• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

colinp

Banned
Managed to catch a Naga in Tower of Flare and proceeded to level up and evo to Echidna immediately after! That's the kind of progress I would like to see soooo much more often.

Pulled ten pal stones and got a tamadra. Alas, all my stuff is too low level so the six tams I've got are just taking up space. Sometimes this game is sooooooo silly.

J0dy77

Good time to get sakuya then? If they don't make her a super rare pull as usual that is

This feels like a huge trap. I want Kirin so bad but the healer girls are completely awful with maybe the exception of Fuu who I have already, along with Haku and Leilan. Will try and refrain.

Otherwise a nice event. A bit disappointed we aren't seeing Hercules though.

If I had a Kirin, the game would be broken. I have all the subs and would proceed to destroy the remaining descended dungeons I have left.

5% chance at a specific god, I guess that means 20% chance of a Chinese god that I don't have (already have a Haku). 75% of a sticker girl.

I need more stones...

Jagernaut

Yeah that's fine. Finally have the perfect team balance for this. Very safe runs.

Side note: for those looking forward to the Haku/hanzo survey dungeon, prepare to be disappointed. Awful awful drop rates.

Awful drop rates for both skillups? I was looking forward to max skilling my Hanzo. Haku is ok at 14 turns.

ccbfan

Anyone know if 3x chaser is active or do I have to wait till 12 pm western.

The note on the news seems to be wrong since they said that they had it since the 10th.

Side note: for those looking forward to the Haku/hanzo survey dungeon, prepare to be disappointed. Awful awful drop rates.

Are we talking echidna terrible drop rates, pier drawn terrible drop rates, or chaser invade rates?

Echidna took the two weeks, plus three other appearances of scarlet snake to max skill, pierdra took just the two weeks and I have yet to get any chaser to invade (0/30 on fire pirate dragon, 0/50 on fire mechdragon, significantly less on ice, wind and light mech though)

Kreed

I'm assuming it's much worse than the worst of the survey dungeons, which means they're getting even more greedier than before.

I think it's more because of how the dungeon focuses on two skill up monsters instead of just one vs adjusting the drop rates to make it worse the the previous ones. With the Echidna dungeon for example, you not only have a chance to get an Echidna on the final floor, but the previous 4 floors have a chance for an Echidna showing up/Echidna dropping. Whereas with this survey Dungeon, the Haku skill up monster is only available on the boss floor, and the Hanzo skill up takes up the previous 4 floors. So you have one less chance of getting the Hanzo skill up vs the Echidna dungeon, and 4 less chances of getting the Haku skill up vs the Echidna dungeon.

Totakeke

Well that's just silly imo.

Speaking of Echidna skill ups, this is pretty difficult for players who are just starting to skill up theirs. It'll probably take a year or more for full skill ups assuming it even comes once every two month unless you stone it. 15 stam, assuming 20% drop rate, 20% skill up rate, that's 375 stamina on average to get one skill up and that means 1875 stamina in total for max skills up, which is more than 13 days of farming it non stop just based on stamina regeneration rates.

0/9 on my scarlet snake princess expert runs so far, I'm starting to wonder if there's better alternatives to all this...

Speaking of Echidna skill ups, this is pretty difficult for players who are just starting to skill up theirs. It'll probably take a year or more for full skill ups assuming it even comes once every two month unless you stone it. 15 stam, assuming 20% drop rate, 20% skill up rate, that's 375 stamina on average to get one skill up and that means 1875 stamina in total for max skills up, which is more than 13 days of farming it non stop just based on stamina regeneration rates.

0/9 on my scarlet snake princess expert runs so far, I'm starting to wonder if there's better alternatives to all this...

Yup basically.

And it's all completely worth it.

Ducarmel

What difficulty are you guys running for the Flame Chaser Invade? Is Master or possibly even Expert good enough?

It's been mention before the rate is the same for all difficulties, expert is easier to run but the drop rates for the other mobs are less, but it does not matter if chaser is all your after.

For the record I got my chaser running expert.

Jinko

I think it's more because of how the dungeon focuses on two skill up monsters instead of just one vs adjusting the drop rates to make it worse the the previous ones. With the Echidna dungeon for example, you not only have a chance to get an Echidna on the final floor, but the previous 4 floors have a chance for an Echidna showing up/Echidna dropping. Whereas with this survey Dungeon, the Haku skill up monster is only available on the boss floor, and the Hanzo skill up takes up the previous 4 floors. So you have one less chance of getting the Hanzo skill up vs the Echidna dungeon, and 4 less chances of getting the Haku skill up vs the Echidna dungeon.

Depends what they do with drop rates, they may increase them to even it out, even with Echidna appearing up to 2 times she still has terrible drop rates.

Also Echidna only goes up to expert, if the new dungeon is Legend/mythical then I expect the drop rates to be a lot better.

Edit:- Blek never mind it only goes up to expert as well.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=671
Hamahime has two chances to appear though.

yami4ct

Theoretically, I shouldn't have too much issue with the Scarlet Princess-Expert, but damn if this dungeon isn't kicking my ass over and over. Been able to clear it like 5 times of the 9 or so I've tried. Only time I got the naga to drop was the time I lost. Damn, I hate not being able to clear a dungeon every try when I'm farming.

Tobe

Theoretically, I shouldn't have too much issue with the Scarlet Princess-Expert, but damn if this dungeon isn't kicking my ass over and over. Been able to clear it like 5 times of the 9 or so I've tried. Only time I got the naga to drop was the time I lost. Damn, I hate not being able to clear a dungeon every try when I'm farming.
Why are you losing you have Isis go heavy water and it's gg

J0dy77

Are we talking echidna terrible drop rates, pier drawn terrible drop rates, or chaser invade rates?

Echidna took the two weeks, plus three other appearances of scarlet snake to max skill, pierdra took just the two weeks and I have yet to get any chaser to invade (0/30 on fire pirate dragon, 0/50 on fire mechdragon, significantly less on ice, wind and light mech though)

It's been really bad. I have been all of my 56 stamina for the last two days with some level ups in between. Along with farming it on and off since it started and I've gotten 3 chasers and a handful of Hanzo skillups. I didn't really try during 2x event though so that would definitely need to be your focus. If I had to guess I would say the chaser drop rate is 20% or below. Probably worse since 40% during 2x seems way too high and easy.

yami4ct

Why are you losing you have Isis go heavy water and it's gg

Hm. I suppose I could make that team. Honestly, my water monster set is lacking. I guess I could make a team of Dub-Saphs and my Aqua Baron. I'd be worried my HP would be too low to take all the hits from things like synched devils. You can take a look at my PADherder if you want to give me advice. http://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0;default,0

NOTE: I'm probably an idiot and missing a super duper easy team to run. I also have 4 dub-saphs and 1 blue guardian that aren't listed because pad herder doesn't seem to show mats to outsiders.

ido

Anyone have a green awoken Odin they could put up this afternoon? I want to grab the mech dragon once.

I mainly use a lvl 73 SoD lucifer, +23...

I'm still pretty new!

Tobe

Hm. I suppose I could make that team. Honestly, my water monster set is lacking. I guess I could make a team of Dub-Saphs and my Aqua Baron. I'd be worried my HP would be too low to take all the hits from things like synched devils. You can take a look at my PADherder if you want to give me advice. http://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0;default,0

NOTE: I'm probably an idiot and missing a super duper easy team to run. I also have 4 dub-saphs and 1 blue guardian that aren't listed because pad herder doesn't seem to show mats to outsiders.

or you can run double isis is x18 water damage. hoard 5 water orbs and gg.

linsivvi

Another safe choice you have is to run D'spinas/Vampire/Fruit Dragon/Golem/Chaos Evil Dragon, and pair with a high level Lucifer. Your team should have around 18K HP.

It will work not just for the Naga dungeon, but in general too.

maks

Damn 0/7 trying to get Naga to drop so far in Expert. Spread it out across a few hours too. This is painful.

Jinko

Make a Vampire team and get a batman/luci friend to bump you HP and attack up.

You can use grape dragon/pierdrawn > Vampire as a orb changer on round 5 and kill them in one shot prob.

I've been pretty lucky with Naga drops so far, last run I had 2 invades 1 dropped and the boss dropped one also. puts me at 5 in total (also had a vampire and Lilith drop in Satan earlier)

yami4ct

Another safe choice you have is to run D'spinas/Vampire/Fruit Dragon/Golem/Chaos Evil Dragon, and pair with a high level Lucifer. Your team should have around 18K HP.

It will work not just for the Naga dungeon, but in general too.

Make a Vampire team and get a batman/luci friend to bump you HP and attack up.

You can use grape dragon/pierdrawn > Vampire as a orb changer on round 5 and kill them in one shot prob.

I've been pretty lucky with Naga drops so far, last run I had 2 invades 1 dropped and the boss dropped one also. puts me at 5 in total (also had a vampire and Lilith drop in Satan earlier)

Thanks guys! I've been having great luck with this Isis team as I've gotten 3 more Naga drops, but when the right subs aren't available that will be a great alt. My 2 Luci friends are mid-level, so the best I've got is ~14K HP, but that should still work, especially with that one shot last round trick.

linsivvi

Thanks guys! I've been having great luck with this Isis team as I've gotten 3 more Naga drops, but when the right subs aren't available that will be a great alt. My 2 Luci friends are mid-level, so the best I've got is ~14K HP, but that should still work, especially with that one shot last round trick.

No worries. If you get comfortable with your combo abilities and is out of Isis helpers, you can match it up with Horus too.

J0dy77

There isn't. Just power through. Has to be done.

Tobe

5 on 8 runs? im cool with that. horrible luck on OoH tho. ideally with perfect luck on 2x skill up i would my my enchilada.

Quantum

3/8 for today so far - should get a rank and some free stamina later, although I'm supposed to go out.

my enchilada is only level 3 after 362 days of play.

muu

Once you have the stamina to do 6 or more runs from a full tank I think it makes sense to spend a few stones farming nagas when the dungeon rolls around. Assuming other parts of your team is sound it makes more sense than hoping for something decent from a REM pull.

Totakeke

Surprisingly hard to stall with Haku on my alt on these scarlet princess runs, seems there's always a skyfall when you least want it and you can't recover enough if you don't combo much.

Honestly, if Naga drops, and you die, it's probably worth it to just blow a stone.

J0dy77

2x survey dungeon just started in JP. One chaser and one hanzo drop in 3 runs. 40% may be accurate for chaser. I'll post more if it's still running tomorrow.

razterik

On 2x, boss drop for Master is ~80%. So still quite possible to not drop.

Anyone else farming Chasers today? 6 from about 25 runs so far. Only 2 pirates...

ccbfan

On 2x, boss drop for Master is ~80%. So still quite possible to not drop.

Anyone else farming Chasers today? 6 from about 25 runs so far. Only 2 pirates...

Went 0 for 5 on chasers and pirates.

I even stopped killing the last boss on my last two runs cause I ran a Vamp - Lucy team.

Is this still 3x tomorrow?

Colby

Managed to catch a Naga in Tower of Flare and proceeded to level up and evo to Echidna immediately after! That's the kind of progress I would like to see soooo much more often.

Pulled ten pal stones and got a tamadra. Alas, all my stuff is too low level so the six tams I've got are just taking up space. Sometimes this game is sooooooo silly.
Save your PAL pulls for a metal dragon event. Since you are relatively new, some free King Metals and Super Kings will be amazing for you.

Top Bottom