• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

So how does that work, you would have 100% defence/resist ? (or a 160%, except there is no such thing)

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work, its the same reason when you have 2 Drawn Jokers which are 50% you only get 80% mitigation.

I would gladly be proven wrong as it would be my new go to team for almost everything.

It's multiplicative, not additive.

If you have 2 Drawn Jokers, you got 75% damage mitigation (100 damage becomes 50 then becomes 25).

If you have 2 GrOdins, you got 96% damage mitigation (100 damage becomes 20 then becomes 4).

StMeph

So I've been kind of burned out on PAD and only log in every now and then. Without paying much attention to the recent events, I suddenly find myself with 4x Tamadra (wat). Any suggestions to use them on?

Satan, G. Odin. R. Sonia? I would also like to busty Horus, but still haven't successfully tackled Twinlits. Save three for Horus?

Tobe

was someone able to see how the sync to padherder, ive been asking for this feature for a long time. goddamit that would be so helpful.

also just evo'ed bastet. i dont have that many evolutions to go. probably grodin is the last one that its worth it.

now is only a matter of farming tamas :/

J0dy77

So I've been kind of burned out on PAD and only log in every now and then. Without paying much attention to the recent events, I suddenly find myself with 4x Tamadra (wat). Any suggestions to use them on?

Satan, G. Odin. R. Sonia? I would also like to busty Horus, but still haven't successfully tackled Twinlits. Save three for Horus?

You guys are seriously depressing me... please stop this trend. :(

It depends on who you really want to use. The .5 second on Horus is huge and if you would use him a lot I think it's worth it. R. Sonia seems like a good choice as well if you plan to use her.

I was having a similar debate and not sure where to put mine. Leiland was one choice for the three + drops or Venus for the skillup on Valk team.

linsivvi

Save all 4 for Horus, because there'll be a fourth awakening later.

shinjijai

was someone able to see how the sync to padherder, ive been asking for this feature for a long time. goddamit that would be so helpful.

been trying to figure out what to do in game that will cause the game to send/receive inventory of pets... haven't figured it out.

Kreed

Red Sonia > Green Odin > Horus > Satan

Yeah. Dual GrOdin team gets me through Hera and Hero with zero stone. Any chance for Hera-Is?

Odin pairs well with Drawn Joker/Neptune sub Dark Element against Hera-Is Legend.

Ahh ok, got ya.

Guess I need to think about levelling this Odin, Super Emeralds tomorrow ^^

Remember, it's only on the first hit. So its great for normal dungeons that don't hit often but hit hard, but you get easily wrecked by multihits and people on 1 turn timers. Watching zeus hit you for like 1000 damage is pretty funny though.

shinjijai

probably new monsters? drops? i mean that has to sync in right?

got it working, as you said after you clear the stage, their servers send a packet back with everything in it (friends list, inventory, event stuff).

*Please note that I use pfSense to capture my packet, and Wireshark to view the packets.

If you look for HTTP/1.1 200 OK (text/html) packet from GungHo's server, you'll find the packet with
Code:
{"res":0,"friendMax":80,"friends":[{"v":2,"pid":32....
that's the JSON that padherdersync is looking for. Just right click on that packet > copy > byte > printable text only > paste it in a text file and save it.

now my padherder is updated (didn't touch it for over 10 months padherder)

yami4ct

got it working, as you said after you clear the stage, their servers send a packet back with everything in it (friends list, inventory, event stuff).

*Please note that I use pfSense to capture my packet, and Wireshark to view the packets.

If you look for HTTP/1.1 200 OK (text/html) packet from GungHo's server, you'll find the packet with
Code:
that's the JSON that padherdersync is looking for. Just right click on that packet > copy > byte > printable text only > paste it in a text file and save it.

That seems doable. I just manually added everything to PADHerder, but this could definitely help a ton later on. Too bad PAD doesn't have some sort of API that just allows this automatically.

Code:

awesome for this. Thanks. I'll try it tonight.

Jinko

What issues are you having in getting this to work?

I have set up a wifi hotspot and connected to it, but when I add the filter http.host == api-na-pad.gungho.jp to wireshark its bringing up nothing.

Duno what I'm doing wrong, im not that technical to be honest lol.

Is there any other filters I can use ?

Hige

Yikes, the last few pages are kind of depressing for someone who just started playing last weekend. I managed to get Horus as my starter after 6 rerolls, which seems freakishly lucky. I only got in one more pull before the godfest was over and got a green Odin, so not a bad start at all!

I find myself comparing it to Pictlogica a lot, though. I'm rubbish at match 3 games, and using Horus as my leader means I'm spending a lot of time trying to plan that perfect route to activate the 4x bonus. So I find the dungeons to be kind of a slog. Pictlogica isn't quite as strategic, since you can only plan which enemy to target, when to use spells, and the order your characters attack. But it's more focused on speed, since the longer you take to complete the 5x5 puzzles, the more your limit break bar drains. I feel like the dungeons have a more pick-up-and-play feel to it than PAD's pacing. With PAD it feels like I have to dedicate more time to play, but maybe it's my inexperience with the genre that's making it feel that way.

Another big issue I can foresee is the stamina meter. I'm only like rank 12 in PAD so far so I rank up before I can use up all the stamina, but reading about how carefully people are planning their attempts and managing their stamina usage is interesting. I couldn't fathom using gems to refill the stamina meter on Pictlogica. I'm rank 50 with 288 stamina, and the highest dungeons might cost 50 stamina or so, but there's a special event running right now with a 100 stamina dungeon. However, the recharge rate is much faster at 3 minutes per stamina, so I don't feel that let down if I fail.

I'm still giving PAD a test drive so I'll see how it goes. I'm getting better at spotting combos, but it's not pulling me in as much as Pictlogica has. PAD has a lot more content available, so there's a lot to take in and explore. Plus it's nice not having to use google translate on 2ch and Japanese wikis in order to understand the game lol. I have no idea why they haven't translated the game into English, but I've been getting the impression from 2ch that the game might not be doing too hot in Japan. I guess that's why. :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yikes, the last few pages are kind of depressing for someone who just started playing last weekend. I managed to get Horus as my starter after 6 rerolls, which seems freakishly lucky. I only got in one more pull before the godfest was over and got a green Odin, so not a bad start at all!

I find myself comparing it to Pictlogica a lot, though. I'm rubbish at match 3 games, and using Horus as my leader means I'm spending a lot of time trying to plan that perfect route to activate the 4x bonus. So I find the dungeons to be kind of a slog. Pictlogica isn't quite as strategic, since you can only plan which enemy to target, when to use spells, and the order your characters attack. But it's more focused on speed, since the longer you take to complete the 5x5 puzzles, the more your limit break bar drains. I feel like the dungeons have a more pick-up-and-play feel to it than PAD's pacing. With PAD it feels like I have to dedicate more time to play, but maybe it's my inexperience with the genre that's making it feel that way.

Another big issue I can foresee is the stamina meter. I'm only like rank 12 in PAD so far so I rank up before I can use up all the stamina, but reading about how carefully people are planning their attempts and managing their stamina usage is interesting. I couldn't fathom using gems to refill the stamina meter on Pictlogica. I'm rank 50 with 288 stamina, and the highest dungeons might cost 50 stamina or so, but there's a special event running right now with a 100 stamina dungeon. However, the recharge rate is much faster at 3 minutes per stamina, so I don't feel that let down if I fail.

I'm still giving PAD a test drive so I'll see how it goes. I'm getting better at spotting combos, but it's not pulling me in as much as Pictlogica has. PAD has a lot more content available, so there's a lot to take in and explore. Plus it's nice not having to use google translate on 2ch and Japanese wikis in order to understand the game lol. I have no idea why they haven't translated the game into English, but I've been getting the impression from 2ch that the game might not be doing too hot in Japan. I guess that's why. :(

Don't get too discouraged. After playing the same mobile game for over 400 days, you start to take notice of the things that bother you personally. I have logged in 3 times today - once to get my morning gift and run one 50 stamina dungeon, once to refresh my login and burn another 50 stam, and once to run Rainbow Keeper and busty my Horus.

The game hits a weird spot when you start farming end-game dungeons. It starts to feel "samey" once you've seen all the content multiple times. What burns most of us farming end-game content is that the newest dungeons are absolutely broken in terms of difficulty. Trifruits and Twinlits aren't just hard, they're RNG hard. If the board was guaranteed to have at least 3 of every orb to start, I imagine it would help. But the way things are now, you can get completely screwed on your first board in these dungeons. And that's what burns.

There's a lot of things that have pushed some of us over the edge, but the introduction of crazy stupid content hasn't helped...

linsivvi

I have set up a wifi hotspot and connected to it, but when I add the filter http.host == api-na-pad.gungho.jp to wireshark its bringing up nothing.

Duno what I'm doing wrong, im not that technical to be honest lol.

Is there any other filters I can use ?

Try this one:

ip.src == 54.0.0.0/8 or ip.dst == 54.0.0.0/8 or ip.src==175.0.0.0/8 or ip.dst==175.0.0.0/8

Don't get too discouraged. After playing the same mobile game for over 400 days, you start to take notice of the things that bother you personally. I have logged in 3 times today - once to get my morning gift and run one 50 stamina dungeon, once to refresh my login and burn another 50 stam, and once to run Rainbow Keeper and busty my Horus.

The game hits a weird spot when you start farming end-game dungeons. It starts to feel "samey" once you've seen all the content multiple times. What burns most of us farming end-game content is that the newest dungeons are absolutely broken in terms of difficulty. Trifruits and Twinlits aren't just hard, they're RNG hard. If the board was guaranteed to have at least 3 of every orb to start, I imagine it would help. But the way things are now, you can get completely screwed on your first board in these dungeons. And that's what burns.

There's a lot of things that have pushed some of us over the edge, but the introduction of crazy stupid content hasn't helped...

Completely agree. Both dungeons are more about RNG than skill...and that's what gets frustrating. I didn't even attempt Trifruits and only ran Twinlits once or twice.

I still long in throughout the day, mostly to refresh though. We'll see what year 2 brings for PAD, hopefully something game changing in a good way.

J0dy77

Completely agree. Both dungeons are more about RNG than skill...and that's what gets frustrating. I didn't even attempt Trifruits and only ran Twinlits once or twice.

I still long in throughout the day, mostly to refresh though. We'll see what year 2 brings for PAD, hopefully something game changing in a good way.

I feel like I've been less frustrated by these dungeons than everyone else. I had some good success clearing twinlits (had a 6 for 6 run that basically got me everything I needed). I've been getting trolled in there ever since and will only go back if there is something new I need to evolve. Once you just fight through the BS, evo your mob, you can move on. I haven't run Twinlits the last two times and will only go back when they give the Chinese gods there Ultimates (have a feeling Haku is going to need darklit). Tri-Fruit I tried twice this weekend and moved on, don't need the drops and can get it another time.

The other side is the stamina cost, and I do agree it's bullshit but gungho has people creeping higher and higher up the stamina ladder. When we first started running Zeus we barely had 50 stamina. Now some can farm him 3 or 4 times without needing a refresh.

I agree that I really don't like this high cost RNG bullshit path they've been headed down (I can deal with each on their own but not in the same dungeon). But I wont get upset until they start adding this to the real descended dungeons.

I feel like I've been less frustrated by these dungeons than everyone else. I had some good success clearing twinlits (had a 6 for 6 run that basically got me everything I needed). I've been getting trolled in there ever since and will only go back if there is something new I need to evolve. Once you just fight through the BS, evo your mob, you can move on. I haven't run Twinlits the last two times and will only go back when they give the Chinese gods there Ultimates (have a feeling Haku is going to need darklit). Tri-Fruit I tried twice this weekend and moved on, don't need the drops and can get it another time.

The other side is the stamina cost, and I do agree it's bullshit but gungho has people creeping higher and higher up the stamina ladder. When we first started running Zeus we barely had 50 stamina. Now some can farm him 3 or 4 times without needing a refresh.

I agree that I really don't like this high cost RNG bullshit path they've been headed down (I can deal with each on their own but not in the same dungeon). But I wont get upset until they start adding this to the real descended dungeons.
I think evo materials, in general, need some work. Even the easy stuff, like Mystic Masks, are too rare and cost way too much stamina for their worth, and trying to grind out any set of materials is taxing and boring.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to having a hard (but not bullshit), 99-stamina dungeon with just all the good evo materials and have them be guaranteed to drop. At least it wouldn't feel like I'm wasting time when I run it.

coy

In desperate need for 5 Dark Keepers to evo the 3 Heras I have for awakenings. 3 RGB Keeper runs netted 0 appearances on FL5 so I went with the guaranteed RK route. I went 5/6 Light Keepers. Oh man, I do not miss that RNG in here. Also, no +eggs which is getting kinda ridiculous now after these runs and this weekend at OoH.

suko_32

How did you clear twinlits with that success rate again?

Tobe

ok i can through testing with 2x hp dtron and d/d bats ive found out i can handle at least everything with 18k hp. sure its almost imposible to get there without some leader skill or multiple +297's. but realistically i can get to 16k.

everything maxed without +'s

dtron
arthur
gryps
yomi
hanzo
dtron

gives a grand total of 14.5 k hp.

ive added a couple of +297 dtrons and thats 1k more hp. also im trying to max + dtron, thats another 1k hp. yup that would invincible.

im not counting heavy hp like ares (which i dont have) but i do have kagu and thats 1k above hanzo in the hp department.

edit: RODIN IS ATK TYPE WHAT?!! GODDAMN!

tr4656

For those of you on JP and need Chinese gods, the Sticker Girl REM with 4x Chinese god rate is active in the HK/Taiwan. However the saves can be copied between the two and will still work. Easy way to get some Chinese gods (and some sticker girls) and then move back to JP.

APK can be downloaded at: http://files.wmos.info/_/get/jp.gungho.padHT, doesn't check for root either.

20140219024942a0dppdr4gy734cih.jpg

Kreed

The art style doesn't even match the previous Echidna Ultimate in that fake.

New art for Wood Hera (probably another orb enhancer):

eozj78c.png

vddlXaF.png

J0dy77

How did you clear twinlits with that success rate again?

Standard Zeus/Zeus team with Echidna, Lilith, Valk and Verche. I just had strong luck on the first round, stalled enough for Echidna. If you get to that point the rest of the dungeon is free.

suko_32

Standard Zeus/Zeus team with Echidna, Lilith, Valk and Verche. I just had strong luck on the first round, stalled enough for Echidna. If you get to that point the rest of the dungeon is free.

Ah, I see. I guess I need to switch light leveling priorities to Zeus then if it's easier than my way. I've been doing it with Okuninushi/BastestorKushi, but it's all about if I can stall on that first floor or not.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

This is the problem. Why is it that a game about puzzle solving and such should rely so heavily on luck? Some RNG is one thing (like getting clutch heart cascades or whatever), but a bad starting board is so dumb and makes some attempts completely impossible.

Ah, I see. I guess I need to switch light leveling priorities to Zeus then if it's easier than my way. I've been doing it with Okuninushi/BastestorKushi, but it's all about if I can stall on that first floor or not.

honestly, levels don't matter a ton for Twinlits. I usually run with an underleveled Zeus and fail due to trolling more than lack of healing or HP

This is the problem. Why is it that a game about puzzle solving and such should rely so heavily on luck? Some RNG is one thing (like getting clutch heart cascades or whatever), but a bad starting board is so dumb and makes some attempts completely impossible.

My best RNG luck might be a complete Haku activation (all 3 colors) happening on a cascade with about 100 hp left.

razterik

Nope. Even with orb change, you can do too much or too little damage. And there is random sky falls.

Only way a first turn orb change works is if your team can handle second and third floors immediately. So far only seen Dark Tron teams do that. Been trying to brainstorm a Blue Sonia solution lately.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Would enough skill boosts for a first turn orb converter skills solve the twinlit RNG problems?

It would help in that you'd get more colors to work with, but...

Nope. Even with orb change, you can do too much or too little damage. And there is random sky falls.

This. The dungeon is very random. I get that it's supposed to be hard, but it's just weird how they went from stuff like Zeus Dios hard to this.

Kreed

I haven't been running the Twinlits dungeon seriously for that reason. I'm going to wait until we get the tweaked weekly version to see how much of a difference the reduced damage makes and try some other teams besides Zeus, but I agree, the dungeon would be much better if the first floor of monsters were on a one turn timer.

razterik

I haven't been running the Twinlits dungeon seriously for that reason. I'm going to wait until we get the tweaked weekly version to see how much of a difference the reduced damage makes and try some other teams besides Zeus, but I agree, the dungeon would be much better if the first floor of monsters were on a one turn timer.

Weekly version isn't really different. One less HP on the dubs and 10% less damage on their attacks. 200k/400k less HP on Twinlits. Haven't run it personally but I see nothing that makes a difference in overall strategy.

J0dy77

Yeah, I don't like this trend at all and have zero desire to run the dungeon unless I have a need for a twinlit. These dungeons are clearly designed to eat stones and have the high level players that have 150+ stamina

honestly, levels don't matter a ton for Twinlits. I usually run with an underleveled Zeus and fail due to trolling more than lack of healing or HP

Yup. Zeus levels aren't important since rounds 1-4 can be cleared with low 20's teams if you really need to. You just need to setup the board to burst the heck out of the Twins.

Weekly version isn't really different. One less HP on the dubs and 10% less damage on their attacks. 200k/400k less HP on Twinlits. Haven't run it personally but I see nothing that makes a difference in overall strategy.

Interesting, I didn't know there was a change. The dubs in round 2 are the biggest problem with this dungeon. Their 2 turn attack forces you to stall in round 1. Having less damage might make a 4X HP team viable.

Jagernaut

I stopped using Zeus for twinlits due to the randomness, it's hard to gauge how much damage to do without clearing the board. With DTron I have a better success rate, and when I skill up Hanzo it will be almost impossible to fail.

linsivvi

I run a rainbow Zeus team so I can always do enough damage in the first round. Even without light orbs I can just do 5 of a color and there should only be 1-2 enemies left. The problem is with crazy cascades that completely ruined my carefully calculated attack, and it happens so often that it's hard not to either spend a stone there or simply give up.

Top Bottom