• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I hope ltron gets more shine once they release her busty. Then she'll get crapped on once dtron's comes out.

So, with Eva collabo finally coming stateside, is there still anything worth aiming for considering what we have access to now?

coy

I just realized Siggy is going to be a healer subtype due to King Shynee being there. That means the stats might not look too great...guess we'll see.

The presence of Flamie makes me think he could get an Attacker subtype. That could stir things up for Dtron, since you'd be able to stick him and Sasuke on her team and really be able to drill down water types.

EDIT: Sieg being a Healer is interesting for Ltron, too.

Gigas the Great has a Flamie, but Arcane Monarch Vampire Duke has a Bubblie. I am unsure which direction they'll go with Sieg or Chu when it comes to typing.

muu

HOLY SHIT I HIT A RED CHASER

I was starting to think those things didn't actually exist. Finally I can stop playing this stupid dungeon.

quin

does anyone playing the Japanese version want the new dragon neki from famitsu? I might be able to get 1 or 2 for you if you ask nicely!! He comes with +3

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1177

I sent out codes for all who asked!! please enjoy!!!

Part 2 of the Japan 2 year anniversary is out.

- 7 stones
- 7 tamadora
- Players choice Godfest to be announced later
- Reset of the present machine with Noel dragons instead of starter dragons! (amazing!) They call them the country set
- Gunma/ Princess Punt Collab
- Mech Dragon Rush
- Evangelion Collab
- Rare Evo materials in the PAL machine
-The usual 2x events

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/2nd_event2.html

Jinko

I never understood why L. Metatron is stuck at x3.5 when D. Metatron has x4 for her leader skill. It's not like there aren't other monsters that have x4 based on HP being full/above a certain percentage (Fagan, Hunter x Hunter monsters)

They need to give her an orb enhance skill + remove resist, giving her 6 x rcv for a monster that shouldn't rake damage is a bit odd, even if she is a healer type.
unless I'm missing something.

Totakeke

They need to give her an orb enhance skill + remove resist, giving her 6 x rcv for a monster that shouldn't rake damage is a bit odd, even if she is a healer type.
unless I'm missing something.

Against monsters that hit you every turn, you can never go back above 80% within the same turn to activate the multiplier unless you could heal yourself using abilities. It makes sense that way?

Of course, delays do the same thing.

Totakeke

Upcoming trap.

*Player's Delight - Carnival of Wonder*
[Duration]: 2/21 (Fri), 12:00 AM – 2/27 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

A new Carnival is rolling into town--it looks like it's going to be a good one! There's plenty of attractions, with both 6 ★ Gods and 5 ★ Ninjas and Fruit Dragons to see! These colorful Monsters arrive at above level 30!

The following Monsters have an increased chance to appear at the Rare Egg Machine this week:

6 ★
- God Series -
129 Love Deity Venus
133 Hino Kagutsuchi
137 Susano no Mikoto

- Valkyrie Series -
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

5 ★
- God Series -
124 Neptune
126 Ceres
138 Amaterasu

- Ninja Series -
563 Hattori Hanzo
561 Fuma Kotaro
559 Sarutobi Sasuke
557 Hatsume no Tsubone
555 Mochizuki Chiyome

- Fruit Dragon Series -
1084 Purple Sky Fruit, Grape Dragon
1076 Red Sky Fruit, Strawberry Dragon

*While other Monsters are still available, only these Monsters have the chance to appear at above level 30.

https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsOfficial?hc_location=timeline

Zero_IYAD

Just wait until they introduce tri-color ultimate.
I won't be even surprised.
Once Gungho started introducing Ultimates with and without new evo material I knew this would be the trend. Expect every existing monster to get an Ultimate with the new evo materials (the starter/gift dragons, the Knights, Titan, etc...).

Still, you can just reverse evolve the ones you currently have and evolve them with the new material if you really want them. No need to keep multiples unless you just want multiples of each/like collecting them all.
But it still feels bad reversing a monster you had for so long & wasting the evo materials :(

ku-xlarge.gif

no

J0dy77

I sent out codes for all who asked!! please enjoy!!!

Part 2 of the Japan 2 year anniversary is out.

- 7 stones
- 7 tamadora
- Players choice Godfest to be announced later
- Reset of the present machine with Noel dragons instead of starter dragons! (amazing!) They call them the country set
- Gunma/ Princess Punt Collab
- Mech Dragon Rush
- Evangelion Collab
- Rare Evo materials in the PAL machine
-The usual 2x events

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/2nd_event2.html

Thanks Quinn, worked. Take it there is nothing to do with this guy except feed for the +3?

Good point, sounds pretty good method to farm exp... on paper.

Yeah, really. Time to download JP on my iPad and power level to 20.

Jinko

Ran Heroes descended twice, spent 4 stones altogether and got both heroes, happy with that result.

Hope they bring the Noel dragons presents over here also.

quin

Thanks Quinn, worked. Take it there is nothing to do with this guy except feed for the +3?

Yeah, really. Time to download JP on my iPad and power level to 20.

Feeding it is probably the best, or you could make an army of noel dragons and/or keepers!! That is my plan!

Kreed

Good point, sounds pretty good method to farm exp... on paper.

If they don't do anything to prevent it, I don't see how it wouldn't be. The trick is pretty easy to perform now just to get all 5 starter/gift dragons on one account, but they aren't worth the effort anymore with the content changes, particularly since you can't control what you get. Obviously you could still get trolled if you're trying to get a certain color Noel Dragon for exp, but you're still getting 1.5 million exp per attempt.

J0dy77

Ran Heroes this morning for the first time in ages. Amazing how much the game has changed. I can't remember the exact team I used. Think it was an odin/healer team and having to chip away through all of Chu Chu's defense. Took me ages. This time, done in 7 turns with Horus.

Got the highlander I wanted. Debating if I should try for another Seigfreid. I fed away my lvl 70 max version not too long ago, didn't think they'd be revisiting these guys so soon. Bring on the BS RNG Gold keeper dungeon.

Feeding it is probably the best, or you could make an army of noel dragons and/or keepers!! That is my plan!

Just saw that he has 823 atk and RCV, that's pretty strong. Might hold onto him for a little while. 25 Team cost hurts though.

quin

Just saw that he has 823 atk and RCV, that's pretty strong. Might hold onto him for a little while. 25 Team cost hurts though.

The RCV is nice.

I'm watching the Max Murai 10 dungeon challenge I missed yesterday. Satan finished 4th and Haku finished 5th. I really hope they decide to include them sometime soon.

13 stones and a tamadora. All in all not a bad haul for the day

And hadel is a new monster type? Did i hear that correctly?

Anyone here play Brave Frontier? Just downloaded it for Android and got through the tutorial. Wondering if it's worth sticking with. Seems kind of simple compared to PAD

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone here play Brave Frontier? Just downloaded it for Android and got through the tutorial. Wondering if it's worth sticking with. Seems kind of simple compared to PAD

I'm playing it right now actually. I'm digging the concept. Add me if you'd like: 130812447

We can trade metal gods, too. Basically like Metal Kings or Super Metals.

Kreed

I think they banned people before for farming plus eggs this way, so I imagine they will be watching this closely.

Why would anyone farm plus eggs this way vs going through a dungeon? Did the gift/starter dragons have more than 1 plus egg on them?

Jinko

Yea I play it most days, agreed its very simple but does get a lot more difficult later on, the the main aspect of the game is team building and maximizing your skills, pretty much like PAD in that sense.

Add me if you want 65247546

Overall the game is a lot more user friendly than PAD, skills ups work that if you feed the same type (ie healer to a healer, attacker to an attacker and a booster to a booster) you will get a chance of skill up, so I just use my trash units to skill up my main ones.

Edit:- I should mention though that when you evolve you will lose your skill ups so its not worth skilling up a none maxed out character.

I'm playing it right now actually. I'm digging the concept. Add me if you'd like: 130812447

No fucking idea what Metal Gods are. guess i'm not that far. My first pull was a Wyvern? I'm guessing it sucks, but i'm sure as hell not rerolling a million times.

Yea I play it most days, agreed its very simple but does get a lot more difficult later on, the the main aspect of the game is team building and maximizing your skills, pretty much like PAD in that sense.

Add me if you want 65247546

Overall the game is a lot more user friendly than PAD, skills ups work that if you feed the same type (ie healer to a healer, attacker to an attacker and a booster to a booster) you will get a chance of skill up, so I just use my trash units to skill up my main ones.

I'll add you guys shortly.

I think they banned people before for farming plus eggs this way, so I imagine they will be watching this closely.
How would they prove it? Theoretically, someone could keep creating accounts and sending presents to the same person to get them banned if that's the case.

Why would anyone farm plus eggs this way vs going through a dungeon? Did the gift/starter dragons have more than 1 plus egg on them?
Presents come with a random +3 stat.

J0dy77

I tried it for a couple days and got bored. Is there more to just pressing attack over and over? I can't get into these collectible games with no involvement. The best part of PAD is the puzzle element.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No fucking idea what Metal Gods are. guess i'm not that far. My first pull was a Wyvern? I'm guessing it sucks, but i'm sure as hell not rerolling a million times.

In the social tab, you can click Special and select "Send Metal God" or whatever. It's just like sending a free Super Metal. I had to read on a forum about it.

Also, you really can't reroll in BF like you can in PAD. Unless you want to reset your phone every single time...Which, yeah...No.

I tried it for a couple days and got bored. Is there more to just pressing attack over and over? I can't get into these collectible games with no involvement. The best part of PAD is the puzzle element.

It's more like an RPG and less like a puzzle game. PAD is superior in terms of skill and such, but I'm just a bit burnt out on it at the moment.

Limit

Hey George, are you still running Echidna on your account 24/7? If so, care to add me to your friends list? My ID is 390.751.202

razterik

How would they prove it? Theoretically, someone could keep creating accounts and sending presents to the same person to get them banned if that's the case.

Don't know, but I could have sworn this was something that came up in one of the JP account ban waves a while back. Maybe I had bad info, but personally I wouldn't risk my account over it.

In other news, 3x chaser rate on Saturday. Time to get those Red Chasers if you haven't already.

Jinko

In the social tab, you can click Special and select "Send Metal God" or whatever. It's just like sending a free Super Metal. I had to read on a forum about it.

You can also rarely get them invade the metal parade, get the keys from Imperial Capital Randall.

Someone should start an OT :D

They sometimes have 5x +egg drop rates in technical dungeons. Combine that on Mondays for 7.5x +egg drop rates.

Oh nice, not seen those yet.

Link to a bunch of Info on Brave Frontier

chrono01

Also, you really can't reroll in BF like you can in PAD. Unless you want to reset your phone every single time...Which, yeah...No.
I picked a name for my profile that I didn't like [since I thought it was more for a profile and not your in-game character], and considering they use your name A LOT, I'm planning on restoring my iPhone [and subsequently creating/linking a new Facebook account].

It's insane how they won't let you easily change your character name. It's so simple in Puzzle & Dragons but whatever you choose in Brave Frontier you're permanently stuck with. Yes, I tried contacting customer service but they said it wasn't possible. :/

If/When I create a new account I'll make sure to post my ID here [since we don't have a Brave Frontier OT].

Don't know, but I could have sworn this was something that came up in one of the JP account ban waves a while back. Maybe I had bad info, but personally I wouldn't risk my account over it.

In other news, 3x chaser rate on Saturday. Time to get those Red Chasers if you haven't already.
Haha, what?! Specifically 3x rate just for Chasers? Where are you seeing that? That would be so trollish of GH, after people have been running the Pirate dungeon so many times trying to get a Chaser. They could've saved all that time and stamina and waited for this Saturday.

Hey George, are you still running Echidna on your account 24/7? If so, care to add me to your friends list? My ID is 390.751.202
I've actually been leaving Blodin up due to Razterik being the only one making a specific request. Are you just needing it for challenges? I was thinking of leaving Blodin up until the Pirate dungeon leaves since it's a limited time dungeon. How is your Chiyome coming along, Raz? I often have Echidna up though if I'm farming minor dungeons, which I did last night while farming Dungeon of Wood at half stamina. Ult Echidna basically replaced Kagu for me for that purpose. It allows me to farm minor dungeons like I used to do with Kagu, while providing a useful challenge mode helper for people. Anyway, sent you an invite.

As always, don't be shy to request specific helpers. Always happy to help when I can.

Limit

Haha, what?! Specifically 3x rate just for Chasers? Where are you seeing that? That would be so trollish of GH, after people have been running the Pirate dungeon so many times trying to get a Chaser. They could've saved all that time and stamina and waited for this Saturday.

I've actually been leaving Blodin up due to Razterik being the only one making a specific request. Are you just needing it for challenges? I was thinking of leaving Blodin up until the Pirate dungeon leaves since it's a limited time dungeon. How is your Chiyome coming along, Raz? I often have Echidna up though if I'm farming minor dungeons, which I did last night while farming Dungeon of Wood at half stamina. Ult Echidna basically replaced Kagu for me for that purpose. It allows me to farm minor dungeons like I used to do with Kagu, while providing a useful challenge mode helper for people. Anyway, sent you an invite.

As always, don't be shy to request specific helpers. Always happy to help when I can.

Yup. I need Echidna friends mostly for the challenge mode. Yesterday I was planning on doing some more challenge mode but I wasn't able to find more than 2 max skilled Echidnas up in my friends list at the same time.

IMO the best thing to aim for would be FA Luci skill-ups. His active goes all the way down to 5CD which is amazing.

Is that a standard dungeon drop, an invade (terrible luck with those), or part of the eva REM?

With my recent luck with Chasers, and taking two weeks for a I&I kitty invade, they just do not want to show up for me.

if it's REM related, yeah lol no...
EDIT:

FINALLY! - should be able to get three-four runs on Saturday without stoning - so MAYBE! I doubt it though, those things hate me...

same with Dub-topalits, but that is to be expected with no 2x drop...

Is that a standard dungeon drop, an invade (terrible luck with those), or part of the eva REM?
The unevolved monster is a regular random encounter/drop, and the evolved monster is a fixed 5F encounter that also drops evolved. I don't know if the 5F encounter is a 100% drop on Legend, but it's usually the case, and hopefully the case in this dungeon. You'd be guaranteed at least 1 evolved FA Luci skill-up mob drop per Legend run, plus whatever random unevolved drops you get. 15 skill-ups is a lot to do, but getting a guaranteed drop plus any random extras each run helps.

The dungeon also drops Grodin and Isis skill-ups, but I personally don't prioritize those. But they're a nice additional bonus while skilling-up FA Luci.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=457

Why is Flame Chaser so desirable again? For Tengu dungeon?
Pretty much. No need to try to get one at this point if you don't care about farming Tengu. Tengu has some nice drops. In addition to Tengu, it drops ultimate Ogres with the Flame Strike skill and Hatsume and Hanzo skill-up mobs.

razterik

How is your Chiyome coming along, Raz?

Badly, haha. Still at skill level 2 after 10 more feeds and the pirates are so damn rare. Can I have 3x pirate rate, GungHo? I appreciate the Odin, btw.

Yup. I need Echidna friends mostly for the challenge mode. Yesterday I was planning on doing some more challenge mode but I wasn't able to find more than 2 max skilled Echidnas up in my friends list at the same time.

I can throw up my non-ultimate max/max/+297 Echidna at any time. Pretty sure you are on my list. My Blue Sonia will be up all day tomorrow.

Is that a standard dungeon drop, an invade (terrible luck with those), or part of the eva REM

In the old dungeon, it's the 5th floor mini boss. Guaranteed drop on Legend. Who knows what the new dungeon will look like. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets a split appearance chance with the new mob.

Badly, haha. Still at skill level 2 after 10 more feeds and the pirates are so damn rare. Can I have 3x pirate rate, GungHo? I appreciate the Odin, btw.
That sucks. I had a feeling it would be super hard, which is why I didn't even bother trying. You're welcome.

In the old dungeon, it's the 5th floor mini boss. Guaranteed drop on Legend. Who knows what the new dungeon will look like. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets a split appearance chance with the new mob.
Yay to the guaranteed drop! Boo, if they add another mob to reduce the chances of getting one, a la Deathstroke/Bane.

Funny, with FA Luci getting skill-ups, he may actually become more popular than SD Luci. His CD would match that of Vamp's and DJ's. And his awakenings are infinitely better than SD Luci's. And his Devil type is more useful than SD's God type. Though, SD's ultimate form could shake things up again.

Top Bottom