• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

This is my monster box.

I'm finding myself lost, I don't know which monsters to level up and which monsters to use to level up those monsters xD
Any suggestion?

Tyrra and Isis (the two monsters in the left corner) are the monsters you should work on, in particularly Isis because her leader skill can help you clear a large portion of the content in the game. Everything else in your box are just place holder monsters that you can use to fill out your team, food for Isis and Tyrra, or evolution material for Isis and Tyrra.

However hold on to the two Tamadras (the little gold egg monsters). Those are used to awaken skills on monsters in their final/ultimate evolutions and are very hard to get, so save them until later in the game.

chrono01

Your account is linked to your facebook profile, even if you install on a new device you will still use the same account, there is a option to contact them in the menu, you could probably use that to get your name changed.
That's why when I installed it on my new iPhone I was going to start a brand new account [and a new Facebook account] to go with it. Seems like a lot to go through, but if I'm going to spend as time with this game, I don't want something like my name bothering me. :(

Thanks for the suggestion about contacting them, though. I never saw that. I'll have to give it a try and see. >:)

This is my monster box.

I'm finding myself lost, I don't know which monsters to level up and which monsters to use to level up those monsters xD
Any suggestion?

also what about those egg-light-monsters that they gave away?

Isis...work on Isis... Put in a member from every color on your team and try to match three of those colors a turn.

Also use the "Favorites" command in the monster box to save your monsters from an accidental feeding and/or selling.

Third the Tamadras. When you Evolve Isis (or any other final evolved monster) use the Tamadras to "awaken" that monster for additional stats and/or abilities. Don't use the tamadras on your starter dragon...

NOTE: Tamadras are INCREDIBLY RARE! do NOT DO NOT throw away or sell, and make sure you REALLY want to use them first. Pro Strat for beginners: only use them on Leaders from REM Dragon not on your starter dragon...

Tyrra and Isis (the two monsters in the left corner) are the monsters you should work on, in particularly Isis because her leader skill can help you clear a large portion of the content in the game. Everything else in your box are just place holder monsters that you can use to fill out your team, food for Isis and Tyrra, or evolution material for Isis and Tyrra.

However hold on to the two Tamadras (the little gold egg monsters). Those are used to awaken skills on monsters in their final/ultimate evolutions and are very hard to get, so save them until later in the game.

thanks, so basically I should only level up those two and not the others?

chrono01

Well I contacted the Brave Frontier support and apparently changing your name is not possible. At all. So either you reformat your phone and start a brand new file [with a new Facebook account to link to it] or keep whatever name you initially enter.

Warning to new players, the name you choose when starting up isn't simply your profile name but your character name as well. Make sure you choose something appropriately.

Kreed

Correct, Isis having the most priority, but Tyrra is much easier to level due to needing less exp. Also once you get to rank 20, you can send/receive a gift dragon from a friend with a chance to get the 2 other starter dragons or the 2 gift dragons (it's better to trade with someone who hasn't sent their gift yet, that way you can pull twice for two dragons).

So other than the godfest only gods, what are the best monsters the awaken?

I fully awoke my Haku with the first two tamadras, but now I'm stuck as to what to do with the last two.

Stealth edit: is there a monster that currently has 3x atk for attacker monsters?

Nista

Haku and every other REM-exclusive mom will get a fourth awakening in 6.4, so hold on to them.

Hmm, my tamadra spending dilemma continues then.

I have both a light and dark Yomi right now, and a third unevolved one. Should I turn the third one into a second light Yomi as a sub, or just evolve him enough to feed to the main one for the third awakening? I'm not sure I've ever seen a 3 yomi team for anything normal.

Quantum

I've leveled a bunch of non-iap secondary accounts - always re-rolling looking for something better. Isis is a great lead mob for someone starting out.

Absolutely follow the advise previously given, (don't use your tama's yet, favorite isis and the two tamas asap).

Putting a multicolor team together is a priority (you need three to activate Isis' special)

friend other Isis users (matching three will effectively become 3 x 3 (both isis') or 9 time damage for each mob)

with a little practice you should be able to move smoothly into the 'tower' levels (tower of trials and tower of giants) - this is important if you would like to level rapidly which enhances your total team cost.

on the weekends - the 'tower' levels cost half the stamina, at the lower levels you gain experience faster than you use it while playing these levels over and over - you can get to at least rank 80 with this method - this will in turn allow you to have more stamina.

razterik

Hmm, my tamadra spending dilemma continues then.

I have both a light and dark Yomi right now, and a third unevolved one. Should I turn the third one into a second light Yomi as a sub, or just evolve him enough to feed to the main one for the third awakening? I'm not sure I've ever seen a 3 yomi team for anything normal.

I would run three Yomi on Anubis. And they are excellent at countering time reduction attacks.

coy

Back from a weekend helping a friend cope with a broken relationship and I return to some craziness! Between NBA-GAF, the latest TotalBiscuit incident, and now folks on this here thread, it's been nutso.

I've read every post on here from mid-January on but didn't actually join in any of the discussion until August. I'd be nowhere near my level if it wasn't for the sage advice, team build discussions, and descend breakdowns occurring in here. I'm extremely grateful for what this community has provided. I still lurk most other threads, namely FGC and NFL, but the folks on here are why I keep returning so thanks all! Lastly, I'll echo others' sentiments about GC and what an awesome presence he has been. And for anyone else in a similar situation, both veteran and rookie alike, whatever you decide I wish you nothing but happiness and good fortune.

Had real bad luck with +eggs in OoH. Only 1 dropped in 20+ runs but did get Masks and Kings. Also have had a terrible time in Noble Mech. Just some assy luck with the mobs. I need to change my approach and not blow 50 stam so stupidly.

Metatrons/Odins/Sonias

Yeah tamas go on those but all of us that don't have those have quite the conundrum.

I'll hold on to one taka for Haku to fully awaken. Still have 1 extra...

Any other awesome monsters for awakenings?

Three light legend runs (accidentally died to carbuncles) still have not seen a chaser...

Totakeke

Yeah tamas go on those but all of us that don't have those have quite the conundrum.

I'll hold on to one taka for Haku to fully awaken. Still have 1 extra...

Any other awesome monsters for awakenings?

Three light legend runs (accidentally died to carbuncles) still have not seen a chaser...

Time extend awakenings are pretty much always worth it. Row awakenings depending on whether you have mono-color spike teams running. Also check the new 4th awakenings on gods and see whether you should wait for those.

Wow, I just steamrolled through Mythical Hera-Is like it was a walk in the park! Ultimate Horus is way too good!

I think one of the best things about this game is seeing how far you've come after a while. Dungeons that used to seem impossible are easy now, and that feels really good.

EDIT: Oh, also, another thing that helps me not burn out is that when I play, I usually don't have any particular goal. I just play whatever is up and see how I do.

I've been lucky to get DTron and Hanzo and have put together a very good Twinlit team:

Dark Metatron - max awakened and leveled
Hanzo - max awakened and leveled
Dark Ares - max awakened and leveled
Lilith - max skilled
Lilith - max skilled
Dark Metatron friend

The only thing I need to avoid a bad first board is to skill up Hanzo, so I'm waiting on that new survey dungeon. I also need skillups on Ares so I can shorten the time I use to stall for his skill. This team has been much better for me than the Zeus team I used to run.
How are you managing your HP with this team? Specifically, how do you get to <80% without just flat out getting killed?

saichi

Back from a weekend helping a friend cope with a broken relationship and I return to some craziness! Between NBA-GAF, the latest TotalBiscuit incident, and now folks on this here thread, it's been nutso.

I'm curious about what it is... can you elaborate?

Metatrons/Odins/Sonias

My haku is fully awoken. Have a Grodin I never use because I run mostly dark teams and I don't have either sonia nor metatron. What's GrOdin's use? I have a few teams I use mostly SoD Luci team, Haku team for spikes and batman for grinding easier dungeons. Maxed out my vamp, CDK and and Drawn joker.

I have a Ra, Parvati, AA Michael, Fryer, Yamato, that along with GrOdin never get touched. I have most of the role players for other mono color teams but they aren't leveled at all and my dark team is pretty much set. Not sure what to do with these guys.

chrono01

Metatrons/Odins/Sonias
Yeah, I have two Blue Odin's that I'm Awakening now [will save one Tamadra for Kirin's fourth Awakening when she receives it] to prepare for when I hopefully get a third Blue Odin and a Blue Sonia.

I really...really want to try out the Blue Sonia, Blue Odin x 3, King Bubblie team.

Jinko

Yay Zeus get !

Cost me 10 stones but meh, better than 2 shit gacha rolls.

So other than the godfest only gods, what are the best monsters the awaken?

I fully awoke my Haku with the first two tamadras, but now I'm stuck as to what to do with the last two.

Stealth edit: is there a monster that currently has 3x atk for attacker monsters?

Nope but D.Tron has 4 x when above 80%.

Totakeke

Satan is probably the best non-IAP monster to awaken, don't remember anything else as significant. King Bubblie 2x skill boost is great too but you don't need tamadras for that.

Totakeke

Uhh, went with Haku into Zeus, then only 2 water orbs first turn and all chimeras on 1 turn counter, guess that's why I need 15k hp huh.

J0dy77

Light Chaser invade after 3rd Legend run. I'll take it.

Haku team just destroys Light Mechdragon btw.

I wasted 100 stamina on this dungeon yesterday being an idiot. Dicked around on round 5 and caught a double strike wipe, then got locked out by a demon and had 3 mobs on the same timer. Very frustrating for such an ez mode dungeon.

PADHerder now got an instant box sync feature for those of you able and knowledgeable about how to capture packets
https://github.com/madcowfred/padherder-sync

Also just noticed that the 2nd anniversary streams are all in not-obviously-machine-translated English; are they expecting an international audience as well?
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv168367791
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv168375415

Damn wish I knew how to do this, is there any guides out there lol.

Hmmm might have to figure this out.

I've leveled a bunch of non-iap secondary accounts - always re-rolling looking for something better. Isis is a great lead mob for someone starting out.

Absolutely follow the advise previously given, (don't use your tama's yet, favorite isis and the two tamas asap).

Putting a multicolor team together is a priority (you need three to activate Isis' special)

friend other Isis users (matching three will effectively become 3 x 3 (both isis') or 9 time damage for each mob)

with a little practice you should be able to move smoothly into the 'tower' levels (tower of trials and tower of giants) - this is important if you would like to level rapidly which enhances your total team cost.

on the weekends - the 'tower' levels cost half the stamina, at the lower levels you gain experience faster than you use it while playing these levels over and over - you can get to at least rank 80 with this method - this will in turn allow you to have more stamina.
thanks, my main problem now is that I have 26 points for the team and Isis alone uses 20 points, so the other monsters I can afford are the red dragon and a green corbuncle

I wasted 100 stamina on this dungeon yesterday being an idiot. Dicked around on round 5 and caught a double strike wipe, then got locked out by a demon and had 3 mobs on the same timer. Very frustrating for such an ez mode dungeon.

You don't really need to stall much, just take which hits you can. You basically have 9 rounds to get Echidna up and MAYBE Haku. Should be pretty easy as long as you don't get orb trolled.

J0dy77

You don't really need to stall much, just take which hits you can. You basically have 9 rounds to get Echidna up and MAYBE Haku. Should be pretty easy as long as you don't get orb trolled.

I ran it again just now and walked through the dungeon. I basically just screwing around knowing it was so basic yesterday and had some bad luck. Paid attention today and he was gone with Horus/Horus in 11 turns. Still kicking myself over that 100 stam loss.

Jonsoncao

Banned
My haku is fully awoken. Have a Grodin I never use because I run mostly dark teams and I don't have either sonia nor metatron. What's GrOdin's use? I have a few teams I use mostly SoD Luci team, Haku team for spikes and batman for grinding easier dungeons. Maxed out my vamp, CDK and and Drawn joker.

I have a Ra, Parvati, AA Michael, Fryer, Yamato, that along with GrOdin never get touched. I have most of the role players for other mono color teams but they aren't leveled at all and my dark team is pretty much set. Not sure what to do with these guys.

I found GrOdin extremely handy in challenge mode. GrOdin fits in some multicolor spike team as well IMO.

ccbfan

GROdin is a great stat stick with some useful awakenings. Also, once you awaken him, you can run 2x GrOdins for a lot of dungeons, which is pretty fun although its slow.

My super easy KOG team is

GrOdin
Hera IS
Zeus
Dark Ancient Ripper
Light Ancient Ripper

GrOdin

Takes a long time but no danger what so ever. I use it mainly for situations I really need the exp to level. When they upgrade Neptune, I might use that instead of Light Ancient Ripper.

Kreed

My super easy KOG team is

GrOdin
Hera IS
Zeus
Dark Ancient Ripper
Light Ancient Ripper

GrOdin

Takes a long time but no danger what so ever. I use it mainly for situations I really need the exp to level. When they upgrade Neptune, I might use that instead of Light Ancient Ripper.

I was wondering how this team worked against Zeus without an additional heal awakening but I realized your Zeus/Light Ripper just needs one Awakening to drop Zeus attack further.

Jinko

There's no such thing as "maximum mitigation" in PAD, so if you've got the patience, this is a super viable option.

So how does that work, you would have 100% defence/resist ? (or a 160%, except there is no such thing)

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work, its the same reason when you have 2 Drawn Jokers which are 50% you only get 80% mitigation.

I would gladly be proven wrong as it would be my new go to team for almost everything.

Kreed

So how does that work, you would have 100% defence/resist ? (or a 160%, except there is no such thing)

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work, its the same reason when you have 2 Drawn Jokers which are 50% you only get 80% mitigation.

I would gladly be proven wrong as it would be my new go to team for almost everything.

You divide the damage by 80%, and then you divide the damage by 80% again.

Top Bottom