• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jinko

Damn theif descended destroyed me with my valk team ended up spending 14 stones ;,.;

Once I started spending there was no going back.

J0dy77

2x survey dungeon just started in JP. One chaser and one hanzo drop in 3 runs. 40% may be accurate for chaser. I'll post more if it's still running tomorrow.

6 total runs so far. 1 Chaser and 4 Hanzo skillups. Hanzo should be significantly less painful to finish. Haku owners be afraid.

linsivvi

It's been mention before the rate is the same for all difficulties, expert is easier to run but the drop rates for the other mobs are less, but it does not matter if chaser is all your after.

For the record I got my chaser running expert.

Wait, are you sure about this?

If so I'm going to run expert nonstop during 3x.

Edit: Never mind, chaser invaded first turn on legend. Bye bye shitty dungeon.

linsivvi

Well know I don't know if this was tested and confirmed somewhere I took Kreed who posted thisk at his word, since I got the invade on expert in my third run I assumed he might be right.

How many runs and @ what difficulty?

Invade rates are not the same for different difficulties in previous dungeons though. They always drop 100%, but their chance of appearing are higher in higher difficulties. For example, in mechdragon dungeons their rates are 4%, 2% and 0.5% respectively.

It might be different for the pirate dungeons but I haven't been able to find any website with the invade rates, not even Japanese wikis.

Totakeke

Well know I don't know if this was tested and confirmed somewhere I took Kreed who posted thisk at his word, since I got the invade on expert in my third run I assumed he might be right.

How many runs and @ what difficulty?

All expert runs. Right now it's 5 stones, 5 nagas, and should be around 55 runs.

Jinko

All expert runs. Right now it's 5 stones, 5 nagas, and should be around 55 runs.

Yikes thats really bad luck, I haven't spent any stones, prob 15 runs and have 8 naga's. (probably won't see one skill up when the time comes mind you)

If only I had this kind of luck with evo mats lol

Totakeke

Yeah, things like these just makes you wonder whether the RNG streak myth is actually true.

My alt spent 0 stones and has 8 nagas, and failing like 20% of the runs.

Ducarmel

It might be different for the pirate dungeons but I haven't been able to find any website with the invade rates, not even Japanese wikis.
You are right about the other dungeons, but i do recall another post when the dungeon was about to go live stating invade rates of chasers are better in the pirate dungeons. Can't find it right now but I guess you might be right. Edit: Forget it, I was remembering your post I assume you were just speculating pirate dungeons might be better.

yeah that is pretty bad you should have 10-11 at least.

ido

Been lucky with nagas. Ran it about 8 times yesterday and got 6 total. In one run I got 2 nagas weirdly enough.

Totakeke

Well, ran out of friend leaders to run it. Ended up about 64 runs with 7 nagas... with the last two from one single run. Might do another round when I wake up but yeah, pretty shitty.

Kreed

Invade rates are not the same for different difficulties in previous dungeons though. They always drop 100%, but their chance of appearing are higher in higher difficulties. For example, in mechdragon dungeons their rates are 4%, 2% and 0.5% respectively.

Invade rates are determined by communities/people doing number crunching, so there's no data to be pulled/mined from the game itself which is why you aren't seeing them in wikis. The problem with most of these percentages however is that there are differences in floor count for most of the older dungeons. Obviously less floors = less chances to invade.

However the pirate dragon dungeon is one of the few dungeons where the floor amount is the same across all the difficulties. So if all you're hunting for is Chasers, it makes more sense to run the lowest difficulty for more invade attempts/less stamina.

yami4ct

0/4 on Naga runs this morning, but I did squeeze a run last night and got two off of invades in a single run. Brings my grand total up to 5. If I can can get one or two more today, I think I'll be pretty happy with this SSP event. Should hopefully get me at least 1 skill up.

linsivvi

Invade rates are determined by communities/people doing number crunching, so there's no data to be pulled/mined from the game itself which is why you aren't seeing them in wikis. The problem with most of these percentages however is that there are differences in floor count for most of the older dungeons. Obviously less floors = less chances to invade.

However the pirate dragon dungeon is one of the few dungeons where the floor amount is the same across all the difficulties. So if all you're hunting for is Chasers, it makes more sense to run the lowest difficulty for more invade attempts/less stamina.

Well the invade rates for legend and master of mechdragon dungeons is 4% and 2% respectively, and they both have 10 floors. The savings in stamina doesn't make up for the discrepancies in invade rate. I haven't seen any concrete evidence that this isn't the same case here in pirate dungeons.

Musan

I don't agree, the difference in invade rate per difficulty still makes legend the most stamina efficiect way to get chasers.

hermit7

Ran scarlet snake. Got maybe 5 or 6 Naga in around 10 runs. Fed them to my one EoS and got my final skill up. Now to work on a second for twinlits

Kreed

Well the invade rates for legend and master of mechdragon dungeons is 4% and 2% respectively, and they both have 10 floors. The savings in stamina doesn't make up for the discrepancies in invade rate. I haven't seen any concrete evidence that this isn't the same case here in pirate dungeons.

The chaser invades on the pirate dungeons are supposed to be greater than the mechdragon dungeons across the board, but this originally came from Japanese players playing the dungeons/there's no source on this.

I don't agree, the difference in invade rate per difficulty still makes legend the most stamina efficiect way to get chasers.

If you're applying previous invade rates from padx to the pirate dungeon then sure.

linsivvi

The chaser invades on the pirate dungeons are supposed to be greater than the mechdragon dungeons across the board, but this originally came from Japanese players playing the dungeons/there's no source on this.

Yeah that's why I tried searching for Japanese sources but so far I haven't been able to find anything. Wish there were some coordinated efforts to combine all attempts from players to get an estimated rate.

razterik

Pirate dungeon rates are better than mechdragon rates. I think GungHo even confirmed this when they announced them in JP? Besides, so many more people have gotten the drop from this compared to running mech last time.

Also, speaking for myself, Legend has been far more generous with Chasers than Expert. I have been blowing through expert quickly with my Valk team to waste a chunk of stamina before refills and have not seen a Chaser in ~10 runs. Legend pops one about every four or five runs.

Good news everyone!

I had a chaser invade, on floor four of legendary...

So I didn't get a chaser because there was no way I was going to tank 35 turns on the pirate dragon.

The gung-ho giveth and the gung-ho taketh away...

linsivvi

2 teams depending on friends, that team was

Dual Luci, with 4x gravity.

Other team is dual Haku, Hera-is, king baddie, Persephone and Hera-Ur

But I don't have many Haku friends on my board.

I guess it's too late now, but try 2x Luci, 2x gravity, rainbow keeper, Siren

Rainbow Keeper when the dragon goes 3x. Siren is good because pirate dragon constantly turns orbs to red.

That should allow you to tank forever.

Tobe

red pirate master run, damn chaser invaded on the first floor, easy shit. boss killed me :/

im thinking of going with an all water team. its a bit underleveled but with 2/4/2 i think im covered. btw anybody has a high level hermes?

razterik

Status update:

Bartholomew - 50
Red Chaser - 15
Red Pirate - 10

Probably going to have a better chance of maxing Chiyome over Suzaku, but I will try for at least 25 chasers if I don't pass out from running this so much.

Getting back to back pirate and chaser drop runs is the best thing.

Cels

wondering whether to keep farming nagas (still need all 5 skillups) or to save stamina for the red starter super metal dragons descended coming in about 6 hr

my luck has been decent, got 11 echidnas from the dungeon already

(non-IAP)

chrono01

wondering whether to keep farming nagas (still need all 5 skillups) or to save stamina for the red starter super metal dragons descended coming in about 6 hr

my luck has been decent, got 11 echidnas from the dungeon already

(non-IAP)
Super Metals come along pretty frequently, and Dark XP isn't exactly difficult to come by. Naga, on the other hand, are, and having a skilled-up Echidna is one of the more important things you can do in Puzzle & Dragons.

My advice? Continue running Scarlet Snake Princess and hope for the best, it's what I've been doing. I have my Echidna at Skill Level 3, and around 15 or so Naga collected. I've been running all weekend and will continue to do so as long as the dungeon is here. When it ends, and the 2x Skill-Up begins, I'm hoping that I'll have enough to fully max skill mine.

Kyuur

So apparently the mob chooses it's skill after you've dealt damage? Just died to Flame Chaser overheat thinking it wouldn't use it until the next turn. :/ Wasted a stone too, oh well.

Totakeke

Too bad it's a rare roll though, can't see the Eva REM worth rolling just for it which is fairly niche. The new Misato which apparently gives 2.5x atk and 2x rcv to attackers is not that bad though.

Tobe

Too bad it's a rare roll though, can't see the Eva REM worth rolling just for it which is fairly niche. The new Misato which apparently gives 2.5x atk and 2x rcv to attackers is not that bad though.

im really more intrigued by the awoken skills they are gonna get.

the big problem with atk teams is #1 getting dtron. #2 HP and Stalling. #3 having color advantages in certain dungeons.

eva collab does this, there are no good water attackers, fire is already covered by kagu and ares. but wood and water is just hard to come by.

if they get row enhancements we are done here. end game potential on that rem.

Totakeke

im really more intrigued by the awoken skills they are gonna get.

the big problem with atk teams is #1 getting dtron. #2 HP and Stalling. #3 having color advantages in certain dungeons.

eva collab does this, there are no good water attackers, fire is already covered by kagu and ares. but wood and water is just hard to come by.

if they get row enhancements we are done here. end game potential on that rem.

Well with Misato you can actually use her as a lead. No need for dtron. It's not a dtron team, but she's a red attacker (or looks like she is).

Surprisingly no sites seem to have information on Misato.

+uvo'ed Misato & AAA Wunder, F/L, 2395/1680/282, Awakenings: Fire row+Orb Enh+Skill Boosts+Bind Resist, 2.5x ATK & 2x RCV for Attacker Type leader skill, Active - Dark and Heal orbs into Fire orbs. Great stats, great awakenings, great orb changer for Shiva and Yamato teams, and good leader for a 2/6.25/2 team with fire rows.
+uvo'ed Shinji & Kaworu, W/D, 2220/2015/198, Awakenings: Water row+Dark row+Skill Boost+Pronged Attack, 300k water nuke active, 3.5x for Attacker Type above 80% leader skill, Great stats, great awakenings, superb leader
+uvo'ed Asuka, F/F, 1345/1813/401, Awakenings: Fire row+Orb Enh+Bind Resist, 2x HP and 2.5x ATK for Attacker Type, Avtive: 5 sec free orb movement (mini Change the World), good sub for Shiva and Yamato teams, good leader paired with Misato

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=38294&pid=365767#pid365767

Think the big winner will be Loki here, sico the eco collab skillup is on chaser diffilculty of skillup.

Honestly I think Dumpty might have a higher drop rate since it's a guaranteed drop if invade, lol

Gold Keeper dropping in JP tomorrow; the first mons to utilize him are Two Heroes
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140224_sinka_sieg.html

Siegfried -> Wt/Lt (-100 HP, -100 ATK, +50 RCV compared to alternate form)
Choochoo -> Wd/Fr (+20 HP, -115 ATK, +10 RCV compared to alternate form)

Top Bottom