• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

He has a ton of hp.

Its worth 50 stamina though
Let me tell you about Pandora spike teams

Are Gold Keeper's attacks multi hit? Might as well go with the trusty old resolve strat if not. I kind of forgot to bring gravities on my current run so I'm probably going to intentionally wipe.

quin

What team did you beat it with? Pray tell.

139325724448516xyl9.jpg

It was a quick choice. I had to use 2 stones. One on the dark keeper and the other on the gold keeper. I can think of many ways to improve this team though

Why didn't I use hera... bah, it's late.

Kreed

Let me tell you about Pandora spike teams

Are Gold Keeper's attacks multi hit? Might as well go with the trusty old resolve strat if not. I kind of forgot to bring gravities on my current run so I'm probably going to intentionally wipe.

Only the gold keepers' super attack is multihit. So if you had a way to kill him before he uses it, resolve would work.

ccbfan

Based on zh.pad.wikia,
Preemptive: absorb dark attacks for 3 turns
11194 damage (max use 2 times)
111940 damage (afterwards)

He's on a 2cd timer though, so Dark teams can just tank the first 11k hit then kill him before bad things happen.

Looks like easy win with Haku team unless the dark keeper mess it up or keepers have 20+ million hp.

Haku (3100)
Hera (2600)
Hera-Is (3500)
Enchilada (2200)
D/L Batman (3000)

Haku(3100)

First enchilada to wait out dark absorb (5 counter, 2 attack turns) then enemy attack then Batman (4 counter, 4 attack turns) then enemy attack then 1 more counter then echilada again(5 attacks turns). So you got 11 attack turns to kill the guy.

Secret is not to kill too fast kill and have everything charged by dark keeper.

Ducarmel

I just stumbled on this game over the weekend and spent most of the time figuring things out and reading guides. For my initial rare I got a Drawn Joker, which seems pretty cool, but I'm not sure how good it is in the grand scheme of things. I've been trying to build a dark team around him just to get through all the initial levels and I've made it to Pluto Valley. Not sure if I made the best decision sticking with that monster, but I'm having a great time experimenting with everything.

Drawn Joker is a situational leader he is not a good first pull.

There is going to be a gofest this weekend keep playing and collecting stones see if you get a god, if your unlucky think about rerolling then.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

razterik

Fell one short on Chiyome after 20 pirates. Now I have to farm a few more when Dark Pirate comes around.

New Keeper doesn't look terrible, but I will miss the plus egg drops. Way more stamina efficient though if you need at least three of the keepers. Too bad Rainbow is an invade. Still have to run his dungeon.

Totakeke

Kreed

Looks like easy win with Haku team unless the dark keeper mess it up or keepers have 20+ million hp.

Haku (3100)
Hera (2600)
Hera-Is (3500)
Enchilada (2200)
D/L Batman (3000)

Haku(3100)

First enchilada to wait out dark absorb (5 counter, 2 attack turns) then enemy attack then Batman (4 counter, 4 attack turns) then enemy attack then 1 more counter then echilada again(5 attacks turns). So you got 11 attack turns to kill the guy.

Secret is not to kill too fast kill and have everything charged by dark keeper.

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/火曜ダンジョン

That's the dungeon. There's a lot to take into account for. It does seem like resolve may be the best route to go if you can take out the Gold Keeper. Maybe Tengu combined with a spike team and delay.

Musan

Good event so far, maxed out my Leilan, too bad she'll only be good as sub on my Kushinada team. Gonna focus on skilling up a rsonia for the next couple days.

Tobe

So I'm thinking of trying to farm Valkyrie this time, do you think this team would be capable.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...1.1.1.0.0..575.30.1.0.0.0.0..629.99.1.0.0.0.0..

I'm thinking high HP with decent RCV and morning star her to death.
Question is will I be able to heal up after Valkyrie Blade ?

im just gonna say fuck valk. i really dont know if you could but that bitch can heal up to 3 times. once i complete my dtron team (i need around 8 tamas and leveling up everybody) i will go and wreck her.

Jinko

Kiren/Horus/Ra teams should be able to handle it. Helps if you have enough plus eggs and gravity skill ups.

Kirin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mn_6MElDpw

Horus (Ridiculous all +297 team though): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-k_samA6LE

You have 6 turns to do 7 million damage, minus 3 turns if you rely on dark damage, but you can use Echidna so it's not too bad I guess....

Ok seeing that in action it don't look so easy anymore haha

Edit:- Dual Bastet seems like a safe bet. (well when I say safe, I mean a small chance)

ccbfan

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/火曜ダンジョン

That's the dungeon. There's a lot to take into account for. It does seem like resolve may be the best route to go if you can take out the Gold Keeper. Maybe Tengu combined with a spike team and delay.

Not sure how a resolve team can do damage high enough to kill the gold keeper before he goes berserk.

My Haku team looks like easy win, the other keepers have way less HP than I expected.

Haku (3100)
Hera (2600)
Hera-Is (3500)
Enchilada (2200)
D/L Batman (3000)

Haku(3100).

The only thing I'm worried about is the transition from Light keeper to Dark keeper and healing up enough to take the Dark keeper's hit. Might need to replace my Hera-IS with a Blue Golem or Hera with a Rainbow keeper. Considering I have 11 attack turns with against the Gold Keeper and maybe 3 Haku active skill if I pick a good partner, I probably don't need gravities and maybe a Anubis will better with its higher RCV.

Kyuur

Not sure how a resolve team can do damage high enough to kill the gold keeper before he goes berserk.

Something like this might work:

Orochi Leader
Echidna
%HP Active Sub
%HP Active Sub
Autorecover Awakening Sub
Combo Leader

Not really a standard resolve team, but doable.

maks

I ended up with 14 Nagas. Such a pain in the ass. I'm scared to feed them now.

I've seen people mention the skill up rate is 20% on x2 days. Is it really like this for monsters of rarity? That would suck if you are skilling up Gods. I was kinda thinking it may be good to evo some of these Nagas but if it doesn't make a difference then F it.

Jinko

Hmmm 2 x Odins would bring 111k down to 4.4k >.> you would be there all week trying to kill him though.

Maybe have some ripper subs/gravities.

linsivvi

My Haku team looks like easy win, the other keepers have way less HP than I expected.

Haku (3100)
Hera (2600)
Hera-Is (3500)
Enchilada (2200)
D/L Batman (3000)

Haku(3100).

The only thing I'm worried about is the transition from Light keeper to Dark keeper and healing up enough to take the Dark keeper's hit. Might need to replace my Hera-IS with a Blue Golem or Hera with a Rainbow keeper. Considering I have 11 attack turns with against the Gold Keeper and maybe 3 Haku active skill if I pick a good partner, I probably don't need gravities and maybe a Anubis will better with its higher RCV.

2 delay seems to be very safe against gold keeper but I am not so sure about having enough RCV to recover every floor. Plus, most people probably don't have D/L Batman, myself included. :(

Since I don't have the suddenly great Angelion, I am thinking of using Kirin and tank a couple hits in the early rounds, use Echidna in floor 4 and will still have enough time to recharge against Gold Keeper. Maybe put Siren on the team to help with tanking hits.

ccbfan

2 delay seems to be very safe again gold keeper but I am not so sure about having enough RCV to recover every floor. Plus, most people probably don't have D/L Batman, myself included. :(

Since I don't have the suddenly great Angelion, I am thinking of using Kirin and tank a couple hits in the early rounds, use Echidna in floor 4 and will still have enough time to recharge against Gold Keeper. Maybe put Siren on the team to help with tanking hits.

Its actually 3 delays :) (Enchilada will recharge before it goes berserk)

D/L batman is just what I have, Orochi is just as good as well as any 2+ turn delay. D/D batman will miss the Enchilada recharge by 1 turn.

RCV is definitely the concern.

I'm thinking

Haku (300 RCV)
Anubis (500 RCV)
Blue Golem
Enchilada (1000 RCV)
D/L Batman

Haku (300 RCV)

might be a better team.

2100 RCV and Blue Golem Defence for dark keeper pre-emp.

Wow, you're gonna need some crazy damage for the Gold Keeper. At least it isn't as random as Twinlits/Trifruits, wonder how long till we get it though.

Also cleared Blue Pirate Legend, it's so much easier than the red one thanks to no shield on the last floor. Used my regular first-time-in-a-dungeon team:

Haku/Haku
Hera-Is
Vamp
Batman
Enchilada

Any ETA on 6.4 btw? The thing I'm looking forward to most right now is updated awakenings, need a LOT of Tamadras though :(

yami4ct

That pink REM seems pretty damn great. Don't know anything about the healer girls, but the 4x drops on Chinese Gods is super duper hot. May have to pull 1-2 more times.

linsivvi

Its actually 3 delays :) (Enchilada will recharge before it goes berserk)

D/L batman is just what I have, Orochi is just as good as well as any 2+ turn delay. D/D batman will miss the Enchilada recharge by 1 turn.

RCV is definitely the concern.

I'm thinking

Haku (300 RCV)
Anubis (500 RCV)
Blue Golem
Enchilada (1000 RCV)
D/L Batman

Haku (300 RCV)

might be a better team.

2100 RCV and Blue Golem Defence for dark keeper pre-emp.

What if I use Undine? 2005/1193/419 is actually serviceable, and a skill boost to boot.

It is totally not leveled though.

Had some very good skill-up luck to start this event. I got skill-ups on a lot of single mob feeders like Fruit Dragons and other random dupes. Got my last King Woodsie skill-up with only 2 more feedings. I now have all 5 King slimes max-skilled. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to max-out my Goemon. I farmed it with only available stam yesterday(including a rank-up refresh), and got the 3 skill-ups I needed with only 5 Goemon. I was fully expecting to need 1 or 2 more Goemon events to finish him off if I didn't want to stone refresh. I really wish I had a Blonia. She was the best helper for running that dungeon. Much better than Blodin or Siegfried. Blodin needs an ultimate. His awakenings are great, but only 2.5x ATK and nothing else is quite lacking nowadays.

The new dungeon keeper dungeon is 6 floors.
Costs 50 stamina.

1. Red keeper 8999 pre-emptive; (3)
2. Blue keeper 8999 pre-emptive; (3)
3. Green keeper 8999 pre-emptive; (3)
4. Light keeper 16999 pre-emptive; (3) 21000 attack

I assume 5 is dark and same as light keeper

All floors are 100%drop on 2x days
Sounds good to me. Of course it's more difficult than any of the existing Keeper dungeons, but with a reliable team, this is much better than the other Keeper dungeons unless you specifically need Rainbows. Like Razterik said though, you miss out on the high +egg rate of the colored Keeper dungeons during 2x days.

Heh. I just did some calculations, and it looks like the Gold Keeper's HP was chosen to thwart Luci teams. 4x 65% gravities and 2 Morning Stars would leave the GK with 70982 HP. With its 9250 DEF, that makes it extremely hard to burn its remaining HP without any ATK multipliers.

linsivvi

Heh. I just did some calculations, and it looks like the Gold Keeper's HP was chosen to thwart Luci teams. 4x 65% gravities and 2 Morning Stars would leave the GK with 70982 HP. With its 9250 DEF, that makes it extremely hard to burn its remaining HP without any ATK multipliers.

Gold Keeper turns to red at half HP though so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. It does stop Unit-13 teams though.

Edit: Or not? You can use 4 35% gravities, do a couple attacks, take a hit and then finish it off. But the pre-emptive attacks would make the team hard to work anyway

ido

Did my first descended today... Hera-Ur, on Legendary.

SoD Lucifer
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Kitty BadShynee
Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
SoD Lucifer

In all I think I had around 49k health... but it just wasn't enough, as I had to use a few stones to clear this. I don't know if I just really, really suck, or if I just wasn't ready with this team.

Thank fucking jesus crystals she dropped though. 40% drop rate had me nervous using those stones(non iap), but she ended up dropping.

For my first descended, how does this one stack up? Is it one of the more difficult ones? Because holy shit it wasn't very easy for me.

Did my first descended today... Hera-Ur, on Legendary.

SoD Lucifer
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Kitty BadShynee
Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
SoD Lucifer

In all I think I had around 49k health... but it just wasn't enough, as I had to use a few stones to clear this. I don't know if I just really, really suck, or if I just wasn't ready with this team.

Thank fucking jesus crystals she dropped though. 40% drop rate had me nervous using those stones(non iap), but she ended up dropping.

For my first descended, how does this one stack up? Is it one of the more difficult ones? Because holy shit it wasn't very easy for me.
She is on the easier side as far as descendeds go, but there are plenty less difficult than hers.

ido

She is on the easier side as far as descendeds go, but there are plenty less difficult than hers.

I think my biggest problem with the team was my RCV. I could clear out 2 rows of hearts after using Siren and it would just barely get me past half health. I think next time I will have a team with a much higher RCV than what I have now... which, without a friend leader, is at 1679.

ccbfan

What if I use Undine? 2005/1193/419 is actually serviceable, and a skill boost to boot.

It is totally not leveled though.

Its should work (Unless Gold Keeper doesn't turn red at half HP, in that case you need thatanos). Just use Undine right before he starts attacking for 100K+ damage. You get 4 free turns from that.

You just need to make sure you have 17000 hp

linsivvi

Its should work (Unless Gold Keeper doesn't turn red at half HP, in that case you need thatanos). Just use Undine right before he starts attacking for 100K+ damage. You get 4 free turns from that.

You just need to make sure you have 17000 hp

Well then I just need 3 million xp and some mats to max her. Doable.

saichi

I think Hera-Ur is the most difficult one out of all Hera descendant as I'm planning which one to go for next after clearing Hera and Two Heroes. Hera-IS seems to be a little easier.

Well then I just need 3 million xp and some mats to max her. Doable.

LOL. I have a Undine too and she never gets any xp. Maybe this is the time!

Gold Keeper turns to red at half HP though so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. It does stop Unit-13 teams though.

Edit: Or not? You can use 4 35% gravities, do a couple attacks, take a hit and then finish it off. But the pre-emptive attacks would make the team hard to work anyway
You wouldn't use MS to kill any of the pre-boss Keepers. They all have a minimum of 3 turns between each attack, which is enough time to fully heal between even their special attacks, provided you have enough RCV and HP to survive the attacks. You do need a high level team plus +RCV, though, since you'd need to break 65K HP to survive a RK attack and all the 35% Dark gravity monsters(only Stratios and Zaerog currently) have negative RCV. As such, it's purely a theoretical team that would not be worth the effort to build, considering the low chance of even killing the GK before it does its mega attack.

Grodin + ultimate Orochi on a ~20K HP team can survive GK's special attack, but the problem is fully healing between attacks. Same with Michael/Michael and 3 max-skill ultimate Susanos.

I'm not sure if anyone will come up with an auto-win defensive team. At first glance, it seems like some type of spike team will be the best solution. Maybe a DQ Hera team with max-skilled gravities and King Baddie. Use up all turns on each Keeper to have gravities charged in time for GK.

A quick team idea:

DQ Hera
Any high skill gravity mob
Persephone/Ronia/etc.
DA Lucifer (Fully awoken he's amazing, and skilled-up he's redonkulous. Can even be used twice on GK at max-skill)
King Baddie
DQ Hera

3 gravities bring GK down to 2,406,645 HP, which King Baddie should easily 1-shot. Even just 2 gravities to bring it down to 3,438,064 is killable. The sub monster slots are very flexible.

edit: Looks like people aren't sure whether GK has a split F/L life bar or not. Should still be doable even if it goes Fire at less than 50%, but obviously not as sure of a thing.

Jinko

I spent 17 stones on Hera-Ur today she was the hardest descended to date for me. (it was mythical mind you, no way I would spend stones on Legend)

Not looking forward to Zeus-dios tomorrow.

What's everyone going to do with their Parvati? I'm thinking G/L might be a little better, but I'm not entirely convinced it's even worth evolving her, aside from having new artwork, right now.

I spent 17 stones on Hera-Ur today she was the hardest descended to date for me. (it was mythical mind you, no way I would spend stones on Legend)

Dios is leagues harder than any of the Heras. Just want to put that out there.

Blue Pirate dungeon

Ammy GrOdin seems to be a way to go. I have a fully awoken Ammy (thanks to a tama dropping this weekend in a "before Stamina refresh metal run", and another dropping from PAL this morning) so pairing with a fully awoken GrOdin means no Binds on leaders. Can tank 1 demon forever, and as long as you tank long enough to get GrOdin up beforehand you can deal with Multiple demons spawning.

Poison from Boss sucks, thinking I might switch out 1 gravity for Neptune JUST for some Poison resist...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

When it comes to dungeons, the only dungeon I can't farm with somewhat reasonable rates would be Dios. That dungeon is SO hard. I'm not even sure why it's hard, but it is. Maybe Ronia could do work on it with my stacked Ronia team, but I don't know.

As it stands, if Ur took you 17 stones, do yourself a favor and don't bother with Dios. There's a video out there of some dude dropping like 50+ stones on that dungeon alone. Wait until you've got the chops to take that beast on.

Jinko

As it stands, if Ur took you 17 stones, do yourself a favor and don't bother with Dios. There's a video out there of some dude dropping like 50+ stones on that dungeon alone. Wait until you've got the chops to take that beast on.

Yea think I will, its not like I need him for anything yet.

J0dy77

i saw this GK run on fb, its pretty stupid with the amount of + eggs but i think its doable without them.

That guy got extremely lucky with combo cascades for his multipliers. I have to see what the GK's preemptive skill is all about. Not sure if I can brute force it with Horus or not.

You need a ton of HP though. Might have to stack physical.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yea think I will, its not like I need him for anything yet.

And the thing about it is, there are so many other options to replace Dios on a team. Unless you can max skill him...Otherwise, he's really situational. I think I used mine like, twice ever?

Top Bottom