• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Quantum

Being a non-iap player I've been playing this game a little differently - I take long breaks on my main account and generally run when it best suits my stamina.

I can clear a few descendeds without stones and have generally pissed away my bonus stones on rolls which haven't gained me much.

on my second account I have been re-rolling looking for the "win" mob or something that changes the way I play the game.

its evolved into almost a 'challenge' mode of itself - since I haven't invested money in the game I don't really care about my second account and have been seeing how far I can go regardless of my roll in 24 hours - after the time period I delete and re-roll my account.

since the game is pure random anyway and for non-iap players ther is next to no reason to hold on to your account when you complete the normal dungeons other then to stroke your ocd - its become more fun and challenging to actually delete my account often to keep it fresh and interesting.

again - this is on my second account and I still have a stagnant primary account that is being used less and less.

Totakeke

Just shows they're just content riding that wave.

3.5x above 80% hp, should we even be excited? Can't think of any new possibilities that might bring.

Kreed

3.5x above 80% hp, should we even be excited? Can't think of any new possibilities that might bring.

It opens more options for Balanced/Physical teams, but the biggest problem with these two is that you will likely need a Gold Keeper to evolve them. And without even seeing the dungeon I know it's going to be the hardest of the new Evo material dungeons. So if you can actually beat that dungeon, you don't need a conditional x12.25 attack team.

Radav

I love the artwork for this new stuff. So that's great. As some of you mentioned already, I'm a little worried the gold keeper is going to be similar or worse then the twinlit/trifruit stuff which would probably be the last straw for me. I was hoping we'd get some announcement of new gameplay mechanics being added, new dungeon types something along those lines. More evolves for stuff that we've evo'd like 4 times already is interesting but not news worthy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Dress up mini game? That's the big announcement? /sigh

Wait, what?

E: Also, seeing a bunch of new monsters with the same leader skills and actives we're used to doesn't bode well for me and the future of PAD. They'll require the same Wednesday/Friday farming for materials + some new super hard material...

No you shouldn't be excited. Given the option of Valk or L.Meta...people will run Valk almost all the time.

I would know....no one uses my fully awakened L.Meta when shes' up.

SoD Lucifer gets another Evo.

nicholsonyes.gif

Hopefully they'll use all twinfruits, twinlits, and gold keepers.

Lilith has two ults.

Said no one ever.

Jinko

No you shouldn't be excited. Given the option of Valk or L.Meta...people will run Valk almost all the time.

I would know....no one uses my fully awakened L.Meta when shes' up.

Yup, Ltron has a pretty situational active which doesn't help tbh, unlike valk.

Edit:- Wood Hera looks pretty simple >.>, pre battles look harder lol.

Kreed

Yeah, I'm not sure what they'll do with Kirin, but I'm excited regardless [since I'm building the final components of her team now].

Probably the same thing they did with Ra. One version with a different colored sub element (hopefully green), and another version with a x6 or x7 multiplier for matching all colors (and/or Hearts.

And LOL @ Ultimate Mech Dragon. His ultimate better be amazing to require all the previous mech dragons.

Totakeke

Wait, it's not a guaranteed drop?

Not-Lakshmi is worth posting.
QymQ0hF.jpg

quin

wood hera sucks. if you match light orbs her hp regenerates for six turns.

I missed all the new ultimates. is there a list of them?

Kreed

wood hera sucks. if you match light orbs her hp regenerates for six turns.

I missed all the new ultimates. is there a list of them?

Siegfried Water/Light
Chu Chu Grass/Fire
Sasuke
Cerberus
Phoenix
Mechdragon (uses previous mech dragons)
Zaerog
Lilith Dark/Light
Lilith Dark/Dark
Siren
Plan

Also Kirin, SoD Lucifer, and Light Metatron were the winners of the "who should get Ultimates next" contest.

quin

Siegfried Water/Light
Chu Chu Grass/Fire
Sasuke
Cerberus
Phoenix
Mechdragon (uses previous mech dragons)
Zaerog
Lilith Dark/Light
Lilith Dark/Dark
Siren
Plan

Also Kirin, SoD Lucifer, and Light Metatron were the winners of the "who should get Ultimates next" contest.

thanks! Zaerog and Light metatron should be really interesting! Thats really strange that Chu is getting another ultimate. Next week will be fun!

how many dungeons did max beat?

J0dy77

Wait, what?

E: Also, seeing a bunch of new monsters with the same leader skills and actives we're used to doesn't bode well for me and the future of PAD. They'll require the same Wednesday/Friday farming for materials + some new super hard material...

Yup, more of the same. I'm really disappointed after seeing so many of our long term friends burn out this past week. When I hear "sweeping" changes thrown around I think completely different from dress up tamdra mini game.

The game is doing really well and is going to make money for a long time. But you're going to start to see a slow decline if you keep pumping out the same BS RNG dungeons and just continually keeping adding new evo materials and minor stat changes without introducing new mechanics. We've lost a handful of our most die hard players and biggest money spender in the last week. It's bound to keep happening everywhere without major change.

razterik

Not impressed by a bunch of novelty ultimates. Maybe a couple decent changes here. At least the streams and new art were entertaining.

Zero_IYAD

All these multiple ultimates are actually depressing me more than making me feel excited!
It feels cheap to give the same monster double ultimates.. Go snatch a 2nd one, skill it up/awaken it from zero all over again & grab those rare evo materials from the worst dungeons ever.
It was fun when they started introducing ultimates gradually & in a very limited numbers with much better stat boosts & big changes to their leader skills.
Now it's turning me off.

Am not even that excited for Ultimate SoD Lucifer to be honest.

All these multiple ultimates are actually depressing me more than making me feel excited!
It feels cheap to give the same monster double ultimates.. Go snatch a 2nd one, skill it up/awaken it from zero all over again & grab those rare evo materials from the worst dungeons ever.
It was fun when they started introducing ultimates gradually & in a very limited numbers with much better stat boosts & big changes to their leader skills.
Now it's turning me off.

Just wait until they introduce tri-color ultimate.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yup, more of the same. I'm really disappointed after seeing so many of our long term friends burn out this past week. When I hear "sweeping" changes thrown around I think completely different from dress up tamdra mini game.

The game is doing really well and is going to make money for a long time. But you're going to start to see a slow decline if you keep pumping out the same BS RNG dungeons and just continually keeping adding new evo materials and minor stat changes without introducing new mechanics. We've lost a handful of our most die hard players and biggest money spender in the last week. It's bound to keep happening everywhere without major change.

I hate that I'm losing interest in a game that a) I've spent a lot of money on and b) a LOT of time on (400+ days is a lot for one game). But mechanically, the game feels so stagnant. I don't care about 4x, 5x, 10x leaders. New orb changers or actives that grant 2x RCV for 1 turn? Critical dark attack? 50k damage to all enemies? Who cares at this point. I guess there's not much they can really do given the style of game.

And new monsters are just chasing the carrot. What purpose will they serve? The way the game has evolved, 1000 more HP or 500 more ATK won't be what it takes to survive. Hell, Trifruit enemies hit for like 1.6 million damage multi-hit. You CAN NOT survive that (unless you negate all wood damage or whatever).

Nonetheless, I am still logging to burn 50 stam on Red Pirate or Mech Dragon. But when I fail because of a lazy match, I'm done getting frustrated. I have a monster box that (not to brag) many players would dream to have. I wish there was some way to recoup some of my investment, but at this point, I'm just riding the wave.

StMeph

I hate that I'm losing interest in a game that a) I've spent a lot of money on and b) a LOT of time on (400+ days is a lot for one game). But mechanically, the game feels so stagnant. I don't care about 4x, 5x, 10x leaders. New orb changers or actives that grant 2x RCV for 1 turn? Critical dark attack? 50k damage to all enemies? Who cares at this point. I guess there's not much they can really do given the style of game.

There are some pretty strict limitations on what can be done with the game to keep it new/updated. I've spent a long time with PAD, and the urgency just isn't there anymore. New monsters/god aren't going to do it. New dungeons/game modes might, but even that turns into an endless churn. So what can be done? I don't know.

I think the barriers that have been set up for the RNG that teases players to get them to pay money/play longer have clearly worked. It's still hugely profitable, and it's hooked many of us to the game for a very long time. But those do eventually get tiring, and hitting the same walls only leads to burnout.

quin

I just recently hit my 300th day. I know it isn't as long as many of you but one thing I've come to realize is that a dungeon will always come around again. I used to buy stones like no one's business but now I only do the dungeons I need to do . When there are no dungeons I play casually (mostly for +eggs).

As nicoga3000 said. I too have a monster box that most would love to have. I have changed my goal to level up monsters. It can be slow and monotonous but it's so easy to do. The odds are a whole other story but in this game it benefits to be patient. I hate being patient but I have accrued many a max monsters because of this. Going non IAP has made me love the game even more.

There are some pretty strict limitations on what can be done with the game to keep it new/updated. I've spent a long time with PAD, and the urgency just isn't there anymore. New monsters/god aren't going to do it. New dungeons/game modes might, but even that turns into an endless churn. So what can be done? I don't know.

I think the barriers that have been set up for the RNG that teases players to get them to pay money/play longer have clearly worked. It's still hugely profitable, and it's hooked many of us to the game for a very long time. But those do eventually get tiring, and hitting the same walls only leads to burnout.

It would just be nice to see some more strategy taken when creating these dungeons. The power creep can only go so far, you know? Maybe something like a final boss that has 2 sub bosses that heal or inflict ailments or something. They need (hahaha 'need...') to start thinking of these dungeons like an RPG to get some more variety.

Things like :

Enemies that heal each other (not a ton like Carbuncle Cure)
Lock Skills
1/2 atk or RCV or something
Maybe a new subtype with lower attributes, but can cast multiple active skills.

I don't know.

saichi

The mini game is not too exciting... but I'm looking forward to ultimate evolve Lililth and LTron (first get a light sub element and now ultimate evolution!) Also looking forward to the 3 kingdom mobs - GH better not screw them up!

Kreed

Now it's turning me off.

Once Gungho started introducing Ultimates with and without new evo material I knew this would be the trend. Expect every existing monster to get an Ultimate with the new evo materials (the starter/gift dragons, the Knights, Titan, etc...).

Still, you can just reverse evolve the ones you currently have and evolve them with the new material if you really want them. No need to keep multiples unless you just want multiples of each/like collecting them all.

Ducarmel

I don't see why they have not expanded the rpg element of the game, I know its been wished/mention before in this thread like add quest, items, etc. I honestly thought the announcement would be that or at least they would implement other match 3 type game play you might see in bejeweled or candy crush.

Or even revamp the dungeons, the dungeons now give you a choice go left, right, or straight, some paths are easier some are harder, some give better loot some do not. Two types one that are fixed and can be put in a strategy guide for reference and a second type were the paths are randomly generated.

I don't see why they have not expanded the rpg element of the game, I know its been wished/mention before in this thread like add quest, items, etc. I honestly thought the announcement would be that or at least they would implement other match 3 type game play you might see in bejeweled or candy crush.

Or even revamp the dungeons, the dungeons now give you a choice go left, right, or straight, some paths are easier some are harder, some give better loot some do not. Two types one that are fixed and can be put in a strategy guide for reference and a second type were the paths are randomly generated.
Most of the stuff on your wish list is filled by PADZ, which is why I guess it exists.

I think we're underestimating their 'willingness' to make these changes because they are making absolute bank. They have almost 0 incentive to make changes when they are pulling in major amounts of cash.

Sucks for us, but it's probably true.

Jinko

To be honest there is a lot more they could have done with mini games and maybe they plan too who knows.

But they should have thought about adding a village or ranch system, even a training room for skill ups, there are so many things they could have added really.

I am unclear what benefits this mini game provides, if any cause I can't understand Japanese, maybe someone else can tell me, or is it just a way to waste time when you hit zero stamina. (cause if that's the case I can go waste time playing something else :p)

Kind of depressing that almost every PAD clone out there is doing something better, I wonder if these guys even play the competition or whether they are happy in their own little bubble.

Well, we're not the only ones quitting cause of recent events. Surely GungHo has telemetry that helps them deduce who is leaving and for what reasons (Twinlits).

Top Bottom