• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jinko

Yea I have zero desire to run twinlit, I only have one monster that can use them right now and that Archangel and she can stay as she is lol.

If I ever get to the point where I need a lot of twinlits I will prob just quit instead.

The problem is that twinlits is the best place to farm tamadras. Given how tamadra starved the NA version is, it almost feels like we are forced to run that to get enough.

Kreed

Weekly version isn't really different. One less HP on the dubs and 10% less damage on their attacks. 200k/400k less HP on Twinlits. Haven't run it personally but I see nothing that makes a difference in overall strategy.

Orb trolling on the first floor wouldn't change obviously, but you could run a weaker team less likely to wipe out everything on the first floor since the HP requirements drop. I've seen an increase in the amount of teams being added by the Chinese Wikia's too since the dungeon adjustment.

The problem is that twinlits is the best place to farm tamadras. Given how tamadra starved the NA version is, it almost feels like we are forced to run that to get enough.

WAS. Will be changed to a babyTam instead of a full Tam.

The AI pattern is also changed in the weekly version of Twinlits to be more difficult to stall on 1F; they will choose to damage more often bind now.

What in the hell. This dungeon is straight up bullshit now.

Wait I worded that wrong sorry for the panic; they will still bind more often than attack but the chance for attack is higher than it was in the descended version. Previously they would only attack after failing the bind probability for all five colors individually but now it's... something else.

suko_32

Something I noticed a little while ago, but seems like water type leaders have fallen out of flavor. On my friend's list:

7/138 water on main
4/70 water on alt

Is it different for anyone else?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I know a few of you are eagerly awaiting for the announcement from Japan tonight, so I'll give you a tease and let you know that GungHo America will also be announcing something tonight, too, that I do believe a good majority should be excited for. A few gaming outlets already know the news and should be posting somewhere in the range of 4-6PM PST (depending on if they truly do post the info).

shinjijai

Something I noticed a little while ago, but seems like water type leaders have fallen out of flavor. On my friend's list:

7/138 water on main
4/70 water on alt

i can't roll a good water leader for the life of me =(... that's probably the only leader that i'm missing.

xCobalt

I know a few of you are eagerly awaiting for the announcement from Japan tonight, so I'll give you a tease and let you know that GungHo America will also be announcing something tonight, too, that I do believe a good majority should be excited for. A few gaming outlets already know the news and should be posting somewhere in the range of 4-6PM PST (depending on if they truly do post the info).

Thanks for the heads up. Has to be something pretty big if gaming outlets are gonna post the news.

Limit

In game PAD monster trading system confirmed.

7/138 water on main
4/70 water on alt

Mono colors in general seem to have faded in favor of Light or Dark as those colors don't have a weakness.

Less RNG?

Kreed

Good creativity on the Active Skill, can't use on a Devil team (or doesn't make much sense).

76% (+awakening) light resist is absolutely staggering. Thats almost GrOdin levels

If they make a monster with that type of resistance for every color that would bring dual resists back into serious play.

Good creativity on the Active Skill, can't use on a Devil team (or doesn't make much sense).

76% (+awakening) light resist is absolutely staggering. Thats almost GrOdin levels
It's gonna be 79% after the awakening buff, whenever that happens west side (it might have already happened?). 95.59% unconditional light damage cut is ridiculous.

Edit: wait a second, resist awakenings are applied multiplicatively after being added up, right? Still a 92% damage cut which is nothing to sneeze at. And that's not including other resist awakenings.

yami4ct

Hmmm. If game outlets know/care about it, than it's probably a PADZ localization. Interested to see what comes out of these announcements.

Glad to see Super King Emeralds up today. Will allow me to pretty easily get my Odin up to max level. Once I evolve and awaken him, making an Odin/Ama team to eventually take on Hera should be fairly trivial. Everything going according to plan so far. Very exciting.

linsivvi

7/138 water on main
4/70 water on alt

It's true in my case. I only have 50 friends and I used to run a water lead for random farming.

Now I don't do it any more because water leads have all but disappeared. When I do challenge mode with Horus, there are times where I can't even find a water sub at all and have to use D/U Vampire.

I tried the Mask dungeon (expert) a while ago with my Haku team (with a 2ND Haku for that Multiplier) but it wasn't enough to kill a mystic Mask.

Maybe I should build a resolve team and try my luck with that.

Narras

So excited to see what's everyone going to announce!

If they make a monster with that type of resistance for every color that would bring dual resists back into serious play.

Which means they're going to make dungeons where things drop RIDICULOUS damage on you, dual resist is going to be the only way. Still, that's just nuts.

It's gonna be 79% after the awakening buff, whenever that happens west side (it might have already happened?). 95.59% unconditional light damage cut is ridiculous.

Edit: wait a second, resist awakenings are applied multiplicatively after being added up, right? Still a 92% damage cut which is nothing to sneeze at. And that's not including other resist awakenings.

yeah that's crazy. You could basically run Zeus with that. Load up with Lucy + gravs. Damn.

J0dy77

In the 10 or so times I've cleared the dungeon I've gotten one tamdra. My primary team is awoken and I've had terrible luck with tamdras. I don't really need to Awaken many mobs. The overall strength of of Awoken skills is pretty underwhelming overall, most can be covered with enough + egg farming.

Wait I worded that wrong sorry for the panic; they will still bind more often than attack but the chance for attack is higher than it was in the descended version. Previously they would only attack after failing the bind probability for all five colors individually but now it's... something else.

I'd actually prefer this. Being able to still do damage and heal myself would avoid a ton of my wipes. The biggest problem I have is when all 6 mobs get locked out and I can't do @#$@.

Don't tease us, give us something. What gaming site is posting?

In game PAD monster trading system confirmed.

lol, I was thinking about this yesterday. Would love just one trade per year.

yami4ct

I tried the Mask dungeon (expert) a while ago with my Haku team (with a 2ND Haku for that Multiplier) but it wasn't enough to kill a mystic Mask.

Most lower level teams, even with a god leader, won't be able to deal with the mask dungeon. Best luck is with Resolve team or a Top Droidragon or Shiva friend. If you do go resolve, just make sure you save enough attack orbs between waves. You especially need to build them up before the Mystic round so you can kill both Divine masks before anything synch attacks you.

razterik

Is there a new date on the Eva 3.33 Blu in the US yet? If we are ever going to see the collab, that might be when. I wouldn't think the US would announce major game changes since we are always an update (or more) behind. So collab announcement here seems more likely.

New Hera seems okay. Not really any light only dungeons that can't already be done easier another way. Maybe useful for future dual color dungeon when paired with similar resist for a different color. Real question is whether it'll be easier to skill up Zeus-Dios here or in his own dungeon (haha, no).

Jinko

PADZ finally !!!!

HP teams are best for mask farming IMO.

So GH is going to bring mono-resist teams back into relevance after Luci/Luci effectively gave you 75% resist against any element? They must have new mono-color dungeons coming, because I can't think of any current dungeons that would need such a resist team. All the mono-Light dungeons are easily cleared with existing spike teams that don't need long drawn-out battles. And all the hardest hitting Light bosses are in multi-color dungeons where a Light resist team would get destroyed in the pre-boss battles.

I was just randomly thinking of some new features I'd like in the game. For one, let's have more uses for gold than simply paying to feed monsters. I'd like to be able to pay gold to convert +stats into different stats. Let's arbitrarily say 25K gold to change a +HP to +ATK. Or 100K gold to exchange an awakening on a monster for a TAMA.

I'd also like for skill-ups to transfer over like awakenings. Currently, whether you feed a monster with 2 awakenings to a monster with none or vice versa, you end up with a monster with 3 awakenings. Do the same for skill-ups. For example, if I'm skilling-up a Great Valkyrie and she's at skill level 3, then I pull a Princess Valkyrie from the REM, let me feed Great Valk to Princess Valk and carry over the skill-ups instead of needing to feed Princess to Great, wasting an evo stage. Or for another example going the opposite route, let me feed one of my dupe max-skilled Empress Echidnas to a regular Echidna for use in limited cost dungeons.

All those examples don't give anything for free, but just give us options for redistributing assets we already earned in-game.

Not true. I had a run recently on the Descended version where I had a "perfect" combo that left one Mythlit standing...and he just beat the shit out of me by attacking me for five rounds in a row. I couldn't even heal it back and just lost right there.

Regarding the new Hera: The skills and all that are interesting, I guess, but c'mon, another Hera variant? Other gods exist, too. That color and skill set would have been perfect for, say, Demeter. But no. Here's another Hera. Can't wait for Light Hera in a few months.

Jinko

I'd also like for skill-ups to transfer over like awakenings. Currently, whether you feed a monster with 2 awakenings to a monster with none or vice versa, you end up with a monster with 3 awakenings. Do the same for skill-ups. For example, if I'm skilling-up a Great Valkyrie and she's at skill level 3, then I pull a Princess Valkyrie from the REM, let me feed Great Valk to Princess Valk and carry over the skill-ups instead of needing to feed Princess to Great, wasting an evo stage. Or for another example going the opposite route, let me feed one of my dupe max-skilled Empress Echidnas to a regular Echidna for use in limited cost dungeons.

Or just give us black Tama's for skill ups :p

J0dy77

So GH is going to bring mono-resist teams back into relevance after Luci/Luci effectively gave you 75% resist against any element? They must have new mono-color dungeons coming, because I can't think of any current dungeons that would need such a resist team. All the mono-Light dungeons are easily cleared with existing spike teams that don't need long drawn-out battles. And all the hardest hitting Light bosses are in multi-color dungeons where a Light resist team would get destroyed in the pre-boss battles.

I was just randomly thinking of some new features I'd like in the game. For one, let's have more uses for gold than simply paying to feed monsters. I'd like to be able to pay gold to convert +stats into different stats. Let's arbitrarily say 25K gold to change a +HP to +ATK. Or 100K gold to exchange an awakening on a monster for a TAMA.

All those examples don't give anything for free, but just give us options for redistributing assets we already earned in-game.

I would really love to see some UI changes to the game that are sorely overdue. Make it easier to feed mobs. Make a + Egg bank so I can stop feeding to blobs or little devils. Make the friends list more robust so that I can see how many times I've used a friend and what their primary leaders are. Give us different artwork backgrounds for each dungeon, when you're making a billion dollars on a game the same mobs and dungeon artwork is just lazy. It's not like we're talking about in depth 3d levels here either. I like George's idea about different uses for coins as well.

I have other ideas about changing game play but know those won't happen. Let's see what they announce tonight.

ZeroAKA

It would be nice if GungHo could make the Monster Box more streamlined. Instead of having separate Power-Up Fusion, Evo Fusion, Sell Monsters, and Monster Box options, those could all be combined into one or two options. They could also add/move things such as the Monster Book to fill up the new empty space in the Monster tab.

Or just give us black Tama's for skill ups :p
I've been thinking about that too, but GungHo will probably continue to troll us with 2x Skill Up events.

Jinko

I would like to see evo fusion or a shop where you can trade in evo mats and money to convert them to something else.

For example trade in a Dub-Rubylit plus gold to transform it into a different colour or trade 1 of each dublit plus gold to transmute it into a Dub-mythlit.

Show us accumulative XP and levels when fusing. (I shouldn't have to resort to a website to calculate my XP)

Lets us select a main unit like in Tower of Saviors so friends aren't forced to use the one I'm currently using.

I agree that it's about time they started investing some of that money into this game to freshen it up a little.

New Hera seems okay. Not really any light only dungeons that can't already be done easier another way. Maybe useful for future dual color dungeon when paired with similar resist for a different color. Real question is whether it'll be easier to skill up Zeus-Dios here or in his own dungeon (haha, no).

I disagree, I found Crystal Skull Dragon a pain in the rear (primarily Luci teams are my go to for weekly trophy dragons), If I ever got an apollo this monster is EXACTLY what I would lead with to go for skill ups.

Kreed

If Gungho is willing to do this for Light Resist, they will do it for all the other colors. So mixing and matching these monsters with other 76% resist monsters/Odin/the leader swap monsters/etc... could open up some different ways to play the game.

There is the Silver Egg Machine that Gungho added art assets for a while back that supposedly may use gold instead of stones. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets mentioned tonight/we finally get details on that. Not the same thing as what you're suggesting but if they are already on that train of thought, then who knows.

Nista

Hooray, hope it's a good birthday present. :) It's probably PADZ, but it would be nice to get some quality of life UI and usability revamps for the ios game as well.

I still wish we could pay stones to trade monsters to other players. I could give my bf one of the 4 baby orochis I have sitting in my box.

I would really love to see some UI changes to the game that are sorely overdue. Make it easier to feed mobs. Make a + Egg bank so I can stop feeding to blobs or little devils. Make the friends list more robust so that I can see how many times I've used a friend and what their primary leaders are. Give us different artwork backgrounds for each dungeon, when you're making a billion dollars on a game the same mobs and dungeon artwork is just lazy. It's not like we're talking about in depth 3d levels here either. I like George's idea about different uses for coins as well.

I have other ideas about changing game play but know those won't happen. Let's see what they announce tonight.
All good thoughts. Interesting idea about a +Egg bank, though not sure how you envision that'd work.

Yeah, UI improvements are always welcome. One thing I've always wanted (though maybe not needed so much for myself anymore since I'm no longer doing nonstop farming runs) is to sort friends by time remaining, so that all unused friends are listed at the top and in ascending order of how much time you have left to use them. That way I wouldn't have to scroll past a bunch of friends that no longer give Pal points for the day when using a team like Kagu that doesn't care what helper I use. And I can use them in the order their timers would expire, so I don't use a friend with 5hrs use remaining over a friend that expires in 2min.

And give us SORT tabs like we have multiple team configs. So, you can quickly swipe between pre-configured SORT options instead of manually changing the sorting depending on what you're trying to do. Also, add the option to sort by monster number. I have no idea how that's not an option when it's the one unique value they assign to each monster. It would make it a lot easier for catalog purposes.

chrono01

As if I didn't have enough to be excited about [the Japan news/announcement], now I have this as well? Today is going to be a good day.

Thanks for this!

razterik

I disagree, I found Crystal Skull Dragon a pain in the rear (primarily Luci teams are my go to for weekly trophy dragons), If I ever got an apollo this monster is EXACTLY what I would lead with to go for skill ups.

Found your problem here, heh. But really, there are already lots of other options for handling the same content.

So, anyone in group D running emeralds? King rate seems broken. 12 runs and not a single king sighting.

This would be so broken with Trophy dragon awakenings... All of my best monsters would be awoken. Maybe at 1M gold, that amount takes about a day on 2x gold event weekends...

A while back I thought the same thing with Skill up transfers. My thought was a simple formula (Skill level -1)+(Current skill up modifier equation).

EDIT:
Found your problem here, heh. But really, there are already lots of other options for handling the same content.
I had other options, but most of them needing either a light lead that modified HP or RCV (Apollo, Thor, Artemis or Raphael), a really REALLY rough Green team (needing my Artemis and a Freya), or a Mono-Red team. Only having a Haku and Luci for Descended/trophy dragon options SUCKS for no Dark orb dungeons. Nobody runs those options, I was begging to have light leads that were not Zues/L Tron pop up...

There is the Silver Egg Machine that Gungho added art assets for a while back that supposedly may use gold instead of stones. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets mentioned tonight/we finally get details on that. Not the same thing as what you're suggesting but if they are already on that train of thought, then who knows.
Interesting. Yeah, a lot of these random thoughts could be premature and GH is already addressing a lot of stuff with their upcoming changes. Looking forward to see what's coming. Hopefully more stuff to improve the experience and less ways to get people to spend stones.

This would be so broken with Trophy dragon awakenings... All of my best monsters would be awoken. Maybe at 1M gold, that amount takes about a day on 2x gold event weekends...
Heh, you're right. I didn't put that much thought into it, but generally thinking of ways to redistribute assets without having to start from scratch on a new monster. Monsters of yesteryear that used to be great have been made obsolete, and would be nice to be able to redistribute some of their assets into a different monster. There are various ideas that people have, like letting us devolve all evo stages, not just ultimates. Or breaking monsters down into their evo mats, etc.. I know it would lessen the stones spent needing to do everything from scratch, but players would be less burnt out on the constant farming and thus maybe play the game longer.

I was just thinking about it, and I can't really imagine a dungeon setup where you would want a 92% super-resist team over a the usual spike team. The problem I think lies in the enemies' HP: if they have a reasonable amount of HP, a spike team can still take them out before they ever get to attack, but if you give them so much HP that a spike team can't just blast them all away, the super-resist team will take FOREVER to kill them, making the dungeon un-fun. The only real use case I can imagine would be to give monsters ridiculously-strong, multi-hit preemptive attacks that have to be resisted.

Personally, I think these are intended for Challenge Mode, since you only get one leader skill, and 50% resist or 2x HP/RCV sometimes just doesn't cut it. I think the same applies for monsters like D/D Anubis. 225x is nonsense for the game because the game would fall apart if any dungeon ever required damage like that, but 15x could be pretty crucial for later dungeons in Challenge Mode.

EDIT: With the way the game has evolved, I think what the early monsters need are a boost in--or addition of--a damage multiplier. Resist leaders, like Hades, could use a 1.5x-2x ATK multiplier in their leader skills, and others, like Loki, could just get a .5x boost in just ATK. 1x ATK just doesn't cut it anymore.

Top Bottom