• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

there are so many 1.5x drop rates....

Been having bad luck with Pendgras today, 3 in 2 runs so far. The increased drop for normal dungeons goes all week, right?

What did I miss here?
There was a Twitter survey for the next farm mob after MSK, MLK, MDK, Naga, MFK. Final standings were Pierdra, Red Chaser, Dark Lady. They also announced that Dark Lady, who skills up Persephone will be a rare appearance in the Pierdra dungeon because of her 3rd place finish.

I think I will be running the Legendary Green Dragon dungeon a ton. But then they throw in 1.5x drop rates for every other dungeon and now I am torn lol. With my small pool of 57 stamina, think I will have to be smart with what I run each day.

For the conditionals, I usually bring orb changers and dual element monsters. And for Oceans of Heaven, I do the last dungeon since it's 10 rounds (you just need to be prepared for Neptune's defense).

Don't know what monsters you have access to, but Two Heroes is doable with a mono red team as long as it's x4 attack and you have either red orb enhance and/or flame element enhance (you can farm Clash of Clans for a Flame Archer). For Goemon you could do x4 HP on legend with mono red.
If i get some more beef/exp it should ne better,
ATM i go with ares,echidna, horus, titan, pkh..
So i basically nave to look for an Ares friend or for a plain horus forbtwo Heroes AMD for an evolved Ares or 2xhp to red for goemon..
Rest of descended are out of my league ATM right?

So i basically nave to look for an Ares friend or for a plain horus forbtwo Heroes AMD for an evolved Ares or 2xhp to red for goemon..

These descendeds? Probably.

Zues requires a dark team for ghetto lots of stone run, and you need a heavy duty spike team to do 0-stone.

Zues-Dios I can't do.

Satan, - A Ra team can do this without a lot of difficulty (partially because it has no heart orbs), Still might be a 1 stone run due to preemptive attacks.

Goemon - Legend can by done with a Mono-Blue team (requires 4x hp) though if you have a bad turn against mitsuki you will get bound and stoned.

two Heroes - an old strategy is a Triple resist team, Fortoytops, Green Mythic dragon, or Dark Ceres and either megalodoran or Abyss Neptune. you need triple resist (Dark, blue and green) and the higher your dark resist the better you would do against the vampires. with this team since you have no ATK up Attributes, you can add in whatever you need to deal with highlanders ridiculous Defense.

Radav

Parvati maxed out!

I think I'm going to spend a majority of my time just running normal dungeons during this event trying to collect up +eggs. I'll probably alternate between the OoH and Starlight Sanctuary.

I just added 15 slots to my friends list if any of you play Kirin or Byakko a majority of the time I'd like to add you to my friends list. My ID # is 396,139,295

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm like 3 or so dungeons above the castle of Satan. Where should I farm ice golem? I'm doing the first thing of sea cave mercury, is that good?

StMeph

Looks like time to pick up a second Zeus with the incoming two-option busty.

I want to skill up Freyr, but XPing and evoing CoC is such a pain. =/

Just to make sure, you aren't using Horus as a mono red leader right?
Looks like time to pick up a second Zeus with the incoming two-option busty.

I want to skill up Freyr, but XPing and evoing CoC is such a pain. =/
More like an extra 4. Gotta awaken him!

I'm like 3 or so dungeons above the castle of Satan. Where should I farm ice golem? I'm doing the first thing of sea cave mercury, is that good?
At your current progression yes, but if you can punch your way through Normal dungeons until you hit Oceanus Falls - Whirlpool in Basin you can farm Ice Golem there while also taking advantage of one of the best sources of rank XP in the game.

Wow, just read about Challenge Mode on FB.
- Unlocks after Castle of Stan
- Each cleared dungeon will also have a challenge mode
- Asides from your leader, all party members (friend leader AND subs) must be picked from your friends list
- No continues
- Magic stone for clearing

That shit's crazy and reminds me of hard mode dungeons in MMOs. Wonder if they'll buff the difficulty while they're at it.

These descendeds? Probably.

Zues requires a dark team for ghetto lots of stone run, and you need a heavy duty spike team to do 0-stone.

Zues-Dios I can't do.

Satan, - A Ra team can do this without a lot of difficulty (partially because it has no heart orbs), Still might be a 1 stone run due to preemptive attacks.

Goemon - Legend can by done with a Mono-Blue team (requires 4x hp) though if you have a bad turn against mitsuki you will get bound and stoned.

two Heroes - an old strategy is a Triple resist team, Fortoytops, Green Mythic dragon, or Dark Ceres and either megalodoran or Abyss Neptune. you need triple resist (Dark, blue and green) and the higher your dark resist the better you would do against the vampires. with this team since you have no ATK up Attributes, you can add in whatever you need to deal with highlanders ridiculous Defense.
Well for highlander can i go with a Shiva sub (or lead, i have Shiva ad well) and then Ares dire orb skill, Shiva active and go nuclear?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
- Asides from your leader, all party members (friend leader AND subs) must be picked from your friends list
- No continues

That shit's crazy and reminds me of hard mode dungeons in MMOs. Wonder if they'll buff the difficulty while they're at it.

Interesting way of getting you to spend stones to expand your friends list, ha.

linsivvi

Interesting way of getting you to spend stones to expand your friends list, ha.

Is it really beneficial to expand your friend list though? Unless they add a minimum number of friends, the easiest way to break this is to only have 5 friends of your choice. People can form "challenge groups" just to tackle a dungeon together.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is it really beneficial to expand your friend list though? Unless they add a minimum number of friends, the easiest way to break this is to only have 5 friends of your choice. People can form "challenge groups" just to tackle a dungeon together.

I'm selective with my friends, and even at 130/130, I still find people running worthless leaders. It's not as easy as we'd like to think to get a legit group together. On top of that, show me someone who runs a max level Echidna as lead. That's SUCH an important sub, but as a lead?

The dungeons will be interesting. I guess we'll need more details to figure out how to make it work with leads.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Any chance someone can put up the 80 percent damage reduction Odin for me tomorrow? I really wanna get my first rainbow keeper to super evolve my Neptune.

So 12.25x all satan teams, 9x all Valk Rose teams, Maybe massive HP/RCV all Luci teams... Ridiculous Ra/Horus/and Kirin teams

I'm really not seeing the challenge...I wonder if you will get Pal points if you are used?

StMeph

I'm selective with my friends, and even at 130/130, I still find people running worthless leaders. It's not as easy as we'd like to think to get a legit group together. On top of that, show me someone who runs a max level Echidna as lead. That's SUCH an important sub, but as a lead?

The dungeons will be interesting. I guess we'll need more details to figure out how to make it work with leads.

I feel like that's the easiest part to manage, especially with what we have here in the GAF thread.

The best way to manage it would seem to be to organize a static group of 6 people. Others in the friendlist can certainly use your posted leaders as subs too, but the core function is to rotate between the 6 people so that everyone gets a shot to run it with their chosen leader. Refresh together as needed, etc.

Went 0/8 on toytops skill ups and 0/3 on CDK skillups I didn't commit on the last event. Didn't care because I did get the last skillup on my Venus, which is more important than the above skillups (still have 27 cactuses to use over time, and I will not be using toytops as a sustain creature but as burst DPS alongside Chu Cu).

Persephone skillups sound horrible in the new survey dungeons, which sucks given her likely switch to D/R after her new evo and likely typing to Devil status. I can get behind Pierdrawn skillups-makes both astaroth and lucifer based grind teams get another pile of RCV. Hopefully Dark Lady won't be as rare as I am worried it will be out of that dungeon.

Giard

Only got crap (except for a Lil' Blue Dragon) from the PAL egg machine event. I used 13 pulls. A friend got a Tamadra, Dub Amelit, Lil' Black Dragon and a Mystic Mask in 10 pulls.

=(

Only got crap (except for a Lil' Blue Dragon) from the PAL egg machine event. I used 13 pulls. A friend got a Tamadra, Dub Amelit, Lil' Black Dragon and a Mystic Mask in 10 pulls.

=(

I find that the King chance out of the PAL machine yeilds better / more useful results. Later on the event it will flip to kings ,so just roll the rest of your PAL rolls then.

Giard

I find that the King chance out of the PAL machine yeilds better / more useful results. Later on the event it will flip to kings ,so just roll the rest of your PAL rolls then.

I need evo materials a lot more than exp, but I guess I'll try waiting. Thanks.

Goroh

So, my team sucks and i really want a naga from the event when in comes. The echidnas at the end 2shot me, and i do not have a meteor dragon to halve the damage. Is there a way for me be able to farm it on expert by friday? >_>

Dunlop

At your current progression yes, but if you can punch your way through Normal dungeons until you hit Oceanus Falls - Whirlpool in Basin you can farm Ice Golem there while also taking advantage of one of the best sources of rank XP in the game.

I literally just unlocked Oceanus Falls on the train ride to work...what should I be doing here?

does Thursday count? :D

J0dy77

I think it's too early to make assumptions, who knows what the stipulations and difficulties will be. I was half joking about the Valkyrie comment but that team would crush so much content and from the 24 Valkyries I had on my friend list, shouldn't be hard to field.

I think Gungho's intention is to have the community sites collaborate on these events. In game messaging and our thread will be key for just asking people to put up a certain player for a run. I kind of like it.

Skillup report:
I&I maxed
Parvati to SL6 until I can get more cacti evolved
Venus ECO Tiny maxed, lol

Good event and it's only been four hours. Now that I&I is maxed I have four stacks of crabs with no more purpose, sell them cause I don't want to pump in the EXP to evolve them or attempt to skill max a crab?

If it were me, I'd try to keep one and max skill it. But eh, Groove coaster will be back one day right? It better be, just so that I can see the cool backgrounds that we missed out on the first time around.

Where is the best spot to farm for dragon flowers? Don't really want to do anything else except evolve all my ECO mobs, and I don't want to wait until Thursday. Thoughts? Tower of Giants?

I literally just unlocked Oceanus Falls on the train ride to work...what should I be doing here?
Most of the -3 stages in that tier of dungeon: Hyperion Lava Flow - Lava Tube, Oceanus Falls - Whirlpool in Basin, Kronos Forest - Gate to the Mystic Land give a lot of EXP per stamina and have the appropriate elemental golem as a subboss. Way better EXP/stam than Tower of Giants plus Golem drop.

Dark Lady appearing as a rare mob in Twitter Dungeon seems more like a booby prize than anything; in Nebra Disk the evolved form has two guaranteed spawns on floors 1 and 5 and the unevolved form spawns throughout. Don't sweat being unable to grab one while you farm up Pierdra.

honestly we literally all could throw up final evo bastets and clean the clock with just about everything. With max awakenings that team has like a day and a half to make matches or what not.

Pacman2k

Having an awesome morning so far.

Got a double mask run from OoH, busty and max skilled my toytops, got a couple skillups into drall, and a skillup into venus.

Not sure if its worth running CoC for Freyja skillups... that's all I can get out of there...

Well max skilled my Fortoytops, both Parvatis, Yomi, and need 1 more skill-up for Flare Drall. I just need to farm for Dragon Plants and red Sprites. I have plenty of Salamanders. Thank goodness for 1.5x Normal dungeons. Only got 1 skill-up on Loki from the very few Dumptys that actually showed up. I considered skilling-up Lakshmi at one point before my I came to my senses. Don't need anything from the CoC dungeon, so that's a relief. I'm just miffed that GH put Goemon on Thursday, while there's nothing scheduled for Wednesday. I want to skill-up Goemon AND farm for Plants, dammit!

For me, it would be an all Hera-Ur team. She's supplanting Valk as the most popular now.
That didn't sound right to me, and thought maybe I missed some huge shift in PAD trends, so I checked out my friends list.

1 Hera-Ur
70 Valks

Nope. Things are as they normally are.

That didn't sound right to me, and thought maybe I missed some huge shift in PAD trends, so I checked out my friends list.

1 Hera-Ur
70 Valks

Nope. Things are as they normally are.
Maybe it's just my friend's list, then. Or maybe it's a trend among people near my rank (low 200s), since I have to scroll through a bunch of them before I see much else.

Kreed

- No continues

You forgot one (important) bullet point:

-Only your own leader skill is active

Zero_IYAD

Guh, not a single Mystic Mask sighted in OoH in 5-10 runs.
Tho am getting a + egg once or twice every run & the EXP isn't bad at all.. Can't complain.

Double Luci team as awesome as usual, cleared Master CoC Dungeon with no difficulties & waiting for stamina refill to try on Legend.
Is the P.E.K.K.A a must have? I seem to have terrible luck with these invading monsters :|

Edit: Got 60 Cacti, 20 are Max levelled & waiting for plants day to evolve them.
Gotta skill up Parvati *^*

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Guh, not a single Mystic Mask sighted in OoH in 5-10 runs.
Tho am getting a + egg once or twice every run & the EXP isn't bad at all.. Can't complain.

Double Luci team as awesome as usual, cleared Master CoC Dungeon with no difficulties & waiting for stamina refill to try on Legend.
Is the P.E.K.K.A a must have? I seem to have terrible luck with these invading monsters :|

No - PEKKA is not a must have.

The biggest thing you really need to farm there is a CoC Healer. Max skill her.

PEKKA is a dark resolver, which might be useful sometimes but not for anything specific. Her (PEKKA is apparently a she) active lets you use two Lucifer nukes without having to take a turn to heal back up, but you're giving up a slot on your team to allow that.

PEKKA is a dark resolver, which might be useful sometimes but not for anything specific. Her (PEKKA is apparently a she) active lets you use two Lucifer nukes without having to take a turn to heal back up, but you're giving up a slot on your team to allow that.
It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the 0 RCV. PEKKA has decent stats otherwise.

Top Bottom