• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

If that is there attitude it boggles my mind.

Is there any idea who buys stones the most is it newer players or veterans.

Assuming if its newer players paying the most money, If they are so afraid of change make the changes a late game unlockable like they do with tech dungeon and challenge mode. Its the veterans that are fatigued not new players, most new content is for them anyway not newbies.

Kreed

I think we're underestimating their 'willingness' to make these changes because they are making absolute bank. They have almost 0 incentive to make changes when they are pulling in major amounts of cash.

Sucks for us, but it's probably true.

Also this game is dictated by the Japanese players playing the game. If they are happy with the Twinlit dungeons/etc... then nothing else will be changing.

OMG!!! if you get one light match with this hera and its a 25x combo her HP increases!!!
So, it's an anti-Sakuya dungeon?

Glad to see L.Tron and Zaerog getting ults. For such difficult to acquire monsters, they're hardly worth using. D.Tron is so much more desirable than L.Tron, and Zaerog is practically useless in its current form. Luci and Sakuya didn't need to get even better, but it's not surprising they got high votes. I wonder how they'll improve even further. They should give Luci double bind resists. Heh. His current awakenings suck.

As for yet another evo mat Gold Keeper, I guess the difficulty of the dungeon will be determined more by its other drops than the Keeper. I think the reason Twinlits and Trifruits are so difficult is due to being able to get TAMAs, which are more valuable than the boss drops. If Gold Keeper doesn't drop anything else more valuable in its dungeon, there's no reason for it to be ridiculously difficult/random.

Kreed

Basically yeah. But just getting a light match increases her HP. A team of orb changers would be best. She doesn't hit hard, but when her HP goes up instead of down it makes it so difficult.

Isn't that just a move she performs for a period of time? I remember they mentioned they were adding that mechanic where monsters could heal damage done by a certain color for a certain number of turns.

suko_32

Basically yeah. But just getting a light match increases her HP. A team of orb changers would be best. She doesn't hit hard, but when her HP goes up instead of down it makes it so difficult.

That may make double F/L Horus a bad idea too.

quin

Isn't that just a move she performs for a period of time? I remember they mentioned they were adding that mechanic where monsters could heal damage done by a certain color for a certain number of turns.

It is a pre-emptive for 10 turns. Take away the light orbs and she is super easy. I think the REM increases light orbs when you get to her though. I've had her down to 10% but a few moves later back up to around 60%. Actually echidina usually activates twice fighting her.

That may make double F/L Horus a bad idea too.

It makes ANY light monster bad :p

She does skill up Zeus Dios though and this dungeon is a million times better than that one....

muu

Just a heads up guys, $100 itunes GCs for $75 on ebay today. Should come up on their front page.

I don't see why they have not expanded the rpg element of the game, I know its been wished/mention before in this thread like add quest, items, etc. I honestly thought the announcement would be that or at least they would implement other match 3 type game play you might see in bejeweled or candy crush.

Or even revamp the dungeons, the dungeons now give you a choice go left, right, or straight, some paths are easier some are harder, some give better loot some do not. Two types one that are fixed and can be put in a strategy guide for reference and a second type were the paths are randomly generated.

Dungeon revamps would be nice. I suspect they're avoiding adding more 'RPG' elements in there for fear of alienating the folks that play it because of its no-frillsness, at least on the phone version. With PADZ they've already shown that they're more than capable of adding such a component in.

Colby

For me, there's some novelty in monsters like Lilith getting ultimates, because I never use it. And Zaerog getting one gives me incentive to finally try that dungeon. I never use Chu Chu and Siggy as leaders, but I will definitely take a stat boost to both. However, I don't think I could handle it if Gold Keeper is as hard or harder than Twinlits. I've gotten really good at Twins, but it still costs me stones from time to time, and as a non-IAP, I can't commit stones to another dungeon.

EDIT: I just realized Siggy is going to be a healer subtype due to King Shynee being there. That means the stats might not look too great...guess we'll see.

four more days of Red Chaser farming. still no chaser in sight in the Pirate dragon dungeon.

I hate these things. By far and away my most despised monster. I have already given up on skill ups for Haku, I just want 1 red chaser for Tengu...

Tobe

four more days of Red Chaser farming. still no chaser in sight in the Pirate dragon dungeon.

I hate these things. By far and away my most despised monster. I have already given up on skill ups for Haku, I just want 1 red chaser for Tengu...
i cant ever farm that pos dungeon. if it was idk a 7 stage dungeon maybe. but 5 is too short.

did 4 runs of super metal and got 3 super :/ well dtron is at 91 so im cool with that.

Always a great feeling when you go into Super Metal and *boom* first floor is a super king!

Until it dawns on you that you brought the wrong team and can't actually hurt him. If it wasn't for my friend's Underlord Archdemon Hades, I would never have won. As it was, it took about 45 minutes of me doing combos to get Ultra Gravity to be ready. Baal turned water to light and I got a few lucky light orb drops to finally kill him off, but still... that was just the first floor.

J0dy77

I hate that I'm losing interest in a game that a) I've spent a lot of money on and b) a LOT of time on (400+ days is a lot for one game). But mechanically, the game feels so stagnant. I don't care about 4x, 5x, 10x leaders. New orb changers or actives that grant 2x RCV for 1 turn? Critical dark attack? 50k damage to all enemies? Who cares at this point. I guess there's not much they can really do given the style of game.

And new monsters are just chasing the carrot. What purpose will they serve? The way the game has evolved, 1000 more HP or 500 more ATK won't be what it takes to survive. Hell, Trifruit enemies hit for like 1.6 million damage multi-hit. You CAN NOT survive that (unless you negate all wood damage or whatever).

Nonetheless, I am still logging to burn 50 stam on Red Pirate or Mech Dragon. But when I fail because of a lazy match, I'm done getting frustrated. I have a monster box that (not to brag) many players would dream to have. I wish there was some way to recoup some of my investment, but at this point, I'm just riding the wave.

It would just be nice to see some more strategy taken when creating these dungeons. The power creep can only go so far, you know? Maybe something like a final boss that has 2 sub bosses that heal or inflict ailments or something. They need (hahaha 'need...') to start thinking of these dungeons like an RPG to get some more variety.

Things like :

Enemies that heal each other (not a ton like Carbuncle Cure)
Lock Skills
1/2 atk or RCV or something
Maybe a new subtype with lower attributes, but can cast multiple active skills.

I don't know.

I'm not going to keep beating the dead horse. The quick changes that we've suggested in just the last few pages are better than what they've been doing. Maybe they do have these ideas in the long term planning but don't have the need to implement them when they're printing money. They can slowly roll them out to revive the game as time goes by. It's the same reason why we got repeat dungeons before new content. If they threw everything at us at once we'd just get sick of everything that much sooner.

I personally still enjoy the game. I'm frustrated by the direction of late but it's not enough to drive me away as a non IAP player. Overall, I still love the underlying game, the puzzle matching is a fun time waster and still fun for me. How people play those other card collect games on auto-pilot i'll never understand.

Also, does anyone else have a problem with puzzledragonx.com where the form elements (search bar, levels/xp entry for leveling monsters) just stop working?

Is it just my browser?

Limit

Also, does anyone else have a problem with puzzledragonx.com where the form elements (search bar, levels/xp entry for leveling monsters) just stop working?

Is it just my browser?

Everything is working as intended on my end. I'm on Firefox 27; the latest version.

Ashodin

I hate that I'm losing interest in a game that a) I've spent a lot of money on and b) a LOT of time on (400+ days is a lot for one game). But mechanically, the game feels so stagnant. I don't care about 4x, 5x, 10x leaders. New orb changers or actives that grant 2x RCV for 1 turn? Critical dark attack? 50k damage to all enemies? Who cares at this point. I guess there's not much they can really do given the style of game.

And new monsters are just chasing the carrot. What purpose will they serve? The way the game has evolved, 1000 more HP or 500 more ATK won't be what it takes to survive. Hell, Trifruit enemies hit for like 1.6 million damage multi-hit. You CAN NOT survive that (unless you negate all wood damage or whatever).

Nonetheless, I am still logging to burn 50 stam on Red Pirate or Mech Dragon. But when I fail because of a lazy match, I'm done getting frustrated. I have a monster box that (not to brag) many players would dream to have. I wish there was some way to recoup some of my investment, but at this point, I'm just riding the wave.

I feel the same way bro. Come back to GW2! Lion's Arch is burning!

Rahk

I got my first two Hera's yesterday with my middling Umiyama team and a Horus friend during the JP live stream event, woo!

I kind of underestimated Hera's HP so it was a bit rough. I had Chrollo Lucilfer as a sub and I've recently been trolled with his skill creating poison orbs, but this time he pulled out a 2 second delay which probably saved me 3 stones. Still had to use one stone due to a careless mistake, but worth it.

That gave me a rank up, but I was hesitant to try again because I thought if I didn't get lucky it would be rough, but went for it anyway. This time a Busty R/R Horus friend was up so I went in again with the same team and pretty much demolished her with some good combos.

chrono01

Watching the Japanese stream last night made me envious of the Japanese players [even more than I already was]. All of those free Magic Stones, and even a Tamadora? ;_;

Thinking out loud listing some features that I could see GH employ down the line. Was there mention of a larger board? 6x6? (In no particular order).
- larger or smaller orbs
- Larger or smaller team sizes
- raising max level ceiling for monsters / + egg allocations
- 3rd / 4th sub elements added
- new orb elements / monsters (orange? )
- skills that manipulate/determine sky drops
- multi-stage evos ( ie more than 5 total mats)
- accelerated stamina regen (implemented by level or via events or stones)

Thoughts?

Thinking out loud listing some features that I could see GH employ down the line. Was there mention of a larger board? 6x6? (In no particular order).
- larger or smaller orbs
- Larger or smaller team sizes
- raising max level ceiling for monsters / + egg allocations
- 3rd / 4th sub elements added
- new orb elements / monsters (orange? )
- skills that manipulate/determine sky drops
- multi-stage evos ( ie more than 5 total mats)
- accelerated stamina regen (implemented by level or via events or stones)

Thoughts?

raising the max level ceiling for monsters / + eggs is a bad idea. I don't want to increase the grind even more for those damn things. Especially since you know gungho will design dungeons around your +1000 monsters. I like the varying team sizes, I think it makes things much more interesting if you can have more or less active abilities. Accelerated stamina regen is also a must, since its ridiculous you need to wait 10 hours to run twinlits once, for a risky attempt at a 1/2 chance of getting 1 of 2 lits you need for your evo. Ugh.

colinp

Banned
People leave P&D, new people join P&D. The one constant is Gung-ho is making more money than god every day, no matter the fluctuation. You guys are deluding yourselves if you expect 'big' changes except possibly in an eventual sequel, but even then they have no reason to for who knows how long. You want them to make it more complicated but the reason 1 in every 6 Japanese play is because it is, relatively speaking, easy to play.

Hey guys, I've recently gotten into PAD.
After a whole lot of re-rolls, I managed to find RA and decided to keep him.

So what's next? I've read I should invest in getting my boxes to 40 and wait for godfests. Quite a lot to grasp, so any help or pointers would be swell.

Here's my ID if you'd like to help me out by joining my friend's list: 776,644,244

chrono01

So what's next? I've read I should invest in getting my boxes to 40 and wait for godfests. Quite a lot to grasp, so any help or pointers would be swell.

Here's my ID if you'd like to help me out by joining my friend's list: 776,644,244
First thing I would recommend is to save your Magic Stones as much as possible. Do not use them to "Continue" a dungeon, and instead save them for Godfests. Also, as you said, you might want to increase your Box capacity first, since you'll want some space for additional Monsters/XP/Evolution materials.

Other than that, I'd recommend grabbing a Naga in the next day or so when Scarlet Snake Princess is around. She's an extremely important monster for virtually any team, and is well worth the effort in obtaining her. Given that you're just starting out and you don't have much Stamina, you might not be able to get many runs in though, and I'm not sure if you'll be strong enough. :(

Speaking of Stamina, run Tower of Giants [once you reach that point] on the weekend during the Stamina/2 cost. You can easily Rank up to 90+ doing this, and will help out with giving you more Stamina to use during the week as well as an increased Team Cost [needed for monsters such as the Ra you pulled].

I'd give you team recommendations early-on, but I'm not too familiar with Ra unfortunately [I've yet to get him, since I'm mostly with Kirin]. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable with him can assist you further. I do know that he's one of the more difficult God's to use, though.

Good luck!

Ducarmel

Ra is tough to play with even the best pad player will have a tough time running him, if you plan on iap I say keep it, but if your non Iap I think you might regret having Ra as a starting pull.

First thing I would recommend is to save your Magic Stones as much as possible. Do not use them to "Continue" a dungeon, and instead save them for Godfests. Also, as you said, you might want to increase your Box capacity first, since you'll want some space for additional Monsters/XP/Evolution materials.

Other than that, I'd recommend grabbing a Naga in the next day or so when Scarlet Snake Princess is around. She's an extremely important monster for virtually any team, and is well worth the effort in obtaining her. Given that you're just starting out and you don't have much Stamina, you might not be able to get many runs in though, and I'm not sure if you'll be strong enough. :(

Speaking of Stamina, run Tower of Giants [once you reach that point] on the weekend during the Stamina/2 cost. You can easily Rank up to 90+ doing this, and will help out with giving you more Stamina to use during the week as well as an increased Team Cost [needed for monsters such as the Ra you pulled].

I'd give you team recommendations early-on, but I'm not too familiar with Ra unfortunately [I've yet to get him, since I'm mostly with Kirin]. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable with him can assist you further. I do know that he's one of the more difficult God's to use, though.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help! Another thing I forgot to ask: is it ok to do power-up fusions with these random monsters I'm getting on my starter dragon? Is there a correct time to level him up using the dragon seed?

Ducarmel

Thanks for the help! Another thing I forgot to ask: is it ok to do power-up fusions with these random monsters I'm getting on my starter dragon? Is there a correct time to level him up using the dragon seed?

Using random normal dungeon drops is fine but at a certain point it will cost to much money, and you will need to farm enhance material monsters to level up your monsters.

read this guide its very helpful if the op is not enough
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit?pli=1

chrono01

You can't evolve monsters [aside for Ultimate Evolutions] until they reach their maximum level first, and then you feed them the required components. Afterwards, they start back at Level 1 in their newly-evolved form where you repeat the process [until they reach their final evolution].

Ultimate Evolutions are different in where you can evolve them at any point in that particular level-range for that evolution. They will keep their level and gain an increase in stats/change of abilities/etc. for doing so. You can always "reverse" this evolution later if you wanted to go a different route, since some monsters have different Ultimate Evolutions.

yami4ct

Just caught the images of the new Ults. Most of them are alright. I must say, hyper disappointed in the mechdragon combo. I was hoping for some Voltron-esque monstrosity that has pieces from every dragon all over it. This one just looks like another mechdragon.

Just caught the images of the new Ults. Most of them are alright. I must say, hyper disappointed in the mechdragon combo. I was hoping for some Voltron-esque monstrosity that has pieces from every dragon all over it. This one just looks like another mechdragon.

Where are they I would like to see.

New Chu Chu has some real descended potential. Throw in robin for the additional multiplier, ADK, Zeus and a couple row enhancements.
The presence of Flamie makes me think he could get an Attacker subtype. That could stir things up for Dtron, since you'd be able to stick him and Sasuke on her team and really be able to drill down water types.

EDIT: Sieg being a Healer is interesting for Ltron, too.

Lucifer ultimate will probably be 2.5 RCV and HP. Don't know what else they can do with him.
That would boost him to an effective 84% damage reduction against any element compared to his current 75% reduction.

I just realized L.Tron would be the first/only Godfest-only monster to get an ultimate. GH really needs to make her shine if she's gonna have that distinction.

Also I just evo'd my Melo Dragon. I had no idea it's basically a Noel on steroids. There's been so much discussion on their awakenings and sub uses, I didn't even consider their uses as leaders.

Kreed

4xATK to Healer above 90% HP? Might be too OP?

I never understood why L. Metatron is stuck at x3.5 when D. Metatron has x4 for her leader skill. It's not like there aren't other monsters that have x4 based on HP being full/above a certain percentage (Fagan, Hunter x Hunter monsters)

Top Bottom