• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

yami4ct

Yeah, I'm interested in learning more. >:)

Hope it comes to NA, though.

I suspect it will if only to ease the process of testing for the programmers. You don't want the versions to get too different. Maintaining two very different codebases is difficult.

Edit:
Looks like it's a candy crush style game. That makes a ton of sense to do. Let's hope the interaction with the main game is meaningful, because the lack of monsters in this game definitely cuts the strategy.

Woohoo.
5Pj1RLr.png

chrono01

I suspect it will if only to ease the process of testing for the programmers. You don't want the versions to get too different. Maintaining two very different codebases is difficult.

Edit:
Looks like it's a candy crush style game. That makes a ton of sense to do. Let's hope the interaction with the main game is meaningful, because the lack of monsters in this game definitely cuts the strategy.
That is very true.

It looks like a lot of fun.

yami4ct

Now we're onto the Eva Collab update. It's kind of funny to see the US actually get this announced first.

EDIT:

Man, Puzzle and Dragons Z is getting a McDonalds Happy Meal collaboration. If that doesn't speak to how huge this game is, I don't know what does.

xCobalt

Which of the Eva monsters are actually useful as part of a team? It seems like the only useful monster is the blue one with the lucifer nuke.

yami4ct

Well, that's it. Surprised that they led with the big announcement of W. That could be nothing or huge depending on how it interacts with PAD proper. We need more info.

Tobe

i knew unit 13 would need something from twinlits. ugh now to drop stones on that pos dungeon.

hum 3.5x for 80% hp or more on atk type. basically ltron for attackers.

Limit

The PAD addon game looked a lot simpler compared to PAD itself. I guess in a way adding this addon mode is Gungho's way of addressing the high stamina recharge timer that PAD is on. I am ambivalent about this mode until more info is revealed as to how stuff earned in this mode will carry over to the main game.

By the way, I really enjoyed the nico nico tech of having your chat messages scroll over the stream itself. Its super dumb.

Zero_IYAD

Glad we are getting Eva Collab
Maybe there is hope to see Hunter X Hunter Collab someday.
Tho am not planning to waste many stones on that REM.

Any short summary for the JP announcement?
Is PAD W a whole new game or just a new mode?

chrono01

Glad we are getting Eva Collab
Maybe there is hope to see Hunter X Hunter Collab someday.
Tho am not planning to waste many stones on that REM.

Any short summary for the JP announcement?
Is PAD W a whole new game or just a new mode?
Think of Puzzle & Dragons W as a mode to kill time in while your stamina refreshes in the main game. It's not a separate application but built into P&D itself.

Jinko

Well that was disappointing, eva is cool but I really have to curb my spending on this game.

Need more info on W and how it will tie in with the game, assuming we will ever see it In the west.

chrono01

Seeing Max Murai play makes me realize that I have a long way to go.

Edit - Sorry about the double post. For some reason I thought someone else had responded after me. :/

Jinko

Waits for Gold Keeper to be put behind some ridiculous stone sucking dungeon pay wall. (notice the Tamadra on his shield, hmmm, could it mean the dungeon will see Tamadra invades ?)

Those pics are pretty awesome though, art is definitely the best thing about this game.

Top Bottom