I run the standard Valk, siren, echidna, COC healer, shynee, and another valk team. but i don't know if fryja would be better, she has better stats than COC healer but isn't a light sub and her active isn't as good for the team.

Whoops, just noticed I said level up Satan, should be Hades instead.

Your current team is the best team you can field I think. Siren max skilled is much more useful. You could always get another valk if you want to replace someone.

Kreed

Actually now that I think about it I wonder how many of my problems would be solved by them doubling or tripling the stamina refresh rate. Most of my problems seem to stem from GungHo pushing out high stamina-consuming content and me being unable to run all of it.

This will never happen, but I do think they should scale Twinlit/Trifruit dungeon stamina/difficulty back further. Or at least keep the evo materials permanently in the Pal Machine vs just events.

Totakeke

For a puzzle game they're awfully conservative with their mechanics. Plenty of new monsters or evolutions have just slightly better or worse versions of existing skills and there's little motivation to get them aside from luxury.

This will never happen, but I do think they should scale Twinlit/Trifruit dungeon stamina/difficulty back further. Or at least keep the evo materials permanently in the Pal Machine vs just events.

Well, Brave Frontier / Quiz RPG both have 5:00 stamina timers and people seem to love them for it (and Monster Strike has a 3:00 stamina timer, even). It's really nice being able to just pick up the game whenever and have completely topped off stamina. Seems like most people burn stones on stamina during marathon runs anyways? Don't know how badly it would affect GungHo's bottom line.

For a puzzle game they're awfully conservative with their mechanics. Plenty of new monsters or evolutions have just slightly better or worse versions of existing skills and there's little motivation to get them aside from luxury.

The opposite of this is Tower of Saviors which has ridiculous power creep due to new monsters having completely nutso skills. I'd rather feel like not rolling the REM then feeling like I have to because the baseline gets reset so often.

I have in my entire PaD run on two accounts spent 2 dollars on stones lol. I just use the stones i earn and don't bother trying desperately to get a certain and god and build around what I have.

J0dy77

Hate to see you go George but I can completely understand why. Ive been amazed that you've been able to keep up for this long without burning out. Your insight and ability to craft teams that us non IAP players could never achieve was always fun to see.

I've said it before but I always take being a non IAP as a challenge. Having to manage every stone for a shot at a new mob or a stamina refresh adds another layer of strategy to the game. If I went heavy IAP I would feel like I was missing that part of the game and just speeding up my path to the finish line. I hope you decide to give the non IAP life a shot. The thread wouldn't be the same without you.

I do agree 100% with everyone's disgust in regard to the new 60 stamina dungeons. I've always compared the game to an mmo. And you can only chase that carrot on a stick for so long without overall improvement to the game. A new dungeon and a minimal stat increase isn't enough to keep people interested. People eventually get bored and move on. And what has bothered me most about the new mats dungeons is that they're complete random BS designed to take your money. I could maybe justify the stamina cost if there was a team I could work towards to reliably beat them.

Really sad day in the PAD thread. The game will not be the same for me if so many of our long term community members leave. I'll keep plugging along but I reay hope the sweeping changes renew some enjoyment to our little corner of the PAD world.

haha yes. Would be nice after every 50 levels or so do reduce the rate by a few % or so would make a huge difference.

At this point, I basically just make sure I don't max out over night.

Totakeke

The opposite of this is Tower of Saviors which has ridiculous power creep due to new monsters having completely nutso skills. I'd rather feel like not rolling the REM then feeling like I have to because the baseline gets reset so often.

Yeah, I wouldn't want a power creep, but still surely there's more interesting ways to affect the gameplay other than just delay, orb change, and skills revolving around affecting defense. Introducing delay is probably their biggest mistake in terms of mechanics given how prevalent Echidna is.

edit:

lol nope
Heh. I guess I was felt a little entitled to whine. You're right. Let's whine together, brother!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm seriously having flashbacks to when Xelios parted ways with PAD GAF. He was my first in-game friend and I was disappointed when he left. I didn't foresee playing for over another 400 days, myself. A big part of the reason I stuck with it so long is this community. It's great! But I don't see it as a sad thing or find it hard to "let go" of something I've spent so much time and money on. I've got a lot out of this game, and I just know that my time heavily playing it has finally run its course. My PS+ backlog has grown ridiculously large. I think it's time to make some dents in it.

Marvelous

I've decided to move on from this game as well. Yes, I know I just started but I'm not really liking it that much anymore. The difficulty spike is hilarious, the cost to use some of the monsters for low-mid ranking players is hilarious, the stamina cost of some dungeons is hilarious, and I don't think I could deal with the crazy farming you guys keep talking about. The game did start off great, though.

Currently trying out Brave Frontier. Lets see how that goes.
Is there a thread for Brave Frontier?

Yeah, I wouldn't want a power creep, but still surely there's more interesting ways to affect the gameplay other than just delay, orb change, and skills revolving around affecting defense. Introducing delay is probably their biggest mistake in terms of mechanics given how prevalent Echidna is.

Echidna has been in the game since the beginning (or damn close to it). Hardly the problem.

The problem is they ran out of creative skills and just added to the multiplier. Mono colored with Green and ADK farm teams use to be the shit, now everything is 3x...9x...12.25x etc.

Heh. I guess I was felt a little entitled to whine. You're right. Let's whine together, brother!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm seriously having flashbacks to when Xelios parted ways with PAD GAF. He was my first in-game friend and I was disappointed when he left. I didn't foresee playing for over another 400 days, myself. A big part of the reason I stuck with it so long is this community. It's great! But I don't see it as a sad thing or find it hard to "let go" of something I've spent so much time and money on. I've got a lot out of this game, and I just know that my time heavily playing it has finally run its course. My PS+ backlog has grown ridiculously large. I think it's time to make some dents in it.
Man don't even remind me about my PS+ backlog, I got games for systems I don't even own lol

I've decided to move on from this game as well. Yes, I know I just started but I'm not really liking it that much anymore. The difficulty spike is hilarious, the cost to use some of the monsters for low-mid ranking players is hilarious, the stamina cost of some dungeons is hilarious, and I don't think I could deal with the crazy farming you guys keep talking about. The game did start off great, though.

Currently trying out Brave Frontier. Lets see how that goes.
Is there a thread for Brave Frontier?
No thread for Brave Frontier AFAIK. The PAD thread only came about because we got chased out of the general iOS gaming thread for consuming discussion lol. Might be able to round up some more players there to make a thread.

razterik

Sorry to see you go, GC. You've been around as long as I've been in this thread and it'll be strange not seeing your posts. I probably wouldn't be such a heavy IAP without you, so thanks? Haha. Honestly been feeling burned out lately myself. I swear there must be an inverse relationship between how much I spend and how much I feel like playing. I pulled a lot in these last couple festivals because I felt like I needed a different way to play the game to revive my interest. I had a bit more luck than some, snagging both Blue Odin and Sonia, so I will stick around for a bit more to see if I still want to keep playing.

saichi

The problem is they ran out of creative skills and just added to the multiplier. Mono colored with Green and ADK farm teams use to be the shit, now everything is 3x...9x...12.25x etc.

I actually like Tower of Savior with no crazy multiplier spike leaders. At the same time, that's the reason why Fox Queen is the #1 card in the game.

You could still help us with Challenge Mode still :).

I'll see you later.

Jagernaut

I've been lucky to get DTron and Hanzo and have put together a very good Twinlit team:

Dark Metatron - max awakened and leveled
Hanzo - max awakened and leveled
Dark Ares - max awakened and leveled
Lilith - max skilled
Lilith - max skilled
Dark Metatron friend

The only thing I need to avoid a bad first board is to skill up Hanzo, so I'm waiting on that new survey dungeon. I also need skillups on Ares so I can shorten the time I use to stall for his skill. This team has been much better for me than the Zeus team I used to run.

Top Bottom