• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Oh wait that's 4PM PST. Dang.

Lol I've done 2 pal machine and I got a king metal dragon and a tamadra xD

any suggestion on which monsters should I acquire to work well with Isis?
You want to cover all five colors to maximize the chances of activating Isis. Typical good subs are Echidna, who helps you stall, and any of the Heartbreakers, who turn "useless" hearts into things you can convert into damage.

Tobe

time to get a 3ds, KILLER APP. or you know hunter x hunter collab in the us????? eva collab????? FREE TAMAS? im hyped :)

razterik

Didn't post my final results earlier, but over 22 runs, I saw two kings with one drop. It's broken. I'd be more angry about it if I hadn't snagged a single Tamadra.

Kreed

Lol I've done 2 pal machine and I got a king metal dragon and a tamadra xD

any suggestion on which monsters should I acquire to work well with Isis?

Isis being a 3 orb match monster is incredibly versatile team wise as long as you can match at least three colors. When you get the opportunity to ultimate evolve her, you will have the choice of either evolving her to gain a healer subtype or physical subtype. This will allow you to increase Isis' attack further when paired with a team of Healers/Physical monsters and attack enhance monster (King Shynee for Healers or King Bubblie for Physical). So depending on the path you choose, you will want a more refined team of monsters based on those typings.

To start with, Echidna is your number one priority. She's useful on a bunch of teams in general, but having a delay monster is essential with most spike teams.

"Heart Breakers" (monsters that change heart orbs to orb colors) are also useful to you. The easy to farm ones being Vampire and Titan, both useful on multiple teams. The other three (Berserk, Highlander, Valkyrie) are also farmable from special dungeons but much harder to get, Valkyrie being the hardest and you probably won't get her for a while unless you're willing to throw stones at the dungeon.

You also want a good shield user for situations where you have to take some damage before you can finish off an opponent. The three golem monsters (Red, Blue, Green) are good for this and they provide you with more HP, although you only need one color on any team. You can also use Rainbow Keeper if you don't want to farm for them but he has high team cost for a beginning team.

Later in the game you will want to farm Hera for her Gravity (before Valkyrie, but only after you've cleared enough content and have the monsters capable of running the dungeon). And later Zeus/Hera-Is when those options are available to you.

There's more monsters but those are good for you to start with. Obviously I am excluding Rare Egg Machine monsters. If you are pulling for gods at godfests, you will want to look out for Susano (much better shield), Orochi, and Yomi (extra second of orb movement time fully awoken).

Isis being a 3 orb match monster is incredibly versatile team wise as long as you can match at least three colors. When you get the opportunity to ultimate evolve her, you will have the choice of either evolving her to gain a healer subtype or physical subtype. This will allow you to increase Isis' attack further when paired with a team of Healers/Physical monsters and attack enhance monster (King Shynee for Healers or King Bubblie for Physical). So depending on the path you choose, you will want a more refined team of monsters based on those typings.

To start with, Echidna is your number one priority. She's useful on a bunch of teams in general, but having a delay monster is essential with most spike teams.

"Heart Breakers" (monsters that change heart orbs to orb colors) are also useful to you. The easy to farm ones being Vampire and Titan, both useful on multiple teams. The other three (Berserk, Highlander, Valkyrie) are also farmable from special dungeons but much harder to get, Valkyrie being the hardest and you probably won't get her for a while unless you're willing to throw stones at the dungeon.

You also want a good shield user for situations where you have to take some damage before you can finish off an opponent. The three golem monsters (Red, Blue, Green) are good for this and they provide you with more HP, although you only need one color on any team. You can also use Rainbow Keeper if you don't want to farm for them but he has high team cost for a beginning team.

Later in the game you will want to farm Hera for her Gravity (before Valkyrie, but only after you've cleared enough content and have the monsters capable of running the dungeon). And later Zeus/Hera-Is when those options are available to you.

There's more monsters but those are good for you to start with. Obviously I am excluding Rare Egg Machine monsters. If you are pulling for gods at godfests, you will want to look out for Susano (much better shield), Orochi, and Yomi (extra second of orb movement time fully awoken).
thank you very much!
for Echidna is it better to find a Naga and evolve it? I'm using puzzledragonx to see where to find monsters

That reminds me of how I fed 19 leeks to Susano and couldn't get that last skill up.
I feel your pain (not with Susano, I have 3 max-skilled, but with other monsters).

I'm group A and only ran regular Emeralds twice to get the small Dragons I needed to evo a few Pengdras I got from challenge technicals and Pal pulls. I got a King and a TAMA. Satisfied.

BTW, what leaders would you guys prefer I leave up while I'm not playing? I've been leaving up my +274 Echidna lately, thinking people could use it for challenge mode. I'm really not concerned about Pal points.

J0dy77

I hope a good majority are happy!

Here's a thought I had on my ride home. I'd really like to see Gungho make this a more in depth game. Give us more normal dungeons, more tech dungeons. Build around the world like with PADZ instead of us clicking on Banners that don't carry much intrigue. I wouldn't mind seeing new normal content unlocked for $5 a set number of stones that gave "X" amount of dungeons with a story/theme and the chance to farm a solid mob at the end of the run.

That's my guess for tonight's announcement. And give me the damn UI changes. lol

Jagernaut

I would love to see Blue Odin, Andromeda, or Siegfried. Nobody trying to run Red Pirate this week, it seems.

I have a max lvl and max awakened BOdin (no plus eggs) if you need it. I completed all levels of red pirate and got the red chaser so I don't need to run it again.

Kreed

thank you very much!
for Echidna is it better to find a Naga and evolve it? I'm using puzzledragonx to see where to find monsters

Please excuse my monster names. When I say Echidna, I mean her entire monster line (same goes for all the other monsters I mentioned). For monster farming you normally will get their previous/first evolution stage, so in this case you will only get Nagas from fighting Echidnas unless you pull an Echidna from the Rare Egg Machine (which you do not want to happen as that's a waste of 5 stones).

Tobe

SCARLET PRINCESS IS BACK (no 2x skill up time to save some space guys)
*Weekend Legends*
[Duration]: 2/21 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 2/23 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

Some of the sturdiest heavy-hitters are descending this weekend! Defeat them in battle, and share your tales of conquest!

2/21 - Heroes Descended
2/22 - Satan Descended!
2/23 - The Thief Descended!
2/22 - 2/23 - Scarlet Snake Princess

As a bonus for this special weekend, *1000 Pal Points* are being awarded to players each day!

yami4ct

Ran the Super Emerald dungeon 3 times (1 stone, 1 Lvl Up) and had super bad luck. Only one Super King. Oh well, the Supers, Kings and that Super King that dropped still got my GrOdin to max level, so mission still accomplished.

Scarlet Snake Princess Weekend? Yay! I know what I'm farming this whole time. Not sure how many to try and grab, but I'll get as many as possible. Would adore a skilled up echidna.

suko_32

Ran the Super Emerald dungeon 3 times (1 stone, 1 Lvl Up) and had super bad luck. Only one Super King. Oh well, the Supers, Kings and that Super that dropped still got my GrOdin to max level, so mission still accomplished.

Scarlet Snake Princess Weekend? Yay! I know what I'm farming this whole time. Not sure how many to try and grab, but I'll get as many as possible. Would adore a skilled up echidna.

Ran it twice and first run only a king.

Second run: 2 Supers and King.

yami4ct

Yay, maybe I should just throw away all those metal dragons.

My box is super clogged with rare evo materials and gold dragons. That means I need to either clear the masks and guardians I don't immediately need or use stones to increase my box. Decisions, decisions.

Ran it twice and first run only a king.

Second run: 2 Supers and King.

My only Super King dropped on the boss floor of my first run. My other two runs only dropped the kings and I never got an invade. I am jealous of you.

razterik

I have a max lvl and max awakened BOdin (no plus eggs) if you need it. I completed all levels of red pirate and got the red chaser so I don't need to run it again.

I've got you on my list. That's perfect if you don't mind refreshing it every so often. I am still trying for Chiyome skill ups.

Nista

How do you guys use PADherder? Do you use Bulk Add?

I really want to update my PDX collection, but it's such a huge pain in the bum.

I added all my monsters manually. Keeping the levels updated is kind of a pain though.

I would actually like to run Pirate Dragon to get a chaser, but neither my Blodin or Sieg is high enough level to be able to clear Legend. Not sure what team I have that has a chance to clear it 0 stones.
is the chance of chaser invade high enough on master to make it worth farming?

yami4ct

Snakethesniper (and any other new players), farm Echidna/Naga from this event.

As someone who has an Echidna with no awakenings or skill ups, how many should I get? I know not to try and skill up until a 2x event, but how many on average would it take to get a fully skilled up Echidna?

I added all my monsters manually. Keeping the levels updated is kind of a pain though.

I would actually like to run Pirate Dragon to get a chaser, but neither my Blodin or Sieg is high enough level to be able to clear Legend. Not sure what team I have that has a chance to clear it 0 stones.
is the chance of chaser invade high enough on master to make it worth farming?
I think a Lucifer team with 4 gravities will be able to do it. I'm planning to run Legend twice this weekend with this team:

SOD Lucifer
Zeus Olympios (because I don't have Stratios yet)
DQ Hera
D/D Hades
Hera-Is
SOD Lucifer

As someone who has an Echidna with no awakenings or skill ups, how many should I get? I know not to try and skill up until a 2x event, but how many on average would it take to get a fully skilled up Echidna?
Get as many as you can; stop just before you feel the urge to throw your phone against the wall.

yami4ct

Get as many as you can; stop just before you feel the urge to throw your phone against the wall.

That's what I was expecting. Sad this comes the same weekend as Heroes Descended, which I kind of wanted to run. Oh well. Max skill echidna is far more important than any sort of heartbreakers.

Tobe

That's what I was expecting. Sad this comes the same weekend as Heroes Descended, which I kind of wanted to run. Oh well. Max skill echidna is far more important than any sort of heartbreakers.
Heores is pretty easy I think you can make it. If you need one of the heartbreakers. I really don't need then except maybe for awakenings. Buts that's way too much exp dumped into them. Where you here when we had poring tower? That dungeon was a godsend for skill ups. I maxed, valk, cu chu, berserk, siren. Got 3 skill ups on kagu that shit was great.

yami4ct

Heores is pretty easy I think you can make it. If you need one of the heartbreakers. I really don't need then except maybe for awakenings. Buts that's way too much exp dumped into them. Where you here when we had poring tower? That dungeon was a godsend for skill ups. I maxed, valk, cu chu, berserk, siren. Got 3 skill ups on kagu that shit was great.

I don't really need either of those heartbreakers immediately. It's more that I want them to potentially open up team options later. I'm sure I can clear it, but I think I'd much rather spend the stam on the Scarlet Snake Princess dungeon.

As for Poring, I was here but I didn't end up running it as I didn't have anything that would benefit. I am regretting that decision now.

muu

It took me 4~5 scarlett snake princess events using up all of my stamina during the runs to get a single echidna maxed. Spent a few stones in the last few times when I had more max stamina as well.

I'm burning most of my current stamina in hopes for a single red chaser, and holy shit that thing does not. show. up. Bartholomew would be max skilled if my skillup luck didn't suck so bad w/ him. Contrast that w/ my Freyja, who just turned max skill... and the only things she's been fed so far have been the CoC goblins I had kept and slowly used up! Freyja's not even evolved yet, just sitting there being pretty in my box. Woo RNG.

Tobe

It took me 4~5 scarlett snake princess events using up all of my stamina during the runs to get a single echidna maxed. Spent a few stones in the last few times when I had more max stamina as well.

I'm burning most of my current stamina in hopes for a single red chaser, and holy shit that thing does not. show. up. Bartholomew would be max skilled if my skillup luck didn't suck so bad w/ him. Contrast that w/ my Freyja, who just turned max skill... and the only things she's been fed so far have been the CoC goblins I had kept and slowly used up! Freyja's not even evolved yet, just sitting there being pretty in my box. Woo RNG.

i have a max skilled black baron :p

razterik

Collab will be updated, so we might see other skill ups beyond what is there already. Going to be some interesting Attacker changes coming with this.

Oh wow I completely missed the parts where they said stuff about the roll-up additions like new mobs and busties. Good shit.

Dungeon skills up Isis, FA Luci (who is now a monster with his forthcoming awakenings and active buff), and GrOdin it seems.

Guess this is cool. Can someone tell me why I care?

Oh wow I completely missed the parts where they said stuff about the roll-up additions like new mobs and busties. Good shit.

Dungeon skills up Isis, FA Luci (who is now a monster with his forthcoming awakenings and active buff), and GrOdin it seems.

holy. shit. What are his awakenings / active buff?

Top Bottom