• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

Also I'm pretty sure 3x chaser on final day has been a thing since always? JP operates that way, at least.

We never got the boost for Mechdragons, so this is new to US.

And the best thing I could see coming for AA Lucifer is a switch to light element for main element, leader skill, and active skill. Would be interesting and not more broken.

Tobe

ok so in regards of ppl getting burnt by the game wy not make our own Gaf events. like no iap month or run specific teams. time challenges. i guess we can figure something out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Whats the best difficulty to run for chasers and pirates?

Are the invade rates the same for all the difficulties?

I don't know where the numbers came from, but I had read that Chaser invade rates are something like 5/4/1/0.5 percent. Always run the highest difficulty you can.

As for pirates, I would guess it's based off of difficulty as well.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Also I'm pretty sure 3x chaser on final day has been a thing since always? JP operates that way, at least.

It's so true - dragons and beasts are very prominent in BF. They're all pretty crazy, too.

Kreed

Whats the best difficulty to run for chasers and pirates?

Are the invade rates the same for all the difficulties?

Invades for the Chasers are the same, and they are always 100% regardless of difficulty level. With some dungeons, the lower difficulties have less floors, so you generally want the difficulty with more floors for more chances to invade. But since Intermediate has the same amount of floors as Legend, you may as well run Intermediate.

Pirates however, you will probably want a the higher difficulties for them to drop.

We never got the boost for Mechdragons, so this is new to US.

And the best thing I could see coming for AA Lucifer is a switch to light element for main element, leader skill, and active skill. Would be interesting and not more broken.

disagree entirely, Raphael already does most of that, I don't need three Raphaels, no one uses them anyway...

Now just reversing Main/sub element and active skill switching to light... very cool.

Eva Collab dungeon - existing dungeon seems to make it that Any Luci/Existing spike team can take it on. Definately want to max skill FA Luci, that and awakening should make him VERY useful...

I just don't want another Batman Collab issue, It was just so hard to farm with the teams I had at the time...

I'll settle for them giving SOD Lucifer an Attacker subtype and maybe some row boosts (and of course I'm hyped for the new artwork). Him being able to drop your HP into Executioner's Blitz is good enough for me. 300k damage is just icing after that.

razterik

disagree entirely, Raphael already does most of that, I don't need three Raphaels, no one uses them anyway...

Who's Raphael? Haha. But yeah, your suggestion works, too. Doubt they're going to give him much of a boost either way. Such a terrible waste of a vote.

Edit: Dark Tron ain't got time to stall for his skill. She'll have finished the dungeon already. Most logical would be Devil subtype, but I can see Physical or Balanced for the troll.

Edit: Dark Tron ain't got time to stall for his skill. She'll have finished the dungeon already. Most logical would be Devil subtype, but I can see Physical or Balanced for the troll.
Oh yeah. Didn't think about that one. =\

Yeah, Devil might be nice. I think Healer would actually be pretty good, too, since there are no real dark healers.

saichi

I cleared Two Heroes with 0 stone the first time I tried it but I had to use 1 stone each for the subsequent 2 attempts. At least I got Berserk to drop today after got Highlander twice last time. I guess I should wait for the 2x skill up again to use my 12 Marins.

So, I've worked out my priority for the next monsters to awaken to be thus:

1. Batman+Remote Claw (for row bonus)
2. Gryps Rider (for row bonuses)
3. D/L Anubis (for time bonus)
4. R/L Horus (for time bonus)

Does this sound reasonable? Would anything else be more worthwhile?

JMRV

Neo Member
Does anyone have a max skilled and high +'d Goemon I can use for Satan Descended?
They can delete me after, I just need it for the descend.
My ID's 317,077,201

Tobe

Would a d/l Sonia be op?

I really need a satan, 3 row enhancements and cutting my rcv will do wonders for my dtron team. Question is who do I take out?
Arthur is the only pure light damage, gryps is the light orb changer, Hanzo is my shortest cd changer hum maybe yomi?

Colby

I've been playing Quiz RPG. It's a fun little game, but unpolished compared to P&D. I'm much better at trivia than I am at making combos. If anyone here plays, let's add each other (if that's even possible).

yami4ct

Ended up running Friday dungeon over and over instead of 2 heroes because, I don't know. Shit luck with drops. Getting quite a few Dub-Myths, but the Dub-rub refuse drop. All I want is one to to ultimate my Echidna, darn it!

Limit

I've been playing Quiz RPG. It's a fun little game, but unpolished compared to P&D. I'm much better at trivia than I am at making combos. If anyone here plays, let's add each other (if that's even possible).

I played it for a while and ended up dropping it because the leveling up system is super slow. Plus, it is so much more frustrating when you lose in a dungeon because of your cards being weak even though you got all the answers right. It somehow feels more personal than making good combos but losing in a dungeon in PAD because your monsters are not strong enough.

Ashodin

I played it for a while and ended up dropping it because the leveling up system is super slow. Plus, it is so much more frustrating when you lose in a dungeon because of your cards being weak even though you got all the answers right. It somehow feels more personal than making good combos but losing in a dungeon in PAD because your monsters are not strong enough.

Hm? Leveling up slow? I don't feel that way. Once you get past a certain point (like PAD) you can start grinding out books (their version of metals) every couple hours and level up dudes quickly. Plus their events give out a ton of them for free.

Jhriad

Only been playing for a little over a week but I could use a few good friends (that will actually use my leader for some pity PAL points). Maybe I'll eventually cobble together an okay team.

ID: 362499287

coy

The Brave Frontier chitchat is enticing, but I still was not digging it like I thought I would. OTOH, the Quiz RPG talk is more to my liking. The books really help with leveling. Plus, the game actually provides decent in-game tutorials. Revelation! My name is "coy" on Quiz with some lv25 red chick (Candy something something) if you want to add.

Zee-Row

Banned
I feel like i'm not playing this game right , i'm beating the hard levels mostly on the weight of the powerful monsters my friends have. My own assembled team kinda sucks and i never seem to have enough gold to level them up and the gains seem low no matter what monster I fuse them with.

Jagernaut

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Mardi Gras*
[Duration]: 2/24 (Mon), midnight - 3/4 (Tues), 11:59 PM (PST)

The Spirit of Festivity is alive within the world of Puzzle & Dragons! In the days leading up to Mardi Gras, we're dancing the nights away! With impressive bonuses, new dungeons, and a very special Egg Machine, this event has it all! We hope you have a great Mardi Gras!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
2/24 - 3/4 - 1 Magic Stone
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Samba Ruby Struts His Stuff
2/24, 12:00 PM - 3/4 11:59 PM (PST)
Samba Ruby Dragon has arrived, ladies and gentlemen! For a limited time, you can find him in his own dungeon, yours to own! He's a powerful enhance material, so he's sure to bring his passion for life to other members of your team!

■③ Pink Dragon Egg Machine
There's nothing quite like a visit from old friends! The 5 previously Japan-exclusive Healer-type girls have decided to visit for the festivities, and this time they've brought with them the Five Elements Gods! This renewal lasts all week, but once the event is over, they're gone!

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
2/24 - Hera-Ur Descended!
2/25 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
2/26 - The Goddess Descended!
2/25 - 2/26 - Trifruits Descended!
2/27 - Tower of Jewel
2/27 - Twinlits Descend!
2/28 - Izanami Descends!
3/1 - Hera-Is Descended!
3/2 - Beelzebub Descended!
3/3 - Athena Descended!
3/4 - Hera Descended

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Rare Egg Event:
2/24 - 3/4 - All Eggs Guaranteed [+]
Pal Egg Event:
2/24 - 3/4 - Rare Evo Materials

2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from Super Jewel King Dragons]
Increased Appearance rates for TAMADRA in the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
TAMADRA may appear in Pengdra Village

■⑥ Bonus Surprises!
We may still have a surprise in store for this event, so keep your eyes peeled! *Wink*

Godfest info is on the way!

UGH.

So I finally decided to check this game out. And......well it turns out if your phone is rooted you have to go through a bazillion different hoops to get it to work.

God dammit.

chrono01

Jinko

We're all probably playing US. I think each region has it's own server, but I'm not sure. JP is separate I know.

Its global I believe, minus japan.

So PAD is finally starting to break my spirit, 10 runs today and still no dub-mythlit, how long am I supposed to go without one. (8th week next week)
Thinking back the only Dub-mythlits ive ever got have been from the pal machine, I need 12 of these little bastards to evo stuff :(

Only the JP version has root detection.

Really? I downloaded from the Play Store, and as soon as it was done I clicked the icon and the screen went black and back to my app drawer. Tried turning the phone off and back on, crashed again. Uninstalled and then reinstalled, nothing. So I looked online and eventually found my way to the official forums and I was seeing people with the same problem.

edit: you're right, these topics were in the JP version.

Well then, WTF.

I'm on the HTC One with 4.4.2, with the ARHD rom if that helps at all :/

Totakeke

Seems like it, same color feed would have extra exp though.

5% for a specific Chinese Gods is actually pretty good compared to the REM during Godfest which is only like 2% for a specific godfest god. Plus you get a lot less trash too. Unfortunately the Sticker Girls don't seem too useful in the current environment.

chrono01

I'll throw together a Brave Frontier thread so we can get the chat out of here. I'll post it when it's up!
Thanks for this!

I'll be upgrading my iPhone is the next week or so [to a 5S], since Brave Frontier runs incredibly slow on my 3GS. I'll likely create a new account upon doing so, since my starting rolls weren't the best. :/

I look forward to the thread.

linsivvi

Really? I downloaded from the Play Store, and as soon as it was done I clicked the icon and the screen went black and back to my app drawer. Tried turning the phone off and back on, crashed again. Uninstalled and then reinstalled, nothing. So I looked online and eventually found my way to the official forums and I was seeing people with the same problem.

Well then, WTF.

It does have anti-cheat and block certain software, but some non-cheating software might be blocked as well as collateral damage.

See if this thread helps: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=29588

Skye

Well then, WTF.

For what it's worth, when I was trying to run PAD on my HTC Amaze on CyanogenMod 11 (which was based off of kitkat), I would crash as soon as I got to the title screen. Initially, I thought it was it was the anti-root stuff, but I tried reverting to CyanogenMod 10 (which was based on 4.3 jelly bean) and PAD works now. Maybe PAD just doesn't like kitkat (on some devices)?

It's hard to diagnose these things :(

It does have anti-cheat and block certain software, but some non-cheating software might be blocked as well as collateral damage.

See if this thread helps: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=29588
Thanks for that link!!! I'm able to play now. Turns out it was the Xposed Framework that was causing my problem, just like the person in that thread. So I just disabled that, and whenever I'm done playing I'll just activate it again since I do rely on Xposed for a few things. It's kind of a nuisance that I'll have to do this every time, but at least I'm able to play now. Thanks again!

But this made me remember that a some other new games don't get along with Xposed either. I think it was FFVI that had the same problem, wouldn't even start if Xposed was activated. Which is really weird because its not a hacking module really, its a customization tool.

For what it's worth, when I was trying to run PAD on my HTC Amaze on CyanogenMod 11 (which was based off of kitkat), I would crash as soon as I got to the title screen. Initially, I thought it was it was the anti-root stuff, but I tried reverting to CyanogenMod 10 (which was based on 4.3 jelly bean) and PAD works now. Maybe PAD just doesn't like kitkat (on some devices)?

It's hard to diagnose these things :(
Yeah KK is so new I've noticed a lot of games having bugs right off the bat.

Jinko

Seems like it, same color feed would have extra exp though.

5% for a specific Chinese Gods is actually pretty good compared to the REM during Godfest which is only like 2% for a specific godfest god. Plus you get a lot less trash too. Unfortunately the Sticker Girls don't seem too useful in the current environment.

The Light one is pretty useful for a valk party, wood and dark to heart, could replace Angelion, sadly there is no way to skill her up outside of the REM :(

I think Kano is getting a busty soon also. (maybe it was Plan)

Top Bottom